PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody actually done "The Way of the Samurai" goal?

Whoopdido1980
03-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I know there are most likely goals that have even worse ROI, but has anybody actually bought 9 Katanas for $6.3 million? The Katana is 10 attack and 12 defense. Actually not that bad for a melee weapon, but why would I waste over $6 million when I'm close to halfway done equipping my mob with Chain Whips, which are about twice as good? I'd rather spend that $6 million to upgrade my Loft or Upscale Club. I know that it's pretty much been decided on this forum that the goals are worthless, but I'm just curious if anybody actually did this one.

xclusiv
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
yes i did it, and i did got hummer mission for 14 million, thats the last one. pointless 40 xp and a few grand in reward

Whoopdido1980
03-22-2012, 08:15 AM
yes i did it, and i did got hummer mission for 14 million, thats the last one. pointless 40 xp and a few grand in reward

Yeah I did the Armored SUV goal (right before the Katana goal) and I think I got 29 XP and $8,000. I hate having those uncompleted goals just sitting there, but they're such a waste. Like most players, I still have that machine gun goal sitting there too. I really don't think I'm going to do any more of those until my economy is really rocking.

Fricco
03-22-2012, 08:15 AM
i used to consider myself a quest follower, that was until i unlocked this goal and
said GTFO, stupid money for some bs weapons. I tell myself to buy one at a time or
when i rob that amount off someone use those funds.... and yet i still have all 9 to buy.

i need muney
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Usually questing helps your development ingame. In Crime City its the absolute opposite.
Getting 30xp and 3 grand for a quest that costs millions is plain ridiculous

dudeman
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Has anybody actually done "The Way of the Samurai" goal?

No. Fk that sht. For the same cost you can get good upgrades, or pay the buy-in for jobs that drop more powerful items.

AppleMacGuy
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Actually this reminded to finish off the Hummer mission - I had 3 more pointless and useless ones to buy for $8.4 million. Well, the free banking just paid back some of its acquisition cost...I accidentally put an extra zero on the withdrawal amount and took out $84 million lol! So, without free banking I would have just lost $8.4 million on the re-deposit...:rolleyes:

Fig Oni
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Actually this reminded to finish off the Hummer mission - I had 3 more pointless and useless ones to buy for $8.4 million. Well, the free banking just paid back some of its acquisition cost...I accidentally put an extra zero on the withdrawal amount and took out $84 million lol! So, without free banking I would have just lost $8.4 million on the re-deposit...:rolleyes:

Rub it in a bit more but nice one with the free banking

Whoopdido1980
03-22-2012, 01:18 PM

Are you saving for something specific? Couldn't you have spent that $84 million on something?

Swifty
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
$84 million = one jet

AppleMacGuy
03-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Are you saving for something specific? Couldn't you have spent that $84 million on something?

I was actually planning to stash enough to run the NC x2 to L3 upgrades back to back and need $110 million each for those. I actually had 138 million this morning (my highest ever cash on-hand amount) but decided to do some other stuff like finish off the Hummers and also buy 120 land mines instead. TBH, I've been in no hurry to upgrade buildings these last couple of weeks. It's fun to focus on something else sometimes, and for me that has been amassing shed loads of explosives and doing some defence buildings upgrades (despite what's been written about the perceived benefit). I'll be done with land mines any time now really, and then I'll only have 500x Sarin to amass. But, since they cost $325K a pop I'll move back to building economy again and get that from my current $616K to the magic $1million per hour. ;)

Babytway
03-22-2012, 04:21 PM
i agree despite what the forum says i upgrade my defense buildings also.

AppleMacGuy
03-22-2012, 04:42 PM
i agree despite what the forum says i upgrade my defense buildings also.

Yep, my philosophy is that I'd rather be ready for any changes to defence buildings that might (but most probably won't) happen rather than scrabblling around furiously to catch up. Like I said, running non-stop money building upgrades just got a bit robotic for me...

mnju_03
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
$84 million = one jet

Sad truth.