PDA

View Full Version : Can I level up from being ATTACKED?

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
SOB! I leveled up! I did NOTHING! All of the sudden I noticed that I am a level 3 with 25 total exp instead of my normal 19. Someone attacked me twice. I won both times, and the second time gained $100. Can I gain exp by others attacking me?????

EDIT: I now know it was because of being attacked by fchrfb...

http://i40.tinypic.com/qy72hj.jpg

JohnnyR
03-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Building some buildings generates xp. Did you have one going that was a part of your goals folder?

What?
03-22-2012, 12:21 AM
There are some missions like obtaining a certain amount of allies. If you recently added allies or sent out requests you may have inadvertently completed a mission.

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Building some buildings generates xp. Did you have one going that was a part of your goals folder?

no I did not. I would not make such a careless mistake. this is the ONLY thing besides collecting that has happened recently...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2z6t5cm.png

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 12:23 AM
NOW my experience says 26! it went up! wtf...

EDIT: it is because people are attacking me! another just raided me and i gaind $200. ****... stop you a-holes lol. IM CAMPING!!! leave my elfin tent alone!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/os7mfb.png

Aidan
03-22-2012, 01:53 AM
U will get xp when attacked n won. If u dnt want to level up, thn dont leave ur xp too close at the next lvl. I've been leveled up like tht 2-3 times

kuku
03-22-2012, 02:00 AM
sry but i think ur strategy is totaly fail.
u upgrade the low lvl money buildings and waste ur time with it.

lvl up to 14 - 20 and upgrade the better buildings for more money in same upgrade time as ur low buildings.

EDIT: look here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6ZUE&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=4

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 06:17 AM
sry but i think ur strategy is totaly fail.
u upgrade the low lvl money buildings and waste ur time with it.

lvl up to 14 - 20 and upgrade the better buildings for more money in same upgrade time as ur low buildings.

EDIT: look here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6ZUE&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=4

I'm sorry Kuku but I don't think you realize what my goal is. If you did then this what make more sense.

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 06:35 AM
SOB! I leveled up! I did NOTHING! All of the sudden I noticed that I am a level 3 with 25 total exp instead of my normal 19. Someone attacked me twice. I won both times, and the second time gained $100. Can I gain exp by others attacking me?????

Yes if you win, you get xp, it's why some campers don't want allies or keep 1 or 2 so their stats are low. Also keeping low ally count means taking very few units to battle so less losses or so the theory goes.

Also why they consider lost cash the cost of doing this strategy.

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 07:16 AM
I will murder "fcrhfb"
Forever Hitlist...

You better stock up fcrhfb, b/c when I level up, I'm coming for you..

http://i41.tinypic.com/33wtwsy.jpg

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I love it that you are taking attacks so personally so soon. Wait until they can hit you 10x in a row! And because of the unit casualty rates, it actually makes sense to hit a player 3-5 times, even while losing, just to even out the casualty rate. That has to be looked at in the aggregate now. It is a LONG game with a lot of STRONG players. You are gonna get hit a lot just because of that economy. That was really the point of my whole post last night.

Dreno33
03-22-2012, 08:18 AM
I love it that you are taking attacks so personally so soon. Wait until they can hit you 10x in a row! And because of the unit casualty rates, it actually makes sense to hit a player 3-5 times, even while losing, just to even out the casualty rate. That has to be looked at in the aggregate now. It is a LONG game with a lot of STRONG players. You are gonna get hit a lot just because of that economy. That was really the point of my whole post last night.

ya I expected that but I didnt realize we gained experience winning attacks OTHERS start. dammit Funzio. Now Ima have all these idiots attacking me and leveling me up. 3 more ppl have attacked me already...

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Again, just wait until you hit Lvls 50-60, and 300 of your rivals can "creep" on your base all night long hitting you 10 times in a row (more if raiding?) every two hours. You will be leveling daily by then, I would wager.

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Your only option is to drop your defense to a point that you constantly lose, but then you won't be able to collect, and you stated in another thread that your goal was to go as long as possible on a winning streak with ZERO losses.

stricker
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
You are a trip, Dreno!!! hehehe... The best thing you can do to lay low & stay off the radar of most players is to follow AO's advice about low # of allies. WP & JackRakan93 have hardly leveled up in over a month, not factoring in the Titanium bar event.

lmao at your temper just because you are attacked.... =D)))))
I think it's hilarious when some idiot attacks me and loses... especially when they leave me some cash... many, many times it is 30k at a time, multiple times in a roll... remember, if you are a bigger king of the hill (big or little hill), someone is always wanting try and knock you off!!!

You'll still be able to work your strategy fairly closely, w/a little tweek to compensate for this recent revelation. You just better not remove me from your ally list or I'LL BE COMING AFTER YOU! hehe

You will need to be flexible w/your strategy and make adjustment on the fly. There are many, many dynamics (just like an economy), which I think makes the whole game environment so attractive to us addicts. The devs have never given any really understanding of the gaming mechanics and that gives all of us an additional intel op in a weird kind of way. imho.... =p

you are doing great, man. keep up the good work & i'm keeping an eye on that nasty little temper... LOL

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM

That is an important point. This is an extremely dangerous position to take when you get to whale territory as bad attitudes will earn you a high degree of social engineering for many players. Best to just take your lumps and move on, there is always going to someone that is more powerful than you unless you have a lot of real money to invest. Best to play for fun and respect your fellow players...

stricker
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
That is an important point. This is an extremely dangerous position to take when you get to whale territory as bad attitudes will earn you a high degree of social engineering for many players. Best to just take your lumps and move on, there is always going to someone that is more powerful than you unless you have a lot of real money to invest. Best to play for fun and respect your fellow players...
AO, you've mention several times about this socially engineered, weird kind of peace in whale territory... Is this akin to gang leadership? Like, if you get out of line, I'll beat you to a pulp until you behave? Is there some clandestine type of politics involved? Do you think this would be a topic for a new thread? (w/o getting into real world politics, of course...lol)

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I would love to hear more on this topic as well. I am trying to be mentally prepared for going over Lvl 100. I have heard that there is a "peace" in the upper levels, but I have the impression that some backside-kissing will be required for survival up there.

War Priest
03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Never resort to backside kissing. Never... :)

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Lol. Fair enough, but I also notice that you are not in any rush to Lvl up yet, either. Even though you are clearly a smart and strong player.

War Priest
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Maybe Dec 2013 I will be ready for level 100. ;) In the meantime, I need to collect all the limited editions until then.

Jp lfs
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I am in complete agreement from an obsessive collector standpoint, maybe not the time-frame, though. I am way too addicted to PvP to leave it alone for more than a day or two. So that alone levels me up occasionally.

War Priest
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Haha, I was just kidding about the date man. I will probably be in the hundreds by the end of the year. I prefer pvp over pve for cash, but everyone in my list doesn't have much money. So I have to rely on my money buildings for cash. So while saving and collecting, I am upgrading my unit buildings.

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Never resort to backside kissing. Never... :)

Well it's not really about sucking up as much as it's about manning up and not being a poor sport, sore looser, posting profanities on others walls etc. It kind of makes for a very civilized form of war. Not quite like the Star Trek episode A Taste of Armageddon but those exhibiting rather uncivilized behavior get beat down by the most powerful players in the game. It really is a very clever form of social engineering....

So some of the attitude may get a bit of not so subtle correction up there....

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Maybe Dec 2013 I will be ready for level 100. ;) In the meantime, I need to collect all the limited editions until then.

You'll be fine with 2000 all gold units and right now you only need to have about 150-160,000 pts.

stricker
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Well it's not really about sucking up as much as it's about manning up and not being a poor sport, sore looser, posting profanities on others walls etc. It kind of makes for a very civilized form of war. Not quite like the Star Trek episode A Taste of Armageddon but those exhibiting rather uncivilized behavior get beat down by the most powerful players in the game. It really is a very clever form of social engineering....

So some of the attitude may get a bit of not so subtle correction up there....
That's sounds quiet reasonable actually, not weird. I don't suck up and I don't rant on attacker's walls who pummel me. I just send in my rant to funzio via the in-game 'contact support' option. That gets it out of my system... lol

So AO, is that the executive summary or the full extent of this whale society? oh yeah, & does that mean that I'm a clever parent if i wak my child for being uncivilized?

War Priest
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM
You'll be fine with 2000 all gold units and right now you only need to have about 150-160,000 pts.

I know, but having more won't hurt since some have better stats than other's. =)

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
That's sounds quiet reasonable actually, not weird. I don't suck up and I don't rant on attacker's walls who pummel me. I just send in my rant to funzio via the in-game 'contact support' option. That gets it out of my system... lol

So AO, is that the executive summary or the full extent of this whale society? oh yeah, & does that mean that I'm a clever parent if i wak my child for being uncivilized?

Oh that is just a very simplified observation of whale society. It is actually a very complex and evolving entity which has taken on a life of it's own. It is really a very fascinating thing to watch, at first I didn't quite understand it but over time it became very obvious that there was a very intelligent master plan which has now become quite clear. It also helps that those at the center of the plan are quite skilled orators and tacticians.

Agent Orange
03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I know, but having more won't hurt since some have better stats than other's. =)

Ahhh the beginning of an arms race....

stricker
03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Ahhh the beginning of an arms race....
lol... my dad can bet up your dad!!!
AO... please consider starting a thread on this and providing gooey details.
...i promise i'll try very, very hard not to hijack it. (fingers crossed behind my back)