PDA

View Full Version : Small gold strategy

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
So I've collected 145 gold from tapjoy and have noticed the new apps come in at a trickles pace (no complaints), pretty sure a composites factory is far off for now.

Anyway, I'd like to discuss the different ways to spend limited gold, best bang for the buck. Thinking I can simply reset energy timers for the mission goals with hi payouts and collect money for a space center or nanotech, but not sure if there's more economical or simply better way to go. I'm thinking units will give only limited benefit, and would rather think long term here. Thoughts?

bigflan
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Buy hold units

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Units are DEFINITELY long term. ESPECIALLY in mw. CC not so much since all items are indestructible (though replaceable in stats). If you're not going to save up for the composite factory, then i would most recommend either crates (it's a gamble) or the limited-time offers of gold unit (50-60 gold range) I bought 10 of the Fuel Supply Ships (11/54) for 55g each.

**Spent some free iTunes credit given from mac purchase back in July.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I would say crates or gold units. The crates are a gamble but, if you get a rare unit, with those stats they are worth around 500 gold. You can't lose with the crates. Your either getting something equal to or greater value.

On a side note, I woud try and get the composite factory if you don't have it. By far the best gold building you can get. And that helps all your units.

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Man, you guys really lke them units and crates, heh. Maybe I'll have to consider this.

WP, that's kinda why I wanted the composites to begin with, all the offense boosts are limeted, but composites isn't limited at all.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
WP, that's kinda why I wanted the composites to begin with, all the offense boosts are limeted, but composites isn't limited at all.

What do you mean?

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
What do you mean?

Composites benefit all unit types as opposed to the offense boost buildings (airship hangar, naval research, etc...) Basically I'm agreeing with your reasoning.

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
What do you mean?

he means it affects all units not just a specific group/class.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Got it now. Wasn't for sure. But I would say go for that first.

Agent Orange
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Agree I think I would aim for the composite factory.

The other thought is that we will probably see more of those supply box type events so it may be worth saving up some gold in case you are getting down to the wire and only need 1 more bar. Granted that seemed to be no guarantee for success but might increase your odds just enough.

I might have said EMP cannons but I've waltzed into bases with whole gaggles of the things and not had any problems raiding so not sure they are a good idea even though on paper they seem so.

JMC
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
By far best thing to go for if you've got a limited amount of gold is the composites factory. As i said in a different thread, i was credited gold for finding a bug in the beta. I used some of that gold to also get me a composites factory and right now that factory is giving me about a 4500 defence boost on it's own. It is also very cheap to upgrade.

If for some reason you feel the need to spend the gold now, best bet for stats are the crates. The common drops are all as strong as 40-50 gold units. Then you have the chance of getting units about as strong as 150-200 gold units or 500-700 gold units. Really no way to lose.

However, especially in higher levels, gold units are by far the most useless way to spend your gold unless you plan to spend a lot and get a lot of them.

If you're not looking for a stat boost, go for the cheaper gold money buildings. They all give a decent income, but they tend to cost a lot to upgrade. Only one you'd be affording with that amount of gold is 2 solar arrays though.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Dang JMC, Funzio must have gave you a rather large amount of gold.

JMC
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Dang JMC, Funzio must have gave you a rather large amount of gold.

It was a good amount :). Wasted 290 of it though.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
It was a good amount :). Wasted 290 of it though.

Instead of them being greatful for your find and report, maybe they want to turn you into a gold player. Might work. You like having gold right now, I know you do, and once you hit 0 you are going to want more. :)

JMC
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Nah, im not going to spend any money on the game. I'll only ever have gold if im given it.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Nah, im not going to spend any money on the game. I'll only ever have gold if im given it.

Haha, alright.

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Why so cynical, WP?

War Priest
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Why so cynical, WP?

Hey, just saying it could happen.

Aidan
03-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Johnny, just spend on composite. At ur level, if u buy 2-3 gold unit, it wont give much difference. Unless it's fr ur LLP (nt sure u hv 1) then it's better to get gold unit.

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Currently at 49 gold once again, am quite tempted by the crates again. If I can stave off temptation past 145 gold, shooting for a geothermal plant. Anyone know where gold building stats can be found?

Sepi
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
As far as I know, there isn't spreadsheet for Gold buildings yet. But mind you with Geothermal Plant that it costs ~ 10 million just upgrade it to level 2, and as 6 hour building it is more vulnerable to raids than other Gold buildings (par Solar Arrays, but mine have never been raided so far...). I also suggest that you go for Composites Factory, it is just awesome and upgrades are both inexpensive and quick as many other have said. :)

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Already got composites. :-) That's a steep price in upgrading such a tiny money building, too bad. :-/ Thanks for the info!

Warfiend
04-20-2012, 11:43 PM
My small gold strategy is about patience and a focus on defense. I went composite factory and my next purchase is looking to be that defense building that starts with 125 defense. It doesn't seem like the range limitations of defense buildings matter in a general attack(I could be wrong) and I know the composite factory can be raided causing me to lose the 20 percent boost, so I figure getting a few of those to guard it should be good insurance against that happening as well as a greater defense boost than any equivalently priced individual unit.

I'm assuming, but don't know, that it upgrades like the other defense buildings I've had so far, where each level knocks it up 50 percent. I'm going to get confirmation of that before I buy it, but if that's the case, you can seriously pump it up with cash and time, which fits my own strategy perfectly.

Sepi
04-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Already got composites. :-) That's a steep price in upgrading such a tiny money building, too bad. :-/ Thanks for the info!

No problem, haven't checked your base in a while so I wasn't aware that you got the Factory. :)

StuN
04-21-2012, 01:57 AM
@Warfiend you're right, it does add to overall def stats. I'm going for it as well

Warfiend
05-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm assuming, but don't know, that it upgrades like the other defense buildings I've had so far, where each level knocks it up 50 percent. I'm going to get confirmation of that before I buy it, but if that's the case, you can seriously pump it up with cash and time, which fits my own strategy perfectly.

Well I picked it up a few days back. I did not get confirmation as I said I would before I bought it because I could not find any info on it in the forums or the spread sheets when I searched and didn't feel like bothering support with a ticket. So I took a gamble and it turns out that at least for the first upgrade, it does not upgrade by 50 percent exactly.

The first upgrade takes the defense from 125 to 183(187.5 would be a 50 percent boost). It could be the case that the next upgrade will be bigger like with the bunkers, to even it out to a 100 percent boost after the second upgrade. The first upgrade is expensive, costing 2,000,000, and has an upgrade time of 48 hours. I'm in the economy boosting phase of my upgrades so I won't be getting around to upgrade this one probably for weeks.

I like it, but I wouldn't, however, want to rely on these as the backbone of my defense strategy due to the limited coverage area in raids. These are more like cherries on top of already good defenses in my view.

More of these will be part of my small gold strategy going forward over the long term, but I may go for a gold money building or two before getting another one as my defense is solid for my level and ally count.

kt3448
05-05-2012, 05:49 AM
@Warfiend, are you describing the composite boost building? If so, I was under the impression it was a one time purchase, like the other boost buildings, and it increases total defensive stats so range protection is not a factor with this building.

Warfiend
05-05-2012, 08:36 AM
@Warfiend, are you describing the composite boost building? If so, I was under the impression it was a one time purchase, like the other boost buildings, and it increases total defensive stats so range protection is not a factor with this building.

Referring to the emp cannon.