PDA

View Full Version : Gold players with low income....

Dillinja
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Now before all you gold players start getting hot under the collar and start bashing your keyboards this isnt a generalisation :P

I'm a free player (thanks you to the gold players) and although I have decent stats I feel soon there is going to be a massive imbalance. I've been attacked by a few gold players lately and although I havent lost much (desert leader/amphibious trooper) when i've visited their bases they have decent stats and a crappy 20/30K income so nothing worthwhile raiding either

Now everyone is entitled to play the game as they wish, but if it carries on I dont know how the 'Average Joe' who is a free player and not a forum user supposed to compete?
More people will become bored/peed off/ and leave which will leave the all gold players fighting all gold players....

stricker
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
That's the point in whale territory, Dillinja! Don't you know that huge whales need tons of krill shrimp or plankton to feed on!!!! One quick look at the a/d points on gold units vs free play unit available, and the results are inevitable... at some point...

it's only a matter of time. i know i'll eventually get disgusted w/getting my ___ kicked by huge whales. my strat is see how long i can last.... plain and simple! =)

War Priest
03-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Haha, is that why your so nice to me stricker? Better to be my friend than foe? =P

stricker
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Haha, is that why your so nice to me stricker? Better to be my friend than foe? =P
I WON'T SUCK UP TO ANYONE!!!
...play hard, die hard. =) ...like i said to you before, the verdict is still out on you & i've got my eye on you.
...keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

War Priest
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
I WON'T SUCK UP TO ANYONE!!!
...play hard, die hard. =) ...like i said to you before, the verdict is still out on you & i've got my eye on you.
...keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I know that's bad. Kissing ass on a video game. Haha. If somebody is willing to do that on a game, then I feel bad for them in reality.

Maybe I will have to go off the grid since your keeping such an eye on me. I'll remove all forum allies, and log into here with a new name. =)

stricker
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I know that's bad. Kissing ass on a video game. Haha. If somebody is willing to do that on a game, then I feel bad for them in reality.

Maybe I will have to go off the grid since your keeping such an eye on me. I'll remove all forum allies, and log into here with a new name. =)
...there's no way you could bring yourself to that! ...you'd no longer have your narcissistic 'names people have called me' list!!! ...and, even if you did, we'd spot you w/in 3 or 4 post!

War Priest
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
...there's no way you could bring yourself to that! ...you'd no longer have your narcissistic 'names people have called me' list!!! ...and, even if you did, we'd spot you w/in 3 or 4 post!

How could you discover me with another name? I should create a new forum account just to see if you can. Haha.

And I know. I would have to get my 679 posts again and everything. I don't know what makes people think I am a developer but I will have to do that again too. Kind of funny people thinking your a dev.

Agent Orange
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Now before all you gold players start getting hot under the collar and start bashing your keyboards this isnt a generalisation :P

I'm a free player (thanks you to the gold players) and although I have decent stats I feel soon there is going to be a massive imbalance. I've been attacked by a few gold players lately and although I havent lost much (desert leader/amphibious trooper) when i've visited their bases they have decent stats and a crappy 20/30K income so nothing worthwhile raiding either

Now everyone is entitled to play the game as they wish, but if it carries on I dont know how the 'Average Joe' who is a free player and not a forum user supposed to compete?
More people will become bored/peed off/ and leave which will leave the all gold players fighting all gold players....

Well the horse is gone and the barn door is wide open.....

Too late, that problem took place months ago and even the gold buyers were saying that there should have been a cap on the amount they could spend. Instead there wasn't and as a result you have a few players that have all gold armies. That means all 2000 units they bring to battle are gold and therefore indestructible. The also have stats over 126,000 attack and defence so basically unless you have deep pockets forget about being at that level.

But let me say that I am a free player and at Level 126 and still find the game interesting even though I have no hope in hell of ever catching them and that is perfectly fine. Also at the high end of the game you have run out of goals unless installing walls and fences turns your crank but your valor goals are pretty much finished other than my current goal is to win 41 battles against players at Level 125 or greater....

Btw I've had my ally list reset so will be happy to accept all requests since none of my previous allies were carried over.

Please add 863 440 860

War Priest
03-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Stil shows you on mine AO.

JackoV
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Well the horse is gone and the barn door is wide open.....

Too late, that problem took place months ago and even the gold buyers were saying that there should have been a cap on the amount they could spend. Instead there wasn't and as a result you have a few players that have all gold armies. That means all 2000 units they bring to battle are gold and therefore indestructible. The also have stats over 126,000 attack and defence so basically unless you have deep pockets forget about being at that level.

But let me say that I am a free player and at Level 126 and still find the game interesting even though I have no hope in hell of ever catching them and that is perfectly fine. Also at the high end of the game you have run out of goals unless installing walls and fences turns your crank but your valor goals are pretty much finished other than my current goal is to win 41 battles against players at Level 125 or greater....

Btw I've had my ally list reset so will be happy to accept all requests since none of my previous allies were carried over.

Please add 863 440 860

There is hope! If Funzio increases the amount of units into battle from 2000 to 3000.
Max gold units into battle = 2000.. and 1000 are non-gold units =)

Because it would be not fair for those gold players which bought 2k gold units.. and then only 1000 are usefull..
So best would be.. increase max units into battle.. and keep the gold unit limit at 2000. :p

XDD

Agent Orange
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Stil shows you on mine AO.

Yes it's part of this ally list bug. I don't have anyone I used to have in my list yet a number of friends are telling me that I show up in theirs. My problem is that my ally count had to reset to zero.... So I no longer can see you folks, only fix is to remove my old entry and send a new request.

This seems to a sporadic bug but happens if you add more than 1000 allies to your list. I did notice that when I crossed that threshold that a lot of players in my rivals list suddenly disappeared. The devs are working on a fix.

Osy
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Dillinja, you don't have to compete with them or visit their base to see what you can raid. Just let it go. They play their game within the game. The majority of them are high level players which means there are a lot of other players you could compete with. You don't fight with wind or snow, but protect yourself. Do the same. They will get bored. The only damage gold players can do is to raid your buildings and destroy 3-4 of your units. As long as you build and upgrade your money buildings and keep your money safe in the vault and spend unprotected money on additional units, you are ok. You can remove some allies in order to "get out of the way". Many of high level players tend to have around 500 allies. Stay below that level. I'd recommend you to upgrade you vault to max, build as many money buildings as you can and upgrade them. And, the most important, ignore those with gold army. There is nothing worse than indifference. :cool:

Maverick50727
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Back to your original point of gold players without economy. Their income comes from attacking only. That is part of their strategy. There are extremes on both ends. Some have income of over 1mil per hour to those who have virtually nothing. The worst I saw about a month ago (I'm not sure if they were really a real gold player or hacker) had 60kA/D with 20k attacks and another 20k raids under his belt but only had a single L3 command center. A L100 gold player with 60k attack with no income (1458 per hour) and also did nothing but taunt everyone on his wall. I only saw him for a few days and he added another 20k in more gold units. I haven't seen him since so maybe he was a hacker as some claimed to devs. I normally have nothing against gold players as they pay for the game I enjoy and play. It is people like that one that gives a black eye to all gold players who play fair and act decent. I hope he went up against Stephen and he put him in his place. LOL

Agent Orange
03-21-2012, 08:15 PM
There is hope! If Funzio increases the amount of units into battle from 2000 to 3000.
Max gold units into battle = 2000.. and 1000 are non-gold units =)

Because it would be not fair for those gold players which bought 2k gold units.. and then only 1000 are usefull..
So best would be.. increase max units into battle.. and keep the gold unit limit at 2000. :p

XDD

I'm not sure we can attain an equilibrium with non gold units due to their current values. I just did a very quick check and 2000 B-1 bombers or whatever it's called only make it to 100,000 attack points. If we go to 3000 of these units we would squeak it up to 150,000 units while I'm pretty sure there are several gold players already at or near 160,000 so it would really only help line Funzio's pockets which means it may actually happen. :p

The other thing is the high value expensive units don't have really high casualty rates, the B-52 and the Ballistic missile sub are only rated as medium but are 1 million and 2 million dollar units. Granted Super Hornets and Stealth Frigates are technically worth more.

I think at this point I'd have to just say it is what it is and leave it at that. Plus the more I watch what's transpiring right now the more I have to say there are several players who have executed an absolutely brilliant plan and in a sense are bringing a strange sort of peace to the game and that is no mean feat considering the concept of the game. I think the term to best describe what they have succeeded in doing is take and hold a superior tactical advantage and from that position socially engineer the players below them to the point they have to conclude that resistance if futile because essentially it is. And that I think is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen in an online game.