PDA

View Full Version : Best Time To Buy for A Night Club

Hank
03-21-2012, 02:29 AM
I was wonding if anyone has given any thought on when the best time to save for a nightclub is. I make about 250k an hour and I think I can get my first night club if i save for a couple of weeks, but Im concerned about the opportunity cost of saving for so long because my lofts are only level 5 and are due for an upgrade. Anyone have anythoughts about how long is too long to save for a nightclub? And how one should decide on when to pull the trigger?

deuces
03-21-2012, 02:58 AM
What're your movie theatres at? I was thinking about doing mt level 8,9 and loft level 7 while saving for a nightclub and maybe level 2 upgrade. I think the length of those would upgrades would let me save close to enough to start the l2 upgrade after it finished building. My econ is about the same as yours, was thinking of starting the save around 350k tho because i really dont want to save for a long time.

ReaperZer0
03-21-2012, 03:03 AM
I think the time investment is worth it, because if nothing else you have it taken care of. I took about a week for each one. What I did to offset the time and possible impact on my economy was I upgraded my neglected Type A buildings during that point. It was cheap to do, but it took a long time, and I think that was a good plan. I'm continuing to do the same thing more or less. Save for something expensive while taking care of something cheap. I thought it was clever. Then again no one's even seemed to pay attention to my posts, so I don't know why I'm posting at all, but oh well, this is already typed out.

Hank
03-21-2012, 03:31 AM
I think the time investment is worth it, because if nothing else you have it taken care of. I took about a week for each one. What I did to offset the time and possible impact on my economy was I upgraded my neglected Type A buildings during that point. It was cheap to do, but it took a long time, and I think that was a good plan. I'm continuing to do the same thing more or less. Save for something expensive while taking care of something cheap. I thought it was clever. Then again no one's even seemed to pay attention to my posts, so I don't know why I'm posting at all, but oh well, this is already typed out.

No, I see what you are saying. I actually used to do the same thing. But then I started feeling like it was going to be a waste of time to work on those early "type A" buildings because Im thinking once our incomes get way up there, then all of those early type A buildings become irrelevant. for example, i have a level 10 pizza parlor that i wish i never leveled up past 5. Its hard trying to figure out whats most deserving of an upgrade

Hank
03-21-2012, 03:32 AM
What're your movie theatres at? I was thinking about doing mt level 8,9 and loft level 7 while saving for a nightclub and maybe level 2 upgrade. I think the length of those would upgrades would let me save close to enough to start the l2 upgrade after it finished building. My econ is about the same as yours, was thinking of starting the save around 350k tho because i really dont want to save for a long time.

My MTs are at level 5. I was considering trying to upgrade those save for the Night Club along the way, but im not sure if my income is high enough yet.

jaywalker
03-21-2012, 03:41 AM
My income is only 43k/h @ level 90, and I'm concidering saving up for a nightclub. Should take me 25-35 days depending on what I manage to rob. I usually end up getting 1.3-1.8M every 24 hour, but some times I get less.
My strategy would be to upgrade some 3 or 6 hours buildings to level 10 while building a few more ~1mill buildings, just to replace my crappy warehouses and similar low level 24/48h buildings.

I might wait untill I hit 100k/h though, not 100% sure yet.

ReaperZer0
03-21-2012, 03:51 AM
No, I see what you are saying. I actually used to do the same thing. But then I started feeling like it was going to be a waste of time to work on those early "type A" buildings because Im thinking once our incomes get way up there, then all of those early type A buildings become irrelevant. for example, i have a level 10 pizza parlor that i wish i never leveled up past 5. Its hard trying to figure out whats most deserving of an upgrade

They may become (or are already) a relatively small amount, but every little bit can count, and it adds up. Plus they're practically robbery proof, because once you get to that level, no one wants to bother robbing them, so that alone makes them worth it to me to some extent. If nothing else, it can be a slush fund, something to spend on decorations, trees, unlocking event items, whatever.

Anyway, that's just how I tackled going after Nightclubs myself, do as you will. Just my two cents.

snowstockholm
03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Plus they're practically robbery proof, because once you get to that level, no one wants to bother robbing them, so that alone makes them worth it to me to some extent.

Not sure if they are really robbery proof. Empirical experience tells me that if it's there, someone desperate will rob it. I am level 144 and had my Italian restaurants robbed today by someone at level 199.

From my perspective, when I have all my 94 bullets filled up and nothing good to rob, I rob any building just out of frustration.