PDA

View Full Version : CC Mark AMA

Pages : [1] 2

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Go ahead, ask. I might not answer. Keep it related to the industry and personal (though let's not get scatological or anything) questions. Asking me about content releases, exact math, etc, won't get an answer.

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I'll go first. What does "AMA" stand for? American Medical Association? Academy of Model Aeronautics?

And do you have a righteous widow's peak in real life?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/image.php?u=4&dateline=1304039766

scottmac112
03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll go first. What does "AMA" stand for?

Is it... Ask Me Anything? Not being a smartass, just a guess ha.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
It means "Ask Me Anything".

When I was younger I had a pretty sharp widow's peak. It's still there, but it filled in a lot.

Fricco
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I'll go first. What does "AMA" stand for?

see below ......

Jill
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Did you ever consider at any point, after the backlash that followed the introduction of the rusty M4A1, that you guys had made a mistake?

Robin Hood
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Apart from Tecmo Super Bowl, what is your second favorite NES game?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Did you ever consider at any point, after the backlash that followed the introduction of the rusty M4A1, that you guys had made a mistake?

Yes, there were a lot of debates about this on both sides.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Apart from Tecmo Super Bowl, what is your second favorite NES game?

Regular NES? Probably Chrysalis. Castlevania 2 was pretty good though.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I probably should have put on my hipster glasses and said that my 2600 was better than NES.

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Dang it, Jill. Now you gotta go all serious and whatnot... and ask an awesome question. Well done. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/thumbsup.gif

I have another. What's the one thing that comes up on the forums that makes you roll your eyes, sigh, and just pray to get through one more day?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Dang it, Jill. Now you gotta go all serious and whatnot... and ask an awesome question. Well done. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/thumbsup.gif

I have another. What's the one thing that comes up on the forums that makes you roll your eyes, sigh, and just pray to get through one more day?

Any post that's all in caps, or claims something isn't fair without offering their idea of what would be fair.

Jill
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, there were a lot of debates about this on both sides.

And to put it to bed once and for all, will you reverse your decision?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
And to put it to bed once and for all, will you reverse your decision?

Anything could happen.

Jill
03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Anything could happen.

That has given me my first smile of the week.... Where there is hope, there is a way ..... Thanks CCMark

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
This one at a time thing is going to take all night. Here we go...

How old are you?
Are you a game developer, forum developer, coffee developer? "Developer" is a pretty broad term. What exactly is your role at Funzio?
Do you find the forums a source of entertainment or another task that needs to be completed during the day?
It has been said before (by you, I think) that Funzio Devs do not play Crime City. Is that a personal choice or a request from Funzio management?
How seriously do Funzio Devs and Business Analysts take our suggestions?
Have you ever banned someone and smiled with satisfaction?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
This one at a time thing is going to take all night. Here we go...

How old are you?
Are you a game developer, forum developer, coffee developer? "Developer" is a pretty broad term. What exactly is your role at Funzio?
Do you find the forums a source of entertainment or another task that needs to be completed during the day?
It has been said before (by you, I think) that Funzio Devs do not play Crime City. Is that a personal choice or a request from Funzio management?

1) 28
2) I used to manage our community, but LFizzle does that now. Mostly I manage our support team, provide input on game features, and try to work as an advocate for the players. I guess you could say I "developed" the support system and community. Anyone who is an employee of Funzio will have the "Developer" tag on the forums though.
3) Both. Sometimes it's fun and sometimes it's work.
4) Are you sure we said that? I know plenty of us play all of our games. We don't always have time to play all of our games, and some of us aren't as far along as others, but pretty much all of us play. I'm in the 120s in CC, low 80s in MW, and a pathetically low 16 in KA.

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
4) Are you sure we said that? I know plenty of us play all of our games. We don't always have time to play all of our games, and some of us aren't as far along as others, but pretty much all of us play. I'm in the 120s in CC, low 80s in MW, and a pathetically low 16 in KA.
I stand corrected. I could have sworn that I saw a post saying otherwise.

If I post my CC number right now and ask you to add me, will I get banned?

Also:

5. How seriously do Funzio Devs and Business Analysts take our suggestions?
6. Have you ever banned someone and smiled with satisfaction?

G Wiz
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Mark,

Can you say whether or not any idea(s) have been implemented or is under serious consideration by Funzio staff that has been suggested by forum members? If so can you say what it is?

Also;

Do you have a favorite forum member that you particularly enjoy posts from?

Steve0
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Glad you play, do you use gold? Or farm an item? How many gold building do you have? Or are you one of the players that have no hood?

Gaming Will
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow this is awesome CCMark. Being that I'm still a newbie I don't quite have a question. I can say that I have read back through MANY threads to see who to really trust, who gives quite a laugh, etc. this will definitely be interesting to see this play out. :)

BeniBugatti
03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
How many M4A1 do you have on your 120 toon? :p

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I stand corrected. I could have sworn that I saw a post saying otherwise.

If I post my CC number right now and ask you to add me, will I get banned?

Also:

I'm not adding people. A few months ago I turned my accounts into test accounts to verify data since I don't have a lot of time to play. This means I can't fight anyone, since my account would be unfair. I also don't show up in the rivals list and can't be attacked.

5) Very seriously. We have daily meetings and lots of e-mail conversations.
6) Spammers, all the time.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Mark,

Can you say whether or not any idea(s) have been implemented or is under serious consideration by Funzio staff that has been suggested by forum members? If so can you say what it is?

Also;

Do you have a favorite forum member that you particularly enjoy posts from?

1) There are a few that we're considering.
2) Not anymore really, the forums aren't conducive to a lot of friendly conversation right now.

Xira
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM

He doesn't have any because they didn't realize what stats were duhhhhh *cough*(hehe)

Ok question time, i assume it is a blast working for a booming company, so what do you guys do for fun? Or is it all business?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Glad you play, do you use gold? Or farm an item? How many gold building do you have? Or are you one of the players that have no hood?

I use gold now because I'm testing stuff. I have almost 0 time in my day to play now so I do cheat to verify stuff. Back when I had time I didn't use gold because I wanted to see how far you could get without it.

In MW all I had were unit buildings and I'd always protect my funds and laugh when people attacked me.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:27 PM

1? I think 1. Farming one item over and over didn't sound fun to me, so I didn't do it. Mostly I enjoyed PVP.

thedogfather
03-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Any plans on raising the 500 mafia limit for usable items?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
He doesn't have any because they didn't realize what stats were duhhhhh *cough*(hehe)

Ok question time, i assume it is a blast working for a booming company, so what do you guys do for fun? Or is it all business?

I'll take that as "what do you and your co-workers do for fun?". Let's see. Lots of table-tennis (I'm mediocre). We have card game tournaments (also mediocre). Some people have a poker night once a week (I suck). I taught myself how to juggle as a stress reliever, and do that at work a lot. I also host our chess games (I'm pretty good). We also play a ton of games, but I'm not going to say which (no discussing other games on the forums!).

There are a lot of really, really cool people in the office, so it's a lot of fun. Oh, I go to the gym with some co-workers twice a week; that counts as fun.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Any plans on raising the 500 mafia limit for usable items?

Not that I'm aware of.

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Who would win in a fight: Bob Ross or Richard Simmons? Why?

Gaming Will
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
If you had to choose CC or MW? As a player and not a company man. Purely based on you interest as the games are very different.

Steve0
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
What about beta testers could i become one?

Ram
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
When was the last time you got laid? You sound like a nerd to me!

How does your laughing face look like?

Which member caused the most chaos and destruction to funzio reputation?

Xira
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Lol.... if you ban Ram I will go back on my gold boycot and start buying gold again... It is worth at least 500 every 2 weeks.

Gaming Will
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM

How does you're laughing face look like?

Dude? Don't ruin this?

Ram
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
guys he said any questions goes!

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Who would win in a fight: Bob Ross or Richard Simmons? Why?

Bob Ross, he has all those trees.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
If you had to choose CC or MW? As a player and not a company man. Purely based on you interest as the games are very different.

MW, I like casualties. I like the animations.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
What about beta testers could i become one?

It's invite only and I don't run the beta program.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM

How does you're laughing face look like?

1) Not going to answer that, kind of offensive. That's less of a question and more of an insult.
2) Ignoring the grammar on that, I have a lot of laughs. I'm fond of laughing like a villain.
3) I wouldn't say one member caused a lot of damage to our rep, really.

Ram
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
1) Not going to answer that, kind of offensive. That's less of a question and more of an insult.
2) Ignoring the grammar on that, I have a lot of laughs. I'm fond of laughing like a villain.
3) I wouldn't say one member caused a lot of damage to our rep, really.

Boooo

What kind of car you drive?

jlhy
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
There have been concerns brought up by some forum members about thug life goals and players purposely dropping down to 499 mafia members. Are there any plans or discussion on your end to solve the problem? There are times when my rivals list is 50% 499 mafia and below making it harder to complete the thug life goals.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Boooo

What kind of car you drive?

Dodge Neon.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
There have been concerns brought up by some forum members about thug life goals and players purposely dropping down to 499 mafia members. Are there any plans or discussion on your end to solve the problem? There are times when my rivals list is 50% 499 mafia and below making it harder to complete the thug life goals.

Not right now. We're focused on other things right now, but I'll talk to the team tomorrow and see if we can get some attention.

Ram
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Dodge Neon.

With all the money you guys make. I tought you would ride in a bmw or mercedes-benz!

Any new buildings or maps on the horizon?

I really want some new buildings.

Xira
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Dodge Neon.

Man I have not seen one of those on the road in ages! What year is it? Maybe they just break down in Canadian cold thus there are none left....

erik
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Any new RP weapons coming?

Any other new content you can tease us with?

Has any player contacted CS more than me from sleepy night gold clicks?

jlhy
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Not sure if your going to answer this one but I'll just try asking anyway. In reference to defense buildings and the defense they provide, is there a separate set of defense that the defense buildings provide towards attacks (not rob)?

The defense numbers listed in the fight screen and player profile are completely different. You've posted in the past that the player receives the full amount of the defense buildings defense against attacks (not robs) but that doesn't appear to be the case. Or is the full amount of the defense buildings defense just for level 1 of the defense building?

duelblade
03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Are you still answering questions?

xclusiv
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
will the m4a1 be brought back?
will there be any new respect items?
will there be more items to farm that are better than the shop?
will you give us another chance to get the emerald burner?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM
With all the money you guys make. I tought you would ride in a bmw or mercedes-benz!

Can't say.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Man I have not seen one of those on the road in ages! What year is it? Maybe they just break down in Canadian cold thus there are none left....

It's a 2006.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Any new RP weapons coming?

Any other new content you can tease us with?

Has any player contacted CS more than me from sleepy night gold clicks?

1) Can't say.
2) Can't say.
3) Yeah, but not by much.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Not sure if your going to answer this one but I'll just try asking anyway. In reference to defense buildings and the defense they provide, is there a separate set of defense that the defense buildings provide towards attacks (not rob)?

The defense numbers listed in the fight screen and player profile are completely different. You've posted in the past that the player receives the full amount of the defense buildings defense against attacks (not robs) but that doesn't appear to be the case. Or is the full amount of the defense buildings defense just for level 1 of the defense building?

Can't say.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Are you still answering questions?

Yes, but I'm going to sleep in 20 minutes. I'll keep this thread up until I get bored or it gets out of hand. I'll probably answer more at around 11:00am PST tomorrow.

TemplarX
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Dear Mark, your presence here has just extended my game play by a few days! There are still a few mysteries I never quite figured out, so hope u can shed some light :
(1) is badtz Maru a developer account? 2 months ago, she already had monster stats with everything economic buildings, defense etc fully upgraded. How is that possible?
(2) I came onto this forum 120 days ago for the purpose of requesting for more affordable, aesthetically pleasing decorations so that we can have a more vibrant and individualized community of hoods. No action has been taken. I am past caring about decorations since then, but I would like to know why such simple additions (or rebalancing) have not been taken.
(3) are pvp loot drops chance and loot drop items completely random? Or do they follow a definite algorithm?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
will the m4a1 be brought back?
will there be any new respect items?
will there be more items to farm that are better than the shop?
will you give us another chance to get the emerald burner?

1) Can't say (please stop asking about unreleased content)
2) Can't say
3) Can't say
4) Anything is possible.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Dear Mark, your presence here has just extended my game play by a few days! There are still a few mysteries I never quite figured out, so hope u can shed some light :
(1) is badtz Maru a developer account? 2 months ago, she already had monster stats with everything economic buildings, defense etc fully upgraded. How is that possible?
(2) I came onto this forum 120 days ago for the purpose of requesting for more affordable, aesthetically pleasing decorations so that we can have a more vibrant and individualized community of hoods. No action has been taken. I am past caring about decorations since then, but I would like to know why such simple additions (or rebalancing) have not been taken.
(3) are pvp loot drops chance and loot drop items completely random? Or do they follow a definite algorithm?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1) Won't say. If you feel someone might be cheating please don't call them out on the forums. Send a message to support.

2) I can't say 100% for sure, but I can say that we don't receive a lot of requests for decorations as opposed to bugfixes or "why can't I win against this guy I should totally be able to win against this guy make me win against him or I'll stop forever".

3) Everything that drops has a drop rate.

Gaming Will
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Is your name really Mark? Haha!

TemplarX
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
1) Won't say. If you feel someone might be cheating please don't call them out on the forums. Send a message to support.

2) I can't say 100% for sure, but I can say that we don't receive a lot of requests for decorations as opposed to bugfixes or "why can't I win against this guy I should totally be able to win against this guy make me win against him or I'll stop forever".

3) Everything that drops has a drop rate.
Is it a straight drop rate across all situations, or does the drop rate change depending on certain factors?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Is your name really Mark? Haha!

Nope. :cool:

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Is it a straight drop rate across all situations, or does the drop rate change depending on certain factors?

Good question. I'm actually not 100% sure. Not even sure if I can say. I'll have to get back to you.

Ram
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Come on marky mark! tease us with something good.

TemplarX
03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Good question. I'm actually not 100% sure. Not even sure if I can say. I'll have to get back to you.
Thanks for the frank reply. I will wait for your answer. My question also entails the drop items, whether these items, be it butterfly knives or vans, are they dependent on certain factors. Thanks!

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Come on marky mark! tease us with something good.

Well, that depends on your definition of "good". Lemme think, things I can say:

1) There's another event coming.
2) We're working on some fixes.

That's really it. See, a lot of things are "being worked on" or "in development". These things might never see the light of day, because for one reason or another they don't work out. If I said they were going to happen, and they didn't, I'd either be a liar or a disappointment. I'd rather just not say and wait until they come out.

dudeman
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Are there any benefits or advantages to being a beta tester? I've had an invitation sitting in my inbox for ages. Do beta tester invitations expire?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the frank reply. I will wait for your answer. My question also entails the drop items, whether these items, be it butterfly knives or vans, are they dependent on certain factors. Thanks!

PVE items drop at a static rate.

My only concern about PVP is whether robs and fights have different drop tables.

xclusiv
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
how many active players does crime city have?

what percentage of the forum makes up the total number of active players?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Are there any benefits or advantages to being a beta tester? I've had an invitation sitting in my inbox for ages. Do beta tester invitations expire?

Eh, sort of. You're on a beta version, which is generally more stable. Then again if there are any big bugs in the beta version you might be hosed. So, better game stability vs potential giant bugs.

Beta invites can expire, yes. They're basically subject to vetting. The person running the beta program comes to me and asks if someone can join, I check their post history and support history and make sure they aren't a total jerk.

dudeman
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
PVE items drop at a static rate.

My only concern about PVP is whether robs and fights have different drop tables.

Are we supposed to get loot dropping from robberies? I have yet to see that.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
how many active players does crime city have?

what percentage of the forum makes up the total number of active players?

1) Can't say.
2) A very small one. I want to say 3%, but I think it might be smaller.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Are we supposed to get loot dropping from robberies? I have yet to see that.

I'm pretty sure you are, but I've been wrong in the past. This is why I want to check tomorrow when I'm in the office and not about to go to bed.

dudeman
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Eh, sort of. You're on a beta version, which is generally more stable. Then again if there are any big bugs in the beta version you might be hosed. So, better game stability vs potential giant bugs.

Beta invites can expire, yes. They're basically subject to vetting. The person running the beta program comes to me and asks if someone can join, I check their post history and support history and make sure they aren't a total jerk.

1) So there are no direct benefits such as in game bonuses?
2) I guess my invitation has likely expired ;)

erik
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Dang, I love that you answered my last question and embarrassed that it may be true.

3 Suggestions:
A confirm button for gold spending? Those double pop ups on load are killers.

A time based newsfeed so one cannot spam themselves off, or a fail ridden attacker cant mess up a nice war.

Ability 2 upgrade 2 buildings at once... however, they must reside on either side of a chosen level. This would allow people to finish the nostalgic buildings they will never touch again because of the opportunity cost!

This was enjoyable, as was Lfizzles drop in.

dudeman
I'm pretty sure you are, but I've been wrong in the past. This is why I want to check tomorrow when I'm in the office and not about to go to bed.

Loot drop from robberies would make sense, but I can also understand why it would not. I just wondered because your post made it sound like we're supposed to, but I have never had loot drop on a robbery in almost 152 levels.

Crime City Mark
1) So there are no direct benefits such as in game bonuses?
2) I guess my invitation has likely expired ;)

Yup on both counts.

xclusiv
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
whats the highest total amount a single player has spent on this game?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Dang, I love that you answered my last question and embarrassed that it may be true.

3 Suggestions:
A confirm button for gold spending? Those double pop ups on load are killers.

A time based newsfeed so one cannot spam themselves off, or a fail ridden attacker cant mess up a nice war.

Ability 2 upgrade 2 buildings at once... however, they must reside on either side of a chosen level. This would allow people to finish the nostalgic buildings they will never touch again because of the opportunity cost!

This was enjoyable, as was Lfizzles drop in.

1) Hahaha, Yeah. Support discusses that a lot.

2) We're taking a hard look at some newsfeed fixes, as well as improvements to the block feature.

3) Anything can happen.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
whats the highest total amount a single player has spent on this game?

Can't say.

xclusiv
03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Can't say.

its just a figure, its not reviling anyones details or name. can u give a rough idea of what the highest amount someones has spent?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
its just a figure, its not reviling anyones details or name. can u give a rough idea of what the highest amount someones has spent?

No, I really can't. We keep financial information close to the vest.

G Wiz
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
What was one weapon that did not make it to the game?

Who comes up with 10th emerald event items?

What is the meaning of "the"?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
1) There was a 29mm rifle that didn't make it into the game because I put a veto on it.
2) The stats of an item are determined by one person in the office really. The concepts are made up by everyone.
3) Ask Bill Clinton.

Ram
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Am I a jerk?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Am I a jerk?

That's for the people who know you to decide. Or you, you could decide that. I'm not the person to ask.

emcee
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
1. Will you consider being able to sell unwanted items? The store would buy back at a reduced amount, say 50%.

2. Will you introduce something to prevent misclicks? Something added to settings menu which will prevent buildings being sold or gold being used accidentally. Maybe gold banking?

i need muney
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Do you think "Dancing Queen" is the best hit ABBA has ever had?

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
1. Will you consider being able to sell unwanted items? The store would buy back at a reduced amount, say 50%.

2. Will you introduce something to prevent misclicks? Something added to settings menu which will prevent buildings being sold or gold being used accidentally. Maybe gold banking?

We've considered and discussed both of those. Many times.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Do you think "Dancing Queen" is the best hit ABBA has ever had?

Funny story, I used to work with a guy who was friends with ABBA.

Ram
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
You guys are from the valley right? Are you a hockey fan? If yes who is your team? What type of music you listen to? Do you like pink floyd? Is comfortably numb a timeless classic? Are you a breaking bad or dexter fan?

reidos
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Ever had vegimite? Great stuff.

erik
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Vegimite is great ... if you need to interrogate someone.

Dravak
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM
thank you for the time mark got a couple question none M4A1

1 About PvP , huge changes has been implemented across different versions , when are we getting a universal version
That forces people to update , to 2.2 rules ?
Cause it is silly that some are not even on 2.02 but way before that .
2 MW casualties simply comes from explosive in CC , so if I want to play casualties in CC I can buy explosives.
Now when do we get some of the cool graphics military hardware from MW .
3 other games have daily things to do , this game doesn't that is why we play farming .
It is no fun to see your stats grow by 1 or 2 points when you spent 16 hours .
So are there any works for beter none gold items , that are atleast 20-20 + ?
4 why do the crates hold fabulous ghetto , 50 gold for a excelero stats ? People might feel cheated !
So that is simply a 1200 respec is around 50 gold conversion .

Thank you for answering

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
You guys are from the valley right? Are you a hockey fan? If yes who is your team? What type of music you listen to? Do you like pink floyd? Is comfortably numb a timeless classic? Are you a breaking bad or dexter fan?

1) I'm not from the valley, but I do work here now. I'm from central California.
2) No, I'm not. I don't like to watch sports. I used to play rugby, but I've never enjoyed watching.
3) I listen to a lot of different music. I'm a pretty big fan of Queen.
4) I don't watch TV.

Crime City Mark
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Ever had vegimite? Great stuff.

Nope. It's on my list to try though.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:01 AM
thank you for the time mark got a couple question none M4A1

1 About PvP , huge changes has been implemented across different versions , when are we getting a universal version
That forces people to update , to 2.2 rules ?
Cause it is silly that some are not even on 2.02 but way before that .
2 MW casualties simply comes from explosive in CC , so if I want to play casualties in CC I can buy explosives.
Now when do we get some of the cool graphics military hardware from MW .
3 other games have daily things to do , this game doesn't that is why we play farming .
It is no fun to see your stats grow by 1 or 2 points when you spent 16 hours .
So are there any works for beter none gold items , that are atleast 20-20 + ?
4 why do the crates hold fabulous ghetto , 50 gold for a excelero stats ? People might feel cheated !
So that is simply a 1200 respec is around 50 gold conversion .

Thank you for answering

1) Can't say. We've discussed a forced update in the past.
2) No idea, honestly.
3) Can't say.
4) Because there has to be some risk involved. At least we're not giving you some tissues or something.

mnju_03
03-21-2012, 12:03 AM
The only thing I have to say to you is, thank you.

Also this was so far a very insightful and interesting post to read.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
The only thing I have to say to you is, thank you.

Also this was so far a very insightful and interesting post to read.

You're welcome. This has been a lot of fun. So much fun that I'm 2 hours past when I should sleep! Okay, time for me to sack out.

mnju_03
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
You're welcome. This has been a lot of fun. So much fun that I'm 2 hours past when I should sleep! Okay, time for me to sack out.

2:06 Am here, I get up for work in 1.3 hours. Lol
Good night!

Walter
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Something to prevent misclicks, especially during events when a double click leads to me accidentally opting to open the lockbox for free, would be awesome.

My question: Are all the hoods in my rivals list real? Some of them either have suspicious amounts of gold spent or are waaay too pretty. Do devs create "test" hoods and then keep them live/rob-able?

Burn
03-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Briefly outline Funzios long term goals - you've recruited some big names from the industry, are you intending to dominate the social and mobile space?

How many employees when you started at Funzio, and how many now?

Current Funzio turnover?

Any plans to float the business on the stock exchange and should we buy shares ;) ?

And on a lighter note, do you secretly enjoy your cat and mouse relationsip with Madhatter?

xclusiv
03-21-2012, 01:27 AM
funzio new motto
Don't stop me now
I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time
Just give me a call

Bruiser
03-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Nope. It's on my list to try though.

I'll send some over if you introduce our forum weapons discussed and voted on a few weeks back. Sounds like a good trade to me. If you incorporate forum ideas, we feel part of the game and support you guys more then being left on the sideline.

jaywalker
03-21-2012, 02:19 AM
What was the thought behind making goals that generally ruins your economy ingame?
Could you, for everyones sake, change all building/upgrading goals to something more usefull?
Movie Theater and Loft are two obvious choices for ~95% of the forum. It would benefit both the weak (higher income) and people robbing them :)

Royal Flush
03-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time for this thread. Entertaining & you're handling yourself very diplomatically, especially with Ram!

One question, on MW the graphics appear to be of the same quality as CC yet it lags much more than CC, do you know why that is?

Burn, Funzio isn't a plc so they do not have to disclose their finances ... I would be very surprised if Mark came back with an answer on that. Same for any of their long term strategies as it could damage their 'edge' or whether to purchase shares if it does become a plc as that is construed as investment advice.

Ohaithere
03-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Do you play any other online games or are you fed up with the Internet by the time up get home? I know you will ot be able to say which ones but I am just curious.

You say you have card tournaments, do you or have you heard of s**t head? Great game to try if you don't know it.

Wo taught you to play chess and do you play much?

Thanksfor this thread I think it is a great idea

Bruiser
03-21-2012, 02:44 AM
You say you have card tournaments, do you or have you heard of s**t head? Great game to try if you don't know it.

Love that game, it can be a great drinking game to for the losers :)

i need muney
03-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Funny story, I used to work with a guy who was friends with ABBA.
Evasive -_ - Well I envy that guy with black envy :D

Shoes
03-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi CCMark, I have been playing cchd for some months now and there is one aspect that really annoys me. I play on an ipad1 and the game crashes constantly. Many of my rivals will wonder why I only rob a building once, simple, the game crashes before I get to collect the money or respect and yes it does remove stamina. I have done everything suggested on the forum, I have raised numerous mails to support and I have sent in numerous crash reports and still no one has found a solution. I realise ipad1 is a shrinking pool of users so I have asked support if the game is more stable on the ipad3, no response yet. Can you answer this question? Oh, and please seriously look into appointing an external user group to help you fine tune ideas before they get into the wild, as the DD/M4 situation has really changed the game for the worse..

Jill
03-21-2012, 03:27 AM

Im on the other side of the world from you, so as you sleep, I wake up, is there always someone working at the office 24/7? Just in case I needed to contact you

Santa
03-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Wow, this thread is awesome!

Mark,

1) Kinda stupid, but why did you ban Tramp Stamp? I'm guessing it was his "imbalanced" comments?
2) Will there any new maps, with new farmable items, introduced to the game?
3) You do understand that following map quests is almost nothing compared to farming right?
4) New PvP loot drops anytime soon?

Joeycool
03-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Did Lauren make you do this AMA Mark? :)

Holicaholic
03-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Hey Mark, if you're still answering questions then I have one. I'm going to try and not sound accusatory or spiteful in my question, but if it comes across that way then I do apologize.

Why did you put a stop to the good farmable items but not put a limit on the number of gold weapons or crates that can be purchased? It seems that in striving for balance it would make more sense to limit the number of "super-weapons" people can purchase as opposed to limiting the free ones that are less powerful. I do realize this is a question regarding M4's and DD's, and I hope you don't count that against me when deciding whether or not to answer it.

Lexxa
03-21-2012, 06:52 AM

I, on the other hand, would just like to be able to see any buildings! Since updating to Ver 2.2, a great Cloak of Invisibility has descended on my hood, my rivals' hoods, & all the map locations. (Makes playing the game kinda difficult.) Please say you guys haven't forgotten about this long ongoing problem and that fixing it is still somewhere on your "To Do" list.

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
This thread is an absolutely excellent read.

If a game account goes dormant, does the software hide the account from rivals or does a bot reset buildings and put the hood back into the rivals list for opponents to rob? If the latter, what is the period between building resets? And how long before an account is considered dormant?
All software developers and business analysts have "that" group of people or customers; the one's who ask for a lot, complain a lot, make bizarre and difficult requests, and are generally not that appreciative. Does the Funzio development team see the forums as "that" group?
Funzio has the best support of any app I have used; free or paid. There are mainly two support people who have helped me tremendously. I want them to know that their help and efforts are very appreciated. What is the best way to let them, but more importantly their bosses, know how well they are performing?
If Mark is not your real name, why use an alias? Also, why do the support people use aliases as well (e.g. "A" and "J")? Is that a Funzio request or a personal effort for anonymity?
Have you had to delete any forum posts or threads that you didn't want to delete, but had to because of forum rules? Like "haha. That was funny. [delete]"

Joeycool
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Ps... Pretty impressed you used to play Rugby Mark. Didnt think that was played much in the US! :)

What position did you play?

Joeycool
03-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Who is your favourite forum member?

Caleb
03-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Farming one item over and over didn't sound fun to me, so I didn't do it. Mostly I enjoyed PVP.

I'm curious how long you followed the story line by completing maps and following the suggested goals before you turned mainly to PvP. What's the highest map you completed? Also, what is the income per hour output of your hood? Thanks...

dudeman
03-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Has there, or will there, be an investigation into the glitched crate prices? Why or why not?

Was that "oversight" (seems like a huge oversight, especially as it concerns real money) done intentionally to create a group of players with stats so powerful that the only way to beat them is to buy gold?

Thinks
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Dear Mr. CC Mark,

I'm writing you this letter to inquire about something that has been on my mind for quite some time now.

Just using rough numbers here, but if you were to have joined the forums on Dec. 31st 2010, that would mean that you've been a part of these forums for 446 days, in which you've posted 2,053, averaging about 4.6 posts a day.

My question to you is this, good Sir. Is being a forum mod really that easy... or are you just so good at it that you make it look easy?

Please inform us of what the life of a forum moderator is like. While I know you can't speak to weight of the nerf bat, can you please tell me if the ban hammer gets heavy after holding it for such an extended time?

Very Truly Yours,

~Thinks

(PS: I, in no way, mean to offend.)

Max Power
03-21-2012, 09:20 AM
OK, quick question:

In Hockey, how come sometimes it's a penalty and sometimes it's not?

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Briefly outline Funzios long term goals - you've recruited some big names from the industry, are you intending to dominate the social and mobile space?

How many employees when you started at Funzio, and how many now?

Current Funzio turnover?

Any plans to float the business on the stock exchange and should we buy shares ;) ?

And on a lighter note, do you secretly enjoy your cat and mouse relationsip with Madhatter?

1) Make fun games that people enjoy.

2) Very few when I started, a lot more now.

3) Can't say.

4) Can't say.

5) Not really.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
What was the thought behind making goals that generally ruins your economy ingame?
Could you, for everyones sake, change all building/upgrading goals to something more usefull?
Movie Theater and Loft are two obvious choices for ~95% of the forum. It would benefit both the weak (higher income) and people robbing them :)

It's hyperbolic statements like that which hurt discourse on these forums. Constructing buildings that aren't maximized for your play-style does not "ruin" your economy. Construct the buildings, upgrade them, complete the goal, sell them. It's a cash sink for some people, but it's certainly not ruining anything.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:34 AM
One question, on MW the graphics appear to be of the same quality as CC yet it lags much more than CC, do you know why that is?

I wouldn't say it lags more. Stability is fairly similar between games, and we're still working on improvements.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Do you play any other online games or are you fed up with the Internet by the time up get home? I know you will ot be able to say which ones but I am just curious.

Wo taught you to play chess and do you play much?

Thanksfor this thread I think it is a great idea

1) I play maybe 4 hours of video games a week at this point, with maybe another 2 hours per week spent watching tv. So yeah, I play some online game. Just not much or often.

2) Yeah, we played it when I was in high-school.

3) I first learned how to play when I was 10 years old at a Willie Nelson concert. I generally play or practice every day.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi CCMark, I have been playing cchd for some months now and there is one aspect that really annoys me. I play on an ipad1 and the game crashes constantly. Many of my rivals will wonder why I only rob a building once, simple, the game crashes before I get to collect the money or respect and yes it does remove stamina. I have done everything suggested on the forum, I have raised numerous mails to support and I have sent in numerous crash reports and still no one has found a solution. I realise ipad1 is a shrinking pool of users so I have asked support if the game is more stable on the ipad3, no response yet. Can you answer this question? Oh, and please seriously look into appointing an external user group to help you fine tune ideas before they get into the wild, as the DD/M4 situation has really changed the game for the worse..

Please see my other comments about stability. This isn't a one-shot fix. We're not releasing fixes tailored to specific users; we're identifying problems and patching them up.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Im on the other side of the world from you, so as you sleep, I wake up, is there always someone working at the office 24/7? Just in case I needed to contact you

We have the vast majority of the day covered.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow, this thread is awesome!

Mark,

1) Kinda stupid, but why did you ban Tramp Stamp? I'm guessing it was his "imbalanced" comments?
2) Will there any new maps, with new farmable items, introduced to the game?
3) You do understand that following map quests is almost nothing compared to farming right?
4) New PvP loot drops anytime soon?

1) We don't discuss bans.
2) Anything is possible.
3) Hey, I enjoyed it.
4) Can't say.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Did Lauren make you do this AMA Mark? :)

Nope. Something I just randomly decided to do last night.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey Mark, if you're still answering questions then I have one. I'm going to try and not sound accusatory or spiteful in my question, but if it comes across that way then I do apologize.

Why did you put a stop to the good farmable items but not put a limit on the number of gold weapons or crates that can be purchased? It seems that in striving for balance it would make more sense to limit the number of "super-weapons" people can purchase as opposed to limiting the free ones that are less powerful. I do realize this is a question regarding M4's and DD's, and I hope you don't count that against me when deciding whether or not to answer it.

We removed an item that wasn't supposed to be in the game. This was not an attempt to stop farming. As for the bus, we moved it to the job it was supposed to drop from. There is an adjusted value for items based on their relative strength. That bus is worth about $20m, and should be dropping from a more difficult NPC.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
I, on the other hand, would just like to be able to see any buildings! Since updating to Ver 2.2, a great Cloak of Invisibility has descended on my hood, my rivals' hoods, & all the map locations. (Makes playing the game kinda difficult.) Please say you guys haven't forgotten about this long ongoing problem and that fixing it is still somewhere on your "To Do" list.

It's being looked at.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
This thread is an absolutely excellent read.

If a game account goes dormant, does the software hide the account from rivals or does a bot reset buildings and put the hood back into the rivals list for opponents to rob? If the latter, what is the period between building resets? And how long before an account is considered dormant?
All software developers and business analysts have "that" group of people or customers; the one's who ask for a lot, complain a lot, make bizarre and difficult requests, and are generally not that appreciative. Does the Funzio development team see the forums as "that" group?
Funzio has the best support of any app I have used; free or paid. There are mainly two support people who have helped me tremendously. I want them to know that their help and efforts are very appreciated. What is the best way to let them, but more importantly their bosses, know how well they are performing?
If Mark is not your real name, why use an alias? Also, why do the support people use aliases as well (e.g. "A" and "J")? Is that a Funzio request or a personal effort for anonymity?
Have you had to delete any forum posts or threads that you didn't want to delete, but had to because of forum rules? Like "haha. That was funny. [delete]"

1) Wow, complicated question. You can be attacked even if you stop playing. If you're all robbed out and don't have anything on hand you shouldn't show up in the rival list. So technically people who are dormant won't show up because they've probably been robbed out.

2) Nope.

3) Since I'm their boss, it's probably best to tell me.

4) Because we get harassed. In previous community and support jobs I've had we've experienced players hunting us down in our daily lives and bothering us (I'm talking threats, letters, "enticements", etc). The support team uses the first initial of their names as their alias. When I first started here I actually gave my real name and facebook account out, and by the end of the day I was getting threats on my linkedIn profile. Not fun. The alias Mark came from the developer account Mark Sheppard.

5) Yeah, any number of times.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Ps... Pretty impressed you used to play Rugby Mark. Didnt think that was played much in the US! :)

What position did you play?

This was back in 6th and 7th grade, and we rotated positions so you could experience everything. We didn't go to any competitions or anything, it was simply a school activity instead of dodgeball.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Who is your favourite forum member?

Don't have one.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm curious how long you followed the story line by completing maps and following the suggested goals before you turned mainly to PvP. What's the highest map you completed? Also, what is the income per hour output of your hood? Thanks...

I completed all of the maps up to about 4 months ago.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Has there, or will there, be an investigation into the glitched crate prices? Why or why not?

Was that "oversight" (seems like a huge oversight, especially as it concerns real money) done intentionally to create a group of players with stats so powerful that the only way to beat them is to buy gold?

1) Yes, there was an investigation.

2) Let's stop the conspiracy theories. This was simply a matter of someone releasing incorrect numbers into the game and then us going "oh no! Quick, fix that!" and then fixing it.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Dear Mr. CC Mark,

I'm writing you this letter to inquire about something that has been on my mind for quite some time now.

Just using rough numbers here, but if you were to have joined the forums on Dec. 31st 2010, that would mean that you've been a part of these forums for 446 days, in which you've posted 2,053, averaging about 4.6 posts a day.

My question to you is this, good Sir. Is being a forum mod really that easy... or are you just so good at it that you make it look easy?

Please inform us of what the life of a forum moderator is like. While I know you can't speak to weight of the nerf bat, can you please tell me if the ban hammer gets heavy after holding it for such an extended time?

Very Truly Yours,

~Thinks

(PS: I, in no way, mean to offend.)

Back in the day when we had only 1 forum I had a lot more time for the forums and made a ton of posts. Now I'm lucky if I see the forums every day. We have dedicated forum staff though (Boomer) who makes sure I see any issues cropping up.

The general life of a mod is reading every single thread and making judgement calls. Banning players never gets old.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
OK, quick question:

In Hockey, how come sometimes it's a penalty and sometimes it's not?

I have no idea. For a bay area resident I know nothing about hockey.

Ohaithere
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow good effort Mark, didn't expect everythingto be answered thanks for that. I'm sure in the future we cannot expect this luxury but it is helpful to see all these answers cheers

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
1) Wow, complicated question. You can be attacked even if you stop playing. If you're all robbed out and don't have anything on hand you shouldn't show up in the rival list. So technically people who are dormant won't show up because they've probably been robbed out.

To confirm, bots are not used to reset hood buildings, is that correct?
As I understand it, a person will show up in the rivals list if either a) there is at least one building to rob or b) they are openly carrying cash that can be attacked and taken, is that correct? If neither are true, the person does not show up, correct?
How are the upper and lower limits (brackets) to the rivals list defined? I don't need to know the details, but I would like to know if the software widens visibility until a certain minimum pool size is reached (e.g. 2,000 opponents), or if it's a fixed algorithm (show +/- 1 level and between -20% user's mafia size and +50% user's mafia size). Does an opponents' stats relative to your own factor into whether or not they show up in the rivals list?

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Who do you think is having more fun with this thread? Us or you?

jaywalker
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
What does it take to become Junior Member, Senior Member etc? How many ranks are there?

I'm guessing we are all having fun with it.

Twinkie
03-21-2012, 10:25 AM
This is a great thread, thanks for doing this "Mark" :). Gonna throw a few questions your way, some off topic, some on CC.

1. Do you drink, and if so, what's your favorite?
2. What's the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
3. I know you're from the West Coast, but if you have to support a team from the East, Red Sox or Yankees?

4. What's your favorite building in the game basing on looks/design?
5. Will you guys be adding a way for players to take cars out of their inventory and leave it on the streets of their hoods? I would love to take my Audis and Exeleros and scatter them around my hood :p
6. Was there another name besides Crime City that you guys were playing with during the early stages of the game?

Ram
03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Do you find twinkie pretty?

Holicaholic
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Well, here's one:

Where does the 20% go? When someone is robbed, the robber can get a max of 40% and you can collect 40% from a robbed building. So where does the other 20% go?

Burn
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
CCM said "There is an adjusted value for items based on their relative strength. That bus is worth about $20m, and should be dropping from a more difficult NPC."

That is probably the single best explanation I've seen for a particular change yet. Is this the real meaning of the 'balancing' that we have been hearing about?

Excellent thread btw, but a little too many 'Can't says', employee numbers for example, you should be proud of your growth, we are in a monster recession and any business that is bucking the trend has every right to be proud of their success. Crow a little ;)

i need muney
03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
;)

Rhino72
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Mark, I enjoy the game and don't mind spending some gold but I do enjoy getting some kind of bargain. Do you think CC will offer more random gold sales especially wrapped around event time?

Ram
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Mark, I enjoy the game and don't mind spending some gold but I do enjoy getting some kind of bargain. Do you think CC will offer more random gold sales especially wrapped around event time?

they have a gold sale each month.

Ramshutu
03-21-2012, 11:01 AM
1.) whenever you post in the forum, I read your message in the voice of George Clooney, wearing a tux. What celebrity do you most sound like in real life?

2.) What is the funniest comment made by a developer about a bug or issue raised with the game (that your at privilege to say)

3.) what is the funniest thing that has happened to you at work whilst working in Funzio.

4.) Who is better, Chuck Norris or Mr T; and would you tell either of them.

5.) what super hero can you most relate with when doing something moderaterly on the forums.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:15 AM
To confirm, bots are not used to reset hood buildings, is that correct?
As I understand it, a person will show up in the rivals list if either a) there is at least one building to rob or b) they are openly carrying cash that can be attacked and taken, is that correct? If neither are true, the person does not show up, correct?
How are the upper and lower limits (brackets) to the rivals list defined? I don't need to know the details, but I would like to know if the software widens visibility until a certain minimum pool size is reached (e.g. 2,000 opponents), or if it's a fixed algorithm (show +/- 1 level and between -20% user's mafia size and +50% user's mafia size). Does an opponents' stats relative to your own factor into whether or not they show up in the rivals list?

1) To my knowledge, yes.

2) If they've been robbed x number of times within y period of time they won't show up in the list. That's the other restriction.

3) Can't go into detail about that since it's being looked at and adjusted.

Dillinja
Hi Mark. Greetz from London.

1) Do you have a twitter account like Lauren? I do like her picture album, funny and good insight into her life in Cali
2) I play both MW and CC and post on both forums. I feel MW forum is definitely more cohesive and less testosterone filled. Would you consider having an 'Off-topic' forum as a lot of us do like to talk about topics other than just MW or CC (in MW forum posts do go off-topic and we do not have bans being handed out)?
3) Who will win the title this year? Man City or Man Utd. Be careful wrong answer and it could lead to an instant ban and a life of shame

Thanks

Crime City Mark

Probably you all, but I'm still having a good time.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=jaywalker;139608]What does it take to become Junior Member, Senior Member etc? How many ranks are there?[/
QUOTE]

It's the default set by the forum. I think it's Junior Member, Member, and Senior Member. Anything else is a custom title set by me.

Gaming Will
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
CCMark,
Any chance of getting something like a "booby trap" to place on one of your own buildings that would not allow ANY rival to rob it? It could have a one time use, and limited to a solo trap to be placed in your hood at a time? It would be something to laugh at in my "recent news".

Don Vito Corleone
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Just one question.

What are your views with regards to the Nuclear Threat in the Middle East? Specifically in respect to countries such as Israel already owning Nuclear Weapons and countries such as Iran about to be attacked because they are allegedly in the process of trying to acquire Nuclear Weapons?

Thank you in advance.

Crime City Mark
This is a great thread, thanks for doing this "Mark" :). Gonna throw a few questions your way, some off topic, some on CC.

1. Do you drink, and if so, what's your favorite?
2. What's the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
3. I know you're from the West Coast, but if you have to support a team from the East, Red Sox or Yankees?

4. What's your favorite building in the game basing on looks/design?
5. Will you guys be adding a way for players to take cars out of their inventory and leave it on the streets of their hoods? I would love to take my Audis and Exeleros and scatter them around my hood :p
6. Was there another name besides Crime City that you guys were playing with during the early stages of the game?

1) I do drink from time to time. I'm fond of the Old Fashioned.
2) Some caves in Santa Cruz, CA.
3) Sox, because I just flipped a coin.
4) Depends on the game. I like the Stadium a lot.
5) Anything is possible.
6) Yes, but I can't say.

Crime City Mark

Not going to answer that. Also not exactly appropriate.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:24 AM
That is probably the single best explanation I've seen for a particular change yet. Is this the real meaning of the 'balancing' that we have been hearing about?

Excellent thread btw, but a little too many 'Can't says', employee numbers for example, you should be proud of your growth, we are in a monster recession and any business that is bucking the trend has every right to be proud of their success. Crow a little ;)

1) Sometimes. Sometimes it's because we had old data that got pushed and we're moving it to the new data that was supposed to be pushed. Sometimes things just have unintended consequences and we have to adjust.

2) I'm sharing as much information as I feel comfortable.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:25 AM

I'm not the one who sets those, but we try to make sure they happen at decent intervals to make players happy and keep the economy stable.

Babytway
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
is wall safe event coming to HD version or is it done and over with? if this has been asked just lemme know and i will go find it i didn't read through all pages.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
1.) whenever you post in the forum, I read your message in the voice of George Clooney, wearing a tux. What celebrity do you most sound like in real life?

2.) What is the funniest comment made by a developer about a bug or issue raised with the game (that your at privilege to say)

3.) what is the funniest thing that has happened to you at work whilst working in Funzio.

4.) Who is better, Chuck Norris or Mr T; and would you tell either of them.

5.) what super hero can you most relate with when doing something moderaterly on the forums.

1) No idea. I don't follow celebrities.
2) I can't think of a specific example, honestly. We crack a lot of jokes, but we're pretty serious when it comes to issues.
3) Company parties are usually pretty funny. Seeing people when they're tipsy is a lot of fun.
4) Mr. T, just because I'm tired of the Chuck Norris jokes.
5) Oh, geez. Maybe Tom Noir? Kudos to anyone who didn't have to look that up.

Vile Lynn
03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Cool of you to do this, Mark :)

Just curious... What kind of car do you drive? Or do you bike? NM then.
And, where did you go to college?

Holicaholic
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I got blanked! :(

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:37 AM
is wall safe event coming to HD version or is it done and over with? if this has been asked just lemme know and i will go find it i didn't read through all pages.

It should have been on both versions (Universal and HD).

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
CCMark,
Any chance of getting something like a "booby trap" to place on one of your own buildings that would not allow ANY rival to rob it? It could have a one time use, and limited to a solo trap to be placed in your hood at a time? It would be something to laugh at in my "recent news".

Anything is possible.

G Wiz
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Mark, can you make it so 1000 posts makes my name yellow instead of white?

Or what about user ratings? can those be unlocked? Get a lot of advice requests and I think this would help players who really want to seek good info!

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi Mark. Greetz from London.

1) Do you have a twitter account like Lauren? I do like her picture album, funny and good insight into her life in Cali
2) I play both MW and CC and post on both forums. I feel MW forum is definitely more cohesive and less testosterone filled. Would you consider having an 'Off-topic' forum as a lot of us do like to talk about topics other than just MW or CC (in MW forum posts do go off-topic and we do not have bans being handed out)?
3) Who will win the title this year? Man City or Man Utd. Be careful wrong answer and it could lead to an instant ban and a life of shame

Thanks

1) I closed my twitter account months ago. I have a Facebook account, but it's personal.
2) It's possible.
3) I'm going to have to go with my trusty coin flip and say Man Utd.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Mark, can you make it so 1000 posts makes my name yellow instead of white?

Or what about user ratings? can those be unlocked? Get a lot of advice requests and I think this would help players who really want to seek good info!

I can, but I won't. We want these to attract attention to staff.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Cool of you to do this, Mark :)

Just curious... What kind of car do you drive? Or do you bike?
And, where did you go to college?

1) Answered already.
2) Culinary school...

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Just one question.

What are your views with regards to the Nuclear Threat in the Middle East? Specifically in respect to countries such as Israel already owning Nuclear Weapons and countries such as Iran about to be attacked because they are allegedly in the process of trying to acquire Nuclear Weapons?

Thank you in advance.

That is better left to people with greater cultural acumen.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, here's one:

Where does the 20% go? When someone is robbed, the robber can get a max of 40% and you can collect 40% from a robbed building. So where does the other 20% go?

It just goes away. Consider it a PVP tax.

sez
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey Mark,

Just wanted to says whats up, I got nothing really.....

Stitch
03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey there, Mark, I see Funzio is looking for some Ios Devs.

1) Would having hours (and gold) spent on CC give me a leg up on competetion?
2) Could I use you as a reference?
3) Would being an avid poker and table tennis player seal the deal? (and I can do chess too)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Babytway
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
what about leaderboards are they ever goin to be on CC anywhere?

sez
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
1) Answered already.
2) Culinary school...

I actually obtained my CIA Pro Chef level1 certification, I eneded up switiching and getting my degree in CIS so i could sit around on my arse from 10:00'ish to 5:00'ish with weekends off. To many straight nights having to work being a chef but good luck!.

Caleb
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Great idea for a thread CC Mark - I'm enjoying the peek behind the curtain!

Do the developers have access to the combined stats for all players so that they can see the real in-game impact of a particular weapon at different game levels, i.e. can they readily see if PvP loot does or does not improve the stats for players at various levels and whether there is equipment for sale that can improve players stats?

Don Vito Corleone
03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Very diplomatic answer. ;-)

Pekersss
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
CCMark- thank you for doing this! Easy question- cats or dogs?

Gaming Will
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Now that was funny!

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey there, Mark, I see Funzio is looking for some Ios Devs.

1) Would having hours (and gold) spent on CC give me a leg up on competetion?
2) Could I use you as a reference?
3) Would being an avid poker and table tennis player seal the deal? (and I can do chess too)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Can't say.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
what about leaderboards are they ever goin to be on CC anywhere?

Anything is possible.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Great idea for a thread CC Mark - I'm enjoying the peek behind the curtain!

Do the developers have access to the combined stats for all players so that they can see the real in-game impact of a particular weapon at different game levels, i.e. can they readily see if PvP loot does or does not improve the stats for players at various levels and whether there is equipment for sale that can improve players stats?

We have very detailed access to all information about the game. It just depends on what we're looking at.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
CCMark- thank you for doing this! Easy question- cats or dogs?

Both. I have a cat and I used to have a dog. I'm thinking about getting an akita.

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Will you change the title under my name to something other than "Senior Member?" What if I told you that you could change it to anything you like? It won't attract any unnecessary attention away from the Mods/Devs and their red titles, but would be a nice change. Thank you in advance.

Holicaholic
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Can we request an in-game name change? I would rather have my forum name be my in-game name I think....

Ohaithere
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Hollic I agree I set my name to Alex before I knew that was a default name change, however then people would change their names to avoid getting targeted for having poor collection times. What I think would be a better idea would be to pay say 100 gold to change your name? A bit like the good fella works, I think quite a few people would change their name.

Could you see that happening Mark? Maybe another anything is possible ^^

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Will you change the title under my name to something other than "Senior Member?" What if I told you that you could change it to anything you like? It won't attract any unnecessary attention away from the Mods/Devs and their red titles, but would be a nice change. Thank you in advance.

Nope, but things might change.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Can we request an in-game name change? I would rather have my forum name be my in-game name I think....

Send an e-mail to support and they can handle that for you.

Max Power
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Between the "Can't say" and the "Anything is possible", I am getting flashbacks to the Magic 8 Ball.

How much longer till we get an "Ask me later"?

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
When tickets roll in, do you try to guess if the originator is a forum member or not? Or do you even monitor incoming tickets?

Bruiser
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I'll consider your no response Mark to an oversight due to the amount of posts on this topic. I'll ask again, did you read the forums new weapons thread and could any be implemented into the game? The poll was conducted and some great weapons ideas came up. I feel implementing this would create a sense of belonging for Forum members if they saw this weapon in the game, and I guarantee a lot of people would purchase them for gold even if it was just the limited sale etc

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 01:24 PM
When tickets roll in, do you try to guess if the originator is a forum member or not? Or do you even monitor incoming tickets?

I've just spent the last hour working on various dashboards for incoming tickets. I can generally tell if someone is a forum member or not.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll consider your no response Mark to an oversight due to the amount of posts on this topic. I'll ask again, did you read the forums new weapons thread and could any be implemented into the game? The poll was conducted and some great weapons ideas came up. I feel implementing this would create a sense of belonging for Forum members if they saw this weapon in the game, and I guarantee a lot of people would purchase them for gold even if it was just the limited sale etc

I've seen it but I can't say anything in regards to implementation.

Ramshutu
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
What bug tracking/issue tracking tool do you guys use?

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I've just spent the last hour working on various dashboards for incoming tickets. I can generally tell if someone is a forum member or not.
In that case, have you seen my tickets roll in and recognized me as the originator? I think I've entered about six. Just curious because I make an effort to keep my game profile and forum profile separate.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
What bug tracking/issue tracking tool do you guys use?

Can't say, but it's a popular internal bug tracking tool.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
In that case, have you seen my tickets roll in and recognized me as the originator? I think I've entered about six. Just curious because I make an effort to keep my game profile and forum profile separate.

That would be telling, and I don't want to create a whole thread of "Did you know this ticket was from me?" requests.

Bruiser
03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
You mention the stadium as being one of the most appealing buildings. As they are already incorporated into the game why can't the be incorporated as a money building?

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
MW, I like casualties. I like the animations.

LOL!

Any plans regarding casualty rates in MW?

Joeycool
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm going to have to go with my trusty coin flip and say Man Utd.

This is the correct answer. Well done Mark! :)

Santa
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
This is a great read.

1) When will CC be coming to Android?
2) Do you know how to bypass a security password on a droid incredible? My friend was goofing off and locked down the wifi. (my phone doesn't have 3G service).
3) What books would you recommend? I'm 13 but I read mostly young adult.
4) Are new buildings, whether defensive or money, a priority?
5) Are new decorations a priority?

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 02:36 PM
You mention the stadium as being one of the most appealing buildings. As they are already incorporated into the game why can't the be incorporated as a money building?

It's a CCFB building.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 02:36 PM
LOL!

Any plans regarding casualty rates in MW?

Yes. Can't say what they are though.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
This is a great read.

1) When will CC be coming to Android?
2) Do you know how to bypass a security password on a droid incredible? My friend was goofing off and locked down the wifi. (my phone doesn't have 3G service).
3) What books would you recommend? I'm 13 but I read mostly young adult.
4) Are new buildings, whether defensive or money, a priority?
5) Are new decorations a priority?

1) It kind of already is.
2) No idea.
3) If you like YA, try Sapphique(sp?). I'm more a fan of William Gibson's work, but it's not 13-year-old friendly.
4) Can't say.
5) Can't say.

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I agree, this is a great read. It is one of the best threads I have seen on the forums and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I have a renewed sense of hope for the future of this game. Since all of my CC related questions have already been answered I have some unrelated questions for you:

1. Is your Neon standard or automatic?
2. What is your favorite car, if you have one?
3. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?

Ram
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
It's a CCFB building.

What is a CCFB building?

Crime City Federal Bureau?

Burn
03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Between the "Can't say" and the "Anything is possible", I am getting flashbacks to the Magic 8 Ball.

How much longer till we get an "Ask me later"?

Made me chuckle

mnju_03
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Still going strong I see. That's cool! :)

Burn
03-21-2012, 03:07 PM
One final question if I may?

Do other Funzio departments comb these threads for ideas and input, or do they rely on you and your team to aggregate that information and pass on what you think is relevant?

Crime City Mark
I agree, this is a great read. It is one of the best threads I have seen on the forums and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I have a renewed sense of hope for the future of this game. Since all of my CC related questions have already been answered I have some unrelated questions for you:

1. Is your Neon standard or automatic?
2. What is your favorite car, if you have one?
3. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?

1) Automatic. I grew up with manual, but this one isn't.
2) Don't have one. I'm keen on sports cars, but I balance that with understanding there's no reason for them.
3) I read, cook, teach myself new skills, work out, play games, and hang out with my friends.
4) SF, I'm not a fan of commuting.

Crime City Mark
What is a CCFB building?

Crime City Federal Bureau?

Crime City FaceBook.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
One final question if I may?

Do other Funzio departments comb these threads for ideas and input, or do they rely on you and your team to aggregate that information and pass on what you think is relevant?

I was having a discussion with our Executive Producer about this thread today. He reads the forums very regularly. Our engineers are also fond of checking out the forums, and even our Chief Officers look at it from time to time.

A lot of man-hours go into checking out the forums.

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I have another question for you. Well, I guess it's more of a suggestion considering I'm anticipating a response of, "Anything is possible." But, I will ask anyways:

Has there been any discussion regarding an implementation to allow players to re distribute their skill points?

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I have another question for you. Well, I guess it's more of a suggestion considering I'm anticipating a response of, "Anything is possible." But, I will ask anyways:

Has there been any discussion regarding an implementation to allow players to re distribute their skill points?

There has been discussion, yes.

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I was having a discussion with our Executive Producer about this thread today.
What is his opinion of this thread? Does he feel it is achieving anything?

If the engineers check these forums, could you direct them to my Mafia Size and The Bracketing Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis) thread for a small response please? While I love that there are mysteries in the game, I feel there is a serious lack of information and real strategy regarding how to position oneself against opponents. That thread is an attempt to provide some sliver of strategy in that area, but I fear my logic into how brackets are determined is completely off base. I know you can't and won't disclose the details, but would you or a Funzio team member be willing to respond to that thread with simple one-liner? Something like "nope, not even close," "kind of, but the math is off," or "on the right track, but the tuning is constantly changing so it's unlikely you will be able to create a rule."

Gaming Will
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
CCMark,
1. Have you analyzed the data that was put together in the "Best of the Best Guides"?
2. Specifically the job rewards spreadsheet?
3. If so, are they fairly close to the actual %'s?
4. Do the programmers change code based on the forum's hard work (not talking about glitches or imbalances)?

jaywalker
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Got any good bakeries to reccomend in SF or LA? I'm in to the business in Norway, but don't really know too much about the states.. Going over the pond in a few months. Organic and/ or sourdough would be of preference.

What exactly does the VIP status do? Never seen anyone on the VIP list...

Have you discussed adding an optional button for "add mafia" on profiles? Optional might not be the correct word, but I don't know what other word to use :)

Some building can, usually, be robbed three times (laundromat, credit agency, house, chinese restaurant). Is this as intended? Normally I go for the best rp/xp so I don't really care for the cash. I do go for high level houses, so that can be annoying when you get 1$ :p

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Here's a two part question:

1. Does Funzio ever plan on disclosing information based on the algorithms used to calculate winning and losing fights/robberies?

2. If no, why? Many other games tell players the internal calculation to allow themto formulate strategies. Right now the best strategie that you can come up with is increase your attack and defense as much as possible and hope you can't be attacked or robbed.

jobadass
03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL I've always wondered the same thing. Your answer isn't what I was looking for, but it was perfect.
Freaking taxes

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM

1. Does Funzio ever plan on disclosing information based on the algorithms used to calculate winning and losing fights/robberies?

2. If no, why? Many other games tell players the internal calculation to allow themto formulate strategies. Right now the best strategie that you can come up with is increase your attack and defense as much as possible and hope you can't be attacked or robbed.
I agree with #2. I would think that publishing this would actually increase gold purchases because people could quantify their attack and defense, have an "oh ****, I'm going to lose" moment, and buy gold items to compensate defense/attack. Do you agree?

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
What is his opinion of this thread? Does he feel it is achieving anything?

If the engineers check these forums, could you direct them to my Mafia Size and The Bracketing Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis) thread for a small response please? While I love that there are mysteries in the game, I feel there is a serious lack of information and real strategy regarding how to position oneself against opponents. That thread is an attempt to provide some sliver of strategy in that area, but I fear my logic into how brackets are determined is completely off base. I know you can't and won't disclose the details, but would you or a Funzio team member be willing to respond to that thread with simple one-liner? Something like "nope, not even close," "kind of, but the math is off," or "on the right track, but the tuning is constantly changing so it's unlikely you will be able to create a rule."

1) He likes the thread.

2) I'll see what I can do.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:54 PM
CCMark,
1. Have you analyzed the data that was put together in the "Best of the Best Guides"?
2. Specifically the job rewards spreadsheet?
3. If so, are they fairly close to the actual %'s?
4. Do the programmers change code based on the forum's hard work (not talking about glitches or imbalances)?

1) Yep.
2) Yep.
3) Can't say.
4) That's a tough one to answer. Going to have to pass.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Got any good bakeries to reccomend in SF or LA? I'm in to the business in Norway, but don't really know too much about the states.. Going over the pond in a few months. Organic and/ or sourdough would be of preference.

What exactly does the VIP status do? Never seen anyone on the VIP list...

Have you discussed adding an optional button for "add mafia" on profiles? Optional might not be the correct word, but I don't know what other word to use :)

Some building can, usually, be robbed three times (laundromat, credit agency, house, chinese restaurant). Is this as intended? Normally I go for the best rp/xp so I don't really care for the cash. I do go for high level houses, so that can be annoying when you get 1$ :p

1) I bake my own bread, but I hear Boudin is nice.
2) It puts you on a list to get more mafia / alliance members by letting people invite you directly.
3) Not in depth, no.
4) I'm not sure what you're asking.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM

1) Anything could happen. I can't really speak as to our forward plans.

G Wiz
03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Mark,

1) Have you heard about the bird?

2) whos account is being used as examples under the "help" section of CC?

3) whos idea was it to put an easter egg inside CC?

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
CC Mark(: Finally got to page 22 and am ready for my questions, hope your still enjoying this thread! :D

1 = Would it be okay for you to post your stats and assets for us all to see? (Not your code) We're just curious on how your hood and PvP has been coming along!(:

2 = You mentioned that CC is available for Android now? (by answering someone's question) Can't find it. Is this true or "in progress"?

3 = Though I know you would reply to this question with a "Can't say." Can i get your OPINION?- on new buildings coming up? (In other words, do you feel it is time for new buildings? Like how MW have the 30min collection building)

4 = (Without revealing any personal info) could you tell us how you stumbled upon this job?

5 = Is it possible for you to reset our game to ground zero? (With or without our unused purchased gold?) Just curious b/c that would be great for me since I only have a phone.

6 = I DID have to look up Tom Noir. From the images I've seen, can I assume you smoke while browsing on the computer? haha.

7 = Did you recognize my member name when starting to read these questions? Or am I still pretty new?(: haha

Thank you for reviving CC forum, many kudos to you!!!

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Mark,

1) Have you heard about the bird?

2) whos account is being used as examples under the "help" section of CC?

1) Yes.
2) A test account.
3) Our lead engineer.

Crime City Mark
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
CC Mark(: Finally got to page 22 and am ready for my questions, hope your still enjoying this thread! :D

1 = Would it be okay for you to post your stats and assets for us all to see? (Not your code) We're just curious on how your hood and PvP has been coming along!(:

2 = You mentioned that CC is available for Android now? (by answering someone's question) Can't find it. Is this true or "in progress"?

3 = Though I know you would reply to this question with a "Can't say." Can i get your OPINION?- on new buildings coming up? (In other words, do you feel it is time for new buildings? Like how MW have the 30min collection building)

4 = (Without revealing any personal info) could you tell us how you stumbled upon this job?

5 = Is it possible for you to reset our game to ground zero? (With or without our unused purchased gold?) Just curious b/c that would be great for me since I only have a phone.

6 = I DID have to look up Tom Noir. From the images I've seen, can I assume you smoke while browsing on the computer? haha.

7 = Did you recognize my member name when starting to read these questions? Or am I still pretty new?(: haha

Thank you for reviving CC forum, many kudos to you!!!

1) My hood is full of cheat these days (I've mentioned that a few times). My stats don't really reflect fair gameplay any more.
2) It's mostly true. There are limitations.
3) I think new content is a good thing, as long as it's stable.
4) I was scouted.
5) It's possible, but we don't really offer it as an option.
6) It's more of an attitude thing. I don't smoke.
7) Pass

Ram
03-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Do you have a girlfriend?

Joeycool
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Do you have a girlfriend?

I dont think you would be Marks type Ram. ;)

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
5) It's possible, but we don't really offer it as an option.
6) It's more of an attitude thing. I don't smoke.
7) Pass

2 = So how can my friend download it. is that an option for her?
5 = I would like to PM on this. It is something I would really like to do.
6 = CONGRATZ! never have I picked up a joint/cig. Never will I either. (Same goes for drinking too)
7 = Pass? No answer? I don't mind you saying I'm a nobody on this forum still lol.

Ram
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM

JJ is more his type :o

Caleb
03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Hope this is within bounds, as it is meant as an honest question...

Do developers have as a goal to provide elements of the game that can make it possible for non-gold buyers to be somewhat competitive into high levels of Crime City (through mining of Respect, or building economy to purchase equipment, etc), or is it assumed that only gold buyers should be competitive beyond a certain level?

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Hope this is within bounds, as it is meant as an honest question...

Do developers have as a goal to provide elements of the game that can make it possible for non-gold buyers to be somewhat competitive into high levels of Crime City (through mining of Respect, or building economy to purchase equipment, etc), or is it assumed that only gold buyers should be competitive beyond a certain level?

Good question. I'm eager to see Mark's response. Hopefully it extends beyond a no comment.

duelblade
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
First off loving the thread

1. is there any thought or idea of possibly "balancing" gold buildings? since beginning gold buildings (cash buildings as well for that matter) barely compare to higher gold buildings that cost much less.

2. What is the chance that a buff to cash equipment could be buffed to help us who didn't realize how amazing rp equipment was in this game?

3.do you think that eventually there will be option to restart the game at level one? with/without your gold?

4. I absolutely love the new building you updated last time, What about adding more buildings to the game? also do you think in the future you will add buildings that do more then just bring in profit or add defense bonuses? Like for example coffee shops for energy and adding maybe a couple rp buildings?

5. Now that I started my first job I have a little to spend on your game is there anything you could say that would make me feel confident in investing into your game any further? Im sure im not the only one who is still questioning putting any more money into the game after these last couple changes to the game.

I look forward to your response

jobadass
03-21-2012, 05:27 PM
1:We all (those that are on forum) know that defense buildings don't perform like what we originally thought they would. You probably "can't say", but how about they are 100% efficient when someone attacks you (in your hood) and 0% when you attack someone (in their hood)?

2:Heads or tails?

jobadass
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM

LOL. Ram no care

AppleMacGuy
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM

What Easter Egg...spill the beans then, I wanna see it! :D

Santa
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
@duelblade

I'm guessing gold buildings are meant to be overpowered compared to regular buildings. If they were balanced, who would buy gold? Sometimes, money comes before fun. Sometimes, fun comes before money.

fuzzy
03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I do not post much but I read the forums as much I play the game. This was and is an awesome thread that the big guy started. Nice to see something positive over the last 2 days compared to what was.

duelblade
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
@duelblade

I'm guessing gold buildings are meant to be overpowered compared to regular buildings. If they were balanced, who would buy gold? Sometimes, money comes before fun. Sometimes, fun comes before money.

im talking about gold vs gold buildings the techno club vs the modern art museum.

Santa
03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
im talking about gold vs gold buildings the techno club vs the modern art museum.

Oh, I apologize. I assumed by the first sentence or so that you were comparing gold buildings to non gold buildings. My badddd!

Gaming Will
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
What Easter Egg...spill the beans then, I wanna see it! :D

Thanks for asking this, I wanted to ask but didn't want to look like I was the only who didn't know!

Santa
03-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey Mark,

Autobots or Decepticons?

Walter
03-21-2012, 06:47 PM

Ice Cream Sandwich?

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Another thing that I know will get a no comment from Mark but has been bothering me forever is the effect of skill points on the game. Players need to know the effects of adding points into attack and defense. We need to quantify the skill points to know if it’s worth investing in attack and defense or if we should be spending it on stamina and energy. Let me try to phrase the question in a manner that will allow a little bit of insight from Mark:

Mark, has this issue ever been brought up by your team and discussed at length?

jobadass
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Another thing that I know will get a no comment from Mark but has been bothering me forever is the effect of skill points on the game. Players need to know the effects of adding points into attack and defense. We need to quantify the skill points to know if it’s worth investing in attack and defense or if we should be spending it on stamina and energy. Let me try to phrase the question in a manner that will allow a little bit of insight from Mark:

Mark, has this issue ever been brought up by your team and discussed at length?
IMO spend almost all skill points on stamina. As long as thug life exists; you'll need it

kinghansen
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
IMO spend almost all skill points on stamina. As long as thug life exists; you'll need it

I'm not doing thug life but I have a different strategy that involves stamina. All I want is something that says each skill point in attack/defense increase your stats by X so I can make an educated decision on where to spend my points and not have to guess and hope for the best.