PDA

View Full Version : General Rules for Defense?

Colonelbob
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry for those that have read this re-post, I asked this question near the end of another thread, but it either got lost in the mix or no one had an answer . . . so

Is there any sort of general rule for how much defence you should have by level? I know it is different for all players, especially gold/free but is there a formula or best practise to keep? As in, by level 5 you should have 500 defence, but level 10, 2000 defence etc.?

When I look at my rival list (level 29) the attack/defence scores are all over the play ranging from 400 to one player I saw with 5500. What should I be aiming for before moving up a level?

I also notice that I have been getting attacked a lot lately (although I am winning most, so that's great), but I haven't figured out how to "visit" the attackers base without actually attacking them. I know how to do the raid thing when they appear in my rival list, but none of the people who attack me (that appear in my news feed) ever appear in my rival list. I have refreshed the list over and over until I see the same names over and over, but never those that attack me. Any hints would be welcome and appreciated.

commandNconquer
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
there is no such rules but personally i like my density at 20 + to get rid of nearly all the non gold players at mid level but i bet at higher level it isn't the same. as of your level i would aim a 15 density but that my opinion

density : your defense/(your allies X 4)

Thunder Child
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
The more the better!?

Colonelbob
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
@commandNconquer just to clarify for my understanding . . .

I have 4000 defence, at level 29, with max allies I get 145. So 4000 / 145*4 or 580 = 6.9. So my "density" is only 6.9?

In order to get up to your suggested 20+ density, I would need a defense of approximately 12,000. Do I understand you correctly?

Mudphud
03-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes, you understand him properly. At lower levels, your density can be much lower (~10) and you generally won't be bothered. However, as you approach level 60+, you should really have a density of at least 15-20.

Colonelbob
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Crap, guess I'm camping here for a while. Thanks for the input folks.

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
My "Density" is only 3.5 @ lvl 2... BUT i only have 10 units lol. Defense is 434

vball
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Until a few levels ago, have not met anyone with a greater overall defense than myself. That changed though as my level and ally count increased. I suspect it will continue to change over time as well.

In my thinking, the higher the defense, the better off you are. My density is 29 and although I lose from time to time, it is very rare. On scanning the rivals list, I would say 95% are weaker, but there are some that are still stronger. Maybe it is out of respect or just do not want to risk more of our units, but at this point, there are enough weaker players for me to attack rather than going after someone who has a defense close to my attack.

The analogy is if a bear is chasing a few of us, I do not need to outrun the bear, just the slowest player.

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 09:42 AM
My "Density" is only 3.5 @ lvl 2... BUT i only have 10 units lol. Defense is 434

It appears to me your density is 43.4.

stricker
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM

Dreno, your density is the mean avg. of your def. score divided by your total units available.
...at level 2, you have a potential total of 40 units, which you would normally use your divisible.
ex: 434/40 = 10.85 density

BUT, even though you are fully allied for your level, you only have a total of 10 units. that's where Johnny got the density number for you. 434/10 = 43.4 density

your density includes your defense bldg pnts and boost numbers too, so it is not a perfect formula of units only.

hope that helps...

Dreno33
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Dreno, your density is the mean avg. of your def. score divided by your total units available.
...at level 2, you have a potential total of 40 units, which you would normally use your divisible.
ex: 434/40 = 10.85 density

BUT, even though you are fully allied for your level, you only have a total of 10 units. that's where Johnny got the density number for you. 434/10 = 43.4 density

your density includes your defense bldg pnts and boost numbers too, so it is not a perfect formula of units only.

hope that helps...

my defense is now 595 with 12 units. so just divide that as 595/12 = 49.58. interesting.... thats pretty good then :D

stricker
03-21-2012, 12:21 PM

my defense is now 595 with 12 units. so just divide that as 595/12 = 49.58. interesting.... thats pretty good then :D
yeap... that's great! but you could still lose to someone w/a lower attack density than your defense density...
ex:
*level 2 fully allied rival's attack density: 40 units @ ~density of 20 = 800 attack points
VS
*your level 2 def density: 12 units @ ~density of 49.58333333.......= 595 def points
....you could lose

(...we're still neglecting to considering other variables here that are not completely known, such as, skill points... you must learn to recognize patterns and recon rivals overall picture to look for psychological patterns of how they develop their base, what upgrade levels do they have on their def bldgs, do their stats reveal favoritism toward pve missions or pvp att/raids, etc.)

col.bob, hope this helps you also.

Colonelbob
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah it is lots of help, thanks everyone. Crazy to think how much defense I need. I guess I just gotta upgrade the buildings to get to the higher level units.

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Colonel Bob, if you're not on anyone's newsfeed I'd suggest lowering your ally count to the level where you feel u can compete. This way you're not in danger, and you can do pvp without having to be surrounded by stone wall defense. PVP is an essential part of the game, take advantage of those valor missions and stock up until you are able to spend them on the last unit of your type. Super Hornets are easy to acquire, takes fewest upgrades to buildings I think. The highest stat ground unit is good for upping your defense score. Medium valor units are great as well, I loved combat boats most in early levels, they don't seem to die fast either. Also, Medics. Buy them. They do not go into battle because of their zero attack score, so they will not die unless you are attacked, but their defensive stats add up nicely.

Colonelbob
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks JohnnyR. I am not actually losing battles, I get attacked all the time but I am winning. That's why I was so surprised at how much defense the higher ups are suggesting. I guess I will just work on my upgrades for a while. I was at max defensive power (based on the units I could buy), so I have started my upgrade path on the unit buildings now instead of just the money. Its a hard game for me, cause I am a lover of completing "tasks" in these types of games. I want to just do mission, mission, mission, but now that I have read the forums, it just looks like that will get me into trouble eventually. LOL

War Priest
03-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks JohnnyR. I am not actually losing battles, I get attacked all the time but I am winning. That's why I was so surprised at how much defense the higher ups are suggesting. I guess I will just work on my upgrades for a while. I was at max defensive power (based on the units I could buy), so I have started my upgrade path on the unit buildings now instead of just the money. Its a hard game for me, cause I am a lover of completing "tasks" in these types of games. I want to just do mission, mission, mission, but now that I have read the forums, it just looks like that will get me into trouble eventually. LOL

Keep up the good work. :)

Colonelbob
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks War Priest. This game has become my new addiction LOL. Although these forums are certainly a good distraction as well. Helpful people, enjoying a game. Awesome!