PDA

View Full Version : 6-month anniversary

whocareswhatmynameis
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
today marks the six month anniversary for when i downloaded crime city app… that's one hundred eighty days to be exact. little did i know that i would still be playing this game this long! i was hooked from the moment i launched the app. one of the first things i did was google 'crime city forum' that led me to this place. i was lucky to find this forum at an early stage before i had an opportunity to mess things up. i am thankful of the guidance i received from experienced players- some have since retired, others are still playing. at the beginning, the game dynamics was largely mysterious to everyone (it still is because of constant changes by FUNZIO… more annoying than mysterious if you ask me). i really enjoyed exchanging theories about fights and robberies, defense buildings, M4A1 loot sites and drop rates. i was especially drawn to the economic aspect of the game. i realized early on the importance of building new income buildings and constantly upgrading existing ones. i have had a wonderful experience with the game sans the last few weeks. as others have commented, i wouldn't have lasted this long were it not for this forum and fellow players.

well folks. this is my way of saying my time has come to move on. as we all know, this game has no endpoint for declaring victory. the only way to beat the system is to delete the app and stop playing which is what i am doing. i am sad to leave but alas i must. the thing is, the game doesn't appeal to me anymore. i started getting bored a few weeks ago right after i completed farming M4A1s. i'm sure you'll find hints of my disengagement/indifference for the game if you look back at my recent posting history. the lack of worthwhile farming options in the aftermath of DD's near-demise made my decision to quit easier. some of you may ask whether the game was worth the considerable investment (time, $) i put in. my answer is simple...DEFINITELY! (warts and all). i immensely enjoyed both the game and the forum! i am obviously concerned about the direction the game is taking in light of recent developments. i wish FUNZIO was more responsive to its customers and not just concentrate entirely on bean counting. reputation is everything in social networking games and a disgruntled customer base is no way to run a sustainable business. in spite of this, it is my hope that newer players will get as much satisfaction from the game as i did.

on a final note, i would like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts and ideas with me and the community. i am especially thankful to those who made my gaming experience extraordinary with great threads (economy analysis, PvP/PvE mechanics, general CC strategy, hilarious & witty quotes, etc.) i will not name names because the list is very long. but i think you know who you are--- THANK YOU AND ADIEU.

play on!

sincerely,

whocareswhatmynameis a.k.a. qwikster

qwikster
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
FINAL STATS:

real money spent: 56 USD + taxes (all spent on income buildings)
level: 125
attack: 28,619
defense: 32,086
fight, win/loss: 20,743/319 (98.5% success)
robbery, win/loss: 9,661/143 (98.5% success)
income/hr: 293,878

M4A1: 500
DD: 0

deuces
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Peace out qwikster, you've always been slightly ahead of me in level and income, and i've always tried to catch up income wise but havent gotten there yet! Darn you for quitting, seems an unfair way to pass you!

Joeycool
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh no!

I will miss you the most of all the veteran forum members to leave so far.

Farewell Qwikster.

mnju_03
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Congrats and See ya?! Well, good game bro. Good game. :P

<3 Hz
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
As long as it takes to upgrade buildings, do all the jobs it could take 5 years or more to "beat" the game or whatever.

G Wiz
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Well buddy congrats on winning the game man. Will miss seeing ya around!

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
When I first started lurking, there were a bunch of OGs whose posts I made an effort read. Yours were on that list. Bummed to see you go.

Ram
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
good riddance

scottmac112
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM
good riddance

-1. Million.

yshen
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM
farewell zsnm

Dorian Gray
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Sorry to see you go, take care qwikster.

I'm mostly an FPS/Action/RPG XBOX gamer so it's nice to have a portable game that's different from the normal stuff I play. That's why I can't see myself getting 'bored' anytime soon. Maybe I'm not bored because I went into this game with the perspective that it was inherently a boring game, especially compared to the games I normally play. This game fills a nice niche for me though and it's not like you have to put a ton of time into it. I'm not at all trying to criticize your decision to quit or anything like that, just throwing my perspective out there. Good Luck!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Peace out qwikster, you've always been slightly ahead of me in level and income, and i've always tried to catch up income wise but havent gotten there yet! Darn you for quitting, seems an unfair way to pass you!

thank you. i'm sure you will achieve great income/power status in time.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh no!

I will miss you the most of all the veteran forum members to leave so far.

Farewell Qwikster.

joeycool, your posts always bring a smile to my face. you are one of my favorite CC characters. thank you and farewell.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Congrats and See ya?! Well, good game bro. Good game. :P

thanks. good luck with the game.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
As long as it takes to upgrade buildings, do all the jobs it could take 5 years or more to "beat" the game or whatever.

yes, i am sure duder will get there. i have never seen anyone with greater patience. take care!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Well buddy congrats on winning the game man. Will miss seeing ya around!

thanks man. i enjoyed reading your posts. i don't think i would have had the strength to restart the game as you did. i hope the game gets better the second time around. ciao.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM
When I first started lurking, there were a bunch of OGs whose posts I made an effort read. Yours were on that list. Bummed to see you go.

thank you for the compliment. it really means a lot to me. i am glad that you have taken up the mantle from TS, allhail and others with impressive in-depth game analysis posts. all the best on future endeavors.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
good riddance

i hope you are not this angry in your real life. at any rate, i wish you all the best.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
farewell zsnm

thank you for standing up for me. bye.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry to see you go, take care qwikster.

I'm mostly an FPS/Action/RPG XBOX gamer so it's nice to have a portable game that's different from the normal stuff I play. That's why I can't see myself getting 'bored' anytime soon. Maybe I'm not bored because I went into this game with the perspective that it was inherently a boring game, especially compared to the games I normally play. This game fills a nice niche for me though and it's not like you have to put a ton of time into it. I'm not at all trying to criticize your decision to quit or anything like that, just throwing my perspective out there. Good Luck!

thanks dorian. i completely understand your viewpoint. i am glad that you will continue playing the game. all the best!

jobadass
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
will post my final stats later :)
I certainly remember you from my rival list. Think we battled it out a couple times, and your stats got really good. Nice gaming man. Godspeed

Santa
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Bye bye qwikster! You'll be missed!

Chiefer
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Last man standing now. Forum's already declared their new successors.

Vile Lynn
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
You win! :D
You're already missed :(
Fondest farewell, Qwikster!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I certainly remember you from my rival list. Think we battled it out a couple times, and your stats got really good. Nice gaming man. Godspeed

nothing like a compliment from a sworn enemy :)

thanks and good luck!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Bye bye qwikster! You'll be missed!

thank you sir. i will miss the forum.

i need muney
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_tVoRFIX1cso/StrwClIY1nI/AAAAAAAAAD8/GX25v5BSN7k/Contra-End.JPG

qwikster
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Last man standing now. Forum's already declared their new successors.

out with the old, in with the new!

i researched the topic of who's been here the longest. as far as i can tell the dinosaur still standing amongst us is (drumroll) Babytway. she joined the forum on Jul 26... that's insane!!!
Babytway: 26-Jul
AppleMacGuy: 13-Aug
Synergy: 15-Aug
madawgg: 25-Aug
Max Power: 29-Aug
Penutt: 8-Sep
Amber: 10-Sep
Kirbnite: 10-Sep
K@le: 14-Sep
Joeycool: 15-Sep
xenoke: 21-Sep
qwikster: 27-Sep

this is by no means an exhaustive list.

happy hunting!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
You win! :D
You're already missed :(
Fondest farewell, Qwikster!

thank you for the message, vile lynn. take care.

Swifty
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
@qwikster

Many thanks. I am a better player because I read your posts. It made me think about what I was actually doing in the game, and why I was doing it.

qwikster
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
@i need muney:

this is a game i am more familiar with...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MxRJi8eo_hc/TS55kbZz3XI/AAAAAAAAHmc/pypfh5OQHHk/s1600/Pac-Man-Game-Over.jpg

qwikster
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
@qwikster

Many thanks. I am a better player because I read your posts. It made me think about what I was actually doing in the game, and why I was doing it.

thank you for the kind words. best of luck with the game.

mnju_03
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Don't go! I promise I can change!

i need muney
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Your pic is sad. Mine says your a hero :D

Santa
03-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I still don't get why he has two forum accounts.

BrodawgCanada
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Can I have your user name, and I'll take over for you!!

mnju_03
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Can I have your user name, and I'll take over for you!!

haha

I see Noooooooothing I know Nooooooooothing!

qwikster
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I still don't get why he has two forum accounts.

long story short... i don't remember my password for the primary account. password is saved in the browser of my office computer. when i login from home (using macbook pro), i have to use this account. never bothered retrieving lost password.

mnju_03
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
long story short... i don't remember my password for the primary account. password is saved in the browser of my office computer. when i login from home (using macbook pro), i have to use this account. never bothered retrieving lost password.

hahahahahha classic.

Ram
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
i hope you are not this angry in your real life. at any rate, i wish you all the best.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

i need muney
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Be a man! Go away already lol

Duke.0
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all your help, you will be missed.

Good Luck Quikster!