PDA

View Full Version : how should i spend my skill points?

duelblade
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Title kinda says it all but ill give you some more details to understand what im asking about.

so last week I found my ipod touch and though I would start over making a mostly pvp account and imply all the info I wish i knew what i started like not investing in def buildings and the importance to build a strong economy early on.

however the one thing im still kinda in the dark is how should I spend my points every time I level up? should I invest them almost all into stamina? how useful is attack/defense skillpoints with attacking,robing, defense,anti robing. should I invest into energy at all for later on when there are good weapons to farm?

my current thought is get one stama and 10 energy every level so I can do a little farming for things like vehicles but I wanted to ask your opinions before I level again.

Pluxfan
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Only option is the plux method which is to att ack attack attack. All other method are unintelligent and not worth discuss. Attack fully modifies special drop rates for best looting. Or you could not listen and lose the game youre choice.

duelblade
03-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Only option is the plux method which is to att ack attack attack. All other method are unintelligent and not worth discuss. Attack fully modifies special drop rates for best looting. Or you could not listen and lose the game youre choice.

do you have any proof to support your claim?

Pluxfan
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Plux said what more is need? His income over 750 best player in game. He said Pier 13 key to max m4 and no one listen now you doubt the advice of attack. What can I say ears are closed. As I said go on losing youre choice. Plux also said cash is king and everyone doubt and what happen??? No more m4 and bus. And still doubters???????

kimberleyj
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I would say to put most of it on stam and attack. Energy is no long worth it seen as you can't farm anymore so once the goals are done the isn't much use for it. Def won't make much difference when you get to the high levels.

Dravak
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
The game is ever changing , in the past , all 4 value had there use .
But since some people (coughs) had there prefered method of putting in energy , was whining about being beaten up by people 10 levels lower and 1000 attack-2000 defense difference .

They changed the value of attack and hide it . Defense same story .

What can I recommend if your long term vision , save up the points get around 10 stamina (the amount that is needed to put somebody to beaten up to fight )

And for now well put some in attack , defense is a bit futile , but also energy don't put more energy then 6 hours sleep . Simple as that .
So basically we have nothing but attack and defense to put in making your toon a glorified golden weapon for now .

duelblade
03-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Plux said what more is need? His income over 750 best player in game. He said Pier 13 key to max m4 and no one listen now you doubt the advice of attack. What can I say ears are closed. As I said go on losing youre choice. Plux also said cash is king and everyone doubt and what happen??? No more m4 and bus. And still doubters???????

I wasn't questioning your advice i simply had never heard that attack making special drop rates from pvp drop at a higher rate but comparing my new account to my main its make a lot of sense and I will test your theory out.

Dravak
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I wasn't questioning your advice i simply had never heard that attack making special drop rates from pvp drop at a higher rate but comparing my new account to my main its make a lot of sense and I will test your theory out.

It doesn't trust me have tons more attack then my level , and I still get tons of butter knives , the number of attacks done gets you the special rare weapon drops . Not attack itself .

duelblade
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
The game is ever changing , in the past , all 4 value had there use .
But since some people (coughs) had there prefered method of putting in energy , was whining about being beaten up by people 10 levels lower and 1000 attack-2000 defense difference .

They changed the value of attack and hide it . Defense same story .

What can I recommend if your long term vision , save up the points get around 10 stamina (the amount that is needed to put somebody to beaten up to fight )

And for now well put some in attack , defense is a bit futile , but also energy don't put more energy then 6 hours sleep . Simple as that .
So basically we have nothing but attack and defense to put in making your toon a glorified golden weapon for now .

Any idea how much energy is 6 hours worth of sleep? I chose tycoon if that helps. Also thanks for clearing up defense if im having any trouble defense I just unlocked turrets so I can build those since there is a lot of wasted space since the smallest money buildings are only 4x4.

duelblade
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Side note can anyone explain how attack works exactly? does it only add onto your attack by one point or does it give some sort of multiplier to your mafia attack stats or weapon stats?

Nicholost
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
If I had a second device, I would dump all skill points into attack and go play. None in energy, none in defense, maybe 15 in stamina (10 + 5 for hunting and poking rivals), and everything else into attack. Then I would seek out players with significantly higher defense than my attack, especially if they have a lot of higher level defense buildings, and just attack them to no end. I would monitor the forums and see how many "I got attacked and lost to someone with significantly lower attack than my defense" threads I can start because of my actions. That would be rad.

Dravak
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Do not invest into stupid turrets , they hardly help in robberies , that is where your defense skill comes into play.
If you want to build turrets etc , do not make them more then 1-2 levels for a very small benefit .

Since people have different version of CC some version of CC are garanteed 100% success rate no matter what defense skill or defense you have .
Turret or defense building used to be so usefull that on lower levels it stopped people from pvping.
Example is more MW game style where defense buildings and attack and defense skill have there use .
That used to be old CC gaming style .

For now just use defense building as decoration don't bother to go higher then level 2 .
Till they , if they ever recitify the situation , but sadly I do not think they ever will .

Dravak
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Side note can anyone explain how attack works exactly? does it only add onto your attack by one point or does it give some sort of multiplier to your mafia attack stats or weapon stats?

It used to be a huge multiplier , now it is a multiplier on a diminishing return and they added a 1-5% failure each attack, basically for simple people , just consider the attack and defense skill as seeing your toon as additional weapon
So 1 attack invested is 1.2 attack stats .

duelblade
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
It used to be a huge multiplier , now it is a multiplier on a diminishing return and they added a 1-5% failure each attack, basically for simple people , just consider the attack and defense skill as seeing your toon as additional weapon
So 1 attack invested is 1.2 attack stats .

your first sentence didn't make sense but I kinda get what you were saying, so its more like added attack but it adds at a faster rate then 1 point per skill point invested. Am I right?

Dravak
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
your first sentence didn't make sense but I kinda get what you were saying, so its more like added attack but it adds at a faster rate then 1 point per skill point invested. Am I right?

Yes simple put if you invest 10 points into attack or defense , your stats growth is 12 points .
It is much more complex then that but to keep it simple .

i need muney
03-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Jar Jar? Is that you?

Plux
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I am not Plux fan, but intrigued lol. I am learning as well, Talon Razor, Sir Daniel, Payam, the world famous g, and Zillow to name but a few will have my ear when advice is given. I do Listen too. $800k per hour is upon me :-)

scottmac112
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Since I started, with a few rare exceptions, mine has always been +1 Attack, Defense, and Energy. I've been on 16 Stamina for a LONG time (probably about 20 levels or so), and it works for me. May not have much logic behind it, but it seems to be a well-balanced way to manage the skill set.

duelblade
03-20-2012, 10:04 PM
If I had a second device, I would dump all skill points into attack and go play. None in energy, none in defense, maybe 15 in stamina (10 + 5 for hunting and poking rivals), and everything else into attack. Then I would seek out players with significantly higher defense than my attack, especially if they have a lot of higher level defense buildings, and just attack them to no end. I would monitor the forums and see how many "I got attacked and lost to someone with significantly lower attack than my defense" threads I can start because of my actions. That would be rad.

from what you said i should invest all into attack but then you voted for me to put it into defense, why?