PDA

View Full Version : PVPing for cash....

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I used to be able to rake in the cash doing PVP, not so anymore. :-/ Not sure if it's a cyclical thing, or if the supply box event turned everyone into attack dogs leavin' nothing for me, or what, but the cupboards seem to be bare these days. Anyone have the same experience? Any tips to share? For me, this is an active way to get ahead, I'm sliding in my stats now... Every now and again I'll find an oil rig, lvl 7+ munitions, or lvl 3 ore mine, but attacking produces NOTHING these days.

Everson25
03-20-2012, 02:35 AM
I used to be able to rake in the cash doing PVP, not so anymore. :-/ Not sure if it's a cyclical thing, or if the supply box event turned everyone into attack dogs leavin' nothing for me, or what, but the cupboards seem to be bare these days. Anyone have the same experience? Any tips to share? For me, this is an active way to get ahead, I'm sliding in my stats now... Every now and again I'll find an oil rig, lvl 7+ munitions, or lvl 3 ore mine, but attacking produces NOTHING these days.

I'm having the same situation even though I'm not an agressive player compared to many here. I would think many players learned more about the game how it works. Of course, this is mainaly to threads explaining and sharing experiencies.

I am one of those players who used to be attacked quite often but those attacks slowed down lately since I started changing my tactics and doing right decisions (following advices from you and other more experient players, lol).

It doesn't mean i don't lose money or units but I am more prepared nowadays. Anyway, thanks for all the sharing!

Mcdoc
03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
I changed my tactics a bit - I usd ot just do drive by battles with my 25 stamina points until I found someone who was giving up big cash. Now I will take it bit slower and play a little more like CC and look for buildings ready to be raided. LOVE finding Oil Rigs, Nuke plants, ect. Just this morning I found a guy with 2 Nanotech, 2 Nukes, 2 Oil Rigs, and many other high buildings ready to give up the loot. I "camped" on his site for about 30 minutes and collected over 300k :)

overkill 280
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm kinda new to the attack/raid part of the game. What does it mean when a building has no bar on it? Compared to the ones that do, which you can raid.

Judicium
03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
you can only raid buildings that are sitting there waiting to be collected. the bars signify that. they need to make the building level numbers overlay better so they can't be hidden behind other buildings.

overkill 280
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh I get it. Ok thanks!

Bronco928
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I changed my tactics a bit - I usd ot just do drive by battles with my 25 stamina points until I found someone who was giving up big cash. Now I will take it bit slower and play a little more like CC and look for buildings ready to be raided. LOVE finding Oil Rigs, Nuke plants, ect. Just this morning I found a guy with 2 Nanotech, 2 Nukes, 2 Oil Rigs, and many other high buildings ready to give up the loot. I "camped" on his site for about 30 minutes and collected over 300k :)

Right on...that's the only way to bring in cash in the higher levels! EVERYONE has a substantial vault & has learned how to use it by level 100.

JMC
03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I have not been able to attack anyone for money since i was very low level. Probably under level 40. And back then, no one had much money so i never got much. All my PvP earnings are from attacking Hackers/glitchers that get to level 100+ by energy glitching. This way they have little strength and hundreds of millions out. These guys are rare though, and it is hard to get anything from them as everyone is targeting them. With the current casualty rate, it's not even worth it to attack for 300K per battle if the guy has more than 3-4K defence. Casualties will outweigh earnings easily.

JohnnyR
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM

This is my exact strategy at the moment. I lose Warthogs like crazy though. If I go one or two hits without losing one, or find a munitions level ten, at least there's some profit. Bottom feeding and quite tedious though. There has to be a better way... :-/

Angirl
03-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I am not losing as many units as I was, so even lvl 7 munitions dumps are profitable by around 90k on average.

Jp lfs
03-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I haven't been able to catch anyone with $3 Mil or more unvaulted in about 4 days. I feel lucky to catch someone for 500k-1mil now. But I did level up a lot during the last event. I feel like raiding is way less fun for me, but I have started to do it more recently because my unit losses seem to be lower and the payout is way lower, but more consistent.

War Priest
03-23-2012, 03:42 PM
But I did level up a lot during the last event

Hopefully the event tomorrow doesn't require us to rank up a lot again.

Jp lfs
03-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I am sure it will. Unless it is a race to have 10 level 10 buildings, we'll all be forced to get out there and start interacting actively again.