PDA

View Full Version : What level best to camp at?

Gaming Will
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Figuring I'm level 67 now, thinking of camping (since I can't farm anything worthwhile) what is your suggestion? Thanks forum peeps!

erik
03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
200 is best. 135 is second best.

Nicholost
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Your current level is always the best place to camp. I'm leveling at a crawl right now with very little to farm.

200 is best. 135 is second best.
Erik, I get the 200 reference, but I missed the 135 reference.

erik
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
135 is the last building before the big jump to 165. Great place to economy build if you are dead set on camping. It is below the new adjusted cap of 142 for high level players to see you.

125 Is the dead lowest I would go at Gents.

Nicholost
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Those are very good points. Thanks for clarifying.

Gaming Will, Erik's advice is solid. You are quite a ways from levels 125 and 135 though. Your call.

Gaming Will
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Nice guys! Nice solid advice and much obliged.

Swifty
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Are any of you campers spending zero energy and stamina?

Just curious.

dudeman
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
With very little left to farm, one strategy would be to focus on attacking rivals for thug life goals. You get decent loot drops sometimes (now that the M4 is gone), and you earn RP in two ways, per fight and through Thug Life.

You may think one drawback to this strategy is the increased amount of XP you take on from fighting. I once saw that as a drawback too, but it became too much of a chore to selectively do anything based on the amount of XP gained. Now that I have reached level 151 I realize that I had nothing to worry about. There are plenty of rivals to pick on, just the same as I get picked on by other HL players. No big deal. The real nice thing about these levels is a lot of the hoods are nicer and can be WAY more rewarding than many of the lower level hoods. Sometimes you get robbed and can turn around and rob double back from other rivals.

Not camping is my suggestion.

Pekersss
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Seeing as I found out about the m4a1's at level 113, I'm pretty much gaining as much respect until level 115 when I can invest in exeleros then doing light camping/thug life missions.

dudeman
03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Light camping? AND Thug Life goals?

Yeah right.

No offense. It's just that your statement contradicts itself.

Pekersss
03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I have a feeling I'll get too bored with simply camping, so probably spend some time camping, then doing a thug life goal, repeat. Simply harvesting money and spending it on buildings and/or crap(pier than we're used to farming) weapons would probably cause me to lose interest rather quickly.

Hank
03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Figuring I'm level 67 now, thinking of camping (since I can't farm anything worthwhile) what is your suggestion? Thanks forum peeps!

Depends on how much money you are making. Look for the highest building you can afford. See what level it unlocks at and camp at that level. If you camp at any lower of a level you are cheating yourself out of growth

Gaming Will
03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks again, wasn't dead set on camping but given I have spent a little on gold to keep stats up above others in my range. That being said, I have been doing to thug life and hitman stuff for the respect and leveling slowly until this event. I think I will keep at it for a little while. My strategy: I'm ALWAYS building upgrading and adding to hood size. I've been no banking for quite some time, risking the loss but worth the risk.

emcee
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Camp from level 1 if you want to maintain high win/loss percentage.

If you don't care about maintaining enviable stats or don't mind getting robbed or lose to attacks then always strive to buy the next available income building. In other words, don't camp.

Most would fall in between the two extremes. My level 8 account is the former and my level 52 is closer to the latter but thinking of hunkering down to build 50 gatlings and buying night clubs.