PDA

View Full Version : Given up on Emerald Burner

Burn
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Got the Sig on both iPhone and iPad. Got lucky on both, up to 9 diamonds for free, but as time was running out I had to drop some Gold to secure them.

Was a little less interested in the Emerald Burner, because money isn't really that useful for my game goals - most stuff you can buy is garbage, so money only seems to go on a never ending circle of building and upgrades which generates even more money that can't buy anything useful. Like being rich but all the shops are empty. So do I need another 10% to spend on nothing? Well no, not really.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have liked a Burner, even if only to sit alongside the Sig, but my luck has sucked balls on this event. A lot more failed opens (medium option), a lot less good stuff on succesful opens.

End result, 5 Emeralds on iPad, 6 on iPhone. Too far away from the goal to justify buying Gold. Plus the 15 Gold reset/open cost is just a bit too high for me to be able to justify it to myself.

No Emerald Burner for me, on either device. But no Gold spent, and at least I got a few nice things from the safes. So I have nothing to complain about.

Kudos to anyone that had better luck.

Santa
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
IMHO it's better to spend no gold and get reasonable rewards than to spend gold and risk getting the same rewards as non gold players. 7 emeralds and now I'm going to sleep.

upsman_17
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I got the sig last event with no gold spent but I know I was lucky. This event my goal was 7 and I just got it about 4 hours ago. So I am happy I got 3 strong weapons for free, I did notice much less opens this event on medium option and when it did open and wasn't an emerald- the drops were garbage. I think I only got one 500 rp drop and far too many rasta fatigues and room sweepers. All in all, I would have liked the free deposit bc I'm still growing my economy and the extra 10% would def help, but I'm glad I didnt spend any of the tapjoy gold I have saved for rock cafes when they open in a few levels.

i need muney
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Freeeeeeee as a biiird.
it's the next best thing to be.

allhaildiscordia
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
This raises an issue with the event that was the cause for my frustration: In general, the only players that can afford to get 10 emeralds are already gold spenders, who would have little use for the rewards.

Dipstik
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Lol... Just got # 8 with in game $... Four hours to go... Any bets??

jobadass
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Did you say Emerald Bummer?

deuces
03-19-2012, 08:21 PM
pretty much my thoughts exactly upsman. 7 a couple days ago, nothing since, but im happy with that.