PDA

View Full Version : Clarification to this "RUMOR"

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Lately, I have been hearing many controversial thoughts on how the items are used within a raid/attack. Since I am lvl 2 and have not ever attacked nor bought units, I would like a clarification for I will need to drastically change my strategy when starting to level depending on the TRUTH.

KNOWN FACTS:

A) The amount of allies allowed in battle depends on level. (I believe for every level, 5 more allies?)
B) If attacking, Funzio automatically chooses the best ATTACK scores of an item and brings those to battle from each category. If defending attack, Funzio would do the same for the best DEFENSE scores of an item.
C) CC goes by #1 (stated below)

Here are the two sides:

1) Four each ally, you are allowed one extra item in EACH category (infantry, ground, air, sea) to bring to battle.

2) For each ally you are allowed to bring 4 extra items. The category of that item does NOT matter. For example, one could bring all Air units to battle instead of limited to having to use a certain amount from each category (infantry, ground, air, sea)

War Priest
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Number 2 is correct Dreno. It doesn't matter what units, the units with the next highest attack scores will be brought in. Some people think that your allies bring in their units and things like that but that's not true. The next highest units in your inventory will come into battle.

Here is the formula to figure out what the max units allowed to come to battle is.

Level x 5 x 4 = ?

Ex: level 100 x 5 x 4 = 2,000 max units allowed

stricker
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
It doesn't matter what units, the units with the next highest attack scores will be brought in.
wp - isn't the same true for defense units, also...

ex. you are allowed max of 40 units at level 2.
*you could have 40 rangers for attack (att= 40 x 2 + boost bldgs/country bonus)
and you you could have 40 engineers for defense. (def = 40 x 4 + def bldgs)

so you might stack certain units for attack purposes and certain units for defense...

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
wp - isn't the same true for defense units, also...

ex. you are allowed max of 40 units at level 2.
*you could have 40 rangers for attack (att= 40 x 2 + boost bldgs/country bonus)
and you you could have 40 engineers for defense. (def = 40 x 4 + def bldgs)

so you might stack certain units for attack purposes and certain units for defense...

Yes. It doesn't matter the units, the units with the next highest defense scores will be brought into battle when being attacked. Reverse for attacking.

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
In doing some quick math: one could potentially, at the level of 50, have 46,000 IN BATTLE defense without the UK Nation bonus. One could also potentially, at the level of 40, have 40,000 IN BATTLE attack without the Russia Nation bonus.

Though to acquire this, SERIOUS INVESTMENT is involved...

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
In doing some quick math: one could potentially, at the level of 50, have 46,000 IN BATTLE defense without the UK Nation bonus. One could also potentially, at the level of 40, have 40,000 IN BATTLE attack without the Russia Nation bonus.

Though to acquire this, SERIOUS INVESTMENT is involved...

No you did something wrong in your math. At level 100, with 500 allies the most you can bring into battle is 2,000 units. That is the cap. No matter if your level 200 with 1000 allies it's still 2,000 units.

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
It's (Level) x (Allies) x (Units) =? (Max units allowed)

5 allies per level are used. Each ally brings 4 units into battle. So simply level x 5 x 4 = ?

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
i know. i did use your formula. look. this is what i did:

1st equation: 50*5*4*46=46,000

2nd equation: 40*5*4*50=40,000

level*ally increase*item increase usable*Attack or Defense # of the best unit available = The number you see

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
i know. i did use your formula. look. this is what i did:

1st equation: 50*5*4*46=46,000

2nd equation: 40*5*4*50=40,000

level*ally increase*item increase usable*# of best unit available = The number you see

Your adding an extra number at the end. Your 1st equation should only be 50*5*4=? and your 2nd equation should only be 40*5*4=?

You don't mulitply # of best unit available.

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Your adding an extra number at the end. Your 1st equation should only be 50*5*4=? and your 2nd equation should only be 40*5*4=?

You don't mulitply # of best unit available.

lol now i understand what you THOUGHT I MEANT. i was calculating the actual defense # (not units) allowed to bring into battle if purchased the best defense unit available. get it???

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
lol now i understand what you THOUGHT I MEANT. i was calculating the actual defense # (not units) allowed to bring into battle if purchased the best defense unit available. get it???

Ah, got it. Didn't realized we changed topics. What units are you calculating the defense on?

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Ah, got it. Didn't realized we changed topics. What units are you calculating the defense on?

I don't know the names considering i haven't unlocked them yet lol.
the air unit (attack equation) is 50/16 for $3.6m
the sea unit (defense equation) is 27/46 for $5.4m

War Priest
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Alright got it. And if you tap on the unit even thought it's locked it will say the name of it. Just for future references.

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey buddy your China right? I am UK right now but am considering going to Russia. I have the Green Dragonfly and with the 30% extra in bonus, that one unit's attack score would be 403. Been thinking about switching for awhile, just don't know if I should or not.

stricker
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey buddy your China right? I am UK right now but am considering going to Russia. I have the Green Dragonfly and with the 30% extra in bonus, that one unit's attack score would be 403. Been thinking about switching for awhile, just don't know if I should or not.
wwwpppp!!!!!!!!
you're sitting on that HUGE stack of gold & wondering about such a itty-bitty decision to spent 50 bars to make a 10% increase on air power..... remember, you didn't get your boat for st. paddy's day! it's a sign, man... (& i'm the devil, too..)

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
wwwpppp!!!!!!!!
you're sitting on that HUGE stack of gold & wondering about such a itty-bitty decision to spent 50 bars to make a 10% increase on air power..... remember, you didn't get your boat for st. paddy's day! it's a sign, man... (& i'm the devil, too..)

I know. But right now I have 10 sea unit's that are more than 100 for scores, and 6 air units that are in the 100's. I think I am going to do it. My stats will probably drop a bit since I have been focusing on sea units, but i'll report the stats.

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM

ya im china. was hoping there was a "Tycoon" type of class but no... noooo there wasn't. So i guessed. And i guessed RIGHT!! china will be perfect for me for awhile considering they have the first "better" unit building available at lvl 20. I will change to UK or Russia later on in the game. It says it gives a bonus to them. What percentage is the bonus? Stricker said 10% and you said 30% does it differ from one to the other?

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
(& i'm the devil, too..)

That's funny. So far I have been called a troll, a devil, and a developer...and have been questioned about being a dev's relative. :p

JMC
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
10% nation bonus, 20% boost building.

stricker
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
That's funny. So far I have been called a troll, a devil, and a developer...and have been questioned about being a dev's relative. :p
mickey called you stupid... =P

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
ya im china. was hoping there was a "Tycoon" type of class but no... noooo there wasn't. So i guessed. And i guessed RIGHT!! china will be perfect for me for awhile considering they have the first "better" unit building available at lvl 20. I will change to UK or Russia later on in the game. It says it gives a bonus to them. What percentage is the bonus? Stricker said 10% and you said 30% does it differ from one to the other?

Stricker is right, the country bonus is 10%. I was refering to both the country and boost building bonus.

Boost buildings, upgraded to level 10, provide 20% increase. So for Russia for example, 10% country bonus + 20% hanger bonus = 30% increase in attack. To get the extra 20% for defense (you already have 10% from your country bonus) you will have to get the gold composite factory and upgrade that to level 10.

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM

Yep, that's another... Oh, well. She made it up to me. :)

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Stricker is right, the country bonus is 10%. I was refering to both the country and boost building bonus.

Boost buildings, upgraded to level 10, provide 20% increase. So for Russia for example, 10% country bonus + 20% hanger bonus = 30% increase in attack. To get the extra 20% for defense (you already have 10% from your country bonus) you will have to get the gold composite factory and upgrade that to level 10.

strrrrricker, confusing us noobs i see?? shame shame shame :P

stricker
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Correction: looked it up... not stupid, it was "FOOL!" lol

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Correction: looked it up... not stupid, it was "FOOL!" lol

Haha! That's right. Like I said though, she made it up to me.

stricker
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
strrrrricker, confusing us noobs i see?? shame shame shame :P
i get paid to do it... i'm the devil!

Mcdoc
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Clarification on this "Rumor"

Yo Dreno33 - I think Clarification on Misinformation is a better title for this thread. There are so many great post out there that have covered this issue with great clarification. I haven't seen or heard any "rumors" to suggest the misinformation you are asking about.

I think WP or JohnnyR said he was working on a FNG guide - we should probably try to get it as a sticky. Some of Tramp Stamps old post had some great info as well as Agent Orange.

Somewhere in the sticky there needs to be a tutorial of how to "search" the forums for info that has already been discussed so the FNG's aren't the ones starting the rumors and misinformation because they made assumptions rather than making searches.

Again - like in your other thread - I'm not trying to bust your balls about discussing the info - but the titles of your threads are misleading and contribute to the confusion. The solution is simple - if you're ASKING a question to clarify something you don't understand - word your thread as a question rather than as a fact and I promise you the experienced users will trip over themselves to rush to your rescue. People here love to help others - but it is very frustrating to continually have to correct misinformation being laid out there for the casual person stopping in for advice who doesn't spend hours sorting through the quality info - or worse - sees the beginning of a post and takes that info as fact and never make it back to see all the corrections to misleading information.

Anyway - I'm glad you're planning your strategy - I didn't find this post until I was already like level 25 and I know my economy would be much stronger if I had found this sooner.

War Priest
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Mcdoc, that was Johnny working on the FNG guide. I think he might have gave up on that though. Wasn't me though.

Stricker, also have been called a pit bull or lawyer by you...another one for the list.

Mcdoc
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Haha! That's right. Like I said though, she made it up to me.

Sometimes the make-up sex is worth the fight - LoL

War Priest
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Sometimes the make-up sex is worth the fight - LoL

Haha, I really hope she doesn't read that post! For the record, I NEVER SAID THAT! =)

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Yo Dreno33 - I think Clarification on Misinformation is a better title for this thread. There are so many great post out there that have covered this issue with great clarification. I haven't seen or heard any "rumors" to suggest the misinformation you are asking about.

I think WP or JohnnyR said he was working on a FNG guide - we should probably try to get it as a sticky. Some of Tramp Stamps old post had some great info as well as Agent Orange.

Somewhere in the sticky there needs to be a tutorial of how to "search" the forums for info that has already been discussed so the FNG's aren't the ones starting the rumors and misinformation because they made assumptions rather than making searches.

Again - like in your other thread - I'm not trying to bust your balls about discussing the info - but the titles of your threads are misleading and contribute to the confusion. The solution is simple - if you're ASKING a question to clarify something you don't understand - word your thread as a question rather than as a fact and I promise you the experienced users will trip over themselves to rush to your rescue. People here love to help others - but it is very frustrating to continually have to correct misinformation being laid out there for the casual person stopping in for advice who doesn't spend hours sorting through the quality info - or worse - sees the beginning of a post and takes that info as fact and never make it back to see all the corrections to misleading information.

Anyway - I'm glad you're planning your strategy - I didn't find this post until I was already like level 25 and I know my economy would be much stronger if I had found this sooner.

again, i do not know wth a FNG is but apparently that makes me one. now would be cool to actually tell me :P anyways, i see your point. but in reading the details of my thread, one would have to be a FOOL to think of that as fact.

stricker
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Stricker, also have been called a pit bull or lawyer by you...another one for the list.
i've got some new ones too... just saving for the proper time heeheehee

War Priest
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
i've got some new ones too... just saving for the proper time heeheehee

I wonder what the poll results would be if there was one about me. Love or Hate War Priest?...:rolleyes:

stricker
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder what the poll results would be if there was one about me. Love or Hate War Priest?...:rolleyes:
shouldn't that be on your faceb00k page?

War Priest
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
shouldn't that be on your faceb00k page?

I don't do Facebook. And if I did, I wouldn't be known as War Priest, and I would be loved and hated for different reasons than on here.

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Mcdoc, that was Johnny working on the FNG guide. I think he might have gave up on that though. Wasn't me though.

Didn't give up, just paused a bit for RL stuff, lol. Even smokers need a bit of fresh air now and then. ;-) Game and forum are addictive as all heck

FNG will be updated soon.

War Priest
03-20-2012, 05:36 AM
wwwpppp!!!!!!!!

Ok stricker, I made the switch the morning. Stats rose a little. I bought then 4 new units, and about 10 3-crates. Now my stats are both over 10,000 A/D with 41 allies. =)

stricker
03-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Ok stricker, I made the switch the morning. Stats rose a little. I bought then 4 new units, and about 10 3-crates. Now my stats are both over 10,000 A/D with 41 allies. =)
SWEET! ...it's just like moving things around in your investment portfolio. ;) ...selling off some precious metals for a high yield stock with many future dividend pay-outs! ...think you made a smart move.
...though, you should seriously think about praying to the dev gods not to roll out that limited addition 'noah's arch' boat unit for easter holiday with an off-the-chart att/def score!!! if they do, you'll have to switch back to UK... =P

Dreno33
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
SWEET! ...it's just like moving things around in your investment portfolio. ;) ...selling off some precious metals for a high yield stock with many future dividend pay-outs! ...think you made a smart move.
...though, you should seriously think about praying to the dev gods not to roll out that limited addition 'noah's arch' boat unit for easter holiday with an off-the-chart att/def score!!! if they do, you'll have to switch back to UK... =P

Noah's Ark? Nah man they gonna do the unsinkable easter basket

War Priest
03-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Haha it's ok. Then later on there will be an air craft with equal or greater stats to balance it out. I recieved 6 High Altitude Scouts, 1 Viking Incursion Craft, and 2 Flanker Jet from the crates so I am good on planes.

stricker
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Noah's Ark? Nah man they gonna do the unsinkable easter basket
i like it Dreno. :-D better have something, though you know... 'cause the Mayan calendar ends 12-21-2012!!!!!

Dreno33
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
i like it Dreno. :-D better have something, though you know... 'cause the Mayan calendar ends 12-21-2012!!!!!

Funny you mention that because... that's not true. The mayan calendar was created BEFORE Cesar thought of the Leap year. Since he created this explanation of a leap year in 53? BC, there have been approx 503? leap years. Therefore, if we were to go by the Mayan Calendar, it would be July of 2013 right now, which means we would have died 8? months ago.

Sorry to burst your bubble... And the numbers aren't EXACT, but pretty close.

stricker
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Funny you mention that because... that's not true. The mayan calendar was created BEFORE Cesar thought of the Leap year. Since he created this explanation of a leap year in 53? BC, there have been approx 503? leap years. Therefore, if we were to go by the Mayan Calendar, it would be July of 2013 right now, which means we would have died 8? months ago.

Sorry to burst your bubble... And the numbers aren't EXACT, but pretty close.
...sorry to burst your bubble, Dreno, but we're not really playing MW... we really are dead and we're really playing 'zombie apocalypse.'

Dreno33
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
...sorry to burst your bubble, Dreno, but we're not really playing MW... we really are dead and we're really playing 'zombie apocalypse.'

Don't you mean human apocalypse... ya know. since we're dead already and no longer humans. But are now pretending to be in a game? :D :D