03-19-2012, 09:24 AM
i had gotten 7 emeralds from the cash option

decided to use some gold spent over 700 gold opening wallsafes,

and received only 1 more emerald

left with 8 emeralds in total.

real fair? huh? bull****

mnju_03
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Just play Russian roulette! It's got better odds and a better outcome!

dudeman
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Man, I spent a vault going for the tenth diamond. Over 100 boxes opened and no diamond.

Needless to say, I had very low expectations of this event, and I have even lower expectations for future events.

They are grinding, they (can) interfere with living a normal schedule, and even for all the dedication you still aren't guaranteed anything better than rewards you could acquire through regular game play. Boring.

DenZ1
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM

real fair? huh? bull****
Exactly where I am right now. We can start a club :)

Feels like a Russian roulette, just don't have to die in the end :)

Holicaholic
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I used gold on the lockbox event. First and last time I will buy gold. I can't be upset that I didn't get the diamond sig, but at the same time it is frustrating that using gold didn't get me to it.

It is fair though, which sucks. Funzio stated the chances are random, so why would gold increase your chances for an emerald? It does suck, but it sucks because it's fair.

Ohaithere
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Gold does increase the chance of getting an emerald, just as much as it increases the chances of all other loot. Wth gold you can't open an empty box so odds are higher but not by much and it will not help you get an emerald over any other loot. That's my understanding.

Max Power
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Funzio hasn't gone against their word on this one, although they may have changed percentages or chances of success from the Diamond event. It's fair to give them a pass on not getting the tenth, but make no mistake, this is all about luring you in to buy gold. Why do you thing the first 7 emeralds were so easy? They get people right to the edge so that they can't resist.

Holicaholic
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Gold does increase the chance of getting an emerald, just as much as it increases the chances of all other loot. Wth gold you can't open an empty box so odds are higher but not by much and it will not help you get an emerald over any other loot. That's my understanding.

The odds of an emerald being inside a safe that you open are not changed by your method of opening. The gold only insures that safe is opened, not a higher likelihood of an emerald.

Max Power
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Gold will not change the contents of the box, we are told, but a guarantee open on every box you get will increase your chances of getting 10 emeralds.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Gold will not change the contents of the box, we are told, but a guarantee open on every box you get will increase your chances of getting 10 emeralds.

If I read correct Max you spent 2x vault of gold = 3000 gold bars = 200 reset timers = 200 dynamites opens = 100 reset time + 100 dynamites

So it should guarantee at the least 1 emerald as the probability is said 'never zero'
So in 100 dynamite opens 1 emerald has to come. ratio at 100/1
To me this is very worrying stats as the probability of getting from 8th emerald to 9th is a fraction of 1.

So I'm assuming the probability of getting the 9th diamond must be 200/1 and 10th 400/1.

Basically unless they don't disclose what the probability ratio was/is, I believe the wall box event was a win win situation regardless how many people got the emerald burner without using gold.

<3 Hz
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM

real fair? huh? bull****

I gotta agree. How is it you can get your first 9 emeralds by opening around 75 boxes & then open 120 more & not get a 10th? Something's off there.

Nicholost
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Emeralds:
This is sort of an event currency. Emeralds have a chance to drop anytime a Wall Safe is successfully opened. Players will need to collect Emeralds to obtain the loot seen in the main events window. Once 10 Emeralds are collected, the end event item is awarded. At this time, players may still open Wall Safes, although Emeralds will stop dropping.
The rate for emerald drops is gradually reduced as your total number of Emeralds increases. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.

Source:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21735-Wall-Safe-Event-is-live!&p=132381&viewfull=1#post132381

Holicaholic
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
If I read correct Max you spent 2x vault of gold = 3000 gold bars = 200 reset timers = 200 dynamites opens = 100 reset time + 100 dynamites

So it should guarantee at the least 1 emerald as the probability is said 'never zero'
So in 100 dynamite opens 1 emerald has to come. ratio at 100/1
To me this is very worrying stats as the probability of getting from 8th emerald to 9th is a fraction of 1.

So I'm assuming the probability of getting the 9th diamond must be 200/1 and 10th 400/1.

Basically unless they don't disclose what the probability ratio was/is, I believe the wall box event was a win win situation regardless how many people got the emerald burner without using gold.

Your probability is wrong. If you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads, then the 11th time you flip it you will still have a 50/50 chance of it being heads. Each open safe does not increase the probability.

DenZ1
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
In theory, if you reeeealy unlucky, you can open several hundred safes and still won't get one.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Source:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21735-Wall-Safe-Event-is-live!&p=132381&viewfull=1#post132381

This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number

With that statement conzio didn't tell us it can be a fraction so I am assuming it is a fraction of 1 maybe 0.1 or much less.
I think the probability should of been known

If for example you buy a lottery card and the the lottery operators tell you last week you to pick 6 number for 1-50.
Then the following week after you brought your lottery ticket your informed that this week number are 6 numbers between 1-100 and the lottery ticket has gone up by 50%.

This is exactly what conzio have done 15 gold to open and reset and they've increased the probability of not getting the weapon within 7 days.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Your probability is wrong. If you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads, then the 11th time you flip it you will still have a 50/50 chance of it being heads. Each open safe does not increase the probability.

So are you saying that the out of 100 wall lockers obtained there a good chance not one has an emerald if your on 8th or 9th diamond.
Is that a con or what?
With that probability it be easier finding a colossal squid in the deep abyss.

Plus regardless if it comes 10 times heads in a row the probability is still 1 in 2 which this event it's not clear what the probability is so we are in the dark

Nicholost
03-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Plus regardless if it comes 10 times heads in a row the probability is still 2 in 1 which this event it's not clear what the probability is so we are in the dark

Which is exactly why money should not be spent. There's no way, absolutely no way, I will spend money gambling against odds that I don't understand. I would advise others do the same, not because Funzio is evil, but because you are taking a chance with an unknown outcome with real money.

Holicaholic
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
So are you saying that the out of 100 wall lockers obtained there a good chance not one has an emerald if your on 8th or 9th diamond.
Is that a con or what?
With that probability it be easier finding a colossal squid in the deep abyss.

Plus regardless if it comes 10 times heads in a row the probability is still 2 in 1 which this event it's not clear what the probability is so we are in the dark

I don't think the safe's contents are unique to each safe. If I read the statements regarding last event and this even then what essentially happens is this:

Imagine a roulette wheel, or a Wheel-of-Fortune wheel that has all the possible rewards for opening a safe/lockbox. The emerald only has 3 spots and everything else has let's say 5 spots a piece. Each time you open a safe the wheel is spun and you get what it lands on. As you progress further in the emerald hunt the spaces for the emeralds diminish in number or get smaller. They have stated that the last emerald is very hard to get, so I don't see the point in calling it a con when they've said that. Being in the dark on specifics doesn't mean we have been conned. I don't really see why knowing the probability would help you get the rewards any faster.

If you REALLY want to know the probability then maybe Allhaildiscordia would be able to access that information.

wilma
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=Nicholost;137579]The rate for emerald drops is gradually reduced as your total number of Emeralds increases.[\QUOTE]

That is not a algorithm that generates fun, but rather generates a lot of frustration and animosity. In general, players should be awarded the final item if they spent time and effort over the entire time frame opening lock boxes and wall safes.

Decision to use gold should align with the primary strategy, which is to "cut the line." Gold players should be able to just buy emeralds or diamonds; saving that time and effort.

wupuck
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Funzio hasn't gone against their word on this one, although they may have changed percentages or chances of success from the Diamond event. It's fair to give them a pass on not getting the tenth, but make no mistake, this is all about luring you in to buy gold. Why do you thing the first 7 emeralds were so easy? They get people right to the edge so that they can't resist.

then why did they lower the amount of time from 7 days to 6 plus an hour or two? 20 hours could make a big difference for these types of events.

Amber_
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Dude, I spent 1500 gold for the 9th emerald.. 700 is nothing in funzio world :P

schnuffler
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I would like to see a hard cap on the amount of gold it takes to get an emerald (or other variant of it in future events).

FWIW, I got 6 emeralds in the first couple of days of the event, mainly using in game $, but also a little gold. Since then I've seen no more emeralds. I feel relieved I made a deliberate decision to not buy more gold for this. Getting the end goal of fee free banking wasn't worth the real $$ cost of buying a metric butt load of gold for me.

I would reconsider this position if I knew there were a definite outcome with a fixed cost attached to it.

Swifty
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
yeah, what Amber said.

AppleMacGuy
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Dude, I spent 1500 gold for the 9th emerald.. 700 is nothing in funzio world :P

Yeah too true...as I posted on the 'I got the Emeral Burner' thread I expended around 2700 gold to get the last 2 emeralds...more fool me I suppose...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22159-I-got-the-Emerald-Burner!&p=137752&viewfull=1#post137752

(http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22159-I-got-the-Emerald-Burner!&p=137752&viewfull=1#post137752)

Nudie
03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I still have 8 emeralds. All with game cash. Tempted to use gold? Yes. Will I? Nawwww....

Fordboy76
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
597 225 598

kinghansen
03-19-2012, 04:04 PM

real fair? huh? bull****

It's not unfair. You spent your gold on an unknown chance at obtaining an emerald. For all you know it could be a 0.01% chance. Hypothetically, if Funzio stated that there was a 10% chance of getting an emerald and you opened 100 wall safes with no luck, then you could complain. But that is not the case. Plain and simple, you were fooled into Funzios trap to get players to purchase and spend gold.

I was dumb enough to do this as well on the past event. And that will be the first and only time I make the mistake of spending any money on this game. Thankfully it was only $5.

Plux
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
I had my Emerald burner 2 days ago, just milking for items respect points and money now. I'll be on $20m daily income in 3 days :-) The Bliss

erik
03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Great addition to xclusiv's thread Plux.

K@le
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I had my Emerald burner 2 days ago, just milking for items respect points and money now. I'll be on $20m daily income in 3 days :-) The Bliss

Good for you i seen you got it a few days back, you where better off with buying crates instead of this emerald burner.
I decided 3 days back that i would go for this item, just not worth al that gold... stuck at 8 for some days...i only get stupid items who dont count to stats or 25k in cash haha that is also nothing i pay 15k to open 1

mongorie
03-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Having read the Modern War forum there was this player who bought two vaults of gold and still didnt get the end prize. He was stuck on 8/10 i believe .
So it has come to my conclusion that if you are stuck at 7 or 8 when the closing deadline aproaches your chances of getting 10 are really really slim, even if you use gold to open.

xclusiv
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
response from funzio support:

Thank you for contacting the Funzio Support Team. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The Emerald gem has a 1 in 5 chance of dropping from an opened safe, along with money, Respect, mafia members, and items. Beyond that it comes down to chance and luck.

Swifty
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
And based on my own experience with other random chance drops in this game, that 1 in 5 chance could mean an 0 for 20 streak or even worse.

epicrecipe
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
20% chance of an emerald using gold?! If this were true, I would have used gold. But when I hear people dropping multiple *vaults* at $100 a pop, I'm priced out. This from someone that has spent $100s in game already.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM

Thank you for contacting the Funzio Support Team. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The Emerald gem has a 1 in 5 chance of dropping from an opened safe, along with money, Respect, mafia members, and items. Beyond that it comes down to chance and luck.

I'm giving conzio the benefit of the doubt for now as 1 in 5 is better then a dice but I still say it can take over 100 rolls to get six 10 times on a dice.

Xira
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Remember it took me 4500 gold to get emerald 9... Do the math on that...

<3 Hz
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Horse poo.

0 for 146 /= 1 in 5. Nowhere close.