PDA

View Full Version : What kind of event would YOU design?

epicrecipe
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
There has been a lot of frustration expressed around the Emerald wall safe event, namely the perception that one must spend a lot of gold and there still isn't a guarantee of getting the 10th emerald reward.

Would you play in an event where the reward was MUCH more certain, but you had to pay an admission fee to participate?

How about a series of tournament-style events, perhaps with rebuys, where winners are determined by some kind of mini-skill contest?

Or...? How would you design a fun, equitable event that encouraged players to spend RM?

Discuss.

wupuck
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
There has been a lot of frustration expressed around the Emerald wall safe event, namely the perception that one must spend a lot of gold and there still isn't a guarantee of getting the 10th emerald reward.

Would you play in an event where the reward was MUCH more certain, but you had to pay an admission fee to participate?

How about a series of tournament-style events, perhaps with rebuys, where winners are determined by some kind of mini-skill contest?

Or...? How would you design a fun, equitable event that encouraged players to spend RM?

Discuss.

I've already submitted this to Funzio:

Create an item that folks had to spend gold to purchase but it would allow folks to upgrade a 2nd building.

theONE
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
how about collect hookers in the next event XD

ruffy
03-18-2012, 11:53 PM
i would suggest being abit more transparent with the drop rate of whatever "gem" that is being used...

what most of us are angry is that we do not know the drop rate of the #9 and #10 gem to make a educated and well informed decision to whether to use gold...

having said that, its in the developer's interest to be as vague as possible so more will take the plunge... but funzio, beware, this strategy is going to lose you more customers than the gain in the gold sales...

G Wiz
03-19-2012, 12:00 AM
I've already submitted this to Funzio:

Create an item that folks had to spend gold to purchase but it would allow folks to upgrade a 2nd building.I see this as being one of the next big things. Upgrading or building more than one thing at a time would be pretty invaluable to anyone.

banix
03-19-2012, 02:35 AM
Yup..I do agree with you G Wiz ..Its true.