PDA

View Full Version : Measure of Mob Strength

Upper
03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I came up with this simple formula that helps me gauge how well I'm doing compared to those I'm fighting.

Mafia attack score/(#of mafia members*4)

mine is 8.3 because I've just increased my mafia size by quite a lot recently. I think anything below 5 warrants a serious look at your PVP strategy. I've seen people with a score of well over 40. That is the number in my mind as a goal. I won't let this number drop below 8 when increasing my mafia size. I went from mafia size 214 to 300 in the last couple of days.

Upper
03-18-2012, 09:03 PM
that means I take a lot of low level melee, armor and vehicles into battles

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
So why not just: (mafia attack score) / (# of mafia members)? That way you have the average attack per member without the arbitrary multiplier in the denominator. What's the purpose of that multiplier anyway?

Upper
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
# mafia X 4 = number of weapons taken into battle. I don't use explosives yet. It's essentially the average attack per weapon in your inventory that you take into battle. This score goes up when you decrease mafia.

Whoopdido1980
03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Well average attack per mafia member would go up too if you decrease mafia members. Thanks for the input but I don't think you need to multiply by 4. Just take attack score divided by mafia members. Mine is 38.4--19,180/500. That's pretty good for my level but nowhere near the top end. At my level (114) I've seen attack scores north of 30,000, so that would be 60+ per mafia member. Obviously some players have a per mafia member average in the hundreds.

And then once you get to a certain point, average per member really doesn't matter as all of your rivals will have 500 members (unless they go the 499 route) so at that point all that matters is total score.

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
# mafia X 4 = number of weapons taken into battle. I don't use explosives yet. It's essentially the average attack per weapon in your inventory that you take into battle. This score goes up when you decrease mafia.
I'm still not sure I understand the value in knowing your average attack score per weapon. I say this because it gives a false sense of value between weapon types. For instance, guns typically have much higher stats than vehicles, but your indicator implies that difference is small or nonexistant.

Plus, it's an unnecessarily finite view of the big picture. Average attack per mafia member, not item, is a better indicator because it can be used to compare the effect adding new members has on your overall stats. If the new member increases stats by a significantly smaller amount than the average per member, you know you are using really crappy weapons. If the new member increases stats close to the average, you are still providing you mafia with good equipment. Your indicator wont show that as clearly.

Honestly though, we need an indicator that will identify areas of weakness for each equipment type.

Kataya
03-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm a little confused reading about how some people have 2000 Mafia members it's my understanding you should have 5 per level other than that they can bring you down if you don't have enough weapons to outfit them all. I have thought about decreasing my mafia to increase my strength but I still don't know if it would help or not, I'm a little confused on this. What obvious benefit would having 2000 mob members bring to your stats? Im at level 85 I used your formula and divided my mafia attack of 13599 by the number of my members which is 451 it came out to just over 30. Can somebody explain if that's a good outcome and what that figure means? thanks I appreciate all your help have been confused about my members since the beginning. Any feed back is appreciated*

Murda
03-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Because i was uncomfortable not knowing what weapons i was using, I'll admit to keeping a spreadsheet of all my weapons owned, plugging in # of mafia shows me what each member adds, and also if I add new mafia, what they will be bringing.

I can also see what my scores would be if I added all the way up to 500. Obsessive, probably, a good use of time at work, definitely.

I also figure my strength by attack score/mafia.

Kataya
03-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Should I increase, decrease, or hold tight on my members?

Murda
03-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm a little confused reading about how some people have 2000 Mafia members it's my understanding you should have 5 per level other than that they can bring you down if you don't have enough weapons to outfit them all. I have thought about decreasing my mafia to increase my strength but I still don't know if it would help or not, I'm a little confused on this. What obvious benefit would having 2000 mob members bring to your stats? Im at level 85 I used your formula and divided my mafia attack of 13599 by the number of my members which is 451 it came out to just over 30. Can somebody explain if that's a good outcome and what that figure means? thanks I appreciate all your help have been confused about my members since the beginning. Any feed back is appreciated*

Anything over 500 does not count. You can only use 500 mafia. Having 2000 is just for someone that wants to brag about how many they have......

For your level and having 451 mafia, I'd say that's pretty good. You probably don't lose too many fights??? Check out those around you in level and mafia size to see what they have and their fight records to see how you compare.

Vile Lynn
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Mafia attack score/(#of mafia members*4)

heh, Mafia Mathematics

MR_M
03-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm still getting my head around the whole 'your profile A/D does NOT equal what other attackers can see'.

How do you explain how my profile A/D is 7121 / 8464, yet someone with a published (rival) profile is: 5382/8233 and he could rob me with an attack score so much lower than my defense? Same thing happened a few days back & he hit me up for nearly 15K!!

I'm level 69 & been playing for a few months, but this aspect of the game still confuses me..... :confused:

yshen
03-18-2012, 11:25 PM
12.9 zsnm zsnm

MR_M
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
12.9 zsnm zsnm

ahhh of course...that explains everything... :confused:

Again I got robbed overnight by 'gato' who has an attack score of 5475 yet still beat me every second attack (on my buildings anyway) - even though my profile Defence score is 8556 - can anyone please explain?

Upper
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
your defense score is halved when you are robbed. At least that's what this forum told me.

Burn
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Why multiply by 4?

Serves no purpose, so only exists to make the sum look more complex.

Might as well multiply by Pi, it looks smarter still :)

Plus Pi will give you a final number that also has decimal points. Decimal points always look more compelling to the uninitiated.

There is a downside though - if you show a number with decimal points to someone stupid, they will often strike you in the face with a bunched fist.

Of course if you are going to insist on using arbitrary multipliers for no reason other than fake complexity, well then you probably deserve a good punch on the nose anyway. :)

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Why multiply by 4?

Serves no purpose, so only exists to make the sum look more complex.

Might as well multiply by Pi, it looks smarter still :)

Plus Pi will give you a final number that also has decimal points. Decimal points always look more compelling to the uninitiated.

There is a downside though - if you show a number with decimal points to someone stupid, they will often strike you in the face with a bunched fist.

You people are so harsh on the poor guy at least he made a post, the formula is weird but he just want an average weapon stat per mafia.

So just for the record let put his formula in practice

12182/(123x5)=19.8per weapon as I have attacking explosives too

Burn
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Come on. I was joking.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Come on. I was joking.

I knew you was I just thought the pi statement was a classic, but instead put the formula in practice.