PDA

View Full Version : Best Advantage(s)?

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
For newcomers, increase Vault nonstop. This is number 1 priority for it costs little but takes a long time. This should be in constant upgrade. Second, Focus mainly on income for the advantages pay off rather quickly. (**SIDE NOTE: If a bit short on money, quickly travel to your allies bases, each base visited earns you $1,000)

For EVERYONE, when expanding your base, do not do the ordinary square. Try shapes and odd branches to one side. This disorientates the attacker in guessing how big your vault is. A confusing layout may give you a bit of an advantage in the long run.

Also, though it is fun to continue in leveling and attacking and unlocking new things all the time, CONSIDER camping for a short period. Maybe use this time to upgrade your unit/defense/boost/income buildings a bit. You will have the same type of rivals, yet be a bit more ahead in the game without leveling.

Everyone's strategy differs from another, though many share characteristics, these are some to consider. Add your input on decent advice, we'd love to here it! That's the point of the forum, right?(:

Food for thought, ciao. :D

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Side question: I know that gold units are indestructible, but is the gold boost building indestructible as well? I wouldn't want to buy it when it becomes available if it were to just get destroyed. Thanks in advance

Mcdoc
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Side question: I know that gold units are indestructible, but is the gold boost building indestructible as well? I wouldn't want to buy it when it becomes available if it were to just get destroyed. Thanks in advance

No buildings ever get destroyed. They can be raided, and even with slight damage - units are easily repaired with one click.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM

Yeah they can be raided, but you never lose them. It will always be there for you and serve it's purpose once you repair the damage.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah they can be raided, but you never lose them. It will always be there for you and serve it's purpose once you repair the damage.

OHHHHHH okay, I don't know bc I'm lvl 2, that makes more sense. Everyone uses the term "destroyed my boost building" and I was all bummed out. So basically, they damage the building then for you to receive its benefits again you have to repair it? What about Income buildings? when those are raided do they take some money and/or damage the building? I could use the insight, this will definitely overlook my future strategy

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM
OHHHHHH okay, I don't know bc I'm lvl 2, that makes more sense. Everyone uses the term "destroyed my boost building" and I was all bummed out. So basically, they damage the building then for you to receive its benefits again you have to repair it? What about Income buildings? when those are raided do they take some money and/or damage the building? I could use the insight, this will definitely overlook my future strategy

For money buildings both can happen. Players can only raid money buildings where the money hasn't been collected. If that happens, they obviously get some of the money, and it gets damaged. In order for it to start earning money again you'll have to tap on it to repair it and that also collects the remaining money you have for that building.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Do you now have gold, or are interested in getting gold? If so the composite factory, a boost building, is something to really consider because it boosts your unit defense up to 20% (at level 10). It won't be unlocked for awhile for you, but a good gold building to consider. Mcdoc will back me up on this one.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you now have gold, or are interested in getting gold? If so the composite factory, a boost building, is something to really consider because it boosts your unit defense up to 20% (at level 10). It won't be unlocked for awhile for you, but a good gold building to consider. Mcdoc will back me up on this one.

That was the EXACT building I was looking at. haha(: and thank you for your input. What do repairs usually cost? (I'm sure it differs from building to building, upgrade lvl to upgrade lvl) but whats a norm. and does it take time to repair? or instant

vball
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Well not sure about your strategy on the odd size base rather than a square. The square is the most efficient and allows you to add defensive units and maximize their effectiveness.

For those of us who attack regularly, an odd size base does not mean anything nor does a hidden value on a munitions depot or whatever. For me I usually raid it as I figure they are trying to hide the number. Sometimes though they are not and it is just hidden, but more often than not it yields a good result.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Well not sure about your strategy on the odd size base rather than a square. The square is the most efficient and allows you to add defensive units and maximize their effectiveness.

For those of us who attack regularly, an odd size base does not mean anything nor does a hidden value on a munitions depot or whatever. For me I usually raid it as I figure they are trying to hide the number. Sometimes though they are not and it is just hidden, but more often than not it yields a good result.

thanks for the input vball, it was merely a thought; for it clearly is not an observation of experience knowing I'm lvl 2. lol. also, ill go check out your base. **I'll try to guess your vault size** lol

vball
03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Vault size is 10 million. Maxed out on that and pretty much done with my base expansion too. I would venture most of the guys, Agent Orange, Digital Walker, War Priest and so on all are maxed on their vaults. Would be nice to see an increase as I am not strong enough to have 10 million hanging out there while trying to build the nano factory when the time is right.

One more income building and then all done with those too, so will be making my effort on maxing out my boost buildings and then income buildings.

Left over money will be used to increase my defensive units as I continue to level up.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
vball, my vault is only at 2.5 million tomorrow. The only reason I can keep millions and millions of dollars out is because my D score is like 5,000 points higher than everyone else on my rival list.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Random but... For those who play(ed) CC, why is the inflation so much?

CC visit hood: $100
MW visit base: $1000
CC 5 minute building (10): $413
MW 5 minute buillding (10): $3,000

CC average lvl 75: Att (20k) Def (25k)
MW average lvl 75: Att (7k) Def (8k)

Interesting in the HUGE difference of such similar assets...

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Also with the odd shaped base, buildings don't fit as smoothly, and it doesn't look so great. And a heads up, don't buy decorations unless it's for a goal. Because most players can't see them anyways. Funzio has it set up like that for memory and lag purposes.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Random but... For those who play(ed) CC, why is the inflation so much?

CC visit hood: $100
MW visit base: $1000
CC 5 minute building (10): $413
MW 5 minute buillding (10): $3,000

CC average lvl 75: Att (20k) Def (25k)
MW average lvl 75: Att (7k) Def (8k)

Interesting in the HUGE difference of such similar assets...

I kind of play CC, and the answer is because buildings and units cost so much. To upgrade a lot of the buildings to 10 will cost you millions and millions. Just to upgrade the diamond mine to level 2 costs 10 million, imagine level 10. I am not sure anybody has an answer to how much the diamond mine for level 10 costs. But yeah, it's because things are much more expensive than in CC.

Mcdoc
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Dude - the title of this post looked like a question - then your post read like a FNG guide - and now it looks like the FNG trying to lay out a guide for FNG's - LoL

The fact that you don't know what an FNG is makes you the FNG - LoL

Anyway - your desire to help people is admirable - and funny thing is that the responses and corrections to your statements will actually flush out some great insight for those reading the post - so if your not sure about something - please phrase it like a question instead of as a fact to avoid confusion for people who read part of the post and don't come back for the rest of the story. I'm truly not busting your balls - just requesting some caution on statements if you aren't sure - honestly - pose it as a question and someone will give you a very precise answer - and then your thread will be a source of knowledge and not a source of confusion.

And yes - I'll back up the Priest On the value of the Composite Bldg. if you aren't ever going to buy more gold - save your 10 that you for for free for that Bldg when you level up enough to purchase it. It is by far the bang for your free gold and over the long run will give you the biggest advantage in the future - since that was the title of this thread :)

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Dude - the title of this post looked like a question - then your post read like a FNG guide - and now it looks like the FNG trying to lay out a guide for FNG's - LoL

The fact that you don't know what an FNG is makes you the FNG - LoL

Anyway - your desire to help people is admirable - and funny thing is that the responses and corrections to your statements will actually flush out some great insight for those reading the post - so if your not sure about something - please phrase it like a question instead of as a fact to avoid confusion for people who read part of the post and don't come back for the rest of the story. I'm truly not busting your balls - just requesting some caution on statements if you aren't sure - honestly - pose it as a question and someone will give you a very precise answer - and then your thread will be a source of knowledge and not a source of confusion.

And yes - I'll back up the Priest On the value of the Composite Bldg. if you aren't ever going to buy more gold - save your 10 that you for for free for that Bldg when you level up enough to purchase it. It is by far the bang for your free gold and over the long run will give you the biggest advantage in the future - since that was the title of this thread :)

fricken new guy? no matter if I'm right or not, it does make me an FNG i guess. anyways, thanks for that input. Ill be sure to avoid. I guess I just figured that people who seek knowledge should know better than to just take the FIRST advice given as gold. But then again there are those ppl.

Knowledge is Power. Power wins Battles(:

War Priest
03-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Dreno, are you a gold player in Crime City?

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Dreno, are you a gold player in Crime City?

haven't BOUGHT gold. we have the option to earn free gold through tapjoy... why?

EDIT: HEY COOL!! I'm considered a senior member now(:

War Priest
03-18-2012, 11:12 PM
haven't BOUGHT gold. we have the option to earn free gold through tapjoy... why?

EDIT: HEY COOL!! I'm considered a senior member now(:

Congrats man, you've reached 100 posts. And just wondering. I am glad that tapjoy doesn't provide gold for modern war. Wouldn't be as fun for those who put real money into here.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Congrats man, you've reached 100 posts. And just wondering. I am glad that tapjoy doesn't provide gold for modern war. Wouldn't be as fun for those who put real money into here.

I WILL buy gold through here tho, once they bring out a sale. They did in CC (20 or 40% off can't remember) tempting, but didnt need it. just need some gold in here for the unit defense boost building and maybe an income building later

War Priest
03-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, when ever those 20% OFF sales come out, it goes on the same time for CC and MW. They hardly ever come out though. Twice since I was playing I believe. The last one that came out, I was so angry. I bought a bunch of gold a few hours before the sale started.