PDA

View Full Version : 499 mafia cowards..

omnus
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Please tell me they at least cannot pursue the Thug Life goals against people with 500 mafia.

I have past up lucrative robberies against those with 500, just to find someone at 499 to clear out.

Xira
03-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Nope they can. 0 penalty for 499 except a few attack/defense points. Like it has been stated previously, maybe we should all just sit at 499 until they fix it.

Dipstik
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I see 499 mafia on my rival list and they're the first person I check out. If they care enough to hold back like that, it's more likely I'll find good buildings to rob. Thug life comes easily enough.

Aid
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
See my post under the suggestion section. I think they should amend, if 499 or under the reward is 50 respect points, and every fifth thug life give them a tommy gun or combat boots. Refresh refresh and way too many sitting at 499 or less.

<3 Hz
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I stay above 500 because I'm gonna get beaten no matter what. At least with 500 you have somewhat of a better chance fending someone off.

mnju_03
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I agree. I get the crap kicked out of me anyways. Take it like a champ!

DCjG
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't know about you guys but at my level 99% of the folks out there are at 499. This puts anyone at 500 at a severe disadvantage unless theyre in the top 1%, which most at 500 are. Land mines aren't cheap.

It's a problem for sure but its a bit silly to call people cowards. If a tornado strikes, I'm hiding out in my bathroom. Coward... no. Smart, reactionary thinking... yes.

Give it a day or two for the feeding frenzy to die down and folks will be right back up there at 500. Same as last time.

dudeman
03-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I remember once being a 499er. I know I had a rational explanation at the time, but I can't remember what it was now.

499 is pointless in terms of actual gains. The only thing it really does is hinder your rivals' ability to make progress on their TL goals.

New Hardcore Hitman goals don't appear on the goals list until the prerequisite is met, which is simply to reach the next level. Thug Life goals should work the same way, only appearing on the list once a prerequisite of X mafia is met, where X = the number of mafia required of rivals for that goal (to make TL consistent through the earlier <500 mafia rounds).

I'm still not in complete agreement that 499ers are all cowards, but I do suspect that a lot of them know they aren't gaining anything with that strategy and are just being jerks.

omnus
03-18-2012, 07:59 PM
The 499 coward will put up the front making it a waste of stamina to attack them, but have absolutely no qualms about attacking you for the same goal. They are not hiding in the basement at that point, but trying to wave the white flag until you turn your back.

Nudie
03-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Instead of complaining about the 499 cowards, let's sing the praises of the 500 Heroes.

DCjG
03-18-2012, 08:10 PM
The 499 coward will put up the front making it a waste of stamina to attack them, but have absolutely no qualms about attacking you for the same goal. They are not hiding in the basement at that point, but trying to wave the white flag until you turn your back.

Yeah, I don't think anyone does it with any sort of honor. I think they're blatantly trying to eek out some edge over other players. You could say that about any part of this game though. Using that logic, farming, camping and buying gold are all cheap tactics and could eqaully be called cowards.

It's "dog eat dog" and you do what you feel you gotta do to get yours.

DCjG
03-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Instead of complaining about the 499 cowards, let's sing the praises of the 500 Heroes.

Brave anyway. Unless of course they're already at the top of the food chain which means they just don't care, lol.

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Funzio should add a TL goal to attack 50 people with 499 mafia right in the middle of the other goals. Or better yet, to ensure 498 doesn't become the next 499, attack 50 people with fewer mafia than you.

Upper
03-18-2012, 08:23 PM
what's the point to being at 499. Makes no sense. As long as you are putting your money in the bank, it shouldn't really affect you much if they beat up on you. It only affects your record. I don't really see this as a problem since there are plenty of rivals I can beat that have well over 500 mafia. If they want to be at 499, then rob the heck out of them.

DCjG
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
You guys obviously haven't heard of defensive explosives. Also, it's really annoying to pull out some cash for the lock boxes a minute early only to have someone hit you right at that moment. Normally, you aren't pulling cash out every hour and, normally, you don't have the world singling you out because you're the only one at 500.

If it was 50% 499/500, I'd say it was a wash but it isn't. On the one hand you have probably 90% of everyone out there looking to do these missions. The 10% that are looking to punish the 499ers can throw a dart to find a target. There are a significant amount of folks doing it that picking one out of that crowd is almost the same as random hits.

Steve0
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I am in the 499 club, I dont do the thug life right now, since things got nerfed i am sorda camping and robbing LM, and CA, only fight if they have cash on hand. There are many players with 500 or more to hit.

erik
03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Lets just make a list of all the 499ers. It will allow them to own their strategy with pride, and it will give them an equal opportunity to participate in an attack oriented 'goal' program. Without this, they could be denied the opportunity once most goals for others were met, and they add one more member.

Bruiser
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
You guys obviously haven't heard of defensive explosives. Also, it's really annoying to pull out some cash for the lock boxes a minute early only to have someone hit you right at that moment. Normally, you aren't pulling cash out every hour and, normally, you don't have the world singling you out because you're the only one at 500.

Well put...

Steve0
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I would be up for that Erik. If i am not up to 500 i could not participate.

qwikster
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
no harm in having 499 or less mafia size. totally legit. just one strategy among many in CC.

erik
03-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Steve0 , in my scenario, the current 499ers would participate in every instance, even once they go to 500! :)

erik
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree whocares. I don't think funzio should get involved in this issue in any way. I do think everyone needs to own their strategies consequences positive and negative.

In a PVP game where one strategy may negatively affect other players, I think it is great fun when others respond! Some stronger than others. A little rivalry keeps things interesting.

Vile Lynn
03-18-2012, 10:20 PM
The 499 coward will put up the front making it a waste of stamina to attack them, but have absolutely no qualms about attacking you for the same goal.
I don't think you were talking about me, but I have posted in-game on a friend's wall, something to that effect when the first 499'ers showed up in mass... I said something like i get attacked way less when I'm at 499. When I'm at 500, players attack me but almost always lose so they don't waste their stamina if I'm 499. (wasting their stamina = losing fight) It wasn't "a front" for me; I was a much stronger player a few months ago, I've sorta settled back a bit, just chillin' with the game, heh-heh. I would also only attack HL players that attacked me first & lost, so yeah, I had no qualms about attacking players 20-30 levels above me & beating them over & over until they were off my news. They didn't mind picking on levels way lower than them. lol, justice! Hoo-rah!
I have over 500 now. I check out 499'ers for Hardcore Hitman Rounds; lots are really strong players so it surprises me how many 499'ers have high stats.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
I got 499 problems, but attacks aint one.

mongorie
03-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I've just dropped to 499 mafia.
I'm urging everyone else to do it also so Funzio can code it in such a way that 499 cannot receive the 500 mafia thug goal missions.
If we all did it maybe they will think of this as a severe imbalance to the game

schnuffler
03-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Honestly, I think the only time Funzio are going to respond to an issue like this is if they think it's a situation where people can achieve something without spending gold.

DD's and M4A1's allowed people to get their attack and defence up quite high without having to purchase gold. Now they can't.

So unless someone can draw a fairly impeccable line linking 499 with no purchasing gold, I suspect your pleas will fall on deaf ears.

dudeman
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I got 499 problems, but attacks aint one.

Yeah man. My news is greener than my buds, and with way less red hairs too. The 499ers are trying and failing, wasting stamina, wasting time, doing pointless stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it is what it is.

You 499ers sure are making it harder for yourselves to find 500+ targets. I don't doubt that beat-able targets exist, but how many are too beat up? How any refreshes does it take you to find target rivals? Don't you wish your time could be better spent?

Shoes
03-19-2012, 03:38 AM
I am sure you are all seeing the same wave of dodgers hiding behind 499 as I am. I do really think Funzio should address this tactic as it does go against their mantra of balance and fairness for all players. I appreciate that you can argue that gold vs free vs farmers vs forum members lalala etc and the need for balance till the end of time but each option is personal choice and we all buy our advantages using stamina/energy/time/rm but by hiding behind 499 and still competing in the TL goals is wrong. I will not drop down to 499 avoid a fight with my rivals. I am rather striving to get stronger to take the battle to them. Hey Funzio why not reward players who stay 500+ and take part in TL/pvp with say an extra rp?

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 05:28 AM
I am a 500 hero

I have never dropped my mafia to 499. It stops other players achieving their goals.

If everyone dropped their mafia to 499 no one would be able to do achive thug life goals.

That being said... I understand why people do drop to 499. I also understand why certain people push past women and kids to get to life rafts when boats are sinking.

Kerosene
03-19-2012, 05:37 AM
I also understand why certain people push past women and kids to get to life rafts when boats are sinking.

Really? You understand why certain people push past women and kids to get to life rafts when boats are sinking? Explain, please. I don't see the "comparison" even remotely. This is a game, not life & death, lol. Not like your defense stops other players from achieving their goals, right?

ReaperZer0
03-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Can someone explain what being at 499 does? I feel like I'm not understanding what it does. I'm not even that high a level yet anyway.

Swearengen
03-19-2012, 05:54 AM
While I am not a HL player yet, just reaching lvl 80 with around 300 mafia, I totally agree with the idea of not being a 499'er when you reach the higher levels but why should funzio get involved? I am sick of all the "unbalance" claims. The M4 thing, the DD changes, the crates, etc...It is what it is. I only got 100 M4’s, wish I had more, but oh well. Gamers should have options and different strategies or this game is going to get old quick.

Max Power
03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Really? You understand why certain people push past women and kids to get to life rafts when boats are sinking? Explain, please. I don't see the "comparison" even remotely. This is a game, not life & death, lol. Not like your defense stops other players from achieving their goals, right?

What he is saying is that it is a viable strategy, just not an honorable one.

I agree.

It's one thing if all the 499ers were just trying to avoid fights because they were weak, but they are actively going out to try and achieve the goals they are preventing their fellow players from achieving. Pussy move. I would rather lose fighting fair than win like that. Not that this game has an actual winner.

That being said, my rival lists the last 18 hours has a lot more 500s on it. I think Funzio is playing with the rival list algorithm. 2 days ago I would have to refresh 3 times to find even one 500 member, now it is almost the opposite.

mnju_03
03-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I want to reduce my mafia to just 1. Boom tough actin tanactin.

ogel45
03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
I'll join the 499 club only after it gets to the point where I can no longer find anyone I have a chance of beating at 500. (And it's getting close to that now)

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
What he is saying is that it is a viable strategy, just not an honorable one.

I agree.

It's one thing if all the 499ers were just trying to avoid fights because they were weak, but they are actively going out to try and achieve the goals they are preventing their fellow players from achieving. Pussy move.

Exactly that... Its comparable to going into a boxing match with your shorts pulled up to your neck. Stating the no hitting below the waist band rule, walking up to your opponent pulling his shorts down to his ankles and then saying right lets get it on!

499's dont want to get attacked... but still are happy to attack every one else.

Dipstik
03-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Game balance requires that if a particular "strategy" becomes so dominant that there is really no point to playing the game any other way, that strategy should be weakened in some way. Additionally, this "strategy" effectively removes one aspect of the game that the developers have chosen to implement... the "thug life" goals. Going from 499 to 500 mafia increases your stats by an average of what? 50 attack/defense out of 25-30k or so? It lets you build the nightclub, but am I right to assume that you can go to 500, build your nightclub, and then axe one of your mafia to go back to 499?

By contrast, hanging at 499 mafia lowers someone's incentive to hit you dramatically. Unless you're holding cash on hand, there's no reason to attack any particular person if it doesn't advance the thug life/hardcore hitman goals. It gets worse if, as I hear, the high level players are 90% under 500 mafia... that means the few people who actually have 500 are preyed upon CONSTANTLY by the others who need to complete attack goals. That only increases their incentive to drop below 500 to stop the attacks.

Has that "ghost mafia" bug been fixed yet? I'm convinced to drop to 499 until it's fixed. You've got to be part of the problem before they'll fix it.

erik
03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I loved that illustration JC, lol. In fairness, that lifeboat I got in surely did better with me rowing over that group of nuns?

Well, at least the higher level players aren't as super strategically smart as the mid-high players because it is still a breeze to get 500s up here. Everyone 140 and below seem to be just choking themselves off.

Nicholost
03-19-2012, 08:58 AM
...walking up to your opponent pulling his shorts down to his ankles and then saying right lets get it on!

Joey, you just won the Out of Context Quote of the Day Award!

Amber_
03-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I am a 500 hero

I have never dropped my mafia to 499. It stops other players achieving their goals.

If everyone dropped their mafia to 499 no one would be able to do achive thug life goals.

That being said... I understand why people do drop to 499. I also understand why certain people push past women and kids to get to life rafts when boats are sinking.

Well put. There's no players I hate more than the 499-cowards. The only reason to have 499 mafia is to prevent others from achieving goals and earn respect. The same people will gladly attack you for the same goal though. How is it fair that some people (the ones with 500) should take beatings all day while the others hide under a rock? If everyone would have 500 mafia, the beatings would be spread out evenly and players that attacks for goals would also take beatings so that others could reach their goals too.

I have absolutely no respect for 499 mob players. I attack and rob them far more than players with 500 mob. I usually leave them a nice little message too.

Btw, I spoke to the funzio staff about this. They were very friendly (as usual) but said they havent heard of this issue before. The guy told me they would look into it. If more people write to them about this, I'm sure they will do something about it. The best way to fix it would of course be to only be able to attack players with 500 mobs if you have 500 yourself.

dudeman
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I have absolutely no respect for 499 mob players.
Snip
The best way to fix it would of course be to only be able to attack players with 500 mobs if you have 500 yourself.

Or don't award respect to 499ers for TL goal completion. The other players don't respect them, so the game shouldn't give them any respect coins.

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Amber... do you still have a copy of that email you sent?

If you post it on here people could send it to support but just swap your name for their own.

Dipstik
03-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I think the best way to fix it is to make the "thug life" goals tied to your own mafia size. If you're not 500 mafia, you don't get the 500 mafia thug life goals. Just like the Hardcore Hitman goals open up when you reach a particular level. You can hide from them, but then you don't get to benefit from them.

Rocky35
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I clicked "Attack" for 500 people; I clicked "Rob" for 499er. Been doing this for a few days now, worked out well.

Max Power
03-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Btw, I spoke to the funzio staff about this. They were very friendly (as usual) but said they havent heard of this issue before. The guy told me they would look into it. If more people write to them about this, I'm sure they will do something about it. The best way to fix it would of course be to only be able to attack players with 500 mobs if you have 500 yourself.

How on earth can this be? What the hell are they doing over there?

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 10:25 AM
How on earth can this be? What the hell are they doing over there?

I believe most of Funzio's employees are tasked with counting money.

Swearengen
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
The best way to fix it would of course be to only be able to attack players with 500 mobs if you have 500 yourself.

That makes sense...

Spoon86
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

Aid
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
If Funzio reads the forums as they claim they surely have seen multiple posts about this issue over a span of months.

Swifty
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
They see everything.

Acting on it is a completely different matter.

I can imagine the Funzio supervisor saying, "If they ask, just tell them we will look into it."

G Wiz
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Goes to show where the word stops and the action takes place. But fortunately for all of us, Fizzle seems to be reading and writing so this will be another tool in our box!

jobadass
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
You are all my heroes, and I fly through Thug Life with 499 mafia.
I guess, to be fair, I should have to have 500 mafia to compete...maybe.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Can someone explain what being at 499 does? I feel like I'm not understanding what it does. I'm not even that high a level yet anyway.

Whne someone is persuing thug life they look to attack ppl with 500 mafia...no less. I lowered my mafia, which took forever months ago, and the attacks slowed way down. Most of you who attack me because you are 499 haters lose anyway. I think I should get credit for those wins, as well.

Swifty
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Technically, I am a 410 mafia coward.

Get it right.

Joe Brown1
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey, I was an involuntary 499er at one point. Stuck at 499 and had 5 invites outstanding with no acceptance - lesson is apparently, don't invite when people have spring break or something. Finally, they are coming in. I wasn't feeling the love - thought maybe my mafia stepped in something. Finally at 500 ready for some good mixups.:cool:

Whip88
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I am a 498R does that put me in the coward category still?

jobadass
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Exactly that... Its comparable to going into a boxing match with your shorts pulled up to your neck. Stating the no hitting below the waist band rule, walking up to your opponent pulling his shorts down to his ankles and then saying right lets get it on!

499's dont want to get attacked... but still are happy to attack every one else.
You are totally wrong! The Spartens only brought 300.
If I lowered my mafia to 300 would you feel better about it? (Not like I would do that)
Seriously though, I could make the same argument for Campers, Farmers, and Big gold spenders. What ever happened to playing the way you want to play.

Ok, I should have put all of these replys in one, I just can't believe that people get all worked up and want to demand that someone doesn't play the way you want them to.

Whip88
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
If I lowered my mafia to 300 would you feel better about it? (Not like I would do that)
Seriously though, I could make the same argument for Campers, Farmers, and Big gold spenders. What ever happened to playing the way you want to play.

Ok, I should have put all of these replys in one, I just can't believe that people get all worked up and want to demand that someone doesn't play the way you want them to.

I said exactly this in another thread, there are many strategic ways to play this game, so play it how you want.

All you 499 haters come and get it!

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Erm... No. Its unfair.

If you dont have 500 mafia. You shouldnt be able to compete in thug life goals.

You are stopping others achieve their goals. So you should not be able to participate.

Its not really the fault of the player. Many people are happy to use underhand tactics if it gives them an advantage. Funzio should stop people competing in thug life unless you have 500 mafia. If this was the case I'm sure you would all very quickly raise your mafia.

Dropping to less than 500 is an underhand tactic that ruins the game for other players who are trying to achieve their goals.

You can not compare it to camping or farming. These tactics take months of effort and hard work. They are the core of the game... to increase your stats. Not hide behind lowering your stats in the hope that it will stop people attacking you because you know they cant get their goals achievement if they attack you.

But Sure... play how you want.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I said exactly this in another thread, there are many strategic ways to play this game, so play it how you want.

All you 499 haters come and get it!
Whipp, I'll glady add you to my mob, bringing me back up to 500!!! then delete someone who is at level 20, and has been for the last 6 months.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Erm... No. Its unfair.

If you dont have 500 mafia. You shouldnt be able to compete in thug life goals.

You are stopping others achieve their goals. So you should not be able to participate.

Its not really the fault of the player. Many people are happy to use underhand tactics if it gives them an advantage. Funzio should stop people competing in thug life unless you have 500 mafia. If this was the case I'm sure you would all very quickly raise your mafia.

Dropping to less than 500 is an underhand tactic that ruins the game for other players who are trying to achieve their goals.

You can not compare it to camping or farming. These tactics take months of effort and hard work. They are the core of the game... to increase your stats. Not hide behind lowering your stats in the hope that it will stop people attacking you because you know they cant get their goals achievement if they attack you.

But Sure... play how you want.
I did say that if Funzio changed the rules (again) and made it so I had to have 500 to compete, not only do I think it would be fair, I'd jump on board. It just seems to me that people get so damned mad when funzio changes things to try to even things out, but yet there is a large part that hates this go around. I can still be attacked, you just don't get Thug Life credit.
To be completly honest, most, not all, people at my level can't beat me and it's because I farmed M4s for a long time. Nothing underhanded about it. Also, I'm somewhat of a camper, I realized my A/D was sub par around level 65 which I reached quickly, so I slowed down and started building stats.

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 04:22 PM
To be completly honest, most, not all, people at my level can't beat me and it's because I farmed M4s for a long time. Nothing underhanded about it.

So what on earth are you at 499 for then. If you are not weak and hardly anyone can beat you. Why lower your mob to 499?

Whip88
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Whipp, I'll glady add you to my mob, bringing me back up to 500!!! then delete someone who is at level 20, and has been for the last 6 months.

910 776 336

Ill gladly add you.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM
So what on earth are you at 499 for then. If you are not weak and hardly anyone can beat you. Why lower your mob to 499?

For whatever reason: since I was in the mid level 80s I have been able to be attacked by those 20-50 levels above me. I couldn't be expected to defend that! I dropped to 499, and it stopped. Wins/losses don't give any rewards, but it sucks to be beaten on with out a chance. As I go through my rivals list, I try hard not to hit the same player again, at least not on the same day. I'm sure it's happened, but I'm not trying to ruin the game for anyone else.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
910 776 336

Ill gladly add you.
request sent

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 04:37 PM
For whatever reason: since I was in the mid level 80s I have been able to be attacked by those 20-50 levels above me. I couldn't be expected to defend that! I dropped to 499, and it stopped. Wins/losses don't give any rewards, but it sucks to be beaten on with out a chance. As I go through my rivals list, I try hard not to hit the same player again, at least not on the same day. I'm sure it's happened, but I'm not trying to ruin the game for anyone else.

Yeah mate... Its the same for every single player in the game. We all get attacked by higher level players.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah mate... Its the same for every single player in the game. We all get attacked by higher level players.
Well, I never see anyone more than +/- 5 levels me on my rivals list and like it that way. I may be a 499 coward, but I don't want to bully someone at level 90 when I'm 130.
I've gotta go for now, gotta buy a boat load of explosives to ward off all the attacks you haters are gonna bring:)
Good luck and happy gaming!

Plux
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm going to have 500 for about 5 seconds to achieve the Job and reward then Fire one of my Mafia. 499 is the right way, its a good defensive measure.

Spoon86
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
499ers get attacted less then 500s, Its a good strategy.
But Funzio will find a way to make gold bars off it, its in the works.

Remove M4A1
Move DD
Pay 100 gold bars to make everyone 500 mob on your list.

DCjG
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I respect everyones opinion on this matter but let's be honest. This game never was and never will be "fair". It's a game where unlimited money equals unlimited power. Why try to infuse some sense of honor into a game with a pay to play structure where the mantra is robbing and stealing from others?

Most of those people that are "honorable" are simply nonchalant due to being relatively stronger in the first place.

I agree that this should be fixed somehow. I'm also of the unpopular opinion that non-gold players should have an opportunity to compete with gold players. I like things like no bank fees and extra respect for gold buyers because a non-gold player can achieve the same end state... Just with a lot more effort. Unfortunately, the game is not so idealistic as that.

If you're a poor sap that can't spend thousands on the game I think you should take every advantage you can get. If that means dropping to 499 to conserve money on those expensive explosives, good for you. Smart players capitalize on opportunities. Chances are it'll be nerfed or changed at some point so milk things while you can. By exposing the issues so blatantly, you do your part in exposing the problems that need attention.

DCjG
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
499ers get attacted less then 500s, Its a good strategy.
But Funzio will find a way to make gold bars off it, its in the works.

Remove M4A1
Move DD
Pay 100 gold bars to make everyone 500 mob on your list.

Nice one. Sadly, this would not surprise me.

jobadass
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
To prove a point, Whip and I became "friends" 20 minutes ago. Been attacked by 14 players (me being at 500 now) none of them beat me but my news feed is all screwed up and apparently Funzio is having a problem with a server (LOL) and I can't delete another player

upsman_17
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Only problem is even if Funzio changed the Thug life requirement and made it so you had to have 500 to compete, what would stop someone from keeping mob requests on hand so they could mob up to 500 to complete their own thug life goals? But then once they are done playing delete 1 mob to go back and sit at 499 until they come back to play and then they just mob up to 500 again. They'd have to put in some kind of timer where you couldn't do thug life until you were at 500 for maybe 8 hours or something like that.

JaceD
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I know you all hate 499 mafia players but how do you feel about having a much lower mafia? I've never had a full mafia for my level even before they brought thug life back because I like having a high attack per mafia. At level 109 I have 310 mafia members and don't plan on going to 500 until I have enough vehicles for my whole mob. I do attack 500 players when they show on my rival list which is about half the time.

upsman_17
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I know you all hate 499 mafia players but how do you feel about having a much lower mafia? I've never had a full mafia for my level even before they brought thug life back because I like having a high attack per mafia. At level 109 I have 310 mafia members and don't plan on going to 500 until I have enough vehicles for my whole mob. I do attack 500 players when they show on my rival list which is about half the time.

I'm level 96 but only have 260 mafia. For awhile I was only increasing mafia to match my M4 numbers and was at 230 when they nerfed them. Since then I've gone up another 30 and still am very strong for my level and rarely get robbed successfully. I'll go up to about 300 or so but I need to get stronger armor weapons still. Eventually I will go up to 500 probably but I don't want to until my mafia is properly outfitted. I am lacking in vehicles too. I WAS planning on DDs solving that problem but....well...yeah, we know how that went.
I don't think there is a problem with lower mafia totals while you are building up proper weapons. It's a better plan than the rivals I come across with 450 mafia and only 300 armor, what's the point if your not equipped?

erik
03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with having a strategy employed to grow with your gear. It is completely different. I was employing it before the 500 issue even arose, although close enough that I powered to 500 to avoid any question (and NYCPizzalover visiting again :)

Steve0
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
so more people complain