PDA

View Full Version : I got the Emerald Burner!

Ram
03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Damn it feels good to have free banking!

http://i43.tinypic.com/rirvqg.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/25f0j6c.png

Look at that shiny and sexy green gun!

URDead
03-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Congrats. I am super jealous. Just one emerald away!

<3 Hz
03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Screw you!

just kidding

Glad to see someone got it. How many safes did it take you?

Santa
03-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Gratz Ram. Soooo jealous. My parents won't buy me any gold.

Anyone got any free iTunes cards? LOL.

Ram
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Glad to see someone got it. How many safes did it take you?

I dunno... maybe 60?

no gold used! just in game cash.

Swearengen
03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
nice job...

kinghansen
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I dunno... maybe 60?

That's insane man. I can't believe you got it without gold!

<3 Hz
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I dunno... maybe 60?

You're a real lucky player for sure. You should play lottery lol

Ram
03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
You're a real lucky player for sure. You should play lottery lol

I will fly to Rio and get crazy with all the women down there! :cool:

sez
03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Nice, Gratz. I decided to not use gold this event and have been at 7 for 2 days. Can't complain about the 500RP x 5/6 I have got though.

dudeman
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Some kind and generous person credited me with 60g to use on the event. I am torn between using it as it was intended to be used, or getting an Erin Go Boom. Guaranteed useful item, or 4 open safes.

It's the classic choice between the known prize and the mystery box. The box could have something better, or it could be a zonk.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
1 gren aint isht!

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Some kind and generous person credited me with 60g to use on the event. I am torn between using it as it was intended to be used, or getting an Erin Go Boom. Guaranteed useful item, or 4 open safes.

It's the classic choice between the known prize and the mystery box. The box could have something better, or it could be a zonk.

Erin Go Boom without question. Even the best wall safe items are only mediocre compared to a non-consumable explosive. Plus, you can look at non-consumable explosives as always adding 100% of their stats because they can never be replaced by a consumable explosive. Eventually, a consumable explosive will get used and the non-consumable will replace it.

Aid
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Congrats, and enjoy the free banking

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Some kind and generous person credited me with 60g

Sigh... I wish some kind person would credit me with 60G.

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Sigh... I wish some kind person would credit me with 60G.

I know a kind and generous person who game me more than that. Thank you, buddy. If I could give you 60G back, I would.

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Point to ponder.

Was the Emerald burner called so, because it burnt the M4's into rusty ones.

Congratulation Ram, being the first forum user to obtain the 10 emerald without the need of using gold, at conzio they must be so hurt that next event 25 gold to open or reset the boxes.

We need alot more none gold buyers to get the emerald so good luck to yah all.

Ram
03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys!!!!

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I know a kind and generous person who game me more than that. Thank you, buddy. If I could give you 60G back, I would.

It would be nice if Funzio ran a few promotions on here for free gold to us wouldnt it.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Point to ponder.

Was the Emerald burner called so, because it burnt the M4's into rusty ones.

Congratulation Ram, being the first forum user to obtain the 10 emerald without the need of using gold, at conzio they must be so hurt that next event 25 gold to open or reset the boxes.

We need alot more none gold buyers to get the emerald so good luck to yah all.

How you getting on out of interest Fig Oni?

Nudie
03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Good job! Well done! I'm still on 7 emeralds and will probably end with 7 emeralds.

kimberleyj
03-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I have now got it at a cost of a vault and 290 gold plus tapjoy gold. I don't know how people got the gun without using gold, I opened at least 17 boxes a day without gold for 4 days. It took over 90 boxes.

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
How you getting on out of interest Fig Oni?

I'm going good 8 emeralds so far, been 8 for the past 51 hours but still staying positive in at least getting 9 as it better being closer to the 10.
All attempts middle option blowtorch bar 2 accidental free opens and I once accidentally wasted 15 gold resetting the timer with only 15 sec to go.

Dipstik
03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
They REALLY need a confirmation click...

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Haha! I've done it twice this event as well; both with less than 1 minute on the clock. While a PITA to go through the ticket process, they have promptly refunded my money. Love 'em or hate 'em, they do have great customer service.

Imsuperduperawesome
03-18-2012, 08:42 PM
congrats!! I just got my 6th emerald! im hoping ill find the rest soon enough!

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Haha! I've done it twice this event as well; both with less than 1 minute on the clock. While a PITA to go through the ticket process, they have promptly refunded my money. Love 'em or hate 'em, they do have great customer service.

If I end up with 10 emeralds then it won't be such a loss, but if not I might email them for it back.
Wouldn't been so bad if after the accidental resetting the wall locker opened on the cash pick.

banix
03-19-2012, 02:40 AM
WOw..!! That's great . I like this ...

doug19
03-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Just got my 10th emerald!! Spent gold on it though but still (I blame the girlfriend, she talked me into buying another 650 bars just now haha)

Max Power
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I bought 2 1500 gold patches and I am still stuck on 8.

At this point, I don't much care though, Funzio has seen their last dime out of me.

Luke 3457
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm very happy for you! But are you sure your not a closet gold spender? Or have frequent black outs where you purchase gold and reset the timer and open wall safes? Lol

wupuck
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Damn it feels good to have free banking!

http://i43.tinypic.com/rirvqg.png

Look at that shiny and sexy green gun!

I was just about to ask if anyone got this. Because it seemed like a scam up to this point. I've dropped enough gold to open 14 safes. Only got 1 emerald and a bunch of other useless crap. AND i'm stuck at 7. I believe I've opened close to 70 safes now.

Joeycool
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
You need to open twice that amount mate. More like 160 for most people.

wupuck
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I bought 2 1500 gold patches and I am still stuck on 8.

At this point, I don't much care though, Funzio has seen their last dime out of me.

I've been consistently sending support my ideas and thoughts and arguments to be a better gaming company and not follow the Storm8 method.

I don't play Zynga games, maybe someone can fill me in.

Funzio to me appears to be their own worst enemy. Their games are interesting, innovative and very dynamic unlike the other two companies (IMHO) but they're ruining it w/ decisions like the M1A1 & this wall safe event.

I've yet to hear solid evidence they are seriously considering my ideas.

wupuck
03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
You need to open twice that amount mate. More like 160 for most people.

Which i do believe is impossible given the alotted time unless they only want users to spend gold (which seems very greedy to me)

i need muney
03-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I've yet to hear solid evidence they are seriously considering my ideas.
I sure youll soon get a job prosal from them :)

wupuck
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I sure youll soon get a job prosal from them :)

It'll never happen. I'm suggesting they do things to make players happy so that they'll stick around

Joe Brown1
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Congrats Ram - was wondering if it could be done without gold. I am still stuck at 7 - just like the last 2 events. At least I have the first 3 items and since I'm not spending any RM having fun.

Joe Brown1
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey, being Crime CIty, maybe I can pimp myself out - Funzio - if you give me the last 3 emeralds before time runs out I will plug you game and tell everyone how great yopu are. Would even put a Funzio banner in the hood (of course, I can't control graffiti by my mafia).

AppleMacGuy
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, FWIW I finally got the Emerald Burner. I'd been stuck on 8 EMs for 3 days. Tonight I opened 95 boxes using reset and dynamite options, so costing 30 gold each. It was not looking good as I got the usual crap in the first 90 boxes (aside from RP which is always welcome). Anyways, just as I was losing all hope I got 9 and 10 in the space of 3 boxes. It's cost me around 2700 gold...an expensive exercise to say the least. I don't feel particular ecstatic despite the successful outcome.

IMO this was an out and out money grabbing exercise...it worked on me but at least I can say I got the goods. It seems there are several folks who've not got the reward for their outlay and if I was them I'd be rightly pissed.

I think the dynamic of this event is just plain wrong, especially when compared to the first one was quite well balanced. I hope that Funzio are listening reading the numerous posts on this topic...

Just my 2p worth on the topic...

Swifty
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
@AppleMacGuy

Congratulations!!!

And 2700 gold. That is an impressive effort.

AppleMacGuy
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
@AppleMacGuy

Congratulations!!!

And 2700 gold. That is an impressive effort.

Thnx! Yeah, well I knew once I started I would just end up having to keep going! :eek:

K@le
03-19-2012, 05:08 PM
2700 gold you could have bought better items for that !

mdtacor
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm wondering if there's a pattern here with getting these emeralds...only a few hours left and still trying to crack it :(

Joemax
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
This has become gross. I downloaded this game for free almost a year ago and really liked it.

A mash up of SimCity and risk, was how I described it to friends.

Now it has become a disgusting shill for real world money.

I liked the strategy of balancing economy and defense.

I liked the aesthetics of building a city.

I would be embarrassed to tell my friends that I play this game now.

This is just such an obvious manipulation of users for real world money.

I would look for a new job if I worked for the makers of this game.

They don't make the game more enjoyable, or add new things to make it more fun.

They find new ways to get money out of the users who have spent so much time on the game they won't give it up.

It saddens and disgusts me.

The worst thing is that I wish I could sign off with a bold statement that ill never play again. But I did spend months building my little city. I want to continue building it.

But for the first time I want to quit more than I want to keep building it.

Bantario
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, FWIW I finally got the Emerald Burner. I'd been stuck on 8 EMs for 3 days. Tonight I opened 95 boxes using reset and dynamite options, so costing 30 gold each. It was not looking good as I got the usual crap in the first 90 boxes (aside from RP which is always welcome). Anyways, just as I was losing all hope I got 9 and 10 in the space of 3 boxes. It's cost me around 2700 gold...an expensive exercise to say the least. I don't feel particular ecstatic despite the successful outcome.

IMO this was an out and out money grabbing exercise...it worked on me but at least I can say I got the goods. It seems there are several folks who've not got the reward for their outlay and if I was them I'd be rightly pissed.

I think the dynamic of this event is just plain wrong, especially when compared to the first one was quite well balanced. I hope that Funzio are listening reading the numerous posts on this topic...

Just my 2p worth on the topic...

Same boat as you except I was stuck on 9, spent about the same amount of gold, Got mine tonight with two hours left

Theonhr
03-19-2012, 10:24 PM
This has become gross. ...

The worst thing is that I wish I could sign off with a bold statement that ill never play again. But I did spend months building my little city. I want to continue building it.

But for the first time I want to quit more than I want to keep building it.

Yep I'm in the same camp. I want to quit but I like building my city and even if I do I have spent about $2500 on this game over 6 months and so Funzio has already won and proven their business model works.

Steve0
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Congrats to the few that got it, its the end for me stuck at 8 and 1.5h to go not worth spending any more time with the event, It did boost my stats about 400 points with out leveling which was great, most of my safes were from robbing, still have 12 left.

AppleMacGuy
03-20-2012, 02:26 AM
But free banking is priceless

Exactly...that was reason I pursued the end prize...the Emerald Burner is just a bonus. Free banking is going to save me $1.5 million per day immediately.

Swifty
03-20-2012, 05:35 AM
The elite got more elite, and I am in favor of it, though I am not one myself.

Ram
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
I just want to bump this thread for the lulz! oh and I didn't use any gold :p