PDA

View Full Version : Event is Done. Close But No Cigar

vball
03-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Well just used my last attempt before this event ends.

Was so close with 9 bars, but just could not get the last one. Oh well, it was a lot of fun, and now can get some sleep, eat, bathe and get work done.

There are some bright notes here:
1. Got the new Ipad. Very cool by the way.
2. Still married, which I consider to be a positive.
3. Got 3 indestrutible units.
4. Make sure to keep War Priest as an ally as he is now even more dangerous.
5. Realized I can go for much longer without sleep than previously thought.
6. Probably lost weight due to the fact I was wayy too involved in the game.
7. A counselor will make money off me after meeting with me about my addictive personality. :-)

Seriously, congrats to all who got the prize, and see you on the battlefield.

stricker
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Well just used my last attempt before this event ends.

Was so close with 9 bars, but just could not get the last one. Oh well, it was a lot of fun, and now can get some sleep, eat, bathe and get work done.

There are some bright notes here:
1. Got the new Ipad. Very cool by the way.
2. Still married, which I consider to be a positive.
3. Got 3 indestrutible units.
5. Realized I can go for much longer without sleep than previously thought.
6. Probably lost weight due to the fact I was wayy too involved in the game.
7. A counselor will make money off me after meeting with me about my addictive personality. :-)

Seriously, congrats to all who got the prize, and see you on the battlefield.

BEST POST i've seen this week, vball!!!! ...9 for me too.

cool for you on #1!!!
with you on #2-7!!!
and congrats to prize winners!

War Priest
03-18-2012, 01:05 AM
I like number 4. =P

stricker
03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
I like number 4. =P
wp... i recommend a partial on #7 for you... but put the shrink in touch w/me first so I discuss possibility of narcissism with him/her, ok?
:D hahaha!

vball - got it. thanks for the spreadsheet!

What?
03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
229 unused crates. Need another 3 weeks for this event to use them all. I agree though it was a fun event. I think I leveled once every day at lvl 93 now started at lvl 85. Got some good loot. Didn't get the "grail", but in the end it was fun nonetheless.

mpj
03-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Agree this was a fun event and very worthwhile from my point of view.

Didn't spend any gold (sorry about your profit margins, Funzio) and wasn't able to get beyond 8 titanium bars but believe I came out WAY ahead as a result. Won way, way, more play money than I spent using the rusty knives; got 3 indestructible units, more than 12 other units, oodles of valor points and about a half dozen or so grunt allies. Definitely nothing to complain about in my view.

mpj :cool:

Dillinja
03-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Well said mpj. I think this is what free players should count as a bonus. How else would we have got 3 indestructible units for same $ as your level or loot with decent stats for that kind of $.
My only gripe with Funzio is the wording 'Medium Option' that just wasnt the case as many others like me where stuck on 7/8/9 bars for a good 3-4 days using only the knife option. What they should have said the last 2 will only open with gold that way people would have made the choice of using gold or continue trying to get good loot at a cheap price.
fun event none the less.

Osy
03-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Number 2! ))) funny

Tim @ MW
03-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Actually I had my hopes low in the beginning so there is no disappointment for me. Had 7 bars for my 2 accounts and could not get any higher. Did not even lose any sleep the last 2 days.

EnjoyLife
03-18-2012, 04:43 AM
I was only lucky enough to get 6 bars. It was still fun and I got 2 indestructible units. I appreciate Funzio giving some goodies to the free players as well as the gold players. I look forward to the next one. Hopefully, I have better luck next time.

Aidan
03-18-2012, 05:00 AM
I didnt get it either. Was stuck with 8 bars. Fr free plyrs, if u sacrifice ur sleep n life fr 3-4 days, i believe tht u cn actlly get it. I'm nt tht determine to try n wasnt keen on facing the wife's wrath fr playing too much either. So no cigar fr me.

I had fun tho n getting the 3 indestructible units is rlly cool. The million dollars question now is.. Does the 10th bar unit actlly work?? Does it rlly reduce ur casualties significantly enuf? Or is it just like the infirmary boosts building which dnt rlly do anything except fr taking space, wasting money n time?

digitalwalker
03-18-2012, 05:12 AM
Didn't involve in the event much, but still got the price for my inactive account, which is quite funny, it will be great if we can trade the game units.

Aidan, I m lvl70 now:) have sent u an ally request. Let's rule the world!

Aidan
03-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Didn't involve in the event much, but still got the price for my inactive account, which is quite funny, it will be great if we can trade the game units.

Aidan, I m lvl70 now:) have sent u an ally request. Let's rule the world!

Niceee sifu. Will accept it at once. One can not simply ignore digital's ally request. Lol

Colonelbob
03-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Well, speaking as a new, and completly obsessed FREE player, I opened 20-21 crates a day for the length of the "contest". Got about 1 million cash, a bunch of units, 7 "allies", 8 bars of platinum, and a sh$t ton of valour. Congrats to those who made it to 10. I know at least 1 free player did get there, but man, I'm not sure how many more crates I coulda managed. One does need a little sleep here and there :) All openings were with the rusty knife, and I figure I averaged opening about 1 in 6. Medium chance indeed. See you on the battlefield.

digitalwalker
03-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Niceee sifu. Will accept it at once. One can not simply ignore digital's ally request. Lol
Lol.man, don't call me sifu:) we are all learning from each other.

willydpooh
03-18-2012, 07:41 AM
i got into 8 bars, but I'm happy with it since my original target were to get the 3 indestructible unit. I already knew since the lockpick event on CC that it will be hard to get until 10

bigflan
03-18-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm level 23
I got 7 bars
100 valor
2 defensive cannons 10 attack 20 defense
1 trafficker gunman 5 attack 4 defense
2 ally's
3 60 000
2 300 000
2 supply frigates 5 attack 19 defense
1 heavy tank 9 attack 9 defense
I thought I did good
This was a very fun event I hope funzio does this again

War Priest
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm level 23
I got 7 bars
100 valor
2 defensive cannons 10 attack 20 defense
1 trafficker gunman 5 attack 4 defense
2 ally's
3 60 000
2 300 000
2 supply frigates 5 attack 19 defense
1 heavy tank 9 attack 9 defense
I thought I did good
This was a very fun event I hope funzio does this again

Lucky, I recieved about 12 allies.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 10:35 AM

Hmm...Wonder what vball mean't by this. :confused:

Procyon
03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Great post, vball. I know the feeling. Didn't have time nor the level of Energy to be too involved but did have some fun. Final results:

32 boxes (1 from pvp)
52% success with rusty knife (27 boxes)
5 opened with gold
2 resets
8 tb's
5 def cannons
5 supply frigates
2 gun trucks
2 allies
1 heavy truck
400 valor

Actually got my 8th tb after some St. Patty celebrating and was pissed. Wanted to go to bed. Felt I needed to give it a go just to see if I got lucky so had some more Jameson's and went searching for more boxes. That's when the gold got used. Not sure if it was the race to open the boxes or the Jameson's.

All-in-all had a blast. Thanks Funzio and congrats to all who scored the booty!

Now it's back to camping for a bit as I jumped from lvl 25 to 31.

Khmer Empire
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Good News!
I am a free player. I got 3 indestructible units each id, a bunch of unites, allies, cash, and valor.

Bad News!
- Lost a lot of sleep
- My 3 IDs could not reach bar 10th.
- I attacked too much during the event, I lower my alliance defense and attack.
- One of my ID, I accidentally attacked a heavy gold player, I broke my undefeated record (0 lost to 1 lost).

MWnewGuy
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
It WAS fun! I got up to seven bars, 3 allies, a couple of heavy tanks and other "high end" loot type items. I went up like three levels and did more missions than I would have normally done in a week.

Mcdoc
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I leveled up a lot more than I wanted to - went from 78 to 83. I did manage to get my 10th bar - and since I got boosted over 80 - my prize changed names and had higher stats - so I guess that was cool. I ended up with 267 unopened boxes - had to work last night from 8pm until 4am so I missed the last 4 chances to open - however - when I got home @ 4:30am PST - since I left my IPad charging with MW open - I was able to open 3 more boxes (yes - after the event was over) before something forced MW to close (1st time that has happened for me) - so I got 2 opens with a rusty knife out of those last 3 tries and got another 1.25 million (3rd time during the event) and another Sand Rover unit. This happened last time too - the event timer kept saying: "Event Ends: Soon" instead of a countdown number. I think it actually will let you continue to open boxes as long as you don't reset MW. Maybe that will be a secret feather In your hat next time.

I'm also curious if the casualty rate is truly going to be noticeable. I'm not one to track numbers - so I hope one of our Über number cruncher users made it to 10 and can document some sort of verifiable results.

Wish you guys all made it to 10 also - out of my 10, only 3 were from gold. The most frustrating thing was a successful gold open only to get 300 Valor - while at the same time - accidentally completing all kinds of Valor missions from the General due to my increased PVP and leveling - so I won 300 Valor with a gold open - and then 3 minutes later completed 2 separate Valor quests that awarded over 450 Valor each.

On a separate note: while I was adding VIP allies, I accidentally hit the "Buy VIP Status" button - SO STRATEGICALLY PLACED BY FUNZIO so if you are a little too quick - this button is exactly where the refresh button is and if you have gold you bought for something like this event - it spends for you quicker than you can say Oh Shiat! Anyway, for 10 gold - I actually ended up getting over 40 new allies in that 2 hour window. Just incase anyone was wondering if it was worth 10 gold. I must say though - since I went back and added my MW ID number in my signature yesterday for this forum - I have had another 20 or so Allie request in the past 24 hours.

Dreno33
03-18-2012, 09:02 PM
This happened last time too - the event timer kept saying: "Event Ends: Soon" instead of a countdown number. I think it actually will let you continue to open boxes as long as you don't reset MW. Maybe that will be a secret feather In your hat next time.

In CC, the event that went on about a month ago did the same thing. I can confirm this to all who were curious in reading ur post. As long as you do not close out of the app to your home screen, the event will not end.

vball
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Actually took most of the day off from Modern War. Seemed kinda weird in a sense. Ok here goes a few thoughts.

War Priest. Probably one of the best setups I have seen. I watch you to learn and frankly am preparing myself for the whales when they eventually will see me.

Actually first time in a long time that someone attacked me and won. Was disappointing, but they had an impressive setup but encouraged me to redouble my efforts to build my defense back up. Focusing on a variety of units to create a broad strength defense including: Sea Scouts, Global Hawk Drones, Military Ambulances, and Medics as my main defense units.

Mddoc - sent you an ally request.

And yes still married as of today, although my wife still thinks I am nuts.