PDA

View Full Version : If you reached 10 Emeralds...

erik
03-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Please share with us your findings. Lets keep this from a being a results thread for any other milestone.

I think I have read of 3 finders to far. Xenoche, and 2 more on the forum. Here is one stark post from Bush Maori.

"To get from 8->9 took me 46 successful opens, 9->10 took 74 successful opens. The odds have changed compared to the diamond event. good luck everyone."

Thanks.

Plux
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Plux has the Emerald Gun as of 2 days 8hrs remaining of the event :-) wow love this gun!!!

Brent
03-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I still only got 7 emeralds with none yet today.

Plux has the Emerald Gun as of 2 days 8hrs remaining of the event :-) wow love this gun!!!

Did you just used the medium chance? or did you use gold?

dudeman
03-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I spotted one player with both the Sig and the Burner a couple days ago. Forgot his name now though. That person must have multiple horseshoes up their ass. Or nice bank account.

Bruiser
03-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I spotted one player with both the Sig and the Burner a couple days ago. Forgot his name now though. That person must have multiple horseshoes up their ass. Or nice bank account.

MasterPoop lvl 147 had it for a few days actually

madawgg
03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
A guy named Boris lvl 145ish has it!! I saw it with my own eyes

Dravak
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Total of 140+ chests opened compares to the sig diamond event 75 +
Break point at 6-7 refused to happen . Spent around 300 gold bars refreshing and mix of gold opening and cash
7-8th was same story infact costed me more gold
9th was infact the cheapest of those break points.

10th let not even discuss the frustration and gold used to get it .
Sorry it is not that I cannot afford it , but having so much frustration , this is not a gambling game :( .

Well wish the people best of luck hope in the last 2 days , they can get it cheaper then me .
Cause the emerald burner will me in my mind gold burner .... Oh now I come to think about it .

Rusty M4 , green M4 , lmao money burner indeed.

i need muney
03-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I still only got 7 emeralds with none yet today.

Did you just used the medium chance? or did you use gold?
Dont take a word from one who speaks of himself in third person

dudeman
03-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Oh now I come to think about it .

Rusty M4 , green M4 , lmao money burner indeed.

That gun started out clean and sharp, effective, a fun bonus item for all to chase after. Then, with little warning, it began to corrode and became frozen with rust. Amid the controversy, a distraction event was launched, giving every player one last chance at obtaining an even mightier version of the now extinct super gun. The gun was rebranded with the colour green, the colour of envy. The envy of all those now denied the opportunity to collect hundreds of M4A1s.

Burn on them. Emerald burn(er) on them indeed.

(edit: happy St. Paddy's day people. :p)

G Wiz
03-18-2012, 02:11 AM
My tenth emerald gun is called green lightening. Congrats to all who got their respective guns though!

Hank
03-18-2012, 02:11 AM
took about 40 or so opened wall safes to get from 7 to 9 emerals all with gold

Nudie
03-18-2012, 03:11 AM
I think it is nearly impossible to get 10 emeralds without using gold. Many people can reach 7 or 8 emeralds using game cash but the odds for getting the final 2 look extremely steep.

Hank
03-18-2012, 03:25 AM
I think it is nearly impossible to get 10 emeralds without using gold. Many people can reach 7 or 8 emeralds using game cash but the odds for getting the final 2 look extremely steep.

I totally agree. Since getting my 9th, I have opened up 50+ safes with dynamite and still nothing but a pile of useless widow makers and rasta ****s. Now I'm all outta safes :(

Royal Flush
03-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Given that the last event had an extra day (has anyone even noticed that or just me?) and the statistics have changed I'm not spending any gold & will refuse to do so for anything else in this game with everything that has also happened outside of the event. Stuck at 6 and not even bothered about getting the 10th emerald.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Come on guys, its plain random. I got the sig without gold. This time around I stood on 4 stones for three days.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 04:27 AM
For those of you who think you are having bad luck... let me make you feel a bit better.

I have so far spent 1300G on gold just opening safes. (unfortunately it was payday on Friday) I have 8 emeralds.

Your luck is not as bad as mine! :)

jaywalker
03-18-2012, 04:53 AM

I opened ~20 in the first 2 days and got 7 emeralds. Since that I have succesfully opened ~5 with no emeralds.

erik
03-18-2012, 06:38 AM
@ Ineedmuney This event seems nothing like the sig event as far as drop rates go, so it might not be a great comparison, although one can certainly hit a lucky streak against the probabilities.

Masterpoop posted on my wall that he got it in the first 12 hrs with 25 safes max. I have seen nothing else even close to this.

I think maddawg might have Boris' story.

JC - Ouch :(

i need muney
03-18-2012, 06:56 AM
@ Ineedmuney This event seems nothing like the sig event as far as drop rates go, so it might not be a great comparison, although one can certainly hit a lucky streak against the probabilities.

Masterpoop posted on my wall that he got it in the first 12 hrs with 25 safes max. I have seen nothing else even close to this.

I think maddawg might have Boris' story.

JC - Ouch :(
MASTERPOOP! LOL
Well that's probability for you. My point is that it's random and this boiling isht on a stove has no evidential base underneath it and therefore - pointless :) Sig event is relevant cause I meant to compare my results with other users per event, not two events against each other. Plus my 4th stone took more attempts and opened boxes than 5,6,7 altogether.
So yeah. Stop guessin and just open dem little btards! ;.

madawgg
03-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Boris says he spent a lot, used a mixture of gold and cc cash. And he told me for the last one u need to spend gold because that's how the game is designed. For me I'm still going non-gold, got 9 so far without gold and 2 days left!

TRAZ
03-18-2012, 07:08 AM
I have the 10 emeralds. Used a mixture of free/money & gold option.

Got the first 8 on 47 safes. The 9th was 16 safes later..then nothing for 64 safes when I got the 10th one.

The numbers above represent safes that actually opened. Only once did a low free option open a safe. The medium chance opened only 21 safes. The rest were opened with gold.

I honestly lost count of the crapload of safes that didn't actually open and were useless duds when using the free option and had to wait another hour to try another free attempt.

Now that I have the Burner, still have 26 safes. I've tried to open 7 with the free option in the last 24 hours and not one has actually opened.

nvbealone
03-18-2012, 07:11 AM
u're rich Traz

Royal Flush
03-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Ouch Joey, why do it man! Let's be honest the game isn't worth it just to get a few scraps from Funzio!

TRAZ
03-18-2012, 07:14 AM
u're rich Traz

Just use gift cards from ITunes. I specifically request those things from all my family members for birthdays, Holidays, etc.

Santa
03-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah. What Traz said. Anyways I can't convince my parents to spend RM to buy in game currency.

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
@joeycool Hope you get your tenth before you see this post, good luck.

I'm finding the event on par with the lockbox event.
I ended on 7 on the last day, this time I already got 7 with 2 days to go.

Maybe the events are too short in days.
The chance to get an emerald is max 0.01% none gold user & 10% for gold users, so 9 out of 10 gold users will come out feeling hurt.

It is really random as it gets.

Binomial probability is at it's lowest, so if you know this formula then you will understand.
P=1
q=99

That in turn makes it at the worst luck after the 9 emerald it can take another 99 but not more then 100 boxes open before you get the tenth and that the facts.

nvbealone
03-18-2012, 07:47 AM
insider info?

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Well I did manage to get my final emerald.

I didnt analyse it at all really. I'm pretty sure I opened more than 160 safes.

The majority of these where Items that where not that much use to me at all really.

The plus side to the event...

Its great if you dont intend to spend any real money and a low / mid level player who would benefit from the loot in the safes.
If you are not going to spend gold, but just in game cash then its worthwhile too. You stand a fair chance of getting 3 decent weapons... and a very outside chance of getting a great weapon.

The down sides...

The only downside really as far as I'm concerned is if you are going to spend real Gold. Its going to coat you a fortune! And even then you may not get what you want. And you may see people who have spent less or even nothing and have more than you!
Now I decided from an early stage that I was just going to spend gold and gamble. So I prepared to fail really.
I set myself a 2000g limit. I got the 10th before I reached it. JUST!

That however is the last time I will spend any gold on these events because they are just not value for money.

Its a gamble.

And what do you normally get when you gamble?

You get odds. So you know what your chances are. With these events you dont, and as such you are blindly bashing away trying to achieve a potentially game changing weapon with no clue as to what chance you have of getting it. And when you spend real money that is not really fair.

For future events I would like to see the prizes given for goals that you can achieve with hard work. Rather than blind luck. For example log in and fight 10 people 10 times a day. Something along those lines.

Also make it more worth while for high level player with better loot in the safes if you are over a certain level. Non of the loot items from the safes added to my stats at all. So pretty much all of the safes opened where useless to me.

Dont get me wrong... I am not complaining because I know what I got myself into when I decided to gamble. But I will not be doing so next time.

The rewards for spending the amount I have are not really worth it in my opinion.

Especially when you can get 3 weapons relatively easy with no real expense.

Xira
03-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Repost from sticky thread but here were my results:

Finally got 10th, I said screw it purely out of interest sakes...

26 fire trucks
30 room sweepers
33 widow makers
24 rusta fatigues

350 RL cash, 5250 golden bars

Tbh doubt I will ever participate again. In stead of getting guys like me buying gold month to month, I guess the choice is to sqeeze out a bit more one month, piss us off, and lose us forever.

4500+ bars and 125+ safes was trying to get from 8-9 emeralds btw.... i went from 9-10 in about 20 safes.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 09:11 AM
You guys are crazy xD
think of all the REALLY great stuff you can get with that cash.....

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Repost from sticky thread but here were my results:

Finally got 10th, I said screw it purely out of interest sakes...

26 fire trucks
30 room sweepers
33 widow makers
24 rusta fatigues

Tbh doubt I will ever participate again. In stead of getting guys like me buying gold month to month, I guess the choice is to sqeeze out a bit more one month, piss us off, and lose us forever.

4500+ bars and 125+ safes was trying to get from 8-9 emeralds btw.... i went from 9-10 in about 20 safes.

why didn't you just buy 3 potato cannons and with the rest you could have used them in gold explosives as the free banking is hell not worth the gold you have purchased.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM

This is the problem I think. It will annoy people who pay with real cash.

I think Funzio should try a different format for the next event. I dont think there will be a big buy in from real money spenders after the way this one has gone for most.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
why didn't you just buy 3 potato cannons and with the rest you could have used them in gold explosives as the free banking is hell not worth the gold you have purchased.

I think the reason for that is that once you have started it is difficult to stop.

The money that has been spent becomes wasted if you get nothing from it at all. Which is why I made this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21793-Joeycools-Wall-box-satisfaction-guide

to try and give people a bit of advise on the mindset they would need in order to participate.

Xira
You guys are crazy xD
think of all the REALLY great stuff you can get with that cash.....

Well lets just say i have a big "entertainment" budget... But it still is a stupid amount to spend to obtain the loot item. Funzio is really making a mistake here... instead of making it more affordable and appealing the majority of the player base (maybe getting 5000 pople to spend 100 gold to get it), they are making it only affordable to a select few. I am expecting these 1st couple events have been big cash cows for them with a bunch of people attempting to get it, but as these odds become more clear to a larger percentage of the player base, it is going to start to really hurt them.

Max Power
I am in the same exact spot as Joey, except I am running our of gold and I am stuck on 8.

I will not spend anymore after the recent changes.

madawgg
03-18-2012, 09:28 AM
lol it's funny u guys are complaining while dumping more real money into it!

Xira
03-18-2012, 09:36 AM

Not really.

What would be funny is if we continued to invest real money into it, after these odds and scenarios have been exposed (It is only 2nd event ever). I really enjoy the game and would totally have been willing to spend more every event.

It is a shame Funzio took this route.

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 09:37 AM

Didn't notice anyone complaining, just an informative thread that other than you, have not complained about if they have money to burn who are we to judge.
Maybe this thread dishearten you knowing you plan not to spend on gold but if you do manage to get it your be groveling on the forum none stop.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
No matter how big of a budget anyone has, if you think about it, there's always a better place to invest it.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM

I'm not complaining... In fact I specifically said I wasn't complaining. I knew what I was getting into from the outset.

My comments are my just on my experience, My views on the event, and where I stand in reflection to future events, with some feedback to Funzio on how they could improve future events.

Xira
03-18-2012, 09:52 AM
No matter how big of a budget anyone has, if you think about it, there's always a better place to invest it.

You still completely miss the point and have failed to comprehend any of the points being made in this thread. Read more, post less IMO.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Boring! Yawn... you sound like my dad! Way to sensible! :)

qwikster
03-18-2012, 09:57 AM
For those of you who think you are having bad luck... let me make you feel a bit better.

I have so far spent 1300G on gold just opening safes. (unfortunately it was payday on Friday) I have 8 emeralds.

Your luck is not as bad as mine! :)

ouch! that's too bad. glad you were able to get your 10th. thankfully, i'm not spending a dime on the "event".

nvbealone
03-18-2012, 09:58 AM
my target? 7 will be enough and i got it! now i am a happy gamer. no complaints and no gold spent. guess we just have to learn to be contented after all. ;)

i need muney
03-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Boring! Yawn... you sound like my dad! Way to sensible! :)
But its true, sorry. Guy spends and then gets pissed, cause spending in this game does not return the value.

my target? 7 will be enough and i got it! now i am a happy gamer. no complaints and no gold spent.

thankfully, i'm not spending a dime on the "event".
See? Guys got free stuff and are happy! WTG mens ;)
I'm just sensible about spending cash on virtual things of doubtful value. I ride a snowboard, jumped from a three-storye building and kissed a bum once. So not to sensible :D

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
But its true, sorry. You spend and then get pissed, cause spending in this game does not return the value.

Once again... just to clarify. I am in no way "pissed".

I am perfectly happy with my decision to spend money.

Your posts are bordering on trolling mate...

Xira
03-18-2012, 10:13 AM

Bordering on???

i need muney
03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Once again... just to clarify. I am in no way "pissed".

I am perfectly happy with my decision to spend money.

Don't be so suburban, this is new millennium. Trolling, shmolling...it's all the same now. There're no more lines.

madawgg
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm not complaining... In fact I specifically said I wasn't complaining. I knew what I was getting into from the outset.

My comments are my just on my experience, My views on the event, and where I stand in reflection to future events, with some feedback to Funzio on how they could improve future events.
man wasn't referring to you! Mr. COOL

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
man wasn't referring to you! Mr. COOL

Good because you nearly made me cry.

And thats not cool!

nvbealone
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
~~hi MaDawgg~~

i need muney
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Good because you nearly made me cry.

And thats not cool!
Actually, I was also refering to some general gold-payer. Dont know why you would call it trolling =\

dudeman
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I have seen no less than three players who have both the Diamond Sig and the Emerald Burner.

Regarding my opinion on the events:

For the lockbox HD event I carried over 9 diamonds from the universal event, so thought I had a pretty good chance of getting the 10th diamond within the seven day time limit.

To make a long story short, by the last day of the event I still didn't have the Sig so I said fk it and tossed in a bit of cash. The total number of boxes that I opened during that event was well over 100, and still, not one diamond, so no Sig. Frustrating and disappointing. Not because of money spent, but because we don't know the odds and are lead to believe that the odds are pretty decent. This is reinforced by the fact that during the event you start to see more and more rivals who have the end item.

Aother factor that makes spending gold on the event a questionable decision is that a lot of the loot found in the boxes is nothing more than common loot that can be farmed from the maps. Most of the loot also does nothing for higher level players. It would be nice if the loot found in the boxes was tiered the same way the loot tied to the Emeralds is tiered.

For me, these events are already getting old. The loot isn't interesting, and the "medium" lock pick, for lack of a better word, sucks. It feels like a chore to attempt opening boxes or safes once an hour when you know you will probably just get a "please play again". I have better odds of winning a free coffee or donut when I roll up the rim than I do at getting good loot or any amount of RP from these events.

erik
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Tim Horton's Dudeman? Canada dweller?

Great data and some great analysis too. I think we should make a separate 'constructive suggestion' thread after the event as well.

Hope to hear from a few more 10s out there, although the stories we are hearing are very similar so far.

Hank
03-18-2012, 11:49 AM
copy and paste what I posted in contest sticky:

finally got the emerald burner. Im not trying to brag but, just want to share some info so you know what you are up against if you haven't gotten it yet. I have no idea how many safes it took. But somewhere over 100, probably over 150. But to give some idea my inventory now has a bunch more useless weapons:

15 rasta fatigues
27 room sweepers
18 widowmakers
15 fire trucks

I used cash at first, but the rate of opening safes was too low. It took a little over 2 vaults of gold. I feel like it was way too dam hard to get. I wont be spending gold on the next event unless they decrease the odds

327 950 999

Fig Oni
03-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Any none gold player on 9 emeralds yet?

Santa
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Non gold player: only have 6. The 7th one still hasn't opened. Today will be the last day for me because I have school tomorrow...

dudeman
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Tim Horton's Dudeman? Canada dweller?

Yes, and I actually prefer to make my own coffee rather than drink the inconsistent, nicotine-laced, Tim Horton's concoction. I get far fewer "plays" than one per hour (closer to 3 per week, max.) and I still have better odds of getting something useful than I do with these events.

That being said, the events don't have to cost anything, and I don't have to drive to CC to participate. My previous statements are still valid though.

madawgg
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Any none gold player on 9 emeralds yet?
Me!! No gold spent and got 8 and 9 back to back!

Dipstik
03-18-2012, 01:24 PM
No gold... Seven emeralds in two days and zero since. I hope to see more of these... I really don't care if I'm outclassed by people who spend real money.

Ram
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/rirvqg.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/25f0j6c.png

I didn't use any gold to get 10 emeralds. only in game cash. I was more lucky this time around. The last event I only got 7 diamonds. I was never close to the diamond sig but this time I got the emerald burner!

doug19
03-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Congradulations Ram! I'm on the hunt for my 10th at the moment...

URDead
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
I am at 9 with no gold used so far. For the last 3 days I have hit one between 7 and 730 in the morning. I donīt know if it is just random that it happened that way, but, 3 days in a row are pretty good odds for the only 3 stones I have seen in those 3 days. I am hoping for the same results on the morning of the last day.

And by the way, I also am in no way upset about being outclassed by those using real money either. Makes no difference to me, I am just in it for the enjoyment of the pursuit and not for my ego.

Thinks
03-18-2012, 05:00 PM
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad290/ThinkRSX/Burner1.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad290/ThinkRSX/Burner.jpg

:D

erik
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Pictures, sooper. Details, awesome!

Thinks
03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Okay, details. The first day... One emmy. I was concerned, but played it cool and thought happy thoughts. Then I had one the next day... Again, played it cool. Next day, my level head paid off, I hit for 6.

Sitting pretty at 8 at that point. Had a bad dream that night (can't recall the dream) and with one eye open it occurred to me to try my luck... Sure enough, bang. Before I had time to celebrate I was asleep again.

Now... From 9 to 10.... All I can say is I was stuck there for awhile. Probably opened 40-50. I did start "Tapjoying" to start opening with gold at that point. Tonight, I was all tapjoyed out after installing apps all day. My buildings were getting robbed and I was frustrated being out of game so long. So I went back to medium chance and the first time I did, I got number 10. (side note: I'm not superstitious, but it was in fact the first time I crossed my fingers).

There's your details. All I can say is just keep trying. There aren't any tricks really.

erik
03-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Any more out there? Any no-Golds like RAM?

madawgg
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Nay broke my rule and spent gold to get the last one. Spent 150 gold for hourly gold option. Still worth it I think

erik
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Congrats MD. That was a great outcome both on value per gold and relative cost vs. other player experiences.

madawgg
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Congrats MD. That was a great outcome both on value per gold and relative cost vs. other player experiences.

I guess it is worth the money relatively but I feel like funzio lured me into this and I have no turning back

Plux
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Now that would be telling, let's just say, I spent what was required to earn an extra $2bn in income this half year $20bn expected income for the next 6months.

Fig Oni
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Now that would be telling, let's just say, I spent what was required to earn an extra $2bn in income this half year $20bn expected income for the next 6months.

Forget the banking for a second, how does it feel beating down your rival with the emerald burner in your hand.

madawgg
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
anyways if you spend more than 300 gold you should consider it as a bad move, the better move now is upgrading to goodfella...150 gold with 10% more income which means 99% of ur original income can be deposited! a good deal, plus if you are a rob/fight person. you will benefit a lot from it

initialk
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi all, don't usually post on here but just thought I'd share my success in obtaining the final emerald to receive the
emerald burner; without using any gold!

Was stuck on 8 emeralds since Friday and obtained the last 2 today, just
received the last one 20 minutes ago. Was pretty much tempted to spend all my tapjoy gold to get the final emerald but glad I didn't have too! Good luck to the rest of you.

deuces
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi all, don't usually post on here but just thought I'd share my success in obtaining the final emerald to receive the
emerald burner; without using any gold!

Was stuck on 8 emeralds since Friday and obtained the last 2 today, just
received the last one 20 minutes ago. Was pretty much tempted to spend all my tapjoy gold to get the final emerald but glad I didn't have too! Good luck to the rest of you.

Congrats and good to see, thats 2 without gold so far!