PDA

View Full Version : Robbery defense.

Johnno
03-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Ok. A BIG thank you to all who regularly share their thoughts in the forum.

I have asked along these lines before. I've got a guy robbing me who has 34k attack when I have 67k defense. He shows up on my news green red green red etc. It must take a bit of stamina for him to rob me.

He sent me a message tonight saying that if I want to stop ppl robbing me I need to place my defense buildings closer to the money buildings I want to protect.

Any insights? I always figured that was not the case in this game. I would really appreciate any input. Cheers.

upsman_17
03-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Ok. A BIG thank you to all who regularly share their thoughts in the forum.

I have asked along these lines before. I've got a guy robbing me who has 34k attack when I have 67k defense. He shows up on my news green red green red etc. It must take a bit of stamina for him to rob me.

He sent me a message tonight saying that if I want to stop ppl robbing me I need to place my defense buildings closer to the money buildings I want to protect.

Any insights? I always figured that was not the case in this game. I would really appreciate any input. Cheers.

I'm no expert here, but it sounds like:

A) He is mis-informed
B) He is messing with you

I would bet on the latter. :)

Sasha54
03-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi
I'm fairly new to forum but I am pretty sure that is totally wrong
I see people set guns up around certain buildings - its just a design thing

madawgg
03-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Well sometimes it does happen when u surround def buildings around ur money buildings, it's harder to tap on money building...but that's the only benefit

white frog
03-17-2012, 07:32 AM
This is totally untrue. The location of your defense buildings has no effect on the actual defense they provide.

If you want to defend yourself from robberies, you need to stop depending on you buildings all together. They do add a small amount of defense, but with the knowledge about them being public now, I think that certain players will actually be more attracted to hoods with lots of defense buildings because they know the defense # is over-inflated.

I would invest in armor and strong defense weapons, replace any defense buildings (gradually) with econ buildings or gatlings, and possibly reduce your mob size (this depends on your ability to equip them). Applying a couple of very simple strategies will make you, more or less, unrobbable/unattackable (until you get to the upper levels).

Vile Lynn
03-17-2012, 07:37 AM
They might be confusing MW w/ CC.

Johnno
03-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Thank you for your input. My 'real' defense is at about 60k and I am lvl 157. I still can't believe this guy can still get me. I did rob a guy with over 80k defense the other day, but his defense was mainly from buildings. I think his real defense was at about 55k. What I'm saying is that I do understand the whole defense building thing, but I wonder why this person can still rob me when I have a pretty strong 'real' defense.

JimmyShines
03-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Johnno, this sounds like a stat cheat, contact support with all your info including the other players info, they will look into it to see if the player has a strange amount of attack skill points (it's happened before many times).

BTW, PvP and robbing defense are different values, what others see on the PvP screen is NOT the actual def you have during a robbing. Search the forum and you will find the correct formula, posted by an employee.

Vile Lynn
03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
This baffles us all.
Was attacked today & lost to a player who had 16K attack LESS than my defense. That was rad.

@Johnno, that's a great def stat! Have you put many skill points toward your defense?
Your rival might have invested a lot of skill points for attacking.

I'm curious to hear more about how gold defense buildings increase the attack &/or defense of gold items, sounds mysterious.

Johnno
03-17-2012, 04:05 PM
This guy's attack is 26k lower than my 'actual' defense! I don't think he's a cheater though. When you look at skill points it says 'better chance of attacking' or 'better chance of fending off attacks'. To me, that means fighting only, not robberies. I've found this game to be very specific in it's terms. What do you guys reckon? Thanks heaps for the feedback.

Johnno
03-17-2012, 04:09 PM
@vile lynn. Yeah I've got defense points just over the triple digits.

Ohaithere
03-17-2012, 04:11 PM
When you attack someone their defence is as stated, whenyou rob someone their defence is halved so it is very hard to stop people robbing you. The best way to avoid thisis to collect on time, hope this helps, if you need more info search, there are a few threads on the subject

Babytway
03-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Johnno just for clarification i never told you that advice, but imma still rob you wth my 34k atk, :)

Babytway
03-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Seriously i dont know why i can rob you and others with my atk at 34k and yours at way high levels but i dont question it, i just keep going but i haven't robbed and joey for awhile and when i do rob ppl with your defense i usually get two fails with 2 sucesses

Johnno
03-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey tway. Been a while. It's not you I'm talking about. I see you occasionally in my news. Respect! This guy is robbing me over and over though. I don't retaliate. He must just keep resetting his list till he sees me!

Upper
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
best ways to get him off your news feed is to clog his wall with a bunch of posts in a row. See if that works and get back to me

deuces
03-17-2012, 09:28 PM
one tiiime give me mod powers :D

Nicholost
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
best ways to get him off your news feed is to clog his wall with a bunch of posts in a row. See if that works and get back to me1) that's horrible advice. 2) it won't work anyway because Funzio (wisely enough) made changes to prevent that kind of sleazy game play. Now multiple comments are combined into one news feed entry. 3) read #1 again.

upsman_17
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
best ways to get him off your news feed is to clog his wall with a bunch of posts in a row. See if that works and get back to me

Now theres a good way to get your game shut down.

Johnno
03-17-2012, 11:33 PM
@upper. Check my join date, mate. I kind of know what I'm doing and that is awful advice. Thanks anyway my friend. Anyone else in the higher levels having the same trouble?

jlhy
03-18-2012, 12:00 AM
This guy's attack is 26k lower than my 'actual' defense! I don't think he's a cheater though. When you look at skill points it says 'better chance of attacking' or 'better chance of fending off attacks'. To me, that means fighting only, not robberies. I've found this game to be very specific in it's terms. What do you guys reckon? Thanks heaps for the feedback.

Hey Johnno here's a quote from Crime City Mark about how attack and robberies work.

Fight defense looks like this:

Total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Rob defense looks like this:

1/2 total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

This quote was from a few months back so the calculations may have changed since then since funzio likes to tweak things behind the scenes and not tell anyone about it.

Dravak
03-18-2012, 01:08 AM
depending on versions people play the usual green red green red , means they are on a older version.
where no matter what defense you have the 2nd attack is 100% successful,
Same would apply if they attacked you , unless suddenly both people sync with the server , they can get away with that indefinetly , so both attack and defense doesn't even matter .

jlhy
03-18-2012, 01:27 AM
depending on versions people play the usual green red green red , means they are on a older version.
where no matter what defense you have the 2nd attack is 100% successful,
Same would apply if they attacked you , unless suddenly both people sync with the server , they can get away with that indefinetly , so both attack and defense doesn't even matter .

So your saying someone with 10k attack will be able to win 50/50 against someone with 100k defense because they're on separate versions?

Dravak
03-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Incase of robbery yes .. No matter the defense .

Incase of attack depending on the time of syncing client and servers .

There is always a 1-5% chance you win or lose no matter what stats you have .

jlhy
03-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Dravak = Khung?

Hank
03-18-2012, 01:36 AM

Disgusto Barfo at your comment. I wouldn't be surprised if you got robbed much more if you listened to that horrible advice. So lame

i need muney
03-18-2012, 01:51 AM
lol. This guy got high and took this for modern war app :D

Johnno
03-18-2012, 03:45 AM
^haha that's what I thought. Thanks guys for your input. Appreciate it heaps.

Burn
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
If you want to understand building defence oddities, read this...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

Burn
03-18-2012, 03:55 AM

I'd make you my personal mission if you did that. I'd click on Rival refresh until I found you. I'd recruit others to do the same. We'd all beat you like the filthy animal you are.

But afterwards we would eat cake and exchange gifts :)

i need muney
03-18-2012, 06:03 AM
*facepalm* it doesnt work, for heavens sake!