PDA

View Full Version : Funzio newsreel

FatDaz
03-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Perhaps an idea for Funzio to update us ingame on the newsreel when they get together to change the game. Many players don't read the forum and have no clue what's going on. I think given the time and investment on some farmed items it should include planned changes too so at least we have a choice to go down that road whether they impliment new ideas or not.
I'm lvl 152 now and it's pretty clear a longer term strategy is needed, it certainly doesn't help matters when a spanner is thrown in the works, they'd be alot more happy customers and more gold spent if Funzio canvassed the players before fixing something that isn't broken.
Shame to see more and more regular players quitting, Funzio would be wise to understand why.

2gd4u
03-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Good idea!

G Wiz
03-17-2012, 12:33 AM
I say slap this whole idea under the announcements section, or atleast apply it! That sub forum has cogwebs thicker than rope in there.

madawgg
03-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Since majority of the players don't read forum...they won't even know of M4 and DD looting! So I guess it's not necessary to inform them

Amber_
03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Bad idea.. good idea to have it under the announcements section though.

Santa
03-17-2012, 07:24 AM
What's the point in telling a non forum player that M4's are gone and DD's have moved if they dot even know what they are? The majority of players have never farmed a single item and probably never will. Us forum members are considered the minority.

This also explains the negative response to the M4 and DD changes. The minority (us and the lurkers) got angry because farming was a strategy we employed to be better than the majority of players. Of course, the majority of players have no idea what M4's or DD's are, they just realize their rivals aren't getting as strong anymore. So, it technic balances the game out in favor of the majority of players. If the majority of players decided to visit the forums today, they would be happy that the game was rebalanced in their favor. Of course, they probably won't and never will check the forums...

Did that make sense?

Vile Lynn
03-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Lots of farming info was shared in-game, not just here.

k0de
03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Actually I'd say it's more in our favor since we were able to take advantage of a strategy which is now closed to them. If I'm 5000A/D ahead of an opponent and got there using an option he'll never have I'd be hard pressed to imagine a scenario where he's in a better position than me, other than that they were able to enjoy the satisfaction of completing the map quests. Lucky bastards. All I got was a bunch of overpowered weapons for free. I haven't even started Seaside!