PDA

View Full Version : Do not accept more than 1000 allies!

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 08:03 PM
This is being reported in the Tech forum but just in case you it missed it there appears to be a bug in the allies list. I happened to add a couple of people today without thinking and that pushed me over 1000 allies. Didn't think anything of it until I started to notice that folks who have been allies since I started playing were suddenly turning up in my rivals list!

So I looked at my allies list, it is BLANK! But the kicker is it shows I have 1004 allies. For fun I added 1 person and they are now the only one in my list and I now have 1005 allies.

Sent a ticket in to Funzio but have not heard back yet.

War Priest
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah they said something about that before. Don't know if you missed it or not but last I knew they were planning on capping it at 1,000 I believe.

JohnnyR
03-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow, then they should truly cap this thing!

Thanks for the warning AO!

JohnnyR
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Have you tried deleting allies back to 999 or whatever the safe number is, and maybe restarting?

War Priest
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah, a bunch of kids we're pissed because they couldn't have more than 1,000 allies. They claimed that they chatted with most of them and didn't want to lose them as allies. But honestly you don't even need more than 500.

Sugarymama
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Funny, my ally list hasn't been impacted in any way yet. But I've been slowly deleting some people off my list so perhaps that's why. Had over 1300. Down 100 or so..

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Have you tried deleting allies back to 999 or whatever the safe number is, and maybe restarting?

Yeah I thought of that, problem is there is nobody in my list, it says I don't have any yet my count is still 1004 and the 1 person I added does show up and my count is up to 1005.

Plus it looks like it put everyone back into my rivals list!

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Funny, my ally list hasn't been impacted in any way yet. But I've been slowly deleting some people off my list so perhaps that's why. Had over 1300. Down 100 or so..

This might have been caused by them capping the list but not warning us in the past couple of days. See I just went over 1000 yesterday and thats when everything went in the toilet.

Dreno33
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM
In Crime City the limit is NOT 1,000. ALTHOUGH, once reached over that mark, friends ARE allowed to show up in rivals list. I maintain mine at 300 so I don't know if it has the same bug as you have but just to let you know it is most likely a glitch. Hope it gets fixed soon for ya!

CJ54
03-17-2012, 12:07 AM
It's been an issue in CC and MW. Agent Orange, I just posted over in the tech thread and would appreciate some additional info over there.

Agent Orange
03-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Hmmm that isn't really acceptable IMHO. Here's my reply in the tech forum.

Hi CJ, here's what happened.

Up till a couple of days ago I was at 995 allies and about 500+ pending. I may have accidentally hit accept all requests but that usually just nukes everyone and doesn't add which is what happened here.

But I did manually add players on and off without paying attention until two days ago when I hit 1004 and started to notice that allies were starting to appear in my rivals list. At this point I went to look at my allies list which stated that I had no allies and was blank but at bottom said I had 1004 allies 4 grunts and zero showing.

I immediately sent an in game report.

Then out of curiosity I added 1 more ally. That showed up in the list as my 1005 and bottom says 1005 allies, 4 grunts and 1 showing which is how I've left things. I have not deleted it yet.

If some sort of limit was imposed we should have been warned or at the very least the game should have prevented the addition of more allies so as not to cause a complete erasure of the current ally list.

The ally list has been a dreadful implimentation since I started playing, we should have even some sort of limited search feature be it to sort alphabetically or by high or low level or ally count. Our better still by name instead of having to scroll through endless pages of names sorted chronologically. Even being able to flag some names would be better than what we have now.

overkill 280
03-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Exact thing happened to me AO. I've heard nothing back either.

Agent Orange
03-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I got a pm from CJ, they are looking into it, sounds complicated. One of my allies can still see me in their ally list and can post wall messages albeit slowly but I can't see them.

War Priest
03-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah, a bunch of kids we're pissed because they couldn't have more than 1,000 allies. They claimed that they chatted with most of them and didn't want to lose them as allies. But honestly you don't even need more than 500.

Here is what I am talking about:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20297-Petition-to-stop-Funzio-from-setting-the-maximum-number-of-allies-at-1000

War Priest
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
AO, you have a post in the thread so thought you would of known of the 1000 or more ally problem.

Agent Orange
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
AO, you have a post in the thread so thought you would of known of the 1000 or more ally problem.

At the time I posted there was no mention of your ally list disappearing and why I posted this thread with a title that specifically addressed this issue, er well at least not in that one but now that you mention it I think somewhere else maybe.