PDA

View Full Version : "Medium Chance"

Joe Crime
03-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I would just like to comment on the "Medium Chance" of the blowtorch. Out of 6 attempts nothing but Sorry Better Luck Next Time! Use dynamite. Ya medium chance my @ss. I am not spending money on gold because i am on the edge of quitting. The money for the storyline is too much and i am trying to make more money but that isn't fun. Alright back to the topic. Ya... So really funzio?! Medium?! Ya make free nearly impossible and 10,000 low chance. I have three emeralds. I have spend probaly 300,000 in two days and it is pissing me off. All i got were three emeralds and a room sweeper. A13 D9. So ya... I am pissed a t funzio... Again.

madawgg
03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
actually that's a decent rate...to be honest.

Joe Crime
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Yep, thanks for the support...

dudeman
03-16-2012, 09:25 PM
18 opens out of 46 attempts. All cash. I think I was level 146 or 147 at the start and now I'm at 149. I think it will have cost me over $1M in attempts by the end of the event.

Fig Oni
03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Feel for you guy's.

At first it hard enough getting a box or two then you need to contend with the sorry pop up.
All I say it blow on your phone as you press the middle button.

2Legit
03-16-2012, 11:41 PM
what device are ya'll using?

ruffy
03-17-2012, 12:20 AM
this wall safe is slightly better luck for me, about 1 in 3 attempts using medium chances opening, getting so far 7 emeralds.

last event was horrible for me. about 1 in 10 attempts open using medium chance, stuck at 7 diamonds despite using iphone and ipad HD.

ya and i would think medium chance means about 50% chance... so ya, its bull****...

kinghansen
03-17-2012, 12:26 AM
this wall safe is slightly better luck for me, about 1 in 3 attempts using medium chances opening, getting so far 7 emeralds.

last event was horrible for me. about 1 in 10 attempts open using medium chance, stuck at 7 diamonds despite using iphone and ipad HD.

ya and i would think medium chance means about 50% chance... so ya, its bull****...

Medium chance is below 50% I'm thinking. So far my ratio of opening suggests around a 33% chance.

i need muney
03-17-2012, 01:02 AM
3 days without a stone. So.....yeah.

ruffy
03-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Medium chance is below 50% I'm thinking. So far my ratio of opening suggests around a 33% chance.

my english teacher probably din teach me that medium = below 50%

i would think that medium = 50%

then i studied probability and statistics too,

so a variant would happen and some people would get above 50% and some will get below 50%

it seems most people get below 50%, so this medium thingy is bull****. funzio just want us to use gold.

its an extra effort on their part to create this event, so if no profit from this, how can they answer to their shareholders?

Synergy
03-17-2012, 04:35 AM
it seems most people get below 50%, so this medium thingy is bull****. funzio just want us to use gold.

its an extra effort on their part to create this event, so if no profit from this, how can they answer to their shareholders?

Usually they won't. And if you request one you will be warned for doing so. No addressing any of the devs on here. Continue speaking about the issue and you will get at least a temp ban, like I did.

Brent
03-17-2012, 05:22 AM
My chance of opening a successful medium lockbox is probably 60%.

madawgg
03-17-2012, 07:24 AM
The chance varies with the number of emerald u have. Before 7 my chance is about 70 and now it's about 30ish

upsman_17
03-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I got the first 5 pretty easy, but its been about 1.5 days no with no emeralds. I was hoping for 5, shooting for 7 - so hopefully can get at least 2 more in the next couple days and I'll be happy. Really want the no bank feature but I don't think I'll get lucky 2 events in a row getting the top prize without using gold. Got the sig last time with only a couple hours to go in the event.

6-nutt
03-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Anyone else having a problem with going 2 days without a bar? I'm being snubbed completely. Zero out of 20

CrimeCityJIM
03-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Agree + 1..

upsman_17
03-17-2012, 08:35 AM
As for the % of opened boxes using the medium function, I'm still probably about 30-40%, would be nice if it were higher, but it is what it is. Most opens being B.S. Rasta Fatigues or $25K. As some have mentioned, they really should tier the loot drops for the event by levels, bc most of the drops besides emeralds or respect points provide no value at all unless I were level 60 or below. Save for the Fire Trucks, since my mafia isn't fully equipped with vehicles I do get full benefit from those. I'll trade you back the 5 Rasta Fatigues I have for 1 fire truck, What do ya say Funzio?

k0de
03-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah the Blow Torch definitely lives up to its name. Still, I got the first 5 Emeralds pretty easily I guess. Since then I've opened only 3 or 4 out of about a billion. I've got nearly as many Wall Safes as I do Butterfly Knives. I haven't spent any gold yet and probably won't since I only have 22 and can't really afford to buy any atm, but I am kinda curious about what I'd find if I opened every one I have.

Also I have to ask, what sort of arse-clown keeps Rasta Fatigues (or any similar pile of ****) in a damn safe? Emeralds, money, even guns I can understand (don't quite undersatnd how you can keep "respect" in a safe but I'll go with it for now). Seriously, if army camos are the most valuable thing you own, you have no business owning a safe. Where did you even get a safe anyway? I guess it doesn't matter really. I suppose logic dictates that if you have a safe you're gonna put something inside it. At least I haven't opened one and found a Blow Torch coz that would just fk with my head.

...and don't even get me started about finding a Fire Truck in a Wall Safe. Imagine trying to find a painting big enough to hide the thing... or a wall to put it in. Also, the next Wall Safe/Lockbox/whatever event should feature either the Yacht or Bulldozer because it just makes sense.

K@le
03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Better forget this emerald burner, funzio learnt a lesson with the Sig, too many people got it in the end for low gold cost,
They did it better this time, i heard some people already blew 1 to 2 complete vaults of gold and still stuck at 8 and 9 emeralds haha i dont spend any more gold on this item i lost 100 gold so far but your better off with 3 crates for 150 gold ;)
I dont care paying the 10% fee just make a good economy and your doing fine.

Brent
03-17-2012, 06:17 PM
So far today i got 8 sorry's in a row using the medium chance, like cmon funzio. Thats BS.

erik
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM
So far, I am finding this event to have an open rate of about 35%. The last event was about 40% with a population of over 100 attempts.

It appears the open rate is lower, the emerald rate is lower and the gold price of course is 50% higher. I will post final findings.

Santa
03-17-2012, 06:48 PM
So far, I am finding this event to have an open rate of about 35%. The last event was about 40% with a population of over 100 attempts.

It appears the open rate is lower, the emerald rate is lower and the gold price of course is 50% higher. I will post final findings.

Another excellent RM sinkhole pulled off by Funzio. Must resist the urge to spend gold to get free bank deposits...

k0de
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM

I must be remembering things incorrectly then. I thought the Lockbox price was 20 Gold? Or was that the timer reset?

deuces
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
I must be remembering things incorrectly then. I thought the Lockbox price was 20 Gold? Or was that the timer reset?

It was 10 gold during the lockbox event for both the unlock and timer reset.

6-nutt
03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Seriously, 3 days w/o a bar is bs. This is what screwed me last round. The last 2 days I was left bar-less. This is turning out the same