PDA

View Full Version : Positive Input

Burn
03-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Instead of all the negativity, how about we all make a positive contribution, not with a selfish agenda, but with a view to actually improving the game?

Where is the game currently weak? Where can it be improved?

Maybe if we help Funzio, they might help us in return, by making some genuine improvements that benefit payers of every level.

My contribution...

PVP and Farming is where it is at if you want to build strong stats.

The Map storyline in comparison is garbage, it is too costly in term of money, which you are often forced to spend on things you don't need, and the prizes at the end are regularly worthless.

You talk about 'balance' quite a lot recently, and this is an area where the game is clearly way out of balance.

Tweak the storyline Map quests, upgrade them to make them as beneficial as PVP, Thug Life, and Farming.

Someone suggested in another thread that Modern Warfare has more rewarding storyline Map quests. So clearly someone at Funzio already cottoned on to the fact that this was a weakness in Crime City.

If you know it is weak, please spend more time fixing it. You make your game better, which also benefits the 99% of your users that are not active on the Forum.

This will also give you less time to invest into Nerfing the good stuff that the 1% of us on the Forums are sharing with each other ;)

Forum Users are effectively a free, active and vocal part of your development team, certainly true in terms of testing and highlighting issues. So surely it's about time we got something other than a kick in the face for our efforts?

doug19
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Farming is a good part of the game. I enjoy it and now M4s have gone and DDs arnt worth it anymore I'm not sure what I'm playing for... I have no goals anymore other than to improve my economy, however this isnt Sim City, its Crime City! I want to be out collecting the best items available in order to commit some crimes, not building a city!

Please make farming more worthwhile!! Even if you change all the drop locations and items available every now and again to mix things up a bit to keep us on our toes, just so long as the items are worthwhile (ie... comparable to M4 and DD)

Nicholost
03-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Edited because the previous poster edited their post to be more positive and constructive... therefore rendering my totally awesome smart-ass comment useless. Darn it. :-/

I agree, farming is a playable component of this game, just as PvP, PvE, and economy is. The farming locations, frequency of drops, and most importantly, the quality of loot needs to increase. If Funzio wants to discourage farming in fear that it will cause an imbalance between those who do farm with those who do not, the storyline needs to drop better loot and do so more frequently. As as it stands though, the storyline is borderline useless due to it's horrible cost to reward ratio.

Burn
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Ooooh, randomised loot drops. All the good stuff, that drops only as a percentage chance, regardless of location. Kind of like the Lockboxes and Safes.

I like that, I bet plenty more will hate it though. All luck, no skill (or insider knowledge).

doug19
03-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Ooooh, randomised loot drops. All the good stuff, that drops only as a percentage chance, regardless of location. Kind of like the Lockboxes and Safes.

I like that, I bet plenty more will hate it though. All luck, no skill (or insider knowledge).

I was thinking more like:

- Item 1 has a given percentage chance of dropping at location X
- After a month (for example) Item 1 moves to a different loaction OR is removed from lootable drops and replaced with Item 2 which now drops in a different location at a different rate

I know this wouldn't be as good as what we're used to but I can't see Funzio ever bringing that back and I feel this would be an ok compromise

Nicholost
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Add a gunsmith feature that is purchasable with in-game cash (not gold) to have guns "upgraded." The cost is per-gun and is unlockable at the appropriate level relative to the stat increase. For instance, if I had 200 crowbars (2/1), I could pay $1,000/crowbar to upgrade each from 2/1 to 4/3 stating as level 16. I wouldn't have to gunsmith my entire inventory, only what I could afford. I would therefore have a bunch of stage II corwbars with 4/3 stats and a few standard crowbars with 2/1 stats. This feature would give users vested interest in their inventory because items would last longer, in addition to giving users multiple options/strategies. If I want to increase my stats X, do I upgrade Y or buy Z? That's a whole new dynamic.

Burn
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
So you become master of your own destiny, you can build attack and defence just as you can build economy?

I like that. Can it turn enough profit for Funzio though?

Sasha54
03-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I like the turn to the positive - after all it is Friday!!!!!!

I am new so the recent events don't affect me so much but the downer comments have put a slight damper on something I was starting to enjoy - albeit spending Waaaay too much time on.

I can certainly see everyone's side though - but it is still a game and if changes are occurring then ideas to make it better and more enjoyable - both for the old-timers and newbies are the best way to go.

I assume a lot of people play the game to get away from real-life problems sometimes - so having this be all negative too - can't be good for the soul.............

just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Max Power
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I have posted these in the past, many months ago, but I could re-iterate some again:

1. Make PvP loot drops above certain levels actually mean something.

2. Don't punish a player for following the map missions. Doing so makes you weak.

3. Don't allow people with 499 mob to attack people with 500+ in Thug Life rounds.

4. Dont have a 50 level gap between meaningful cash buildings at upper levels.

5. Don't change rules wholesale after months of gameplay. Counter them with other strategies.

That's about all for now. Lunch break is over....

Nicholost
03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
So you become master of your own destiny, you can build attack and defence just as you can build economy?

I like that. Can it turn enough profit for Funzio though?

Sure, with gold, you can instantly take weapons up to or beyond their maximum stage. For example, using the crowbar again, if stage II is 4/3 for $1000 at level 16, and stage III is 7/6 for $10,000 at level 55, and stage III is the maximum, using 50 gold will take all of the items (crowbars) you currently own to stage V. Of course, those numbers are pulled out of the air, but with a little tuning, the idea has potential.

Joeycool
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I have posted these in the past, many months ago, but I could re-iterate some again:

1. Make PvP loot drops above certain levels actually mean something.

2. Don't punish a player for following the map missions. Doing so makes you weak.

3. Don't allow people with 499 mob to attack people with 500+ in Thug Life rounds.

4. Dont have a 50 level gap between meaningful cash buildings at upper levels.

5. Don't change rules wholesale after months of gameplay. Counter them with other strategies.

That's about all for now. Lunch break is over....

absolute nail on the head as always max.

Fig Oni
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Instead of all the negativity, how about we all make a positive contribution, not with a selfish agenda, but with a view to actually improving the game?

Maybe if we help Funzio, they might help us in return, by making some genuine improvements that benefit payers of every level.

My contribution...

The Map storyline in comparison is garbage, it is too costly in term of money, which you are often forced to spend on things you don't need, and the prizes at the end are regularly worthless.

You talk about 'balance' quite a lot recently, and this is an area where the game is clearly way out of balance.

Tweak the storyline Map quests, upgrade them to make them as beneficial as PVP, Thug Life, and Farming.

Someone suggested in another thread that Modern Warfare has more rewarding storyline Map quests. So clearly someone at Funzio already cottoned on to the fact that this was a weakness in Crime City.

If you know it is weak, please spend more time fixing it. You make your game better, which also benefits the 99% of your users that are not active on the Forum.

This will also give you less time to invest into Nerfing the good stuff that the 1% of us on the Forums are sharing with each other ;)

Forum Users are effectively a free, active and vocal part of your development team, certainly true in terms of testing and highlighting issues. So surely it's about time we got something other than a kick in the face for our efforts?

Are you having a laugh.
Help conzio by ****ing ourselves up in the long run.
You carry on singing 'Over the Rainbow' with FUNzio.

I respect you but your post is not my liking

Burn
03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
lol

Check out some of my posts today, one of which is a discussion about creating a breakaway forum - my previous support of Funzio is very much on the wane.

So there won't be much Over the Rainbow being sung here. But if there are weaknesses in the game, that you think should be changed, then tell them.

Maybe if they are busy on changes, they won't be so busy nerfing sh!t ;)

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't think it matters which nipple you attach the positive end to. He will still get quite a jolt once the negative end is attached to the other nipple.

Santa
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM

My contribution...

The other perspective is that farming is overpowered and instead of making the map quests more powerful to balance it out, they should make farming weaker. I think that's where Funzio is coming from. Balance can go both ways, either by:

A) Downgrade the relatively overpowered (farming) to the, in Funzio's eyes, normal (map quests).
B) Upgrade the normal, in Funzio's eyes, (map quests) to overpowered(farming)

In the case of choice B, overpowered would then become normal.

Did that make sense?

G Wiz
03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Farming goes extinct...August 2012.

You've been warned!

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 05:07 PM
August that's optimistic, i was thinking April 1st...

G Wiz
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
lol...Sounds like a really mean april fools joke now that you say 'that' date!

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Apparently its not a joke...

G Wiz
03-16-2012, 09:43 PM
If this is not a joke, I dare someone from Funzio to rub my face all over my keyboar,fbvd fhbvfepvbeuvbeufrvbqeurfvbq358gf73q2u5g7u3bg385gb3 q5gu8fblkvnjnbvbvvbvbv v vejabv'v/.,,avm./ae,vmelfvnelfvrel.fvf.wfljw

Jill
03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
@max

As JC says you have nailed it.

G Wiz
03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey Cj, if I may ask what is or was the original plans for looting? I assume this was not a forseeable thing.

CJ54
03-17-2012, 12:20 AM
What do you mean, specifically? Looting as a concept, or specifically the loot items that got changed?

G Wiz
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
In general, loot as a concept. Did you guys expect it to be a foci for players or just something people receive as they go along?

CJ54
03-17-2012, 01:49 AM
In general, loot as a concept. Did you guys expect it to be a foci for players or just something people receive as they go along?

That's honestly a question I'm ill-equipped to answer on that broad a scale (at least without asking the team, and it's Saturday); the overall design of Crime City was before my time with the company and I don't know exactly how much it was meant to be a focal point of the game.

My conjecture is that it was meant to be pretty important. I DO know that the intention was to have multiple loot options open at various stages so there was an aspect of choice or strategy, or at least more tiers of "this is the best option for you, right now" than there were. The M4 really skewed a lot of that.

And here's the thing. If farming as an overall experience turns out to be not as fun, we'll look at that. One of the things we haven't done as well as we could have so far is communicate to the players the things we address that come in as feedback (the newer goals come to mind, both the recent thug life and the other higher-level attack goals that were added in the last few months. Those were added in response to player request.).

Burn
03-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Better communication is indeed the answer.

Just not from Boomer, his input is invariably bad news ;)

Nicholost
03-17-2012, 05:11 AM
Better communication is indeed the answer.

Just not from Boomer, his input is invariably bad news ;)

Haha! This ^. Even if most of what is said on the forums currently is negative, I'm stoked to hear you are passing along suggestions. Max Power's were excellent, and in all honesty, should be implemented; all of them. Mine is a spin-off from this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21874-Hoppe-s-Cleaning-Kit

Burn
03-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Surprised that we've had an 'official' response, and confirmation that these points are being noted, and then instead of further points being raised, or the discussion being continued, the thread dies.

I am starting to think there are a sizeable number of people here that are only ever looking for bad news or something to complain about. That Only find satisfaction in misery and conspiracy theories *sigh*

So for those that love misery and doom, let me help a little...

Funzio shot JFK, the shot was fired from the library, with an MA41, not from the grassy knoll with a Mossberg as previously thought. Everything else that has gone wrong in your life since, yeah that was Funzio too. It's not paranoia when they really do hate you. That guy you see when go out to the shop, that you think is watching you, he is, when the time is right he will Nerf your shopping. He works for Funzio. He nerfs milk mostly. All the oil you thought Saddam had, Funzio has it. They also haz all the cheezburgers.

For those that prefer good news... The sun is shining, I smell bacon frying, and those Thug Life R points just keep rolling in, oh and I just robbed my first (two of em actually) Rock Cafe. And Funzio have made a note of the list made by Max, so who knows, at least th points might get discussed.

Smile and the world smiles with you.

Burn
03-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Nerfcat...

I haz loaded my bullets with rusts to fire onto their good weaponz. lolz

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dVtcyVDEwaY/R1F4WpS2X8I/AAAAAAAAAJg/QKWj-IYudl8/s1600-R/killer-cat.jpg