PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Get all 10 TitBars, become 'internet tough,' & sustain your WAF.

Tanner
03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
On the interweb in various hobbyist forums there is an acronym that is now applicable here. It's called the WAF. Are any of you familiar with this? If not, I'm sure some wise husband will point it out here sooner or later. Or maybe some not-so-wise divorcee will spell it all out for us. ;)

Here's my "brilliant idea" for reaching all three goals in one.

1. Signup for a couple of credit cards in YOUR name only, and hope you get approved for one or more.
2. Buy wife a diamond ring/necklace/earrings
3. Buy a bunch of internet/fake/MW gold
4. Blow it all on MW gold so you can believe you're so much stronger on the internet.

Writing this out made me laugh out loud, b/c it's probably what some people are doing (minus the diamonds)

So what are YOU doing to get our TitBars, become Internet Tough and sustain your WAF?

War Priest
03-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Become internet tough and sustain your wife's acceptance factor.

Hmm....

War Priest
03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
You must be a "FREE" player.

JohnnyR
03-16-2012, 09:24 AM
You must be a "FREE" player.

3 or 4 of the most useful posters here are "free" players, sad commentary that every new change in Funzio's evolution of it's two most popular games nullifies strategy and requires more cash purchases. I'm not bitter yet, that might be because others are seeing the handwriting on the wall earlier than I. First casualty rates, now ultra unit that seems unattainable but by gold....what is next? Check out CC's boards for even louder wailing.....

War Priest
03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
3 or 4 of the most useful posters here are "free" players

Not for long...

JohnnyR
03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Yep, not here for long...

War Priest
03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
It's so aweful being a gold player. Don't ever buy gold guys, you will then become corrupted! Then you will become...oh no...and free player bully! Because that's why people buy gold, is to bully the free players. Right? It's not like gold players can battle other gold players, it has to be the opposite. All the gold players are on one big team and we call eachother everynight and plan our next attack against the free players. Damn, I just gave away our secret.

It's like people say, why buy something on a "FREE" game. Can't just take my money, and buy something I like anymore. No now it's wrong to spend your own money on a free game. Yet almost every app that is free, has a store within the game that requires purchases for some things.

But I am done here, I have to go to my thrid job, then later go get a loan from the bank just so I can support my gold buying habits. Don't want to run out of gold because then I can't "bully" all the free players. :cool:

Tanner
03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
It's so aweful being a gold player. Don't ever buy gold guys, you will then become corrupted! Then you will become...oh no...and free player bully! Because that's why people buy gold, is to bully the free players. Right? It's not like gold players can battle other gold players, it has to be the opposite. All the gold players are on one big team and we call eachother everynight and plan our next attack against the free players. Damn, I just gave away our secret.

It's like people say, why buy something on a "FREE" game. Can't just take my money, and buy something I like anymore. No now it's wrong to spend your own money on a free game. Yet almost every app that is free, has a store within the game that requires purchases for some things.

But I am done here, I have to go to my thrid job, then later go get a loan from the bank just so I can support my gold buying habits. Don't want to run out of gold because then I can't "bully" all the free players. :cool:

WP, Thank YOU! I KNEW that there was a secret society! I just knew that the minute I broke down and bought gold I'd be invited to the secret meeting at the secret location w/ an invitation written in secret invisible ink!

Seriously though, your post made me LOL the whole way through it and still now as I type. ;)

I'm only free b/c in the same way that some people spend a little (or a lot here) I spend a little (or a lot) elsewhere. Sure it maybe considered more socially acceptable to put my $$ into retirement or savings or my home, but it still remains that I choose where to spend the money, and then, boy oh boy do I spend it. It also happens to be very convenient to me that the WAF on retirement and household spending is pretty high, and I'm enjoying some of the other benefits of a higher WAF in life right now. ;)

Truth is...

(While I'm playing MW)

I'd love to spend a couple grand, become 100% golden and just rip people up one side and down the other
I'd love to be 'super internet tough' and almost invincible

However, I only play MW for a couple hours a day (did I just say ONLY) yeah, anyway, when I power off the device, I've still got to face myself. And trust me, if I find out that self spent $$ on the game that I spend approx <1% of my life on, self is in some deep ****.

so, back on topic, anymore great ideas for achieving all three goals? b/c honestly, I'd LOVE to be a little bit more 'internet tough' in MW. It makes me feel so awesome! RAWRRRR!

War Priest
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Nothing wrong with being a free player. I once upon a time was one. Just saying we're ( as in gold players) NOT all here to just beat up on free players. Hell, I'm camping and don't even attack now, only did for the event. When people attack me and LOSE, yes they always lose, that's their problem for attacking me without doing research of my inventory or stats. If they would look and see that I have over 50 ( and growing ) gold units, they wouldn't. Nothing wrong with spending your money else where. It's not like I put every single dime I have into this game. Some people are more wealthy than others, that may be a reason, and not wanting to spend money at all is a reasonable excuse.

I am a gold player for when in whale territory. I plan to chew the other gold players up like damn laffy taffy. And this WHOLE rant conversation wasn't for you. Just for those who hate gold players. You know how much hate mail I get when somebody attacks me, then loses and see all my gold units. Then they leave messages of how "I spent money on a FREE game".

Tanner
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM
WP,

I can promise you that however the rant I just wrote sounded to you, was not intended to be aimed at you. I really appreciate your contributions to the forum, and will someday appreciate your decimating the big goldiloxes in whale territory. ;)

please don't find me and annihilate me,
Tanner

War Priest
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah I know man.

stricker
03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Ok, Tanner & War Priest! Now that I've picked myself up off the floor...

add,
#5 Come to terms w/fact that you will experience an erratic, non-calculable casualty rate to your WAF equal to the patterns of your time playing MW.

Tanner
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Ok, Tanner & War Priest! Now that I've picked myself up off the floor...

add,
#5 Come to terms w/fact that you will experience an erratic, non-calculable casualty rate to your WAF equal to the patterns of your time playing MW.

LOL! that's money right there! ;)

*wife walks in room*
*power button-shove-phone-in-pocket shuffle*
ME: "HEY!"
HER: "Tell me you weren't playing that stupid game again"
*Gets phone back out to finish raid on cash cow*

Luke7676
03-16-2012, 12:29 PM
LOL! that's money right there! ;)

*wife walks in room*
*power button-shove-phone-in-pocket shuffle*
ME: "HEY!"
HER: "Tell me you weren't playing that stupid game again"
*Gets phone back out to finish raid on cash cow*

Lmao that's me to a T.. Infact she is looking at me now..

Tanner
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Lmao that's me to a T.. Infact she is looking at me now..

any guy can totally identify w/ the earliest levels. I had an alarm that went off literally every 5 minutes for the whole day, for the first 3 weeks. That's on my list of things to never do again.

yeah, but now you can tell her you're reading!

Luke7676
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM
any guy can totally identify w/ the earliest levels. I had an alarm that went off literally every 5 minutes for the whole day, for the first 3 weeks. That's on my list of things to never do again.

yeah, but now you can tell her you're reading!

True but lately she has come to find out I am posting on a game forum about a game that I play every few minutes it seems lol but mehh she is never happy with me anyways... So I say f it she is on her iPhone just as much as me ;) and that my friend is my defence haha

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Nothing wrong with being a free player. I once upon a time was one. Just saying we're ( as in gold players) NOT all here to just beat up on free players. Hell, I'm camping and don't even attack now, only did for the event. When people attack me and LOSE, yes they always lose, that's their problem for attacking me without doing research of my inventory or stats. If they would look and see that I have over 50 ( and growing ) gold units, they wouldn't. Nothing wrong with spending your money else where. It's not like I put every single dime I have into this game. Some people are more wealthy than others, that may be a reason, and not wanting to spend money at all is a reasonable excuse.

I am a gold player for when in whale territory. I plan to chew the other gold players up like damn laffy taffy. And this WHOLE rant conversation wasn't for you. Just for those who hate gold players. You know how much hate mail I get when somebody attacks me, then loses and see all my gold units. Then they leave messages of how "I spent money on a FREE game".

Well I hate to burst your bubble but in order for you to stand even a remote chance with the attitude presented you better consider having an attack and def score of at least 120,000 and if you don't want to be driven out of "Dodge' an all gold army = 2000 units. Otherwise if someone who happens to be that powerful reads something like that on your wall well then they may make it their mission to give you a massive dose of humility.....

The most interesting thing that is happening right now is that a group of the most powerful and I mean POWERFUL players (20K real dollar spenders) you will find in the game have banded together and have pretty much ended the game. Which in a way is rather interesting since this is a war game but what they have successfully done is brought a rather interesting peace to the highest levels of the game. Which if you look at the way the world works and war in general makes perfect sense and underlines another level of futility in this game.

And frankly what they have done makes sense since there isn't a lot to do once you get up here, the only thing that keeps me even remotely interested in the game now are the posts on friends walls but then that caters to my extremely warped sense of humor.

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
True but lately she has come to find out I am posting on a game forum about a game that I play every few minutes it seems lol but mehh she is never happy with me anyways... So I say f it she is on her iPhone just as much as me ;) and that my friend is my defence haha

Yeah I get the evil eye as well but then she players her own games and just as diligently so I can get off the hook. Oh and I do help her out with her games from a technical standpoint.

War Priest
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Well I hate to burst your bubble but in order for you to stand even a remote chance with the attitude presented you better consider having an attack and def score of at least 120,000 and if you don't want to be driven out of "Dodge' an all gold army = 2000 units. Otherwise if someone who happens to be that powerful reads something like that on your wall well then they may make it their mission to give you a massive dose of humility.....

The most interesting thing that is happening right now is that a group of the most powerful and I mean POWERFUL players (20K real dollar spenders) you will find in the game have banded together and have pretty much ended the game. Which in a way is rather interesting since this is a war game but what they have successfully done is brought a rather interesting peace to the highest levels of the game. Which if you look at the way the world works and war in general makes perfect sense and underlines another level of futility in this game.

And frankly what they have done makes sense since there isn't a lot to do once you get up here, the only thing that keeps me even remotely interested in the game now are the posts on friends walls but then that caters to my extremely warped sense of humor.

I'll be ok. Thanks for the concern.

What is with all the serious posts today?

Mcdoc
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
*wife walks in room*

"Tell me you weren't playing that stupid game again"*

Wow - did someone put a listening device in my house? Here I thought I was the only one - LoL

She hasn't figured what a forum is, so I have her convinced this is important email - and I just got her a smart phone for Chirstmas and she has discovered Facebook - so now I get to bust her for being on her little tiny Android screen while I'm gaming on this huge I-pad.

As far as gold goes - I know that games are my vice - like heroine to me. When I first got out of the Navy in 2000, I was hooked on Diablo. I would play it for 18 hours a day with 2 computers simultaneously. Luckily the wife was working 12 of those hours - but she noticed that I was still sitting in the same shorts in t-shirt for 3 days and would get annoyed (South Park did an episode on World of War Craft the makes me laugh because it reminds me of this dark time). Then I got worse with Diable 2. But I turned it into a positive since I would sell high end weapons on EBay - like for real money. I once got $99 for an uber bow. So I quit gaming for a few years - then a friend told me I was totally missing out on a game called Star Wars Galaxies ( SWG ) I put the needle right back in my arm - only this time I had to pay $15 a month and I had built a new office (new home) specifically with 4 dedicated outlets configured in a way that I could play 4 computers at once. So now I was paying $60 a month for my own clan to play. SWG had a feature where you could tell your player to "Follow" another player - so I had 3 characters following my main character around.

Anyway, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't gamble, I'm a DJ so I really don't like going out on my nights off so I don't pay cover charges at bars - THIS is my primary form of personal entertainment - so spending $19 here and there is my cigaret money :)

I don't play gold to beat up others, I do it because - well honestly - because I can. Just like some people invest $1000's on 20 inch chrome rims - its what they want to do with their money :)

The only real thing I regret losing is time - if I focused this much energy on some other projects on the back burner right now - id be making an extra $20k a month in real life * sigh*

Enough about me - how was your day at work honey - LoL

Luke7676
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah I get the evil eye as well but then she players her own games and just as diligently so I can get off the hook. Oh and I do help her out with her games from a technical standpoint.

That's good. Yeah my wife has her games she plays too but most of the time it's Facebook. She just doesnt understand how you can get hooked on something, like this game and it is hard to walk away from for more then a couple hours without checking in :)

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Wow - did someone put a listening device in my house? Here I thought I was the only one - LoL

She hasn't figured what a forum is, so I have her convinced this is important email - and I just got her a smart phone for Chirstmas and she has discovered Facebook - so now I get to bust her for being on her little tiny Android screen while I'm gaming on this huge I-pad.

As far as gold goes - I know that games are my vice - like heroine to me. When I first got out of the Navy in 2000, I was hooked on Diablo. I would play it for 18 hours a day with 2 computers simultaneously. Luckily the wife was working 12 of those hours - but she noticed that I was still sitting in the same shorts in t-shirt for 3 days and would get annoyed (South Park did an episode on World of War Craft the makes me laugh because it reminds me of this dark time). Then I got worse with Diable 2. But I turned it into a positive since I would sell high end weapons on EBay - like for real money. I once got $99 for an uber bow. So I quit gaming for a few years - then a friend told me I was totally missing out on a game called Star Wars Galaxies ( SWG ) I put the needle right back in my arm - only this time I had to pay $15 a month and I had built a new office (new home) specifically with 4 dedicated outlets configured in a way that I could play 4 computers at once. So now I was paying $60 a month for my own clan to play. SWG had a feature where you could tell your player to "Follow" another player - so I had 3 characters following my main character around.

Anyway, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't gamble, I'm a DJ so I really don't like going out on my nights off so I don't pay cover charges at bars - THIS is my primary form of personal entertainment - so spending $19 here and there is my cigaret money

I don't play gold to beat up others, I do it because - well honestly - because I can. Just like some people invest $1000's on 20 inch chrome rims - its what they want to do with their money

The only real thing I regret losing is time - if I focused this much energy on some other projects on the back burner right now - id be making an extra $20k a month in real life * sigh*

Enough about me - how was your day at work honey - LoL

Hmmm I think I resemble that remark.. when I first sorted out my wife on a particular Facebook game I wound up playing as well but needed a bit more hardware to make it all work for me. I don't have a current shot of my desk or her's for that matter but these two I think will give a good idea of where we are at.

http://www.kevinomura.com/dump/myspace2.jpg

When we build our present house 13 years ago wifi was pretty slow so my house was wired with 1000T ethernet in every room including the master ensuite. Our office actually had 3 lines run in and each wall is on it's own 15 amp circuit. I now also have n wifi since we tend to use our laptops and IOS devices on the fly around the house. Oh yes and I am a pretty serious antique computer collector....much of which I get when we toss outdated hardware out at work or through friends who know of my 'addiction'.

http://www.kevinomura.com/dump/workshop1.jpg

Since the following photo was taken I was given an other ANS 700/200 which is fully populated with memory and hard drives. Yeah I know nothing to do with MW but even though I'm a free player here I do have my own vices....

http://www.kevinomura.com/macs/collection/macs1.jpg

Mcdoc
03-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey - I think I saw my first Mac computer from 1984 in that last photo :)

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I think that's a Plus but I do have a couple of 128k's and 512k's in the collection. Plus I collect all the old software since there isn't much point in having this stuff (hmm that didn't sound right) if you can't run it.

stricker
03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice AO... so the 1st pic is the living room, 2nd is bedroom and 3rd is kitchen pantry?
did I get that right?

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Nice AO... so the 1st pic is the living room, 2nd is bedroom and 3rd is kitchen pantry?
did I get that right?

Heh heh, thankfully not, the wife has me contained to the basement and our offices. Now if I lived alone it would be a real different story. Have to see if I can get a friend of mine who's an IT guru to take some shots of his house...... you can't walk in it because of the mountains of old servers and other assorted hardware.

stricker
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Heh heh, thankfully not, the wife has me contained to the basement and our offices. Now if I lived alone it would be a real different story. Have to see if I can get a friend of mine who's an IT guru to take some shots of his house...... you can't walk in it because of the mountains of old servers and other assorted hardware.
lol... i might venture a guess your IT friend does NOT have to deal w/the WAF

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 02:24 PM
lol... i might venture a guess your IT friend does NOT have to deal w/the WAF

Hmmm come to think of it he is divorced.....

stricker
03-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Hmmm come to think of it he is divorced.....
:/ well, that's not funny.
...now I'm thinking I better start a little spring cleaning around my house! eb@y...take me away!

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
:/ well, that's not funny.
...now I'm thinking I better start a little spring cleaning around my house! eb@y...take me away!

Good thing you aren't close by....

Bronco928
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Well I hate to burst your bubble but in order for you to stand even a remote chance with the attitude presented you better consider having an attack and def score of at least 120,000 and if you don't want to be driven out of "Dodge' an all gold army = 2000 units. Otherwise if someone who happens to be that powerful reads something like that on your wall well then they may make it their mission to give you a massive dose of humility......

There are some heavy hitters swimming in the waters no doubt; but interestingly, when I get hit by someone from level 158 with 150K attack and 180K defense, I ususally only lose 1 medic. However, get tagged by someone just a few thousand over you and your decimated!! I guess that was one of the corrections made to help alliaviate some of the problems.

Warpriest...how many T-bars...still at 8 myself. Used gold once and got 500 valor...painful.

War Priest
03-16-2012, 02:55 PM
There are some heavy hitters swimming in the waters no doubt; but interestingly, when I get hit by someone from level 158 with 150K attack and 180K defense, I ususally only lose 1 medic. However, get tagged by someone just a few thousand over you and your decimated!! I guess that was one of the corrections made to help alliaviate some of the problems.

Warpriest...how many T-bars...still at 8 myself. Used gold once and got 500 valor...painful.

I have all ten bars. Yeah and about that post, glad people know how much money is in my wallet. Even though they really don't. I have been playing only 2 and a half months and some of you could only imagine how much cash I put into this game.

Luke7676
03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I have all ten bars. Yeah and about that post, glad people know how much money is in my wallet. Even though they really don't. I have been playing only 2 and a half months and some of you could only imagine how much cash I put into this game.

Yeah I could imagine how much you spend :P I haven't even dropped 50 bucks in yet. Maybe like 35 do far since December

War Priest
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah I could imagine how much you spend :P I haven't even dropped 50 bucks in yet. Maybe like 35 do far since December

I haven't even spent that. :p

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 06:04 PM
I haven't even spent that....

stricker
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Redirect
...and now folks, back to the thread topic.

From Tanners original post:

HOWTO: Get all 10 TitBars, become 'internet tough,' & sustain your WAF.
[edit]
"brilliant ideas" for reaching all three goals in one.

1. Signup for a couple of credit cards in YOUR name only, and hope you get approved for one or more.
2. Buy wife a diamond ring/necklace/earrings
3. Buy a bunch of internet/fake/MW gold
4. Blow it all on MW gold so you can believe you're so much stronger on the internet.
[edit & insert by stricker]
5. Come to terms w/fact that you will experience an erratic, non-calculable casualty rate to your WAF equal to the patterns of your time playing MW.
[edit & end insert by stricker]
So what are YOU doing to get our TitBars, become Internet Tough and sustain your WAF?

War Priest
03-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I haven't even spent that....

It was a joke AO. All the daily forumers know that I have quite a bit of gold. You just learned about it today, so I suppose that is why you've been giving me a hard time about my gold posts.