PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna explain to me what the big deal is about dd change?

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Now from what I read they did not change the stats of dd's any maybe made it alittle harder to get farm them am I right? so other than the 15m drop price to get at them there really is no reason to complain unless you dropped the 15m for them.
now the way I see it if you were willing to drop 15m just for 1 quest then you knew about farming and I bet most people that farmed dd's had ether maxed out on m4a1's or got bored of them and moved onto dd's but i see this being fair to us coming up that will not get the opportunity to farm m4a1's will not have to pay the 15m sticker price.
The only people who I really feel bad for are the players that just bought requirements in the last week or two and more then likely they will not be refunded although i think next time If your reading this funzio can you give us a 1-2 weeks warning next time?
Ultimately I see why people are mad but I feel this is more of people being angry because they can be angry bet 90% that are moaning about it aren't crying that you lost 100s of m4a1's? and most you that are complaining probably have dozen is not hundreds of dds already.

I know i will probably get a lot of hate for posting this but i really don't think its nearly as bad you guys are blowing it up to be. If you disagree with me then please tell me why other then they are greedy because im pretty sure most people who build a game that they invested there time and skill into making for us would like to see a little return.

If you disagree tell me why I wanna hear both sides since I wasn't saving up for dd's yet or already farming them I can only give my opinion based on the posts on these forums.

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
The energy needed for the job, plus the fact that it's a multi-tap instead of a single tap makes it close to not worth it. The excelero still has better stats, and the time spent for each is close to the same now(ish).

Swifty
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
I have only been farming Leila for Double Deckers a few days.

I dropped $15 million+ on it, but I got few Double Deckers, and if you figure that their equivalent cash value is more than $15 million each, I came out way ahead.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I have only been farming Leila for Double Deckers a few days.

I dropped $15 million+ on it, but I got few Double Deckers, and if you figure that their equivalent cash value is more than $15 million each, I came out way ahead.

yes but how many m4a1's do you have? im not judging I just wanna see how many people who were farming dds had m4a1's

Swifty
03-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I have 401 M4A1s.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 07:33 AM
My biggest problem is the energy requirment. It went from what...a 1 in 4 chance at 171 energy, which is basically 1 DD per 684 energy to an unknown drop rate at 343*7 or 2,401 energy. Even if it has a 100% drop rate that's 1 DD per 2,401 energy, so the drop rate was essentially cut to 1/4 of what it was before.

Plus the fact that this was done, once again, completely out of the blue. When I sent my email to Andy Keidel, who I have emailed back and forth eith numerous times and he's always been great, I told him I didn't agree with Funzio's decsion regarding the M4's and explained why, but also understand that they have to make business decisions and we all need to move on. I ended my email by saying that it would be nice if there was more communication by Funzio and they gave us a little warning when wholesale changes like this are going to happen. I guess that fell on deaf ears.

Swifty
03-16-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't see how anyone can be surprised that there was a Double Decker change. You can be surprised at the exact form of the change. I was.

But after the Mossberg, and after the M4A1, how did you possibly think they were not going to make some kind of change?

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
My biggest problem is the energy requirment. It went from what...a 1 in 4 chance at 171 energy, which is basically 1 DD per 684 energy to an unknown drop rate at 343*7 or 2,401 energy. Even if it has a 100% drop rate that's 1 DD per 2,401 energy, so the drop rate was essentially cut to 1/4 of what it was before.

Plus the fact that this was done, once again, completely out of the blue. When I sent my email to Andy Keidel, who I have emailed back and forth eith numerous times and he's always been great, I told him I didn't agree with Funzio's decsion regarding the M4's and explained why, but also understand that they have to make business decisions and we all need to move on. I ended my email by saying that it would be nice if their was more communication by Funzio and they gave us a little warning when wholesale changes like this are going to happen. I guess that fell on deaf ears.

so they are alittle harder to get but they took away the 15m price tag? and they they may take more energy to get but its still better then buying cars since there so expensive.

also the moders can do almost as much as us they get there paycheck from the top men who paid to have this game made there's not much they can do if there boss tells them to do it and they wouldn't guess what happens? they get fired ultimately you don't bite the hands that feed you. yelling at the developers is like yelling at the managers at McDonald's for there food they is little to none that they can actually do for you but there gonna take the brute of the anger for decisions that the top bosses decide for them.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't see how anyone can be surprised that there was a Double Decker change. You can be surprised at the exact form of the change. I was.

But after the Mossberg, and after the M4A1, how did you possibly think they were not going to make some kind of change?

You may be right, but Funzio has proven time and time again that their communication skills are basically non-existant. I've run my own business for most of my life and it's "Business 101" to communicate with your customers and treat them, especially your hardcore customers, well. You simply don't make wholesale changes to a business without any forum of communication and then either get defensive or completely disappear when customers question your actions.

It would be like McDonald's changing their french fries in the middle of the night, with no explanation and then not responding or responding defensively when all the longtime McDonald's customers complain about it. There's a strategy to making changes and Funzio has failed miserably each time.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:48 AM
You may be right, but Funzio has proven time and time again that their communication skills are basically non-existant. I've run my own business for most of my life and it's "Business 101" to communicate with your customers and treat them, especially your hardcore customers, well. You simply don't make wholesale changes to a business without any forum of communication and then either get defensive or completely disappear when customers question your actions.

It would be like McDonald's changing their french fries in the middle of the night, with no explanation and then not responding or responding defensively when all the longtime McDonald's customers complain about it. There's a strategy to making changes and Funzio has failed miserably each time.

even in my first post I agree with that i even said to quote myself "funzio can you give us a 1-2 weeks warning next time?" however that is the only real gripe I have with the moders on this one. And yea that is very important to keep in touch with your long term customers. Which in this case they got a F lolz.

k0de
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
...there really is no reason to complain unless you dropped the 15m for them.

I dropped $15M for them about 10 days ago. Ended up with about 40 and I had a good run- several times I got 4 from 9 attempts. Plus the cash payout was a nice little bonus.

The thing that gets to me the most is that I was tossing up between dropping the $15M to switch from M4s to DDs, or saving for another week or so and building a Nightclub (which I'd have by now). I had about $29M at the time and chose to go after the DDs, leaving me with $14M, most of which was spent on a few upgrades. I've saved a bit more since then but am still nowhere near building my first Nightclub.
Further to that, I spent a load of saved skill points to boost my energy from 1350 (10xBSG) to 1540 (9xLeila). Since there isn't really much left in the way of decent farmable loot it now feels like I've wasted those 19 points.

For me, it's kinda hard to say whether I made the right or wrong decision. Had I chosen the alternative I would have missed out on DDs altogether. On the other hand, it would seem that economy is going to play a much bigger role in a successful strategy.

Perhaps neither option was better or worse than the other. Had I built the NC, perhaps I'd be here complaining about missing out on DDs. The grass is always greener, as they say. But still... *shakes fist* ...fking Nightclub!!!!:mad:

Ohaithere
03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
I spent a little over a week saving for them (55k income) and only had a day and a half of farming them, I would have massively bumped up my income instead. It cost me more than the equivalent of two vaults of cash to unlock for less than 48 h farming

Max Power
03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
I maxed out on M4s and have over 200 DDers and I am still pissed.

It's not about "I got mine, you get yours". I am pissed because:

1. Rule changes come willy nilly with no regard to whom it effects.
2. All attempts to level game play actually make it worse.
3. People behind me dont have the same chances that I did.
4. I spent a lot of money on the game, as have others, and they are just effing with us.
5. They don't give a crap what we think.

doug19
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
^ What Max Power said apart for...

I only have 303 M4s and no DDs. I now have no chance of catching up to players like Max Power, therefore if we were to ever meet in the game I would get thoroughly beat and there would be nothing I could do about it. How is this more balanced?

dudeman
03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I maxed out on M4s and have over 200 DDers and I am still pissed.

It's not about "I got mine, you get yours". I am pissed because:

1. Rule changes come willy nilly with no regard to whom it effects.
2. All attempts to level game play actually make it worse.
3. People behind me dont have the same chances that I did.
4. I spent a lot of money on the game, as have others, and they are just effing with us.
5. They don't give a crap what we think.

I was going to hold off on saying this, but after reading this post it seems appropriate.

Welcome to the dark side Max. These are things I have been saying for months.

Max Power
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I was going to hold off on saying this, but after reading this post it seems appropriate.

Welcome to the dark side Max. These are things I have been saying for months.

I thought about that this morning, and I actually thought that "hey, Dudeman was right all along", although that still doesn't clear up all our issues....LOL!

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Ha, I wanted to say the same thing, dudeman. You know something's wrong when even Max Power gets angry.

Matt Butterworth
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Wow. I'm glad I didn't drop the $15 mil. I'm a non-cash player with an econ of $70k & now I'll happily drop on the hotel.

whocareswhatmynameis
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Ha, I wanted to say the same thing, dudeman. You know something's wrong when even Max Power gets angry.

something is definitely wrong when max power gets angry at FUNZIO.

but a more startling development is dudeman and max power seeing eye-to-eye on most issues.

if you wait long enough... :)

duelblade
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM

I only have 303 M4s and no DDs. I now have no chance of catching up to players like Max Power, therefore if we were to ever meet in the game I would get thoroughly beat and there would be nothing I could do about it. How is this more balanced?

yea thats how i feel but I've been a camper for awhile now and i doubt that will change... but from another thread i made it would cost 1400 american dollars just to buy 500 guns to the same level as the m4a1

kimberleyj
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM

I agree , I own 11 m4s and 4 dd nearly everyone I play against has atleast 200 m4s.