PDA

View Full Version : Only option is to not buy gold

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 06:22 AM
This is to everyone who is pissed about all the drops being nerfed.

If you don't like what's happening in this game then the only option (other than not playing) is to not buy gold. It's become increasingly obvious over the last few days that funzio has no intention of letting this game be fun and equal for everyone, and instead just want it to be a cash cow. And it will be. There is no denying that. There will always be Payams and the like willing to spend thousands of dollars on an iPhone game. That being said, the only way for you to do anything that funzio may notice at all is to not spend real money on gold. Yeah it won't be a huge hit on their income, but it's the only thing they'll notice, especially seeing as this forums is nothing more than a way for them to pretend like they care.

Does anyone on here know how to make their own forum? I know it can't be that hard, and I think invisionfree has some templates that can used. I also know you can make it so that only members can read what is posted, so as not to let funzio in on our discussions.

Oh, and I would greatly like a response to everything I've said, funzio. If you really do read everything on the forums then you should post more. It makes us believe you actually care.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 06:36 AM
yea I've already purchased 1000 gold bars for gold buildings and a couple gold items but I honesty will not put another penny into this game until they prove that there updating this game for more then there checkbooks. I really do enjoy this game and I don't mind paying into a game I like but I just can't support them until the show some support for the game and not just their checkbooks.

Swifty
03-16-2012, 06:37 AM
They see everything.

Doing something about it is a different question.

Burn
03-16-2012, 06:39 AM
In honesty, and you ain't gonna want to hear it.

The changes being made by Funzio are as a direct result of this Forum.

Every looting spot is flagged up and discussed here at length, the MA41 has had well over a 100 different threads dedicated to it.

The Double Decker is going the same way.

You might as well be walking around with a banner proclaiming "This is how you get what you want without paying any money to Funzio".

A breakaway forum is an option, certainly it will allow things to be discussed without censure.

But Funzio will read it just the same, and get the same info as regards what needs nerfing or 'balancing' as they do here.

There is an old Chinese proverb that holds true... "The loudest duck gets shot first".

Swifty
03-16-2012, 06:43 AM
I like that old Chinese proverb.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 06:43 AM
In honesty, and you ain't gonna want to hear it.

The changes being made by Funzio are as a direct result of this Forum.

Every looting spot is flagged up and discussed here at length, the MA41 has had well over a 100 different threads dedicated to it.

The Double Decker is going the same way.

You might as well be walking around with a banner proclaiming "This is how you get what you want without paying any money to Funzio".

A breakaway forum is an option, certainly it will allow things to be discussed without censure.

But Funzio will read it just the same, and get the same info as regards what needs nerfing or 'balancing' as they do here.

There is an old Chinese proverb that holds true... "The loudest duck gets shot first".

sad but true i guess the only thing to do is find very good farm items and be selfish or send info to people you trust via email so they can't see it.

Burn
03-16-2012, 06:53 AM
New forum, privately owned.

1. Public area

2. VIP private area

Drop rates, strategies, loot locations, only discussed in VIP area. You only get into VIP with an invite.

You need a new Field of Dreams. If you build it, they will come

(And whoever builds it will maybe even make enough revenue from Google Ads to fund all of their Gold purchases).

Plus, if Funzio growth continues, then as new games come along you can incorporate them in - a site like that might even turn into a tidy little business for someone.

Wordpress, plus BuddyPress, plus bbPress, very easily done.

I'll probably get banned for the above. Ho Hum. I'll live.

whocareswhatmynameis
03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
... the only way for you to do anything that funzio may notice at all is to not spend real money on gold...

i don't think FUNZIO cares for forum players at this point.

1. forum regulars represent a tiny portion of overall CC users.
2. nerfing M4A1s and DDs will only affect forum members.
3. for the vast majority of players who are oblivious to the forum and the existence of relatively easy farming missions, this won't even register a blip.
4. after the dust settles, a significant number of hardcore forum users will decide to stay. they will then have to shell out RM to remain competitive.
5. for those who do leave, most have already paid their dues in RM.

that is FUNZIO's logic.

gcooldude
03-16-2012, 07:12 AM
I haven't played CC for a while as I sold my iPhone and went to Android and they FINALLY released this game to Droid. So I take it everyone is upset cause they nerfed all the drop spots?

Swifty
03-16-2012, 07:26 AM
They have not yet nerfed all the drop spots but they are chipping away at it.

Jill
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Every word you say is absolutely true. I have been really down with all this cra p they have taken a game that is so enjoyable and turned it upside down. As for the forum, well I think they have screwed us too. Really can't be bothered anymore...... Sad

i don't think FUNZIO cares for forum players at this point.

1. forum regulars represent a tiny portion of overall CC users.
2. nerfing M4A1s and DDs will only affect forum members.
3. for the vast majority of players who are oblivious to the forum and the existence of relatively easy farming missions, this won't even register a blip.
4. after the dust settles, a significant number of hardcore forum users will decide to stay. they will then have to shell out RM to remain competitive.
5. for those who do leave, most have already paid their dues in RM.

that is FUNZIO's logic.

Swifty
03-16-2012, 07:32 AM
But if you don't buy gold, how are you going to open the wall safes with a high rate of success?

I am opening wall safes at about a 30% success rate with the middle/cash option.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
What if everybody refused to participate at all in the wall safe event? It's kind of late now, but I assume Funzio can basically see everything that happens in the game. Wouldn't it be funny if a bunch of players didn't even attempt to open any safes as a protest? The rewards are pretty minimal in the long run and most players won't get them anyway, so it's no big deal if we don't participate.

Especially, if they continue doing stuff like this, maybe nobody on the forum should participate at all in the next event.

gcooldude
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
What if everybody refused to participate at all in the wall safe event? It's kind of late now, but I assume Funzio can basically see everything that happens in the game. Wouldn't it be funny if a bunch of players didn't even attempt to open any safes as a protest? The rewards are pretty minimal in the long run and most players won't get them anyway, so it's no big deal if we don't participate.

Especially, if they continue doing stuff like this, maybe nobody on the forum should participate at all in the next event.

Or even go further and nobody play the game at all for a month, that could make an impact on them. Though whatever you do is a challenge to get everyone on the forum to protest

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM

There would be no point in doing that. It only hurts us since we can get the items without spending gold.

Burn
03-16-2012, 08:03 AM
10 million users, 1 million active daily users.

There are how many forum members and guests, maybe 2000?

That's 0.2%

Margin for error? Let's multiply that by 5 and say forum users and guests represent 1% of total active players.

And you think your opinion, or your actions, matter?

The primary purpose of the forums, and forum users, from Funzios perspective is most likely unpaid testers, unpaid game tuners, and unpaid guineau pigs.

*stands up* "Hello my name is Burn, I'm a guineau pig, I haven't played Crime City for 7 minutes now"

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 08:05 AM
There would be no point in doing that. It only hurts us since we can get the items without spending gold.

It's a Hell of a lot more difficult. I'd like to know what percentage of people that got the Diamond Sig and/or got the end Emerald weapon without spending ANY gold whatsoever. I don't mean not buying new gold...I mean not SPENDING any gold. Funzio is banking on people spending gold on these events too, so they'll have to buy more gold in the future. SInce I won't be spending even one gold bar on this, I'll have gold leftover for other things.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 08:09 AM
10 million users, 1 million active daily users.

There are how many forum members and guests, maybe 2000?

That's 0.2%

Margin for error? Let's multiply that by 5 and say forum users and guests represent 1% of total active players.

And you think your opinion, or your actions, matter?

The primary purpose of the forums, and forum users, from Funzios perspective is most likely unpaid testers, unpaid game tuners, and unpaid guineau pigs.

*stands up* "Hello my name is Burn, I'm a guineau pig, I haven't played Crime City for 7 minutes now"

True. This forum represents a miniscule percentage of the total players, but Funzio has made numerous wholesale changes to the game entirely because of this forum. If we really are such a small percentage of the overall game population and Funzio wouldn't care if we all stopped playing then why would they care that such a small percentage of players are supposedly "cheating" and affecting the balance of the game for the other 999,000 daily players?

Burn
03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Thing is though, if I was Funzio, rather than upsetting my most publically visible and vocal customers, I would support them.

They (we) are in the minority, so let us farm, let us build our stats without spending Gold if we want - because ultimately we are the people that the regular player has to compete with and beat, and how will they beat us? By buying more Gold is my guess.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Thing is though, if I was Funzio, rather than upsetting my most publically visible and vocal customers, I would support them.

They (we) are in the minority, so let us farm, let us build our stats without spending Gold if we want - because ultimately we are the people that the regular player has to compete with and beat, and how will they beat us? By buying more Gold is my guess.

Totally agree. A business can't make all their decisions based on what a very small, although vocal, percentage of their customers think, but they still have to support them in some way.

Think of it as like a bar's small group of regulars that come in there every day. Like Norm and Cliff from the tv show Cheers--I'm assuming people in countries other than the USA know what Cheers is, but maybe not. In any event, those 2 guys made up a very small percentage of the bar's overall sales, but why on Earth would you want to piss them off so much that they decide to leave? Even if "regulars" don't spend as much as the rest of the customers, there's just no reason to piss off the regulars.

If 1% of the overall population of the game want to farm stuff, what's the harm, especially if the other 99% don't know anything about it and don't care?

Burn
03-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Plus, when us Forum Users all reach the higher levels, because we are so used to winning on the way up, we are not going to take kindly to then losing all the time - what will we do? Buy more Gold is my guess.

Don't p!ss off Norm and Cliff and make them leave just before they are about to start drinking heavily ;)

Max Power
03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I would guess the the forums users, being the sharp end of the spear, and most passionate, probably spent much more on gold than the average game player. Without these forums I would have bought far less, if any, and I am sure I am not alone.

Instead, by using us as a beta group and not having the foresight to have anyone in house actually play the game, when people search the words Funzio and Crime City, some pretty good profanity is gonna come right up with it. The gold players on this forum paid for this forum, and they have turned it from a PR tool to a PR disaster.

Unbelieveable. If you had scripted it I would have said nobody is that incompetent.

Burn
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
As said elsewhere, I've always been loosely supportive of Funzio. I try to always keep in mind that they are in business to turn a profit.

But some of the current actions, unless they either communicate the Why and Wherefore much better, or make some postive changes to offset the speight of recent negative changes, does indeed smack of shortsightedness and, yes, maybe incompetence.

G Wiz had it right earlier when he said "Sigh...where is the recuperation time in between all this hard news!"