PDA

View Full Version : Dishonest Gaming

Ramjet
03-16-2012, 03:17 AM
It's with regret I have removed this app but I will not stomach the methods used of extracting Gold from gamers.

My stats were Lvl 66, had 8 Plat on this current event, 56 supply crates unused.

To use the term 'Medium' chance for the rusted knife sounds like a 50% chance. Having read how few people have hit 10 plat and that with having to use Gold to get there is atrocious.

The game was fun but for the underhand/weighted methods used by Funzio is not right in my books.

I would suggest that those gamers spending their Gold should look for better beer elsewhere.

Those that suffered at my hands in game, may you be more victorious in my absence! :D

Ramjet

Mcdoc
03-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Would have been much more fair if the free option was 25% open with 10% chance of those being TB, rusty being 50% open with 25% chance of TB & Gold try at the already 100% open was 50% TB.

Then after you hit 10 TB - the undestructable units changed to higher stat units and the next 10th TB was a 10% ALL defense bonus - rinse / repeat - and the next 10th TB could have been a 10% ALL attack bonus - repeat - 10th unit 10% unit into battle increase.

I guarantee gold sales would have been through the roof!

stricker
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
It's with regret I have removed this app but I will not stomach the methods used of extracting Gold from gamers.

My stats were Lvl 66, had 8 Plat on this current event, 56 supply crates unused.

To use the term 'Medium' chance for the rusted knife sounds like a 50% chance. Having read how few people have hit 10 plat and that with having to use Gold to get there is atrocious.

The game was fun but for the underhand/weighted methods used by Funzio is not right in my books.

I would suggest that those gamers spending their Gold should look for better beer elsewhere.

Those that suffered at my hands in game, may you be more victorious in my absence! :D

Ramjet

the reality of actual modern wars (not this game) is much the same as this game, if you think about it. One could make numerous comparison, from unsustainable casualty rates to 'he who owns the gold rules,' etc, etc.; So, it's is war... and war is h311! I approach the game with that in mind and the devs do what they do for their reasons... for better or for worse, and just face the challenge of how to manage a winning strategy under whatever the environment there is. Once you come to terms w/things you may not agree with or just subjectively don't like, you can lay that to rest and move forward with gaming or quit under whatever terms you decide. ...my 2 cent.

Sounds like you had made a lot of headway... and, you possibly had some fun with the game along the way, too. Hope you find your better beer. Cheers, Ramjet.

Tanner
03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
seriously?

Funzio posted the odds in the announcement. They told us upfront "this is going to get super freaking hard to get TitBars when you get closer to 10" You've played this game long enough to know that what they said translates to gold players, get your wallets out, this is going to cost you. It's just that this time, while the gold players get to be further 'internet tough,' we get indestructible units for FREE!

seriously.

Blackstone
03-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm currently at 8 bars and figure there's no way to reach 10 (for free), but I've had fun the last week and enjoyed the event. Hope they do more in the future because it's better than camping.

Plus Funzio did post the odds and I knew it would be hard when the guy said not exactly at 0 three times - maybe like .0001 or something lol.

Pace
03-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Did they post the odds of getting titanium bars? I got six, then broke down and used gold. 0 for 12 out of the last 12 opens. still at 6. Got allies, 60k, 100 valor and some so-so units... I too feel like they misrepresented the odds a little bit.

Flipmode
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I take everything with a pinch of salt. Know the game is geared towards gold players, but they're playing their own game in their own league. If I manage to get to the 7th T-Bar before it ends then I am happy. Got a load of free stuff that previously I wouldn't have.

Knew that a free player would never make 10 bars (unless they miss work/sleep or get lucky), so lowered my expectations and viewed the whole thing as a bonus. I'm happy.

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I have to admit I was surprised to make it to 8 bars with 89 unopened boxes. I wish I could select an option that would allow me to give back a box when I attack or raid as I really don't want any more, heck I stopped wanting them a couple of days ago when I had about 20 because I know there is no way in heck I'm going to be able to open them in time.

With 1.5 days left to go I notice opens have really dropped off since yesterday I think across the 4 of us we have opened 2-3 boxes in about 20+ tries.

Bronco928
03-16-2012, 02:51 PM
seriously?

Funzio posted the odds in the announcement. They told us upfront "this is going to get super freaking hard to get TitBars when you get closer to 10" You've played this game long enough to know that what they said translates to gold players, get your wallets out, this is going to cost you. It's just that this time, while the gold players get to be further 'internet tough,' we get indestructible units for FREE!

seriously.

Guys, using gold DOES NOT gaurantee success in this event in any way, shape, or form. The only thing gold will do for you, is provide additional opportunities to open boxes. The only people that I have seen with the armed infirmary unit, were those who beta test and had the event for extra time.

Mcdoc
03-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Guys, using gold DOES NOT gaurantee success in this event in any way, shape, or form. The only thing gold will do for you, is provide additional opportunities to open boxes. The only people that I have seen with the armed infirmary unit, were those who beta test and had the event for extra time.

Actually - it is a guarantee that will successfully OPEN the box. But you're correct that there's no guarantee for Titanium Bars. I've opened with Gold just to get 300 Valor Points or an extra Ally or $100k.

I'm at 9 TB right now - 194 unopened boxes :/ - I have hope for the 10th Bar to pop out soon!

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
I guess I would look at it this way, if all Funzio is interested in doing is cashing in on this event then you will fail. If it isn't rigged and a fair fight then you will get your last bar.

JohnnyR
03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Nobody free's getting that last bar... I'm cool with that though.

Col.34w
03-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah..medium chance seems very generous indeed. Yeah, I am happy about getting some free units along the way, but I am 0 for today even opening one single box. I was hoping for seven TB, but have been stuck on five. I figured if I got close to ten I might even buy some...gulp...gold.

War Priest
03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah..medium chance seems very generous indeed. Yeah, I am happy about getting some free units along the way, but I am 0 for today even opening one single box. I was hoping for seven TB, but have been stuck on five. I figured if I got close to ten I might even buy some...gulp...gold.

You gotta love the Gold :)

KingMuck
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
what are these boxes yall are talking about?
please respond

Col.34w
03-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Howdy padner. Check the ammo box event guide at the top of the general forum.