PDA

View Full Version : INVESTIGATION UPDATE!

Boomer
03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
DOUBLE DECKER

As a result of prior investigations, we found some items that had duplicate entries, however there were no dispcrepenies.

Updated Double Decker info:

* Double Decker Stats are NOT going to be changed.
* Double Decker will no longer drop from Leila Johnson.
* Double Decker will now drop from Sue Pine.
* 112 new Thug Life Goals
* Increased chance of stealing a lock box when attacking players

deuces
03-15-2012, 10:20 PM
:( sigh, cya leila.

thisisdream
03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
I can see the game is dying and more players will leave

dudeman
03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Considering some players JUST paid the $15,600,000 price tag to unlock the Leila Johnson job, can we have that returned? It took a lot of time, wise decision making, and sacrifices for some people to save that amount of cash.

And Sue Pine will cost less than $1,000,000 to unlock.

That is a huge "up yours" to those of us who just dropped the cash on Leila if we don't see at least $14.6M of that returned directly to our banks.

Steve0
03-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Sure glad i didnt save up for that

Swifty
03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Holy Mackeral!!!!!

Instead of 1 x 171, now it is 7 x 343.

Major bummer, but I am happy to say that I was wrong about them changing the DD attack/defense.

Ghost3
03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow really? So how many people are you trying to force out? It's now changed to a multi click job that is infinitely more energy, obviously a weaker drop rate, and forcing to burn money on useless items?

Have fun with the little cash I have spent here, won't happen again

Ghost3
03-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Round 2 response, can I have my 17 mil I invested into unlocking that mission just to have the nerf bat brought out? Wanna maybe disclose any other items you have under "investigation"

dudeman
03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Holy Mackeral!!!!!

Instead of 1 x 171, now it is 7 x 343.

Major bummer, but I am happy to say that I was wrong about them changing the DD attack/defense.

I neglected to check the energy requirements.

Please refund my $15,600,000 and remove the two hummers (10/10) and the two bulldozers (13/9) from my inventory. Please FUnzio. Don't make this fiasco worse than it has already turned out.

jlhy
03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Wow what a kick to the nuts.

erik
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for telling us up front at least. I burned a full bar on a dead end, but that is not such a big deal.

Dudeman is right on... the other 4 vehicles are worthless and it would be a reasonable approach for this incredibly expensive unlock to be refunded if requested and the 4 vehicles returned.

I for one thought that Funzio had really thought this item through with appropriate level placement and buy in to leave it untouched. It was both a second tier offense and defense item, but a great filler for high levels.

A little disappointed in the sense that it seems to be one step back in implementing the right kinds of farm items, unlike M4s available at low level/low cost/supreme item.

I would only recommend to funzio to look very closely at giving those who farm to have fun, game appropriate options at a decent drop.

Cheers.

Swifty
03-15-2012, 10:45 PM
+1 erik

I am hoping that there are going to be some good adds to balance out the M4 A1 and Double Decker.

deuces
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
+1 erik

I am hoping that there are going to be some good adds to balance out the M4 A1 and Double Decker.

o/u on 5 members with 100+ posts "quitting" by the end of tomorrow?

Swifty
03-15-2012, 10:51 PM
@deuces

I would not put money on that, no matter what the over/under was.

But I hope people will stick around to see what Funzio has in mind. They took some away, now they can add some different.

Shoes
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Personally I am losing interest in CCHD

Nudie
03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Is the intention to reduce all non-gold players to the same level? Each and every strategy identified through the hard work by highly committed players has systemetically been rooted out and destroyed. Eventually all non-gold players will become vanilla sheep to be fleeced by the elite gold players. Methinks the sheep will flee the pen before that happens.

nvbealone
03-15-2012, 10:59 PM
time to quit this game

slackerboy
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
@Nudie : agreed, but it very surprising the amount of gold players with crappy stats. Some of them can throw a lot of money at the game but do not understand the mechanics.

Steve0
03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Afros and clown suits what a waist.

slackerboy
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
:D

Yeah I notice how some people will spend a bit of money to make there character very unique.

Mouse
03-15-2012, 11:11 PM
You crime city devs are on acid ffs spending 15mil on that waste

deuces
03-15-2012, 11:17 PM
@deuces

I would not put money on that, no matter what the over/under was.

But I hope people will stick around to see what Funzio has in mind. They took some away, now they can add some different.

naw agree, wouldnt be fun to bet on that. was just my way of saying theres gonna be a large amount of fallout from senior members over this. A large % of senior members have finished the m4a1 quest, and while some stuck up for the people still questing those, its different when something is taken directly from you. Altho i guess the object is still there in this case, just much less accessible.

I just logged into the game and clicked "to red light district" by game :/ I guess i'll farm the double decker elsewhere for a while? I dunno just looked through the job reward list and didnt find much i could use. Sucks, energy is close to a waste now. Maybe i'll start fighting a ton and level quickly just to actually do something. blah

Nudie
Afros and clown suits what a waist.

Hey! I happen to like my clown suit...

Tramp Stamp
Tramp Stamp's official response: lulz.

Ghost3
03-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Side note, if army base helicopter still drops dds, it should have a lower completion/energy ratio but think that spot got nerfed back in the "we messed up with multi clicks"

Gonna check that out and post back

epicrecipe
03-15-2012, 11:22 PM
LOL I literally just bough the two Hummers. Glad to know so many of my competitors are loaded w/ DDs and I can't keep pace.

Please clarify: multiclick jobs only drop on the last click, correct?

If I'm right, then this is a perfect example of how Funzio's tinkering jacks up long-term strategies...in a game design for long term strategies! In my case, it's two-fold. First, I have not spent my skill points on energy, rather I've got just enough to build between my check-in cycles and to reach my personal goal of high fight/robbery stats. This change means I'll have a mere 2-3 chance a day to drop a single bus using all my energy. It will take me several weeks to adjust for the new drop and ill have to level faster than I'm able to compete...thereby nullifying my prep work for HL.

Secondly, I've focused on building a strong economy (w/ a lot of gold buildings mind you) so that I could pursue the high entry fee for the old drop. You've rendered this vehicle unattainable for me.

Funzio's behavior lately begs several questions. I appreciate the increased engagement...please indulge us:
Is CC entering its end-of-life cycle? Or do they just want a fresh crop of players?

Why does Funzio change game mechanics in such a way that it makes it impossible to employ long-term strategies?

Is Funzio going to introduce mechanics that reduce tactical lead times? For example, shorter expansion times, build times, upgrade times, better drop rates would enable players to adjust to evolving game mechanics more easily and surely improve player sentiment.

As a mid-level player, I foresee severe disadvantages against HL players now. Is Funzio going to introduce new weapons classes for advanced players?

mongorie
03-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Luckily saving the money to unlock Leila only took me 4 days...

Tramp Stamp
03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
This is important: The goal wasn't and isn't to take away good farming opportunities, or to force people to buy gold.

[...]

The upshot of this is it has us looking at the flow of the game and the farming opportunities more closely (for areas where that can be improved, even), and that will only improve the overall game in the end.

http://lov-3.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1308258072-67.jpg

Behzat
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
They spoiled the game after their M4a1 decision.i dont have faith to Funzio anymore.if they dont give the items(can be new or old ones like M4s)i will seriously consider about my future payments because i dont want to play with this game only with gold buyers.if they didnt change anything i would spend much more for this game but their decisions started to destroy this beautiful game!Ambition and hunger for money can destroy everything,companies,people and their future..
i just want old CcHd back it was the only game i play and i enjoy.

dudeman
03-15-2012, 11:41 PM
My rivals list suddenly filled with rivals employing the old 499 mafia strategy. Funzio, this is a balance issue that needs to be addressed. Players who drop below 500 cannot be attacked for completion of Thug Life goals, yet every single player who maintains a mafia size below 500 is allowed to participate in the same goal.

Many goals have prerequisites and will only appear on the goals list once those prerequisites are met. Thug Life goals should only be accessible to players who have 500+ mafia. It seems like a bit of a give and take situation, but players with mafia sizes under 500 can take, and take, and take, but never give anything back.

Pease consider this suggestion. People who are playing the game the way it was meant to be played still receive the short end of the stick in matters such as this.

Tramp Stamp
03-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I suggest directly punishing dudeman for posting in this forum. It is the only way to demonstrate consistency. Sorry dudeman, but you must be nerfed (again).

dudeman
03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I suggest directly punishing dudeman for posting in this forum. It is the only way to demonstrate consistency. Sorry dudeman, but you must be nerfed (again).

Lawlz!ten mf'n characters!

mongorie
03-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Dudeman.. the only way we can fix the 499 mafia issue is to get EVERY player playing CC to drop to 499.... only then will they do something about it

slackerboy
03-15-2012, 11:50 PM
+1 dudeman

Agreed

All of a sudden I have noticed a large shift in the number of players in my list showing 500 mafia to now 499 or less.
Do not attack but just now make a point of robbing them cause I usually can ;)

G Wiz
03-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Why does in here smell like used condoms and brut deoderant?

Oh Leila doesn't drop DD's anymore? I see the guys no longer need to impress her.

Sigh...where is the recouperation time in between all this hard news!

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Can we nerf the Hammer in Waterfront? It has a 100% drop rate for crying out loud! That has to be the most imba thing in this game.

deuces
03-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Can we nerf the Hammer in Waterfront? It has a 100% drop rate for crying out loud! That has to be the most imba thing in this game.

I was just looking at that as my next possible farming location, what do YOU think TS???

G Wiz
03-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Would this ever happen some might ask?

--

Does Bear Grills drink his own piss?

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 12:41 AM
So i level up, dump 2000 energy on Leila (nothing) and have dinner. Jump on and read the forum and i thought i was dreaming. YOUR KIDDING FUNZIO. Why the DD's when there are plenty of other items out there far better then the DD? I find it very hard to believe this is nothing more then forcing us to buy gold..The dam stats are 18/14 HALF the attack of the excelro??? and you have a Marco's delivery truck with massive defence stats 28 (double the DD) better nerf that too. hang on just have every weapon at 1/1 and that will balance the game out...UNLESS you purchase gold...Caching$$$$ thats what this is about.

A little more explanation is required here Boomer...

Ohaithere
03-16-2012, 12:46 AM
After just over a week of saving 15m at 55k income per hour, I unlocked leila 3 days ago :( very disappointed, I thought I would at least have the same of time farming her as it did saving for her

doug19
03-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I was almost at the 15.6M required for leila, very glad I never reached it so couldn't waste my money. Feel sorry for all those that just did though, hope funzio reimburses you in someway

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Im gutted for you guy...I hope they don't say the Thug Life goals are a way of reimbursment.

deuces
03-16-2012, 01:05 AM
I was almost at the 15.6M required for leila, very glad I never reached it so couldn't waste my money. Feel sorry for all those that just did though, hope funzio reimburses you in someway

congratulations bud!!!

Ohaithere
03-16-2012, 01:05 AM
With 15m my income could have gone up by maybe 20pc+, my highest income building is a level 4 loft... Highest upgrade cost is 3.5m or something, very disappointed, moaning won't change anything I guess

My vault of cash is 7.5m... I saved enough for the Equilavent of over 2 vaults for less than 3 days farming

Synergy
03-16-2012, 03:05 AM
First the M4 is nerfed and now the DD requires double the amount of energy as before for a drop chance. Ill be playing a lot less. Have fun with my hood guys. There are a lot of similar games to this out there that I have played. For instance, Original Gangstaz AKA "OG". They ALL play on your ego and competitiveness in an attempt to get you to drop money, but the difference between those and CC is that Funzio is constantly looking for new ways to make money. Game changes are fine, but it can't always be a change to increase your profits.

The frequency of changes in attempts to make more $ have gradually increased since I started playing (just as the game was released), and as you can see from forum posts, it's drastically effecting the attitudes of the players and long term players are dropping like flies. I'm sure they have a financial analyst. Continuing on this path will eventually lead to "that guy" informing them that profits are dropping. By that time, it will be too late to gain back the gold spenders that are leaving because they feel like they're being taken advantage of (and rightfully so).

AppleMacGuy
03-16-2012, 03:17 AM
First the M4 is nerfed and now the DD requires double the amount of energy as before for a drop chance. Ill be playing a lot less. Have fun with my hood guys. There are a lot of similar games to this out there that I have played. For instance, Original Gangstaz AKA "OG". They ALL play on your ego and competitiveness in an attempt to get you to drop money, but the difference between those and CC is that Funzio is constantly looking for new ways to make money. Game changes are fine, but it can't always be a change to increase your profits.

The frequency of changes in attempts to make more $ have gradually increased since I started playing (just as the game was released), and as you can see from forum posts, it's drastically effecting the attitudes of the players and long term players are dropping like flies. I'm sure they have a financial analyst. Continuing on this path will eventually lead to "that guy" informing them that profits are dropping. By that time, it will be too late to gain back the gold spenders that are leaving because they feel like they're being taken advantage of (and rightfully so).

+1

I think Funzio just lost the last of their Respect Points with the community...

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 03:22 AM
So I probably shouldn't even bring this up but would the double deckers still be available from Leila on the 2.1.3 version? Or if it switched to Sue Pine on that version as well, would it be possible for one to drop per click rather than on job completion?

Gabbahh
03-16-2012, 04:20 AM

I agree.

I've stopped spending RM on gold for both CC and MW.
Farming is useless, and the amount of RP you need to get outfitted properly is just too much now.

Santa
03-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Luckily I'm only level 58. At least I have some time to think up a new strategy. It'll definitely involve more cash weapons.

We need a better farmable vehicle.

*someone finds a better farmable vehicle. Funzio nerfs it and tells us to go farm hammers at canal street.*

Max Power
03-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Honest to God, I have stuck up for you Funzio a multitude of times, but you guys are really proving to have your heads up your asses. What the hell is wrong with you?

qwikster
03-16-2012, 05:21 AM
i suspected this was coming. glad i followed my intuition. my 15m was invested in income builidngs instead.

sad prediction re. non-gold/low-spending players:

"You hear that Mr. Anderson?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death... Goodbye, Mr. Anderson..."

Shoes
03-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Ok well sue pines does put out the DDs but at a very high 7x343 per bus, but then I did get a safe and 113k! So far only tested once so no idea how reliable this is.

Fragtopian
03-16-2012, 05:40 AM
That's it, I'm camping.

I like how all this "balancing" does nothing of the sort. All it accomplishes is creating a greater gap between the early birds and everyone else, not to mention between gold and non-gold players. I am sure the last fact is entirely coincidental :rolleyes:

If balancing truly was the purpose here, the only slightly fair way to do it would be to introduce more decent items, not remove the few existing ones. But then that would slightly reduce the imbalance between gold spenders and the rest, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

At 499 M4s and 71DDs, I'm not in a bad position as a result of these changes. They still make the game a lot less interesting for me though, because what is there really left to do? Hit Sue Pine for 1-2 DDs per week? Play the "story" and ruin your economy in the process? Complete goals that seem to be specifically designed to make you less competitive?

Bottom line:
I am hesitant to spend my time on a long term game that frowns upon long term planning. As for spending my money on any such game? Not happening.

Hank
03-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I just want to say I am happy with what is happening with the Double Decker and M4A1. With these types of weapons in the game (weapons with high stats, that are easy to farm), it made PvP and working on your own hood a lot less important. I mean, why would you spend all of the time and energy checking your hood and collecting your money on time, if you could just get all the same benefits by clicking on leila or the shooting range a few times. Its no fun looking through my rivals list and seeing a bunch of shanty towns with nothing to rob because it was so easy to get by without an economy becuause of easily farmable weaponry. I think these changes will be good because now the people who invested the time in their hoods and playing the game like it was supposed to be played will be rewarded for their hard work. Hopefully more people will invest in their hoods and make the game more fun with more buildings to rob. I think the main reason so many people are mad, is because the "easy way" has now been taken out. You can still get really strong and compete in this game, its just not as easy now, but I think this game will benefit from it in the long run because hard work pays off. Even if some people quit now, new players will come and take their places and get to play a more fun and balanced game.

Caleb
03-16-2012, 06:04 AM
sigh... What a mess.

Really there are two very different Crime City games underway. The one that Funzio probably spent a lot of time designing, where completing maps five times each and pursuing goals like adding street lamps to your hood will result in players with a mix of loot coming from the random map drops and various rewards. And then there is the one that forum visitors undertake, which is primarily preparing for battle in the High Levels.

The HL player feedback in the forum makes it clear that if you don't want to be fodder later in the game, you need to spend all the lower levels working on your economy, farming the few decent weapons as they become available, and trying to maximize Respect. Pursuing the maps gets pushed to the side because it will level you too quickly and not provide sufficient loot to be a competitive player. The maps can be done later in the higher levels when you're bored and not fending off the crossfire from the gang wars.

Funzio seems to be trying to balance down to the original game where no strategy is required, leaving those of us with long term sights on the upper levels left with few options.

I don't know how they fix this problem, and I'm not sure if they can. Anything that is a balance for one version of the game is going to create further imbalances with the other one.

Burn
03-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Sigh...where is the recouperation time in between all this hard news!

Now I agree with that sentiment completely G.

I've been loosely supportive of Funzio (and been flamed for it) - they are running a business after all. That is the bottom line we all need to remember at times - they are not a charity, and will have targets to hit in terms of growth, sales and profitability.

IDG Venture put $20M into Funzio - and they will want to see a return.

But seriously, Funzio, or Jamil Moledina more specifically - from a Marketing perspective, from a Customer Loyalty/Retention perspective, and even in terms of your conversion rates from FREE Player to Gold Player, you are pushing your forum users too hard and too often at the moment.

Without a doubt you are causing an unnecessary degree of resentment from your most publically visible customer base, and you risk alienating many, not to mention the poor PR etc etc.

Unless of course you've analysed the maths, figured that the people you are affecting are in the minority, and the numbers still stack up positively in terms of your sales objectives.

In which, case, you'll do what you are doing and not give a sh!t.

mexx
03-16-2012, 06:23 AM
i spent $ 500 dollars or more in this game. but i don´t want give more money inside. its better i´ll buy a present for my little son whith the money.

its not funny. 3 days ago, i spent 15.600000 in leila from my hard erned money. and now somebody changed the rules.
it seems, someone want to take our money out of the pocket.

sorry for my bad english

duelblade
03-16-2012, 06:31 AM
well being a low level i was gonna buy another itunes card and pick up the anchor import buildings but its obvious that its not a good idea to invest real money into this game the way its going....it wouldn't be very long till they start nerfing respect points....

Coco c
03-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Let this be a lesson to us all....if you find something good in the game don't tell ANYBODY else and for goodness sake don't talk about it here!!!

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Um....what investigation are you talking about? Seems like there was no due process to speak of here.

mexx
03-16-2012, 07:24 AM
but this is the sense of this forum. exchange you with other people and talk about news and tips.

Thinks
03-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.... what a waste of an all-nighter farming cash for that dirty tramp, then blowing all my energy on her, then coming on here to find out if the 1/4 ratio was accurate only to find this..... this...

Fuming.... stepping away... cooling off... will be back later to post thoughts.

ogel45
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Interesting to think that the vast majority of people playing this game don't read the forums and so don't even realize what's going on. And that may be the reality behind the actions of Funzio. So what if a tiny percentage of people are upset as long as the cash keeps rolling in. Then again, I'm still confused why any sane person would spend money on these games. I guess the psychology behind human behavior that causes people to behave this way is beyond my understanding. I don't have credit card debt either.

TRAZ
03-16-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm always a day late to these things....lol...most don't read the forums and probably don't even know where drops are. I always get questions on my comments page asking such things and direct them to the forums.

Max Power
03-16-2012, 08:16 AM
The people that come to forums are gold spenders. Last night I tried to buy 1500 gold for the event and accidentally hit the cash option. Rather than hassle Funzio, I just banked it and bought the gold as well. That's $200 in one night and I have spent plenty in the past. Hundreds, god knows why.

To see them constantly kick their best customers in the shins with game changing fundamental policy changes, especially on things they should have sorted before going live is an insult to their core customers. Why do we have to suffer for their incompetence? The fact that it took them 4 months to figure out what stats we got on M4s because they clearly don't have any staff actually playing the game is just mind boggling to me, and to take people with clearly no customer service background communication these changes is just sprinkles on the donut.

If this were a game where people didn't invest so much money, no biggie.

But it is. People spent it, and they changed the terms. And then are surprised when people are upset.

I was gonna spend gold until I got that 10th emerald. Now I am not sure if I am even going to continue playing. Why waste my time on such incompetence?

upsman_17
03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Wow, just wow. Take away m4s (gut punch)....introduce new event (here, have some candy).....change DD dynamic (gut punch), all within a few days. Not sure if this causes me to quit or not, gonna take some time to think b4 making a quick emotion filled decision. But honestly, this is a very piss poor customer retention strategy. If I did business this way in my stores, I would be OUT OF BUSINESS.

Ghost3
03-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Fyi DD still dropping at army base helicopter, seems like a 1-5 completion ratio or so... Much butter then the new beezy they set up in red light, and the purchase items are somewhat useful

Giedrius
03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Initially I was shocked with news but now I cooled down. It looks like I'm going to come back to doing all map missions like I did before I started grinding m4's and dd's. I maxed on m4 and have 138 dd, shame I couldn't max it but it's not end of world. Map conquest I'm back! I have 20 areas maxed at level 5 and 9 areas at level 2 -3, so long way to go. I thing doing missions was made not for farming. Plus another thing another 112 levels of thug life goals will give a lot of extra R. In old days: guns m4, cars dd - came from energy, cw and nvb from respect. Not much room for improvisation, now more options there to use R. More room for strategy. Plus more fun for maxing areas of maps, less grinding. Funzio just gave us chance to earn extra 56000 R+ R you normally get while fighting. Where you guys going to use extra R? Exeleros coming back to consideration.

mexx
03-16-2012, 08:29 AM
@max. i´m 100 % with you. today in the morning i want to spend money for gold.
but now i´m disappointed about the development in this game. so i do not spend any money.

i´ll buy a present more for ester for my little son. it´s a better investment.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Initially I was shocked with news but now I cooled down. It looks like I'm going to come back to doing all map missions like I did before I started grinding m4's and dd's. I maxed on m4 and have 138 dd, shame I couldn't max it but it's not end of world. Map conquest I'm back! I have 20 areas maxed at level 5 and 9 areas at level 2 -3, so long way to go. I thing doing missions was made not for farming. Plus another thing another 112 levels of thug life goals will give a lot of extra R. In old days: guns m4, cars dd - came from energy, cw and nvb from respect. Not much room for improvisation, now more options there to use R. More room for strategy. Plus more fun for maxing areas of maps, less grinding. Funzio just gave us chance to earn extra 56000 R+ R you normally get while fighting. Where you guys going to use extra R? Exeleros coming back to consideration.

I think I'm going to go back to map missions too. That's what I was doing up until a month ago until I started M4's. I'm not as far as you. I have 18 areas maxed and then I'm done with level 1 for another 2.

i need muney
03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
I knew i had to push on those =/

Burn
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I went back to Map Missions a couple of days ago. Whilst they are a bit crap in terms of what you get, they at least add variety. I'd even go as far as to say I had a tiny little bit of fun again.

That and the new Thug Lifes... I am not going to miss farming, it was extremely boring.

I got 370 M4 and no DD, and I'm still happy - so lighten you up you miserable muthachuffas ;)

Giedrius
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I think Funzio need to increase map completion rewards, preferably respect because guns for different level players have different effect. With respect you can plan your strategy. And more cash. CC buy ins expensive - rewards low. MW rewards was big enough to buy in for next missions, CC should be same as buy in gear very expensive and virtually don't increase your Att/def stats. Look to all the fuss about Leila buy in...

Max Power
03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
As for those going back to Thug Life?

Good luck with that. Expect to see a whole bunch of 499s.

Burn
03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I think Funzio need to increase map completion rewards, preferably respect because guns for different level players have different effect. With respect you can plan your strategy. And more cash. CC buy ins expensive - rewards low. MW rewards was big enough to buy in for next missions, CC should be same as buy in gear very expensive and virtually don't increase your Att/def stats. Look to all the fuss about Leila buy in...

^
This. Agree fully.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Totally agree. I've long thought that the rewards for map completions should be much better, especially since Funzio obviously wants us to play the game that way. They've made that quite clear. They designed the game for players to complete the maps and use the items dropped during each map job.

christo
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
DOUBLE DECKER

As a result of prior investigations, we found some items that had duplicate entries, however there were no dispcrepenies.

Updated Double Decker info:

* Double Decker Stats are NOT going to be changed.
* Double Decker will no longer drop from Leila Johnson.
* Double Decker will now drop from Sue Pine.
* 112 new Thug Life Goals
* Increased chance of stealing a lock box when attacking players

WTF????? I spent 15m to hit Leila Johnson because multi click drops weren't happening for iPhone users.
This is fvcking BS. It's not worth it anymore. The developers suck. And judging by most of the forum players... most agree. I'll never spend any money with you guys again.

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Honest to God, I have stuck up for you Funzio a multitude of times, but you guys are really proving to have your heads up your asses. What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm sure they have a financial analyst. Continuing on this path will eventually lead to "that guy" informing them that profits are dropping.

I'm reminded of Homer Simpson asking his three employees if they can work any harder in the "You Only Move Twice" episode. They simply say "yes sir" only to completely burn themselves out down the line. At Funzio, I imagine an order comes down from the top to increase revenue by a certain percentage by a certain date and in accomplishing this long term is exchanged for short term.

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
As for the forum's influence on the overall game, I feel confident that nearly 100% of the top customer base is directly affected by the forum through participating, lurking, or receiving data second hand. If this wasn't true, they wouldn't suddenly be spending so much time extracting information to be used detrimentally. Unless they're sadists, that is, which is probably on the table...

Funzio's desire seems to be to cultivate a bunch of rubes who constantly spend money out of desperation, but real life doesn't work that way. Greater investment means greater interest, which leads to increased attention to strategy and increased awareness in game environment. I realize there are plenty of uninformed gold spenders out there, but the ratio decreases as expenditure rises. Conversely, the vast majority of free players and small time spenders are totally uninformed and have no awareness of what is going on, but, at the same time, they have a far smaller influence on which direction the game takes.

Burn
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Very true TS.

We live in a connected 'social' world, where good news goes viral, but so does bad.

No wise Marketing man, particularly when your product is a game that sits squarely in the 'social' space, should be allowing Money men to treat their most vocal, publically visible customers so poorly.

You take some of that negativity to Mashable, and because Funzio is a story in and of itself, the negativity becomes a story also, before you know it the bad vides are trending on Twitter.

A lot of short-sighted stuff being done currently reeks of being a dictate from the Money department.

The longer terms thinkers in the Marketing or Bus Dev team should give them a slap and tell them to wise up.

Customers are people you build a relationship with, not someone you exploit.

The latter works, but it doesn't work for long.

I guess it's a question of whether Funzio are in this for the long haul, or if it's about making a fast buck.

i need muney
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
I R INVESTIGATION!

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
http://cdn.macgasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/objection.jpg

Uh oh I've made reference to another video game. This is a bannable offense, even though the reference is 10 years old and from a long dead platform.

URDead
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey, where is level where I can get a double decker? I want to take advantage of the now low buy in. :)

Yahkin
03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I literally spent the 15.6m last night and was able to farm my first 3 DD's. I blew through 2 bars of energy since then only to come up empty...stopped in here to find this. :(

I have opened a ticket about getting a refund. I hope they will be reasonable as I stopped my economic growth for several days in order to open this up.

Whoopdido1980
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I literally spent the 15.6m last night and was able to farm my first 3 DD's. I blew through 2 bars of energy since then only to come up empty...stopped in here to find this. :(

I have opened a ticket about getting a refund. I hope they will be reasonable as I stopped my economic growth for several days in order to open this up.

I believe it was Swifty who already brought this up, but if you want to look on the bright side, each Double Decker is worth roughly $23,000,000. If you were to buy the cash equivalent vehicle, 3 of them would cost you $69,000,000 so you got a $53,400,000 discount. One way to look at it I guess.

Matt Butterworth
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
You guys that spent the $15mil and are complaining are forgetting something. If you want Funzio to return your money & take back the bulldozers/hummers, you should elso request that they take every last Double Decker that you accumulated.

TopHooker
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
i for one am glad this and the m4a1 is a sticky. i'll direct all new or lower levels to the forums to see what a mess this game has become and what they can look forward too. i have been a long time non-gold player and funzio insists i stop playing with these changes. i guess i should stop being so selfish and comply... but only after i spread the word.

Yahkin
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM
You guys that spent the $15mil and are complaining are forgetting something. If you want Funzio to return your money & take back the bulldozers/hummers, you should elso request that they take every last Double Decker that you accumulated.

A fairly large assumption my friend. I suggested that they remove my 3 DD's as well. To be completely fair, they should also then refund me two bars of energy.

dudeman
03-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Why should the DDs be returned? They weren't removed from the game, but players who were farming them would have obviously chosen a location with a much cheaper buy in to do so. Therefore, the nerfed location should have the buy in cost returned.

Matt Butterworth
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Don't forget the time spent!

I do agree that Funzio should have left the M4's & DD alone, but they didn't.

The DD's should be returned if you request your money back. Fair and simple.

Santa
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
*ragequits. sells all buildings and buys explosives. deletes app*

One day later...

*Funzio creates two new farmable items.*

Item #1 Specs

Name: Slingshot
Type: Gun
Attack/Defense: 200/250
Farmable at: Minimart @ Canal Street
Drop %: 99%
Energy cost: 3x10

Item #2 Specs

Name: Tricycle
Type: Vehicle
Attack/Defense: 300/265
Farmable at: Shooting Gallery @ Boardwalk
Drop %: 97%
Energy cost: 1x25

sigh...i'm only dreaming

schnuffler
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
This is pretty lame. I hope Boomer never posts in the forum again, because every time he does it's bad news.

Plux
03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Can I say I've avoided the mega bucks unlock of the double deckers at Leila Johnson, justifying spending $17m on unlocking a vehicle is absurd, buy a Nightclub instead! Well Done Funzio, I applaud you for making sure milking of weapons is reduced. Please limit the numbers to 10, creation of income and rival battles is the way forward. I use another map for my double deckers and doing comfortably well too. Only cost £1+m or just 1.2hrs of my income.
Keep up the good work Funzio, you have another $100 worth of gold purchasing coming your way.

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Can I say I've avoided the mega bucks unlock of the double deckers at Leila Johnson, justifying spending $17m on unlocking a vehicle is absurd, buy a Nightclub instead! Well Done Funzio, I applaud you for making sure milking of weapons is reduced. Please limit the numbers to 10, creation of income and rival battles is the way forward. I use another map for my double deckers and doing comfortably well too. Only cost £1+m or just 1.2hrs of my income.
Keep up the good work Funzio, you have another $100 worth of gold purchasing coming your way.

You blinded fool...Limiting weapons to 10, this post made me laugh..you sure you don't work for Funaio as you have the same brain capacity

Nicholost
03-16-2012, 02:12 PM
...I applaud you for making sure milking of weapons is reduced.
I use another map for my double deckers and doing comfortably well too.

Seems a little hypocritical, don't you think?

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Seems a little hypocritical, don't you think?

Exactly, doesn't know his right hand from left.

Swifty
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Not knowing his right from his left reminds me of a medical condition called Diphallia.

cookies
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
I cannot help but keep wondering....has Funzio been bought by EA? There seem to be a good amount of similarities.

erik
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Probably not. Pretty sure EA's tag is not "It's Out the Game."

Tramp Stamp
03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Nah, they've been bought out by Hasbro. Funzio has really taken "It's Nerf or Nuthin'" to heart.

Burn
03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
The EA similarities are more than mere coincidence. This News from November 2011...

"Social game developer and Crime City creator Funzio has announced that industry veteran and former Electronic Arts executive Jamil Moledina will join the company as vice president of business development.

Prior to joining the company, Moledina served as director of business development for Electronic Art's EA Partners program"

Santa
03-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Nah, they've been bought out by Hasbro. Funzio has really taken "It's Nerf or Nuthin'" to heart.

Man, we really missed you Tramp.

thisisdream
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't see why people are pasting say g they are happy with 300+max m4 gun. Trying to show off? Bragging? Happy about the unfairness? Yea if I were u guys I would be happy to.

Plux
03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm blind, lets all have 500 M4's which means we have 0 M4's as we are all even. Who's stupid? The push for searching and investigating those maps to find the hidden gem that will produce those 10 items nobody knew about and would keep changing every month would be awesome. Bruiser would just sit on 1 map and tap away getting arthritis finger bored senseless. Cmon Funzio, 10 items max, change the items around every month, so we can't list them.

Income = $749,166 per hour. ($17+m per day income)
Income = Victory

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm blind, lets all have 500 M4's which means we have 0 M4's as we are all even. Who's stupid? The push for searching and investigating those maps to find the hidden gem that will produce those 10 items nobody knew about and would keep changing every month would be awesome. Bruiser would just sit on 1 map and tap away getting arthritis finger bored senseless. Cmon Funzio, 10 items max, change the items around every month, so we can't list them.

Income = $749,166 per hour. ($17+m per day income)
Income = Victory

How little you know of me Plux and i suggest keeping your opinions to yourself. In time everybody would have an option to obtain 500 and they want balance thats how they should have it. What they have done is create further inbalance. I have completed more maps than you know what to do with and my income suggests i control that extremely well, notching 500k an hour.

Again if you knew me and read posts you would know i don't attack others opinions i offer alternatives howver your Funzio love is obsurd and cannot be tolerated by the majority who post and read here. Take your 10 posts and stick it plux

CJ Sniper
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm disgruntled. No promises of quitting or anything, but these nerfs give me no confidence in the future of this game at all. It's like somebody in charge just peeks on random forum threads and says "We're losing money because these freeloaders are getting useful stuff from us for free, fix that immediately!" The consistency and concern for game balance (despite what the nerf justification threads claim) went out the window long ago.

Ram
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
haha losers that is why I never bothered with farming!

Dorian Gray
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Nope, bragging was always more your thing. :p

erik
03-16-2012, 05:15 PM

Ram, you have played here so long you could have had full complements of all the nerfed items before it ever happened, lol.

Impressive that you finished all missions though. I wonder if anyone else has.

Yahkin
03-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Since I publicly called them out, I will also publicly acknowledge that my ticket was answered in a timely manner and they have done right by me. I won't give exact details, but I am happy with the outcome. I hope they have a gold sale this weekend as my faith is restored and I would like to get some cheap gold to open up all those wall safes. :)

Babytway
03-16-2012, 06:05 PM

i wouldn't call anyone losers, i didn't bother with farming DDs or chokers either after i got 400+ m4's and after the mosberg and carbine fiasco i kinda felt something like that would happen again just didn't think it would be to regular farming items, i just started getting exeleros and completing maps. funzio talks about severe imbalance alot but the most severe imbalance was the first release of the crates that is the biggest imbalance ever but i never hear them mention that

ruffy
03-16-2012, 06:26 PM
i wouldn't call anyone losers, i didn't bother with farming DDs or chokers either after i got 400+ m4's and after the mosberg and carbine fiasco i kinda felt something like that would happen again just didn't think it would be to regular farming items, i just started getting exeleros and completing maps. funzio talks about severe imbalance alot but the most severe imbalance was the first release of the crates that is the biggest imbalance ever but i never hear them mention that

because they spend gold, even though discounted gold price....

m4 and dd were nerfed as they are free.

kimberleyj
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
So far I have hit sue 8 times and I didn't get any loot.

Mouse
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I got one off sue when I finished the job only done it once though

Yahkin
03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
0/7, but a nice payout on job finish.

2gd4u
03-17-2012, 12:23 AM
GRRRRRR dropped all my energy for the past 2 days for nothing. To make things worse I only just finished collecting 15m.

I feel cheated!

Funzio should give a warning about changes before actually making them. GRRRRRR

G Wiz
03-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Well they didnt say anything about the drop rates, just that the location had changed.

It might be one of those dreaded 0.1% drop rates!

AppleMacGuy
03-17-2012, 03:05 AM

That's quite simply because there was RM involved...whichever way you look at it, those items were paid for...and a lot of revenue was generated as a consequence.

Amber_
03-17-2012, 07:58 AM
My rivals list suddenly filled with rivals employing the old 499 mafia strategy. Funzio, this is a balance issue that needs to be addressed. Players who drop below 500 cannot be attacked for completion of Thug Life goals, yet every single player who maintains a mafia size below 500 is allowed to participate in the same goal.

Many goals have prerequisites and will only appear on the goals list once those prerequisites are met. Thug Life goals should only be accessible to players who have 500+ mafia. It seems like a bit of a give and take situation, but players with mafia sizes under 500 can take, and take, and take, but never give anything back.

Pease consider this suggestion. People who are playing the game the way it was meant to be played still receive the short end of the stick in matters such as this.

This is probably the best post written here in a LONG time. Funzio should seriously do something about this. I try to rob and attack as many 499-cowards as I can. Always with a little nice message in their comments. I encourage other players who are tired of this to do the same. Only real pu*sys have 499 in their maffia.

erik
03-17-2012, 08:18 AM
I hear the sentiment on this one... I laughed to see how many actually dropped down. To be honest, I am having no trouble finding 500s to drop all my stamina, maybe it is worse at lower levels? When I finish, I will be hunting 499s for a long time. In fact, I tend to remember who was 499 once they go back up....

We can address this one ourselves :)

Aid
03-17-2012, 08:22 AM
At level 127 and finding too many that have employed the 499 or less strategy, but they are all doing thug life as I am attacked by 499's all day

Santa
03-17-2012, 08:33 AM
At level 127 and finding too many that have employed the 499 or less strategy, but they are all doing thug life as I am attacked by 499's all day

Could someone explain to me the actual concept/point of the "499 strategy"? From what I understand, players drop their mafia down to 499 so the players with 500 mafia cannot see them?

upsman_17
03-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Could someone explain to me the actual concept/point of the "499 strategy"? From what I understand, players drop their mafia down to 499 so the players with 500 mafia cannot see them?

No, from what I've gathered, people drop below 500 to 499 so anyone trying to complete any 500+ thug life missions has to pass them by on the rivals list. It shields them from THOSE attacks, but draws other attacks to them out of frustration/revenge for employing that strategy.

Santa
03-17-2012, 08:48 AM
No, from what I've gathered, people drop below 500 to 499 so anyone trying to complete any 500+ thug life missions has to pass them by on the rivals list. It shields them from THOSE attacks, but draws other attacks to them out of frustration/revenge for employing that strategy.

Ohhh. That makes sense. Thanks!

Steve0
03-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I am a 499er going to try it for a little while and see what happens, i am going to camp for a while. it easy to add 1 more when it is time.

2gd4u
03-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Just completed Sue pine without a drop, Funzio, this is just terrible. Take any great game, World of Warcraft for example and understand that what makes the game great is the ability to farm.
People don't mind putting hours of time into a game as long as they feel there is some kind of progression for their character.

This nerf just put the game into a state where nothing is actually worth my time to farm. I fear I may well lose interest in the game, and I am sure this feeling is not solemn.

Thinks
03-17-2012, 10:25 AM
What's the big deal about having 500 as opposed to 499? Why sit at 499? So you get attacked more often by others completing a Goal. Is that bad? I don't see any drawbacks to this so long as you bank your $$$, which I assume everyone does this late in the game anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're epeen can't handle being attacked and losing fights, you should drop most of your mafia and camp until you either grow a set or they finally drop.

Just my opinion though.

I'm sitting at 500. I encourage all to attack me once I reach that stage of the game. I look at it as a positive, as it does provide me with a link back to your hood... and the only hood I like better than my own is yours. ;)

Rocky35
03-17-2012, 10:40 AM
What's the big deal about having 500 as opposed to 499? Why sit at 499? So you get attacked more often by others completing a Goal. Is that bad? I don't see any drawbacks to this so long as you bank your $$$, which I assume everyone does this late in the game anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're epeen can't handle being attacked and losing fights, you should drop most of your mafia and camp until you either grow a set or they finally drop.

Just my opinion though.

I'm sitting at 500. I encourage all to attack me once I reach that stage of the game. I look at it as a positive, as it does provide me with a link back to your hood... and the only hood I like better than my own is yours. ;)

People care about their stats. Simple as that. Others will attack you more if you have 500 or more mafia just to complete the fighting goals. If you are a 499er, they will pass you and not attack you, because they don't want to waste stamina on you for nothing. But....I notice that the 500+ people are more respected and less robbed. Most people, like I, just attack them and move on without robbing them. I see alot of 499ers with their CC comments page filled with "Loser, chicken, pathetic" and all kind of names for dropping their mafia. They're more hated.

Now back to this DD nerfed. I was debating a while back whether to spend 17 mil on a hotel or farm Leila. I'm glad I picked farm Leila, got in about 90 DDs before this. Worth it for the 15.7 mil. Now I can start building my first hotel. I share the same feelings as everyone. It won't be soon before most people quit this game. There's already alot of hatred toward Funzio after the M4 nerfed, and now more after this DD. If I had dropped 15.7 mil to unlock Leila and got like 2 DDs and then this happened, I would've quit. Too bad for everyone who did.

Thinks
03-17-2012, 10:43 AM
People care about their stats. Simple as that.

What stats are you referring to? If they are attacking you, it shouldn't affect your stats, it would affect theirs. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Rocky35
03-17-2012, 10:48 AM
What stats are you referring to? If they are attacking you, it shouldn't affect your stats, it would affect theirs. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Your fights win/lose stats. It does affect you. If you win the fight, you get a +1 on your "fights won" number, they get a +1 on their "fights lost" number. It affects both sides, check your stats when someone fight you bro.

If you really hate someone and they're weaker than you, you can attack them 100 times and win all 100. You're basically adding 100 to your fights won number, and in return, adding 100 to that person's fights lost number.

What lv are you?

Thinks
03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll take your word for it. I never really bothered to look at my stats other than for atk/def rating.

I'm lvl 112.

2gd4u
03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Please don't Hijack this thread, if you want to talk about 499 vs 500 players then create a new thread!

Spoon86
03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Please don't Hijack this thread, if you want to talk about 499 vs 500 players then create a new thread!
So this thread is about Funzio's plan to get us to buy gold bars by nerfing our farming spots?
Its true if you want to compete with gold users now you need to buy gold bars too.

qwikster
03-17-2012, 12:11 PM

this thread (click me! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17445-mafia-size-499&highlight=499ers)) may be worth reading for 499er discussion.

disclaimer:
1. i created the thread.
2. it is a bit old, but the discussions in the thread are still relevant.

Babytway
03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
i love your post Amber i always go for them pu*sys too.

Yahkin
03-17-2012, 03:27 PM
1/16 now on Sue Pine. DD came on completion step. I'm running HD, so multi-click should work. Either I'm extremely unlucky, it's now a 1% drop, or they made it be job completion only.

Might have to start beating on the heli again.

deuces
03-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Multi click does not work on the HD version unless you're an update or two behind.

Yahkin
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Hmm, I was not aware of that. The wall safe's come on multi-clicks.

dudeman
03-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Hmm, I was not aware of that. The wall safe's come on multi-clicks.

Wall safes are a special event. Everything else "normal" about the game is unaffected by the event. As of CC ver.2.2 and CCHD ver.2.2, multi-click looting is disabled across all iOS devices.

Both are the same, that's all I care about. Multi-click was fun, but when only one version had that ability it wasn't very fair.

Dravak
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
This one is handled correctly , sorry sure it cost a lot of energy as long there is a 100 procent chance of getting it on job completion people shouldn't moan a excelero or 500 excelero , is much more time consuming , especially if you run out of thug life .

dudeman
03-17-2012, 11:57 PM
This one is handled correctly , sorry sure it cost a lot of energy as long there is a 100 procent chance of getting it on job completion people shouldn't moan a excelero or 500 excelero , is much more time consuming , especially if you run out of thug life .

Sorry friend, but the drop rate is not 100% per completion for that job. Very few missions have a 100% loot drop rate, and the ones that do are in the early levels. Double Deckers will never be 100% drop rate.

Not unless this game is around for so long that it has to adjust for inflation.

Dravak
03-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Honestly dude , if you played this game long enough, you would know they have a way to make the last click drop 100 procent a certain loot, and make multiclick have 0.01 chance .
Unless people play the first version a lot has changed last weeks , especially with the loot drop handled on the fly.
Cause never shut down my game , when they changed it to rusty M4A1 , and the M4A1 from respect to loot .
Was also done on the fly .

i need muney
03-18-2012, 01:46 AM
I cant bridge the logical gap between last three posts.

upsman_17
03-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I cant bridge the logical gap between last three posts.

Me either. I got a migraine trying.

Santa
03-18-2012, 07:29 AM
I think I'm going to to lie down. You guys make absolutely no sense.

Max Power
03-18-2012, 09:12 AM
One of the reasons this lack of farming is pissing people off is because at upper levels, PvP drops are completely useless, and following the maps is expensive and dumb. There is literally nothing else to do.

The and the 499 suggestion makes Thug Life, the only bone they have thrown us, an exercise in frustration. Both are situations with suggested modifications made to Funzio months ago. Since they don't have anyone in house actually playing the game, I would imagine they have taken those suggestions along with all the other good ones to the beach with them on weekends.

Poor planning, poorly thought out execution, resistence to change unless it is negative, it's all just a barrel full of win.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
I think I'm going to to lie down. You guys make absolutely no sense.
What ooze thee watermelon?

Santa
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
What ooze thee watermelon?

Oh c'mon, right when I start feeling better...

Gotta go lie down, again.

Dipstik
03-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Can we still get dds then? Where?

Aid
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Dipstick, the very first post answers this question. If you are looking for other places that drop, open the stickied thread 'best of the best' guides, there is a spread sheet that lists all of the places

Demoni696
03-18-2012, 01:38 PM
One of the reasons this lack of farming is pissing people off is because at upper levels, PvP drops are completely useless, and following the maps is expensive and dumb. There is literally nothing else to do.

100% agree with you there Max. Out of the 17 possible pvp loot items only 5 boost my att or def ratings and 2 of those only bump it +1 each time. Mining strong items was one of the things I enjoyed about the game, being able to watch my stats grow by any measurable amount was nice.

It gave me an sense of progress that seemed to be lacking in the game (other than growing my economy) recently.

Regarding peoples references to how people no on these forums were missing out on M4's and DD's. I found out about this forum because of M4's. I noticed that a number of people I was fighting had quite a few of them. I was curious to see how they were getting them, I figured that they were rewards for doing the map missions as I had stopped doing those due to $ required vs not great rewards. So I went to that trusty google and typed "crime city iPhone M4A1", I was then greeted by an number of threads on this forum about that exact subject. About 5 min later I had my first of many M4's

Due to the awesome info I received on this forum about the M4's I figured I should stick around. Since then my game play strategy's have changed and for the better.

Pretty much what I am bring to say is just because there was no notice on CC that you could mine these awesome items it's not an unfair advantage. People who are proactive about improving there game play will find the forum and the bounty of information that is here. People that are mindlessly playing the game will not.

If funzio actually made an mistake with the M4's I understand why they changed the drops. However regarding dd's I am a little bummed as Boomer said at the beginning of this thread " however there were no discrepancies" in reference to the DD's. So why are you changing something there are no discrepancies over?

I think that having to pay 15 million for an better chance of mining an good item (it is available elsewhere for lower drop rates) is a good trade off. I bet having to pay to play was the original strategy that the person who developed the red light district had in mind.

Know whatever we say about it will fall on deff ears but still wanted to say my piece.

High lvl players need more to do!!! pvp for RP and TL missions are nice however it's only one side of the game.

Map missions and goals need to be updated. Having quality 1 time drops for map completion's would inspire people to do them. The goals need to actually help improve peoples hoods, spending hundreds of hours and millions of cash on upgrading an turret to lvl 9 is silly. No only are the rewards now worth the investment, the investment is not worth the final product (an turret that has nice numbers but NO actually use). That is only one example most all the goals like the above are a joke.

Also an higher tier of PVP loot would be awesome!

Some new buildings would be awesome!

Oh one last thing...

Find a way to reset "a person is too beat up already" at different rates. If someone is not playing and they get hit 10 times that's cool. However the second the person starts attacking others this should immediately be reset. It bums me out that when someone pops up in my news as just attacking me and loosing I can not punish them by fighting or robbing them.

Sorry for the long winded soap box standing, seems I had a lot to get off my chest.

shoarma
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
I was expecting them to lower the drop rate for DD's from Leila but removing them completely is a whole nother thing. Am I glad i did not have the money yet. But whats next?(urban war vest??) Like this you can never plan ahead and farming items might be removed later and thus leaving your investments worthless.

Santa
03-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I was expecting them to lower the drop rate for DD's from Leila but removing them completely is a whole nother thing. Am I glad i did not have the money yet. But whats next?(urban war vest??) Like this you can never plan ahead and farming items might be removed later and thus leaving your investments worthless.

I'm camping for a week while I rethink my entire plan for the future...

Dipstik
03-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry for not knowing the names of every npc walking around the maps by heart. And from the tone around here, it sounded like "farming is dead." anyone care to help? It takes exactly as much effort as snark.

erik
03-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I dont think anyone really wants to discuss their favorite 'farm' spot on the forum, especially this week. Suggesting someone go to the sheet and put in 2 minutes effort, or even 10 is a great, helpful answer right now. You might even find something no one would otherwise recommend.

shoarma
03-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I dont think anyone really wants to discuss their favorite 'farm' spot on the forum, especially this week. Suggesting someone go to the sheet and put in 2 minutes effort, or even 10 is a great, helpful answer right now. You might even find something no one would otherwise recommend.

Have to agree on that. But they will probably find them anyway but rather later then sooner ;)

dudeman
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Agreed. Just lid the 15m 1 day before this update. No words describe how ****ing pissed I am at ****ing funzio.

CJ advised me to submit a ticket regarding the $15M issue, and said something about hopefully getting an answer within a couple days. I am passing on that advice to anyone else who spent the cash to unlock Leila within a few days before this big move. Regardless of the outcome, at least there will be some kind of closure and this can all be put in the rearview mirror.

Aid
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Dipstick, sorry not being snarky at all. The information in that thread is invaluable

Max Power
03-19-2012, 06:53 AM
100% agree with you there Max. Out of the 17 possible pvp loot items only 5 boost my att or def ratings and 2 of those only bump it +1 each time. Mining strong items was one of the things I enjoyed about the game, being able to watch my stats grow by any measurable amount was nice.

It gave me an sense of progress that seemed to be lacking in the game (other than growing my economy) recently.

etc etc

Good thoughts.

The only reason nerfing the DDs surprised me was the extremely high buy-in. Isn't asking 15 million enough? Is that item that unbalanced given the buy-in is so high? To me, absolutely not. I hope they refund some peoples money that bought in just before the nerf, as Dudeman suggests.

Joemax
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
This has become gross. I downloaded this game for free almost a year ago and really liked it.

A mash up of SimCity and risk, was how I described it to friends.

Now it has become a disgusting shill for real world money.

I liked the strategy of balancing economy and defense.

I liked the aesthetics of building a city.

I would be embarrassed to tell my friends that I play this game now.

This is just such an obvious manipulation of users for real world money.

I would look for a new job if I worked for the makers of this game.

They don't make the game more enjoyable, or add new things to make it more fun.

They find new ways to get money out of the users who have spent so much time on the game they won't give it up.

It saddens and disgusts me.

The worst thing is that I wish I could sign off with a bold statement that ill never play again. But I did spend months building my little city. I want to continue building it.

But for the first time I want to quit more than I want to keep building it.

evilweasel
03-21-2012, 04:49 AM
sham ****en wow--thx for putting my wallet away funzio

dudeman
03-22-2012, 03:02 PM
CJ advised me to submit a ticket regarding the $15M issue, and said something about hopefully getting an answer within a couple days. I am passing on that advice to anyone else who spent the cash to unlock Leila within a few days before this big move. Regardless of the outcome, at least there will be some kind of closure and this can all be put in the rearview mirror.

... I hope they refund some peoples money that bought in just before the nerf, as Dudeman suggests.

I realize it's had some cool down time, but for anyone still dissatisfied it may not be too late. I was going abouty regular CC business when I noticed a pleasant surprise which I can only assume is the result of the ticket I submitted on this issue. Like it never happened is all I will say. Thanks Funzio CS.

Swifty
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Yet another example of very good customer service from Funzio.

Rocky35
03-22-2012, 11:09 PM
A friend of mine got a refund after he farmed for 1 day. Send in a ticket and they help you

snowstockholm
03-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Its no fun looking through my rivals list and seeing a bunch of shanty towns with nothing to rob because it was so easy to get by without an economy becuause of easily farmable weaponry.

That's probably a misinterpretation of the high level heavy weights' strategies. It's not an either/or strategy. In simple terms, you presented a false dichotomy. Who says one couldn't work on growing both the economy and farming strong items at the same time?

I think these changes will be good because now the people who invested the time in their hoods and playing the game like it was supposed to be played will be rewarded for their hard work. Hopefully more people will invest in their hoods and make the game more fun with more buildings to rob.

'How the game is supposed to be played' is highly debatable. Anything available in the game should be a permissible tool in a player's strategy formulation. Any farmable item should be available for all regardless of when a player starts playing. Kind of a 'one law for all' just to be fair.

I think the main reason so many people are mad, is because the "easy way" has now been taken out. You can still get really strong and compete in this game, its just not as easy now...

I've seen lots of the forum veterans sticking up for the players late to the party. Even some of those with 500 M4s who have all the self interest to maintain a permanent advantage say M4s should be available for all to farm.

Do you really believe farming is easy?

snowstockholm
03-25-2012, 06:34 AM
sigh... What a mess.

Really there are two very different Crime City games underway. The one that Funzio probably spent a lot of time designing, where completing maps five times each and pursuing goals like adding street lamps to your hood will result in players with a mix of loot coming from the random map drops and various rewards. And then there is the one that forum visitors undertake, which is primarily preparing for battle in the High Levels.

The HL player feedback in the forum makes it clear that if you don't want to be fodder later in the game, you need to spend all the lower levels working on your economy, farming the few decent weapons as they become available, and trying to maximize Respect. Pursuing the maps gets pushed to the side because it will level you too quickly and not provide sufficient loot to be a competitive player. The maps can be done later in the higher levels when you're bored and not fending off the crossfire from the gang wars.

Funzio seems to be trying to balance down to the original game where no strategy is required, leaving those of us with long term sights on the upper levels left with few options.

I don't know how they fix this problem, and I'm not sure if they can. Anything that is a balance for one version of the game is going to create further imbalances with the other one.

That's a very succinct and insightful summary of the veterans' view. I am lost after the M4 nerf and double decker drop rate cut. But I don't know where to spend my energy other than doing map quests, which is really boring. So effectively one of the three pillars (farming, PvP, economy) that makes this game interesting has been removed.

Dipstik
03-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes, farming is easy.