PDA

View Full Version : Revised Items (Farmed, Purchased, Respect points) for Mid-Level players

Durantular
03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Obviously with the nerfing of the M4A1, many of us have been forced to revise strategies. Attempting to find the best area for farming particular categoric items (Gun, Melee, Car, Armour) at the best rates is difficult. I'm no 'regular' to the forum but have used it for a while. Heres my reccommendations, and where I'm at with farming.

Level: 138
Mafia: 500
Attack: 25,396
Defence: 24,709
Non-gold buyer and 100% of my income goes into my economy (or there abouts)

Guns:

(M4A1's - 234, Sawn-Off Shotgun - 39, RPG - 10, 1xGolden M4 and 1xDiamond Sig)
Total - 285
Required - 215
Suggested Action(s) -

1) Save up respect points for the relatively cheap Sawn-Off Shotgun. At 360 Respect a piece, the value of this weapon is now much higher than when the M4 was the farmer's goldmine. It's stats 22/14 offer superior attack to any other weapon which can be purchased.

2) Farming elsewhere? Decent economy? The Grenade Launcher (12/9) is a reasonable $450,000. At just under $40k per attack point, it seems a more logical answer than the Flamethrower at $625,000 (13/9) at almost $50k per attack point. For me, I'd start here if I'm farming something else.

Melee:

(Chain Whip - 46, Serrated Blade - 7, Columbian Knife - 14, Steel Garrote - 1)
Total - 68
Required - 432
Suggested Action(s) -

1) Obviously, I have other melee items, just not worth mentioning. I am yet to discover a suitable farming location for a strong (15+ attack) weapon worth having a crack at. At this point, I am going to reccommend the Steel Garrote. At just $53,000 each for 10 attack, It's good enough to keep you competitive until an item is farmable. Otherwise, throw any left over respect into the 3 mentioned in my inventory)
(Note - I may be ignorant and havn't seen a farmable item for Melee. Please let me know)

Armour:

(Full Combat Gear - 5, Night Vision Goggles - 425)
Total - 430
Required - 70
Suggested Action(s) -

1) It's clear, my intentions are to invest all respect here, until your Attk/Def increases are almost moot. Even still, at this point, I get a +10 bonus for each NVG purchased. When comparing the NVG attack to any cash-purchased Armour, you will spend the bank roll attempting to even come close to 16 attack. (Highest is 12 attack, and its only unlockable at level 155, for $5,500,000)
I cannot see a better option for increasing your Armour attack, and therefore thoroughly suggest investing all respect here.

Cars:

(Excelero - 25, Double Decker - 127, Pimps Lowrider - 3, YRB - 80, Bulldozer - 2, FBI SWAT Van - 8, Hummer - 2)
Total - 247
Required - 253

1) Farm the Double Deckers, before they become nerfed. The $15m+ buy-in is scary, I know. But compare that to the approximate price of a car with about 18 attack. I'd put that at about $20m each, so farming just 1 can be viewed as successful.

2) Respect, Respect, Respect. If you've unlocked the YRB, don't look back at the Mustang ever again. The respect/attack point ratio is almost the exact same, so why not have 1 YRB and a Junker, than 2 mustangs.. Until you have an inventory of 500 solid cars?

3) Buy the cars. By far the last resort, and Infact, I just wouldn't do it. However, if you must, go the Monster Truck. At $1,000,000, 9 attack and 8 defence isnt horrible. The next upgrade attack-wise is the Hummer for $2,800,000 for just +1 attack.

Well, that's my theories on attaining weapons. It may not be great and may need advice, but it's the best I can offer. In summary, my current recommendations:

Guns - Sawn-Off Shotguns
Melee - Steel Garrotes and any affordable respect items
Armour - Night Vision Goggles
Cars - Yamaha Race Bike, Double Deckers, and eventually, Excelero's

Hopefully this assists other current Mid-level players caught in the midst of the M4A1 nerfing.

Note - If anyone does have a good farming location for another gun, or Melee weapon which I havn't come across on the forum and spreadsheet, please comment below.

Hope I've been of some help

slackerboy
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Good post but have to disagree about the Steel Garrotes. Have around 58 of them and until about a couple of days ago still showed up in my list of items when attacking or robbing. Now they have disappeared and do not expect to see them come back.
For lower levels yes they make a great addition but at your lvl(I am lvl 113) starting to make no impact and now see that they have gone thus no impact.
I did do a test recently and added on and make very little difference to my stats and decided not to invest any more money in them

Durantular
03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
That can be due to having a variety of guns etc, though the steel garrote still increases your attack due to its category.
Thanks for your input, I agree its not great, but I just don't know of other options to increase Melee. I'm researching now though, so look out for an edit!

slackerboy
03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
No worries, I have looked at this myself of the last few weeks. The best bet IMO is to check your stats and then buy one and see what difference it makes. If you can see a decent or worthwhile investment then buy them.
As for me the investment in them was not worth it due to the other items I have.

The only money item I have left in my list of items used for att/rob is the sniper rifle but see that disappearing in the not to distant future.

epicrecipe
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I've been spending RP on chain whips for the last several months. When Funzio releases a comparable money or drop or respect item, I'll be thrilled to learn that I wasted a lot of RPs.

Swifty
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
@Durantular

Thanks for the analysis.

I sure wish I had read that a long time ago.

Silvio
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I think it depends on where you are in the game, obviously. For example, I drastically increased my mafia recently and found that I wasn't fully outfitted in armor. I continued loading up on NVG, and and farming a jacket with 10 D (still getting robbed more than I would like).

I have attached levels to my farming spreadsheet so I can filter by what is available to me, and select the highest combination of atk or def, plus %drop per energy. Surprisingly, my filter selected a jacket I can farm at a frequency of about 2 every 5 hits, gives me 8atk but 10 def. I'll be fully equipped in a few days, then on to full improvement and optimizing.

Durantular
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
I think it depends on where you are in the game, obviously. For example, I drastically increased my mafia recently and found that I wasn't fully outfitted in armor. I continued loading up on NVG, and and farming a jacket with 10 D (still getting robbed more than I would like).

I have attached levels to my farming spreadsheet so I can filter by what is available to me, and select the highest combination of atk or def, plus %drop per energy. Surprisingly, my filter selected a jacket I can farm at a frequency of about 2 every 5 hits, gives me 8atk but 10 def. I'll be fully equipped in a few days, then on to full improvement and optimizing.

How do I attain such a filter?

Durantular
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
@Durantular

Thanks for the analysis.

I sure wish I had read that a long time ago.

Glad to be of some help, Swift :)