PDA

View Full Version : Russia or UK vis VOTE

War Priest
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok this has been discussed many times before but wanted to see it as a statistic. So here we go.

EDIT: Sorry typo in the topic line. Mean't Via. I keep screwing up my typing...

digitalwalker
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Voted, Russia :)

Judicium
03-15-2012, 06:01 PM
voted UK to balance out your vote :)

JohnnyR
03-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Russia. Versus every nation but the UK, they kill it with superior air power units.

War Priest
03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Looks like I need to make the switch to Russia soon.

Luke7676
03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks like I need to make the switch to Russia soon.

I'll be switching this weekend somtime after the event. Think it will be the right choice. In my eyes it makes more sence for me to go with Russia.

War Priest
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I'll be switching this weekend somtime after the event. Think it will be the right choice. In my eyes it makes more sence for me to go with Russia.

Yeah, because right now I believe your America.. Could be wrong. So it'll be good for the air boost.

Luke7676
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah of course like a lot of others out there that picked the US when they first started knowing nothing about the game. First few days I played this game I knew I picked the wrong nation lol and I think since funzio knows most of us that play are Americans they knew we would pick the US by default. And that's how they make their first 5 bucks from us hehe. I have just put it off long enough it's high time to change. I dont attack enough to have any advantage with US. And it was down between Uk and Russia but I like Russia for the air power more then sea

Mcdoc
03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah of course like a lot of others out there that picked the US when they first started knowing nothing about the game. First few days I played this game I knew I picked the wrong nation lol and I think since funzio knows most of us that play are Americans they knew we would pick the US by default. And that's how they make their first 5 bucks from us hehe. I have just put it off long enough it's high time to change. I dont attack enough to have any advantage with US. And it was down between Uk and Russia but I like Russia for the air power more then sea

That is exactly what I did. Played USA for about 2 weeks - then when I kept reading people on the forum talking about superior Air Power and I myself started collecting Air Hornets, Harriers & Osprey's on the advice of others - I figured it was time to get the attack bonus as I found it easier to farm people for money than to wait for my own economy to build & upgrade.

I still buy Sea Units and have invested in both the Air Hanger & the Naval Research Center to get the most attack bonus afforded to me. I've gotten side tracked on upgrading those 2 buildings as I have been beefing up on defense with the composite boost building.

iansgkim
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
same, thought Germany would be a cool idea to choose, and ground units die like flies!
Not too different from infantry....
and I'm really aggressive player, so need high att, and there you go, air!

Acheron
03-17-2012, 01:05 AM
If you don't ever attack, then UK has the best defensive unit, the aircraft carrier.

As for attacking, it comes down to the stealth frigate vs the super hornet.

According to this thread

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?19097-Best-Valor-Unit-to-buy

The super hornet has a higher casualty rate than the stealth frigate, which means you can have more stealth frigates before hitting break even. If the stats in that thread are true, and you take into account the lower cost of the stealth frigate, then you can maintain around 20-25% more stealth frigates, yet the super hornet only has 15% more attack.

You do get more defence out of the super hornet though. But my vote goes with the UK.

Dreno33
03-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Dear fellow comrades, I am currently China (lvl 2 camper) and I play for the aspect of fun in the economy. Which class would be best to choose for DEFENSE?

AKA which class provides the BEST defense units in the game??

Dreno33
03-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Dear fellow comrades, I am currently China (lvl 2 camper) and I play for the aspect of fun in the economy. Which class would be best to choose for DEFENSE?

I know Acheron said something about the aircraft carrier but is that just for Air or compared to all classes

War Priest
03-17-2012, 09:03 PM

I know Acheron said something about the aircraft carrier but is that just for Air or compared to all classes

UK provides the best defense, and Russia the best attack. That's what this poll was about. Weather people prefer air (attack) bonus or sea (defense) bonus.