PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice

duelblade
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
So before I start im a camper the only thing I enjoy in this game is building, upgrading and expanding my turf nothing makes me more prideful then to see that I make more then double then even the best players at my level (currently 46). Since I've never really cared to fight and all the items I have are either equipment I needed to continue the story or rewards from quests.

I had been camping at level 36 until that lockbox event came around and I picked one mission and just spammed it for lockboxes and got myself to level 44. I started getting hit and robbed a fair amount but it didn't faze me. now that this new event started I can't go two minutes without getting robbed and i am constantly loosing lockboxes. Today was the breaking point I woke up to 100k robbed and when I took out 225k to build another internet company I someone attacked me and I lost 25k grand just like that.

So what should i do? i learned now that I joined that my 18 level 5 towers was a complete waste of space and almost everyone my level is 1800/3000 attack and stats are 1717/2780 (with the towers I have no idea what my actual defense is) So what should i do? should i delete my towers and build better defense buildings? should I start buying the best weapons/Armour at my level? I already dropped 200 gold last week on weapons but it only added 200/100 and didn't nothing about the constant robberies. also I don't mind leveling since im almost out of buildings so is there anything at my level that would even be worth farming?

please respond quick (also I know buying my way out with gold would be the fastest way but I don't start my summer job for almost a month and i can't waist my gas money)

p.s. I only have 145 armor total when I have 230 mobsters so should I buy riot shield since there 1/12 and only 32k a piece?

p.p.s. my code is 643-448-084 and I add right away so if you wanna come and look at my place and to give you a better idea i would appreciate it.

Euchred
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Depending on the actual strength of your economy the riot sheild is smart. But get attacking armor to go with it. Your stats seem a little low for a camper honestly, make sure you are fully outfitted. Invest in AK-47s, steel Garrotes and 69 camaros.

Santa
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
So before I start im a camper the only thing I enjoy in this game is building, upgrading and expanding my turf nothing makes me more prideful then to see that I make more then double then even the best players at my level (currently 46). Since I've never really cared to fight and all the items I have are either equipment I needed to continue the story or rewards from quests.

I had been camping at level 36 until that lockbox event came around and I picked one mission and just spammed it for lockboxes and got myself to level 44. I started getting hit and robbed a fair amount but it didn't faze me. now that this new event started I can't go two minutes without getting robbed and i am constantly loosing lockboxes. Today was the breaking point I woke up to 100k robbed and when I took out 225k to build another internet company I someone attacked me and I lost 25k grand just like that.

So what should i do? i learned now that I joined that my 18 level 5 towers was a complete waste of space and almost everyone my level is 1800/3000 attack and stats are 1717/2780 (with the towers I have no idea what my actual defense is) So what should i do? should i delete my towers and build better defense buildings? should I start buying the best weapons/Armour at my level? I already dropped 200 gold last week on weapons but it only added 200/100 and didn't nothing about the constant robberies. also I don't mind leveling since im almost out of buildings so is there anything at my level that would even be worth farming?

please respond quick (also I know buying my way out with gold would be the fastest way but I don't start my summer job for almost a month and i can't waist my gas money)

p.s. I only have 145 armor total when I have 230 mobsters so should I buy riot shield since there 1/12 and only 32k a piece?

p.p.s. my code is 643-448-084 and I add right away so if you wanna come and look at my place and to give you a better idea i would appreciate it.

You should slim down your mafia, a lot. No point in having mafia members with no equipment while exposing yourself to a higher rival bracket.

duelblade
03-15-2012, 04:31 PM
You should slim down your mafia, a lot. No point in having mafia members with no equipment while exposing yourself to a higher rival bracket. just how many should i slim down to?

Santa
03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
just how many should i slim down to?

Personal choice. I'm down to 80 mafia, and my attack and defense is around 3600 and 4100 respectively.

From what I've heard, it seems 30 attack/defense per mafia member is the magic number.

Caleb
03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
If you stay with your level-max mafia, you should at least buy each of them some type of gun, melee, and armor. Bonus points for getting all of them a vehicle too, but that's an area a lot of people struggle with. If the riot shield is cheap for your economy, and you could buy one for each of the 85 armor-less mafia, you'd be adding 1000 defense points right there.

Like Santa said however, you may want to try slimming down the mafia instead. Drop 10 at a time and see how that affects your rivals list. If you get into a different bracket of players, you may be able to hide from those players who have a full mafia count. Then add back mafia only after you are able to equip them.

Over time you can also acquire loot from PvP that will help your stats, but that's not a quick solution. That path will also continue to level you up quickly.

As you noted, the consensus is that defense buildings do not provide the rated defense level. However, there are those who disagree. The theory that that defense buildings give true defense of the level one value + half the level one value for each additional level would suggest that your level 5 towers are really providing 3 + (4*1.5) = 9 defense, as opposed to the rated level of 45. This information is calculated here: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings. I tend to believe the lower numbers, but again that is a point of contention.

Gatling turrets unlock at level 47, which you've almost reached, and provide nice level 1 defense of 25. You can fit several of these in the footprint of the towers. Even if the towers do provide 45 defense, replacing them with just two gatlings would give you 50 defense. You can add up-to a max of 50 of each type of defense building.

duelblade
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
If you stay with your level-max mafia, you should at least buy each of them some type of gun, melee, and armor. Bonus points for getting all of them a vehicle too, but that's an area a lot of people struggle with. If the riot shield is cheap for your economy, and you could buy one for each of the 85 armor-less mafia, you'd be adding 1000 defense points right there.

Like Santa said however, you may want to try slimming down the mafia instead. Drop 10 at a time and see how that affects your rivals list. If you get into a different bracket of players, you may be able to hide from those players who have a full mafia count. Then add back mafia only after you are able to equip them.

Over time you can also acquire loot from PvP that will help your stats, but that's not a quick solution. That path will also continue to level you up quickly.

As you noted, the consensus is that defense buildings do not provide the rated defense level. However, there are those who disagree. The theory that that defense buildings give true defense of the level one value + half the level one value for each additional level would suggest that your level 5 towers are really providing 3 + (4*1.5) = 9 defense, as opposed to the rated level of 45. This information is calculated here: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings. I tend to believe the lower numbers, but again that is a point of contention.

Gatling turrets unlock at level 47, which you've almost reached, and provide nice level 1 defense of 25. You can fit several of these in the footprint of the towers. Even if the towers do provide 45 defense, replacing them with just two gatlings would give you 50 defense. You can add up-to a max of 50 of each type of defense building.

thank you very much I agree i agree that gatlings are the wait to go and I already know im gonna keep them till im ready to build some more. And i agree on the turrets in general they aren't half bad price wise and there is always room for 2x2 buildings.

duelblade
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Depending on the actual strength of your economy the riot sheild is smart. But get attacking armor to go with it. Your stats seem a little low for a camper honestly, make sure you are fully outfitted. Invest in AK-47s, steel Garrotes and 69 camaros.

why ak-47's? since there only 3/4 stats? other then they are very cheep.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 06:52 AM

why ak-47? I understand there cheap but shouldn't I buy something with better stats like the assault rifle? also im gonna buy 100 or mace first since 1/6 and dirt cheap but after i get my stats up im gonna go with steel garrotes. thanks :)

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 06:59 AM
IMO you shouldn't spend money on melee items. Chain Whips are the way to go and they are bought with respect. Spend your money on something like armor or even vehicles.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:31 AM
IMO you shouldn't spend money on melee items. Chain Whips are the way to go and they are bought with respect. Spend your money on something like armor or even vehicles.

but im to week at the moment to beat almost everyone at my level since i focused so much on my economy i thought just building a million towers would keep me safe but now that i came on here i realized they are the reason i get hit and robbed so much

white frog
03-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Duel, what's your in-game name? I think we're already friends in the game, but you're not showing up in my mob list. Are you in there under a different name?

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I was like that at one point. What are your stats and IPH?

duelblade
03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
attack: 1769
defense: 3011
iph: $20304

Steve0
03-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Dont waist to mutch money on defense buildings, I ran across a guy with 23K defense and 9K A. I wanted to see what his real defense was, 11K. he spent a lot of time building thouse buildings not going to say whitch and upgrading them above lvl 7 and some to lvl 10.

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
The normal response of camping and farming no longer holds true, but I would say just PVP a lot. It'll get you weapon drops and get you RP which can be used to get better items. If you want to camp and buy X number of steel garrotes/cameros/Aks then you can, but that'll be pretty boring.

duelblade
03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
The normal response of camping and farming no longer holds true, but I would say just PVP a lot. It'll get you weapon drops and get you RP which can be used to get better items. If you want to camp and buy X number of steel garrotes/cameros/Aks then you can, but that'll be pretty boring.

yea but i gotta get strong enough to do it.

Holicaholic
03-16-2012, 08:43 AM
If you reduce your mafia it should actually help you see lower mafia people as well. Click the rob button instead of attack and you can see their att/def scores before you try to attack them. I was in your position only much higher leveled:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17606-But-I-don-t-wanna-turtle......

Scroll halfway down to see my abysmal stats. I took everyone's advice and now I'm level 93 with 11251/12528. Not a powerhouse by any means, but also not towards the bottom of the food chain. Just takes patience to search your list and only attack people weaker than you.

duelblade
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
thanks guys I did drop some mafia but still got attacked so I ended up dropping 650 gold into vicious crates to make up for all the respect I lost and it did the trick. from hear on your im gonna focus on getting respect and farming lowriders instead on the story/goal and for defense towers I swapped them for turrets and im slowly leveling whenever their is a new event(current 56)

enahs1
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Duel blade, what are your stats and income per hour and your level

duelblade
04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Duel blade, what are your stats and income per hour and your level

posted them as my signature probably will update them whenever a new event ends since the only thing that really changes is my iph