PDA

View Full Version : Solution for the M4A1 Issue

Murda
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
With so many different opinions on the M4A1 issue, I see a perfectly reasonable solution to the problem.

Funzio says that a minority of users have farmed the M4, and that their error in the stats was leading to a disadvantage against those that don't farm them.

My solution:

Bring back the M4A1 to it's original stats and create a mission called "Farm the M4A1". Give that mission to everyone that has passed the boardwalk unlock step, and to new players as they reach the boardwalk unlock stage. As part of the Mission completion message indicate that players can return to farm the M4 at any time to boost stats.

Boom. Everyone is happy.

Murda
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Downside is that everyone will end up with similar M4 numbers eventually........bad for us, good for Funzio's "even playing field" ideology.

dudeman
03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
So in other words, just give them back and go back to the way things were.

You could have just said so in a few words in the official thread.

Nicholost
03-15-2012, 03:24 PM
So in other words, just give them back and go back to the way things were.

You could have just said so in a few words in the official thread.

:D

Personally, I like this proposed solution a lot:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21874-Hoppe-s-Cleaning-Kit

Swifty
03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I think the solutions of Murda and Nicholost are both good.

CJ54
03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Guys, put these suggestions into or make sure you link to them in the official thread, and we will make sure they get to the rest of the team. There's a lot to read and we can't see everything if it's in short-lived threads that rapidly fall off the front/second/third page.

epicrecipe
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Funzio says that a minority of users have farmed the M4, and that their error in the stats was leading to a disadvantage against those that don't farm them.

Funzio clarified to say people were improving their stats way to fast, which is a different 'problem.' That tells us they have a specific way they want us to play, and gold weapons are the only acceptable edge.

They've also said we need to adjust our strategy to the game mechanics, effectively making it impossible to execute a long-term strategy in a game where progress is measured in weeks and months.

Even as a gold player and one who farmed 240+ M4s, these official responses discourage me from further rebuys, and I expect to grow bored as I level up at a significant disadvantage. I hope they formulate a new tact soon.

Incidentally, the mission idea was suggested in the main thread.

emcee
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
M4s will make you powerful for your level only if have one per mafia member. Most people starting to farm or were in the midst of farming were definitely not employing this strategy. Farming M4s will make you strong provided you have the economy to outfit your mob across the board and not just guns. It can be argued that someone having a very poor economy and strictly farming M4s can be potentially getting weaker or at least exposing themselves to stronger opponents as they level. The worst thing you can do in this game is leveling quickly imo.

Even though this is a very strong low to mid level weapon it is not necessarily the holy grail end game option especially with limited time events and other guns I've seen in higher level players.

Level 30-50 players may not be formulating a long term strategy and those with the knowledge of M4s farming at the junkyard can make them pretty much invulnerable to attacks.

By level 51 players are more seasoned as it takes longer to level up. As well there are stronger equips to purchase with in game money or with respect. So someone oblivious to the existence of M4s by level 51 can still mount a viable counter or defense by not farming and just buying available equips.

I suggest nerfing M4 farming at junkyard and reinstating the previous M4s from Boardwalk moving forward.
I only lost 2 battles (robberies) from level 30-51 and only to someone with M4s in their inventory. Of course having
91 M4s in my inventory now is a boon but I also have a full complement of top or near top equips and explosives for my entire mob. So in order to level the playing field without converting all farmed M4s into rusties would be to reinstate farming like before but at a higher level; potentially even nerfing boardwalk as well.

Durantular
03-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Can someone please clarify the Attk/Def of the rusty M4A1?

Caleb
03-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Can someone please clarify the Attk/Def of the rusty M4A1?

The stats for Rusty are 7 Atk and 11 Def.

Durantular
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks Caleb, it's basically useless then..

Swifty
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Rusty M4 A1 (7,11) is the same total points (18) as a Machine Gun (5,13) which costs $270,000.

For some people, it is probably an OK temporary weapon until they get something better.

If you already have as good or better, then it is useless.

theONE
07-14-2012, 04:25 AM
you people are idiots

its not complicated its simple

funzio took the weapon away NOT because its unfair to others because frankly OTHERS have the choice to farm, i frankly didn't know of the item and got my butt kicked until i found out about farming and this weapon, so leveled quick to get to the designated locations and farmed myself and the only reason why i survived this long.

NO, it was removed to give gold players are even UNFAIR advantage of us non gold buyers, why?? they WANT us to be frustrated, mad losing players EQUALS high potential to use real cash to fight back

i mean this loser right now i'm dealing with in the game hit me heavily during robbery, i can't defend simply because of this robbing and attacking mechanics are different YET I would still lose explosives HEAVILY as its considered as an assault on your hood.

THANKS FUNZIO YOU JERKS

p.s this is also done by nerfing free gold where I use to get 1bar every 1hr and 1 every 24hr ....now free gold rarely pop up unless i go through a tedious option and go to tapulous and install free apps that give you barely enough gold to buy decorating stuff

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 04:31 AM
...nice gravedig?

A good number of these players quit already ._.

Plux
07-14-2012, 04:35 AM
Turn all M4A1's into Rusty M4A1's. I have 333 of them and I'm calling for this!!!
If you want everything equal this is the way to do it. Then farming becomes relative and equal.
CCM can you get this done please as it is the right thing to do!

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Turn all M4A1's into Rusty M4A1's. I have 333 of them and I'm calling for this!!!
If you want everything equal this is the way to do it. Then farming becomes relative and equal.

I would say this, but in the end game everything becomes gold weapons so the M4A1s aren't even factored in. Farming was never a feature of the game, so it was never meant to be "relative" or "equal".

Plux
07-14-2012, 04:39 AM
It renders everyone who farmed the advantage, knowing the advantage, equal, in both farming gain, and adjustment loss together. The new users are at a terrible dis-advantage and this far outweighs the gains we had before. You should do an analysis of your inventories as you'd actually gain out of this if you have higher incomes and allows those who missed out the chance to compete. I've said this from the start and will re-interate it to tech support again and again until it happens!

Swifty
07-14-2012, 05:22 AM
@Plux

You are fighting the good fight, but I am not optimistic.

Nudie
07-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Please don't take away my shiny M4's. Sob sob. I spent months getting them. :(

erik
07-14-2012, 05:44 AM
I think we should just put an asterix next to the name of everyone who has them. ;)

Gree has introduced hyperinflation to our system. (which had started really with chests and events to boost margins for the gree purchase) A once stable structure has had super weapons, armor, daily free items, weekly free event items, chests and more. The opportunity for a player to become powerful at lower levels is higher, and much higher for $.

When you arrive late to a party, it is silly to ask everyone to give up all the fun they have already had, the end is always more fun, so enjoy. Plus they are drunk and will laugh at you.

Second Comming
07-14-2012, 05:46 AM

This will never ever happen because it instantly puts those who farmed them at a disadvantage and I would personally put a lawsuit funzio's way (which I would actually quite enjoy along with the money I would make) :

1) I farmed around 450 (although I use less than 400 in battle now), farming those guns meant I wasn't progressing with my missions and map completions.

2) Each time we clicked on that shooting range it did not add to missions completed

3) The weapon was being farmed for months and months, checking the forums would of let ppl know how and where to farm them or they could of asked ppl ingame simply from checking their invents and asking 'oO where do I ....' Funzio took way to long in taking the weapon out of the game when threads had been up on the forums for 5-6months prior with new ones seemingly popping up daily.

Most Importantly:

4) Many of us spent gold on Energy refills to farm, Funzio would have to refund that money spent in an aggreable manner, obviously the amount of gold spent farming them.

I've said this from the start and will re-interate it to tech support again and again until it happens!

Turning M4's into Rusty's just would not work and will potentially cost them.

TRAZ
07-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Guys, put these suggestions into or make sure you link to them in the official thread, and we will make sure they get to the rest of the team. There's a lot to read and we can't see everything if it's in short-lived threads that rapidly fall off the front/second/third page.

Where's the official M4A1 thread? Don't know if I've ever weighed in on this or not.

Update: NVM found it. It is a closed thread though and you can't ADD any comments to it.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21711-M4A1-Update!/page31&highlight=official+m4a1

Second Comming
07-14-2012, 05:48 AM
On another note, there is much more going on ingame right now that is putting new players and android players more at a disadvantage than the ability to farm M4's.

Plux
07-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Second comming, you bought gold thus you can't do that. You waived your rights under the terms and conditions of the purchase which protects all Apps fully and completely. That part of your posting should be removed.

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 12:54 PM
The whole point of M4A1's being so amazing were there defense value. The defense portion of the game is now even more messed up than ever, it's very difficult to fathom that with so many of the attack skill point changing items that the gun would even be that great any more.

jmeijer
10-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Gree: bring back the M4A1! This has taken too long.

I think that this is unfair. I only have 36 of them and there are people with hundreds. This stat advantage is not bearable anymore.

Dunky
10-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Necro alert :P

[FwD] J1M H3N50N
10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
holy necro....

Dipstik
10-24-2013, 04:36 PM
This will never ever happen because ... I would personally put a lawsuit funzio's way (which I would actually quite enjoy along with the money I would make)

Wow... Extras.

ILikeTheAbuse
10-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Please tell me that guy tried to sue GREE! LOL Did he ever get his gold back? The world may never know.

Choo Choo... all aboard the necro train!

mxz
10-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Gree has introduced hyperinflation to our system. (which had started really with chests and events to boost margins for the gree purchase) A once stable structure has had super weapons, armor, daily free items, weekly free event items, chests and more. The opportunity for a player to become powerful at lower levels is higher, and much higher for $.Lol, what do you think of the current situation?

Max Power
10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Kinda cool to see some old names in here.

reticlover
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
what are the stats of the M4A1, i still havent see that posted or seen anyone with it

Da Don
10-25-2013, 11:44 PM
what are the stats of the M4A1, i still havent see that posted or seen anyone with it

There is a search button, u know? Although I don't think anyone has ever made a thread about the M1A4

TMI
10-26-2013, 06:51 AM
what's up with all the necroed thread today??
lol

ski2bbad
10-26-2013, 12:47 PM
:D

LOL. I'm right there with you!

ski2bbad
10-26-2013, 12:57 PM
what's up with all the necroed thread today??
lol

Halloween fever would be my guess. :cool: