PDA

View Full Version : Why we will not see lower losses

Agent Orange
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
It occurred to me today that we will never see the same casualty rates that we saw when I first started playing and it's because of all the changes to the game. When I started there were no Boost Buildings and a lot of folks thought that skill points were not being factored into the mix either.

There also weren't many really powerful gold players. Then when they started to really take over and people as people will started to complain I noticed that loss rates started to go up. My guess was that this was to try and protect the weaker players so that it wasn't cost effective to really go in and slaughter them. We see how well that worked out...

Just prior to the boost buildings we started to really see big change in loss rates.

Anyhow to cut to the chase, if we factor in the Boosts from Infirmary and Composite Factory along with the 10 platinum unit aren't we approaching 60% and that is probably why we had everything change otherwise we might wind up with nearly indestructible units. Yeah I know I really can't say that's a bad thing in my case but after looking at the potential numbers I suspect what we see now is what we are stuck with.

JMC
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Composites just increases defense, doesn't lower casualties. So 40% is the maximum.

The devs obviously pop in from time to time. Why cant they just give us a straight forward answer? All it'd take them is a few seconds and we could stop assuming everything.

Aidan
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, aftr they introduce the boosts n this new unit tht reduce casualty by 20%, surely they wont change the casualties bck as before. As tht will make it useless , n plyrs who hv spent a lot of golds to get it will cry foul. They cnt afford to piss off the gold plyrs.
N i agree with JMC, why cnt they just answer this. It's nt that hard. " hey guys, the casualties will stay high. If u r nt happy, piss off or go golden army"....

stricker
03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Good point AO! ...right there w/your thinking. With so many variables at stake, for the devs, it's probably more like the Fed Reserve trying to manage/stabilize the stock market swings (ha, originally, no pun intended, but it works here).

I've been suspecting the devs have been really wondering what their tweeks (alleged) have actually done to the overall mechanics for the median player. Wouldn't the biggest unknown in that case be that there were too many good players camping, so the real game mechanics/statistics could never get a high confidence factor? Now, given! funzio knows how to squeeze addict gamers to the max, but maybe the more clever element of this event is to get the campers off ther butts and work the game so the reality of the mechanics could be better evaluated AND STILL CAPITALIZE ON THE MARKET!

Tanner
03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
my camper is...wait for it...

STILL camping ;)

stricker
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
my camper is...wait for it...
MIA is more like it!!!!

Where you been Tanner?

zynshmily
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
my infirmary is at level 1, and i dont have the 10-t-bar 20%-less-casualty enabled unit.
however, my casualty rate is insanely low since the update.

The number doesn't lie.
before the 1.5 update, i had about 880 super hornets(down form 940) . i had won 22k attacks and 150 raids. i didn't like raids before 'cause raiding appears to have a high casualty rate.

short five days after the update, my profile record shows,fights won: 23k, raids won 1.1k. Based on that, you can tell how many fights i've been through over the past couple days. You may think my stats regress and huge loss of units. On the contrary, i now own 1000x super hornets(plus 25k valor in stock)...

the weird thing is...regardless whether i attack or raid, whether the opponent is close to me or far weaker than me, whether i win or lose, i dont lose units...
as you can tell, the super hornets tend to be fragile as hell. the valor you earn from the battles doesn't make up for the super hornets lost in the battles. Thats why the number of super hornets was kinda fixed for me at 940 earlier. With the valor from PvP and finishing the goals, i could only purchase about the same number of super hornets as what lost in the fights.

Luckily, now i don't lose any super hornets. The amount of valor literally becomes limitless as i fight more. I managed to bulk up super hornets to 1000...

AO, i remember i attacked you 10 times awhile ago when i was doing invasion operation 124 and you happened to be lv124. That was the moment that i kinda felt my army miraculously became invulnerable because it never happened to me that it didn't cost me any units to attack a player with stats like yours.

zynshmily
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
As some posted on my wall asking what i did to get to this zero casualty "glitch". I didn't have patience to reply one by one. i will just spit it out here.

two week ago, i had been camping for nearly a month as PvP was completely broken.
After they implemented new rival list one week ago, players with low alliance number turned up on my list and i started attacking.
However, the casualty rate was still high. Even when i attacked someone with 20 allies, one twentieth of my strength, it could cost me two super hornets at a time.

I was absolutely freaked out when i lost 2 super hornets(350 valor) and 1 osprey VTOL(640k) in one single battle against one 5 thousand-ish def.(my attack was 55k back then) I was on the verge of quitting. I started relentless attacking not caring what i lost.

During one week, my major losses were 100 submarine, 60 super hornet, 30 osprey VTOL, 30 seal,30 leopard tanks,20 anti-aircraft vehicle, 10 stryker. plus uncounted less valuable units...
then it came the update, and i stopped losing units. actually, i don't lose units at all atm.

So, REALLY, i didn't do anything particular on my part. if i must guess, maybe(ITS JUST MAYBE), there is a secret threshold where you can only enter when you lose enough units and funzio will compensate you with insanely low casualty rate afterwards. it sounds ridiculous indeed.

too bad not many pirates on the forum. i wish joko could chime in here and get some facts straight. he had most fights and never stopped fighting even during the period when PvP casualty rate was the worst. wonder how he feels about the constant changing casualty. i bet he has a better comprehensive understanding...

stricker
03-15-2012, 03:49 PM
zynshmily, are you a free player, light gold, heavy gold player???
sounds like a nice sweet spot you've got there. hope it last for you.

...hope i can find it one day! casualty rate seems slightly better for me but I've lost numerous eagle strike fighters, super hornets, one vtol, many mid-range units and meat shields in the by the hundreds since I packed up camp and starting attacking/leveling up with this event and the elusive 20% casualty rate unit.

lvl 57 at beginning of the snipe hunt
currently lvl 63
very little gold played, only indestructible units are the 3,5,7 Titanium bar units from current event.

digitalwalker
03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Lvl66,full allied now, same, very low casualty:) 35kA, lost units only when fight stats close mine.

9160 won fights. Got 259 hornets, and I think if my hornets number go up like 800ish , I will probably have zero casualty too.

Anyway,trying hard to level up to catch up u guys and see how does the shark zone looks like.

Aidan
03-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Lvl66,full allied now, same, very low casualty:) 35kA, lost units only when fight stats close mine.

9160 won fights. Got 259 hornets, and I think if my hornets number go up like 800ish , I will probably have zero casualty too.

Anyway,trying hard to level up to catch up u guys and see how does the shark zone looks like.

Let me knw when u r nearing 75, i might wanna ally wif u or go invincible on u. I dnt want to be ur cash cow. Lol
Was about to pm u asking some feedback bt since u hv posted here.. U mean, u hv zero casualties othr thn attcking rivals with similar stat? Can u let me knw when u reach over 70 n if it still the case?
Can it be tht these near zero casualties only apply fr plyr with gold units? I've read quite a number of gold player saying they hv this low casualty aftr the update

digitalwalker
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Let me knw when u r nearing 75, i might wanna ally wif u or go invincible on u. I dnt want to be ur cash cow. Lol
Was about to pm u asking some feedback bt since u hv posted here.. U mean, u hv zero casualties othr thn attcking rivals with similar stat? Can u let me knw when u reach over 70 n if it still the case?
Can it be tht these near zero casualties only apply fr plyr with gold units? I've read quite a number of gold player saying they hv this low casualty aftr the update

Lol, sure, definitely will pm u once I got up to 70, quite near now.
I went full allied 2 days ago, when I was chased by a strong gold player, once I get rid of him,I will drop ally numbers again.
When I went full allied , I did suffered an unacceptable casualty loss, then I spent all my cash and valor to bulk up my attack stats and spent all those banked skill points to attack, then the casualty drops dramatically, but still lose units every now and then. Trying to finish my valor missions while I m still full allied and get more hornets which probably will further suppress my casualty loss.

zynshmily
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
zynshmily, are you a free player, light gold, heavy gold player???
sounds like a nice sweet spot you've got there. hope it last for you.

When i first started playing this war game, i was fascinated and addicted to it, so i spent a considerable amount of $$$. I guess i was once a heavy gold player.

after it became a boring camping game, i cut off the spending and became a free player.

I didn't spend a penny 'til the recent 200 gold i purchased for the supply box event.

Judicium
03-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I've had low casualty rates too. Lost maybe a total of 3 units since the start of this event. Joined the event party a couple of days late, but i've been raiding/attacking nonstop since then. I didn't even know you could get supply boxes from PVE until a few hours ago.

To help figure out what's going on here, I'm level 49 at the moment and have not bought any gold. I didn't even get to really use my free 10 gold because i tapped too fast and used it on a stamina refill at level 4 or something.

zynshmily
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I've had low casualty rates too. Lost maybe a total of 3 units since the start of this event. Joined the event party a couple of days late, but i've been raiding/attacking nonstop since then. I didn't even know you could get supply boxes from PVE until a few hours ago.

To help figure out what's going on here, I'm level 49 at the moment and have not bought any gold. I didn't even get to really use my free 10 gold because i tapped too fast and used it on a stamina refill at level 4 or something.

Finally!!! Someone is backing me up here so i won't look like doing monkey business for funzio...

So have you been attacking alot prior to the event? did you lose tons of units too? when did you notice the significant improvement in PvP casualty rate? and to top it all off, did you do anything special that leads to this low casualty rate?

Mudphud
03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Digital camper, what are your stats currently and how does your attack rating compare with those of your opponents? I have a ton of valor banked up and could use it all on Super Hornets, but have been waiting it out bc of the high causality rates. Are you telling me that I should use it now?

digitalwalker
03-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Digital camper, what are your stats currently and how does your attack rating compare with those of your opponents? I have a ton of valor banked up and could use it all on Super Hornets, but have been waiting it out bc of the high causality rates. Are you telling me that I should use it now?

My current stat is 36320A/37713D, my opponents defence stat are generally in the range of 3k-10k

I am very doubt that funzio will change the high loss of units which most players experienced, they probably think it is our own bussiness to figure out how to survive in this suitiation which should be one of the main strategy factor of this game.

Given that there is no hope of funzio lowering the casualty, then there is no point to bank valors anymore, but there is a factor need to be considered which is,feet all valors on if you can make sure after spent all ur valors, ur stats would greatly overpower ur opponents. So either u have very few valor units which they would rarely loss even u had a low stat, or u have a large amount of valor units so that ur stats r much higher than ur opponents which would give a near zero casualty.

Mudphud
03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info. My only thought on banking the valor is that I will be able to level up and only lose meat shields in the process. Then when I hit shark territory, I will have the maximal valor units. It seems only worth it to me to spend all the valor if I can get to a point where I can overpower my opponents. Your stats are very impressive for a level 66 player. Thanks for the ally request.

Judicium
03-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Finally!!! Someone is backing me up here so i won't look like doing monkey business for funzio...

So have you been attacking alot prior to the event? did you lose tons of units too? when did you notice the significant improvement in PvP casualty rate? and to top it all off, did you do anything special that leads to this low casualty rate?

Prior to the event I had been camping. I was only attacking when my army reached about 730. Then I would attack and complete pvp quests until I was down to about 690. Then I'd go back to camping. A month or two ago back before I learned about the amphibious trooper farm, I had just reached enough income to buy 1 submarine per hour so I decided to attack like a madman. I figured it was a good idea to trade some cash units for valor units. Eventually I noticed that I was no longer profiting so I stopped and started trooper farming and only attacking when I had about 150 of them. I noticed the lower pvp casualty rate on Monday 3/12/12 when I was doing my normal rounds and just learned about the supply box event. Before the event when I was attacking in bursts every couple of days I was only completing one or two PVP quests so I'd say it was about 20 attacks max? I don't think I did anything special, although my army currently consists of 90% low or very low casualty units and about 40 leftover submarines which are medium casualty. For a while I assumed my army composition was working, but it became abnormal when I would get away with 200+ attacks in a day without losing anything.

stricker
03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
My current stat is 36320A/37713D, my opponents defence stat are generally in the range of 3k-10k

I am very doubt that funzio will change the high loss of units which most players experienced, they probably think it is our own bussiness to figure out how to survive in this suitiation which should be one of the main strategy factor of this game.

Given that there is no hope of funzio lowering the casualty, then there is no point to bank valors anymore, but there is a factor need to be considered which is,feet all valors on if you can make sure after spent all ur valors, ur stats would greatly overpower ur opponents. So either u have very few valor units which they would rarely loss even u had a low stat, or u have a large amount of valor units so that ur stats r much higher than ur opponents which would give a near zero casualty.

agreed, DW! ...facts is facts & it's been a couple of months now! "Live with it" is the message we've been given via the silent treatment... haha :-/ ...with that caveat, march on soldier or beat your guns into plowshares and quit.

For comparison and recognizing patterns for other players, I had somewhat manageable/sustainable casualties at the beginning of the non-camping 'event.' I had a steady slow increase in my att/def stat even with not considering the increases inevitably gained with each lvl-up.
So far today, all changed from the start! I've had losses to med/high end units that are completely unsustainable. Like 3:1 losses of med/high:meatshields.

During my first 10 or so attacks. High/Med unit losses have been:
1 super hornet
1 commando
1 flamethrower
1 gign
2 global hawk drones
1 KC-135
1 strike eagle
1 sub
1 capital battle tank (acquired during this event)
1 leopard tank
1 chinook
1 heavy bomber
(debatable as med.unit... maybe, more like very expense MeatShieds now)
4 A-10s
1 heavy gunner

& about 6-7 Snipers/Amph.Troopers
------------
no matter how you calc. monopoly money value of valor units or loot units... and, no matter how one might define high/med value units, this is not sustainable losses... if anyone has insight to the current patterns, let me know. Otherwise, I will be setting up camp again very soon for self-preservation reasons.

ATM, stats @ lvl 64 & USA flag
missions: 2609
fights won: 2454
fights lost: 77
success raids: 333
failed raids: 6

# of alliances: 1120 (no, i've not used the low ally strategy yet)
# of units: 2629 (no gold units... 3 indestructible from current event: 3,5,7 Tit Bar units)
Att: 14437 (11.279 avg. density including def.bldgs/boost bldg.)
Def: 16636
$/hr: 191436

Judicium
03-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info. My only thought on banking the valor is that I will be able to level up and only lose meat shields in the process. Then when I hit shark territory, I will have the maximal valor units. It seems only worth it to me to spend all the valor if I can get to a point where I can overpower my opponents. Your stats are very impressive for a level 66 player. Thanks for the ally request.

My perspective on valor units is that it's only a means to get your end game units. Like the ones that cost millions for just one. It would seem that when you have a full army of those you have reached your army's max potential.

Agent Orange
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
my infirmary is at level 1, and i dont have the 10-t-bar 20%-less-casualty enabled unit.
however, my casualty rate is insanely low since the update.

The number doesn't lie.
before the 1.5 update, i had about 880 super hornets(down form 940) . i had won 22k attacks and 150 raids. i didn't like raids before 'cause raiding appears to have a high casualty rate.

short five days after the update, my profile record shows,fights won: 23k, raids won 1.1k. Based on that, you can tell how many fights i've been through over the past couple days. You may think my stats regress and huge loss of units. On the contrary, i now own 1000x super hornets(plus 25k valor in stock)...

the weird thing is...regardless whether i attack or raid, whether the opponent is close to me or far weaker than me, whether i win or lose, i dont lose units...
as you can tell, the super hornets tend to be fragile as hell. the valor you earn from the battles doesn't make up for the super hornets lost in the battles. Thats why the number of super hornets was kinda fixed for me at 940 earlier. With the valor from PvP and finishing the goals, i could only purchase about the same number of super hornets as what lost in the fights.

Luckily, now i don't lose any super hornets. The amount of valor literally becomes limitless as i fight more. I managed to bulk up super hornets to 1000...

AO, i remember i attacked you 10 times awhile ago when i was doing invasion operation 124 and you happened to be lv124. That was the moment that i kinda felt my army miraculously became invulnerable because it never happened to me that it didn't cost me any units to attack a player with stats like yours.

Yeah you got me because I was testing something and let my Drone fleet drop off to zero from 300. Anyhow I bumped everything back up in terms of targeting S Hornets and S Frigates. But I think there is a bit of a drop in losses, granted I can't say 100% for sure since I've also been upgrading my Infirmary.