PDA

View Full Version : Remove allies, pull up rivals screen, select, then add allies...?

ammen lee
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I cam about this unintentionally and haven't done again, but dang it made a difference.

So i was tired of pulling up the rivals screen and then searching for people and even though every person had 250 listed as their allies they continuously had wayyyy above that. So i figured i'd moved into a different rivals tier (i was lvl 50).

I dropped down to 229 and saw that all the rivals allies then changed to and dropped to numbers more on par with mine, and did it again to 219. I was pulling up rivals with less than 200 allies.

So I pick a low ally guy and attack, and pulled over 50k, then I see the little blinking arrow pointing out that I had more ally requests ( more like 20).

So while still at that guys base, I clicked add all allies. Immediate return on the money for me. I got over 100k like 4 times. and in addition my rivals screen didnt update to change to rivals so here I was attacking people that had at least 30-40 less allies than me. Felt like ghengis khan there for a bit.

Was wondering if anyone else has done this.

I have not tried it again, and am unsure if its a glitch/workaround/hack or what so I dont want to repeat it. But thats damn dangerous if its working ass intended.

I enjoy the game ( aside from gripes about casualty rates and supply box openings.) and so dont want take away from it.

I'm just curious if anyone else has done this or seen it happen, cause if so its a big hole in the tiered rivals system.

(ps. just to be a jerk if war priest reads this)

"this place is run by children..... & ..... maybe loud noises will fix it" (channeling anchorman here)

ammen lee
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Damn, what's with your crush on me?

just trying to tickle out a sense of humor...

and thanks for your contribution LortagoSott. lol or should i say thanks for the "bump" with oxycontin.....

Aidan
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
(ps. just to be a jerk if war priest reads this)

"this place is run by children..... & ..... maybe loud noises will fix it" (channeling anchorman here)

Lol ammen. U r the naughty one
Happened to me mny times tho it's the lvl one nt allies. Sometimes when i lvld up while attcking n still at the rival's base, n then opened the rivals list, it still showing my previous level. Tho if u click refresh, it will correctly show ur current lvls.

ammen lee
03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Here's the thing though, Ive been reading the forum for a while but only created an account in order to post my MW id number, since doing that I consistently receive multiple ally requests so at any given time I could possibly have between 10 and 30 requests. If one were so inclined to do so they could repeat that multiple times. I havent added any more allies since then. But it allows you to bring a larger number of units to action so a person could do this multiple times and remove allies and continue, regarless of leveling as long as you stay below the different thresholds of ally numbers you could continuously remove/rival list/add allies.

War Priest
03-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Ammen Lee, it's good to have pending allies anyways in case you come across a higher stat player who won't leave you alone. You can then add all the pending, and get a huge increase in stats.

Thunder Child
03-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Do some players actually remove ALL their allies to enter territory occupied by the weaker lower level players? How easy is it to do as a strategy and what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing so? Considered doing this myself, but uncertainty about the outcome has held me back......

Colonelbob
03-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Further to Thunder Child's question, once you remove your allies, and want them back, do you have to type all the numbers in again or is there some easier way? I figure I only get an ally request every day or 2 so manual entry seems to be the way.

Hassleham
03-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Further to Thunder Child's question, once you remove your allies, and want them back, do you have to type all the numbers in again or is there some easier way? I figure I only get an ally request every day or 2 so manual entry seems to be the way.
Post your id on these forums a few times and within a day or two you'll have 30 or more ally requests waiting to be accepted.

Hassleham
03-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Also from my experience the app is too unstable for this technique. If i add a load of allies and go on the rivals list, it will either refresh and come up with targets with a similar numbers of allies or just crash and quit the app.
I once tried visiting an ally with a lot of cash and removing them from my allies list while i was in their base but this didn't work.

Thunder Child
03-23-2012, 07:10 AM
But if I were to reduce my allies by 80 or 90 % would I then have a rivals list to match or would I still be matched with rivals of my level?

digitalwalker
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
But if I were to reduce my allies by 80 or 90 % would I then have a rivals list to match or would I still be matched with rivals of my level?
Below level 90, u always match with ur similar level and number of ally ravils.

Even if u reduce to 10 allies, u still match with players in ur level and with around 10 allies number

Thunder Child
03-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Got it! Cheers!

Agent Orange
03-23-2012, 08:46 AM
That is an interesting idea, I think there is a potential for corrupting our ally list though. Have a look in the technical forum under the heading of lost ally lists, it's about folks (like me) who have lost their ally list. There are some theories but I don't think we've figured out exactly what happened though the common denominator seems to be going past 1000 allies. Problem is there are players with a couple of thousand allies and they haven't had the problem. But one thing that was asked is if you have deleted a group of allies.

My brother has over 500 pending ally requests, he started to delete a lot a while back to level down to get away from more powerful players. But this week when he tried to add some back they were no taking so I think the main thing is to try and avoid a lot of editing of your ally list just in case this is somehow causing the list to become corrupted. Btw this is my theory and may be completely wrong but just in case....

My ally list became corrupted and had to be deleted by the developers. I can say that dropping the number of allies does make things more interesting but it also depends a lot on what level you are at. I'm level 127 at the moment but with a lower ally count, had 1005 when I blew things up..... now a lot lower but what is interesting is how the game tries to match you up with rivals. The game has been adjusted above L90 so it now looks like there is a threashold which you can stay under with lower ally count players and then hit whale territory if you stray past it. I'm still trying to figure out what that cutoff is at the moment.

But in any event your ally count makes a big difference in terms of your rivls list. Those just adding everything under the sun could be setting themselves up for a big take down unless they are also building a strong army. So I think now one of the most important things to do is to make sure you have the strongest units you can afford and to upgrade the unit buildings you will need to produce them. Also to take into account any bonus you can get from your flag and also through boost buildings.

Thunder Child
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
The reason why I asked was that numerous posts have suggested that holding substantially less allies than recommended for a given level might move you away from your level peers and place you with lower level but similarly allies-matched rivals. If such a strategy were adopted by let's say a level 80s player with good stats, he would surely clean up against the lower level players his now reduced number of allies put him together with.

Agent Orange
03-23-2012, 09:42 AM
The reason why I asked was that numerous posts have suggested that holding substantially less allies than recommended for a given level might move you away from your level peers and place you with lower level but similarly allies-matched rivals. If such a strategy were adopted by let's say a level 80s player with good stats, he would surely clean up against the lower level players his now reduced number of allies put him together with.

Yes and no, the other factor is their army composition if you have a lot or all gold units with an attack value over 36 or a lot of super hornets or stealth frigates then I'd say that is a good plan. If you have a lot of weak units it might not be if you run into someone who used that strategy. It may also depend a lot on your level as I noticed quite the change when my LLP leveled up past L 40, granted the problem with all of this is that the game itself is evolving so what we say today or even a few days ago may not be valid further down the road.

wilsontint
03-23-2012, 10:58 AM
I did this last week. Partly to change my rivals 2nd to slow down and camp a bit. I went from 250 to 8 allies. I'm level 45 and there are ALOT of cash cows down here. same level as me "45" with extemely low allie count. large bases and cash incomes. I'm grossing usually 5 mil a day with NO LOSS of units doing PVP.

Thunder Child
03-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Wilsontint, so are you now up against ONLY level 45 players with around 8 allies, or are you picking off lots of others who have 8 allies like you but are at different levels?