PDA

View Full Version : Time For the Ghost to Vanish

Ghost818
03-15-2012, 03:54 AM
So I've been thinking. (I'll wait for the guy in the crowd to yell "It's about time!", crowd starts laughing) So much has changed in the Crime City Community since I’ve joined, both in game, and here on the forum. All this chaos, confusion, arguments, questions, theories, assumptions, friendships, along with the recent visit of one of the most important members of this forum, our pal TS has brought up the question in my mind whether I will continue to be a part of this. Both the game and forum are raising questions in my head. Take into consideration I am going to use myself as an example, my life may or may not be different from any single individuals on here.

The Game:

What is this? I am being timed and controlled by an app on my phone, to stop what I'm doing, run the app collect what I've been building on for months, bank it and close the app. Of course if I missed my collection time I'd have to wait for another specified time that will be flexible with the things I do during my day just so I can collect the money these buildings are generating for me. As of 30 hours ago for me, set 1 hour timers so I can have my chance at saving the 10% of that hard earned pixels I've been building on for months.

Now let’s look at the essential aspects of this game, what’s needed to succeed and of course have fun. That is why we play this game right? What is essentially needed is a good economy, good inventory and most importantly, time.

In order to have a prospering economy, usually you would have to be building and upgrading at almost a non-stop rate so you reach this goal quicker. But of course that's not all; I’ll use myself as an example. I generate an estimated 210K per hour, that's approximately 5M and 40K a day; days when I’ve put my mind to it I have robbed well over 210K per hour. We say economy, but that's just not our buildings, this is supposed to include robbing and attacking too isn't it? So here we go spending our time that some of us enjoy going through each rival over and over again to find a building that hasn't been robbed and rob it, or find that rival who just collected or hasn't banked and attack them so I can save up for that higher tier building and buy that nightclub sooner so my economy can flourish.

But that's not all, in order to be able to successfully rob or attack those rivals to help with in game goals and cash flow along with protecting this so called flourishing economy; you would need to have a decent if not above average attack and defense. To do so what have we done, do and will continue to do? Farm, ladies and gentlemen. We all get on our tractors and spend countless hours and energy on tapping of the screen of your device, and to go along with this we think of ways to further enhance this experience, so we even come up with these theories (some of course started as jokes, and one we were hinted of now I'm sure taken care of is fixed entirely) of facing a magnetic north, blinking 3 times, holding your breath for 5 and only 5 seconds then exhaling will increase our chances of these items we farmed. Yes folks, I did enjoy this (A count of 470 M4s alone, not counting DDs and Vests) but to think of it, is it really what I want to continue doing for a very long time? For those of you with a lower energy amount sometimes even wake up during the night just to farm these valuable items.

Then comes the fact that in the past 48 hours a major change has occurred with this process. The first main item that follows this farming guide, was the all time famous and now even more important M4a1. The early bird, gets the worm is the saying. Those of us that reached the significant amount to keep our Hotels and for the gold spenders Gentlemen's clubs from being robbed, we keep them, those who weren't so quick to catch on got some and also keep them, but for those new players, well...poof its gone. They will think of it as this legendary piece of high tech weaponry that they never got to have. I am not going to get into the politics of the decision of how or why, whether it was fair, unfair, or of a mix of both on the reason why this important first piece of farming becomes available, because it's not my say, and neither is it my style. What was needed to be said from the staff’s side has been stated, and what us players are saying, will continue to be said, of course with different POVs in the ranks of the game our views of this differ? Of course down the food chain comes other items which have been discussed probably more than the word count of this letter that come next in the farming list which are essential to keep your economy alive and prospering along with your attack and defense stats which enable you to do so.

The Forum:

Funzio will be funzio, from day one there were mysteries and questionable factors in this game, but that's what kept the first generation of us forum folk going. Some of us are gone, some still here, some will disappear but we all contributed into trying to find the answers, solving these mysteries & questions, and helping one another to be able to succeed and go forward with our Hoods in Crime City. There are a lot of great people on here and continuing to join, whom I respect. Not only because you guys are nice or fun, but because this felt like another family, people all working together, having fun, contributing their facts and opinions . From day 1 I felt welcome and have tried to help keep the environment the same fun and friendly place to give and receive information. I mean after all that is the point of this forum right? What I have done on here is nothing compared to what the community as a whole has accomplished Those of you new here and those lurking should be thankful for every man and woman who has helped and contributed.

I've met a lot of great people on here, had a lot of factual conversations, cracked a lot of jokes and even a lot of pointless chatter too, but all in all I am grateful for this experience. This was my first and only forum joined and I have truly enjoyed my experience, dealt with a great deal of different personalities and attitudes and tried and IMO succeeded to adapt to them. I do thank all the forum members (I will not give names because you all know who you are) I have interacted with for making this experience fun and worthwhile. I also have to thank the Funzio staff for making this experience possible for me and everyone else. They have always been quick and efficient in resolving most of the issues I have ran into during this long period of time.

I loved the game and I loved the forum but looking into all of this for the past couple of hours made me realize that it is time to put on my infamous Invisibility Cloak, and VANISH as the Ghost I am known to be. I don't know how strong my will is, I don't know if this will be a break, but I also don't know if I will be back long term, but I do know I will visit every once in a while to see how you guys are doing.

If any of you want to contact me or send me a death threat, PM me. I will be leaving my facebook link in my signature, I will only be adding people I know.

Farewell, you will be missed.

Swifty
03-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Very sad to see you go.

Good luck to you.

Joeycool
03-15-2012, 04:16 AM
You will be back ghost.

And Until then you will be missed.

ruffy
03-15-2012, 05:43 AM
sad to hear u quitting.

take a break for a few days then come back?

Fricco
03-15-2012, 05:55 AM
and another one bites the dust...

Appreciated all the advice and post, take care.

Rocky35
03-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Sad to see you go bro. You add more to this forum than some whiners i see on here, 'wahhhh wahhhh, the m4 is nerfed, my life is over, im not spendin any more gold, ohhh, new event, wallsafes, i just spent 200g and got 7 emeralds, i love this game, now nothin, wahhhh, im quitting, no, im not, F funzio, wahhhhhh, '

Wish some of those whiners/losers would quit instead of real forum members.

Swifty
03-15-2012, 06:14 AM
+1 Rocky35, I wish the same thing

Max Power
03-15-2012, 06:15 AM
LOL,

fare thee well, Ghost!

Rocky35
03-15-2012, 06:22 AM
+1 Rocky35, I wish the same thing

seriously man, its sad to see ghost, along with ts, and a few other members, leave this game and forum. im sick of seeing all the whining posts. boohoo, suck it up. I don't contribute much because im dumb like a rock, hence the name, but i dont whine and ***** like some of these people on here. They whine everyday, yet don't quit, damn.

Holicaholic
03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Sad to see you go ghost. Hope your next gaming adventure is better than this one.

Good to see you're contributing so profusely to the forums, rocky. /sarcasm

Vile Lynn
03-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Great while it lasted :)
Fondest farewell!

white frog
03-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks for everything Ghost... you were one of my first mob members, and you've done great things for this community! You'll be missed... again.

Thinks
03-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Take care buddy! I wish you the best of luck on you new vice, whatever it may be.

upsman_17
03-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Later bro, thanks for the insight!

Jill
03-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Another sad day for the forum, Miss you already Ghost ....

whocareswhatmynameis
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
it was a pleasure reading your posts... adieu

xclusiv
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
interesting read, take care, or perhaps see you in the near future ..

G Wiz
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Ghost!! You definately been keepin it real bro. Do what you do well and then do that better. You will be missed!

Regards,
G Wiz

TomJoad
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Farewell Ghost, you are a very good ghost, almost as good as The Ghost of Tom Joad.
Thanks for being the first ( an almost the only one ) greeting me here.
And take this , take a bottle of ma' whiskey for the journey; Gezz, nobody got ma' whisky before!

:( Take this with you too:

The highway is alive tonight
But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where Ghost headin’ on
I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
Waitin’ for the Ghost commin’ back home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JChuUgio_8g

erik
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Be well bro. Hope you drop in from time to time. Cheers!

Nicholost
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Dang, Ghost. I'm going to miss you, bud. Who's going to willingly bow down and take my ruthless jokes and cruelty with so little opposition? And then, who's going to reciprocate? (Alright, that's an exaggeration, but it was fun cracking jokes with ya.) Don't give up the game... until I have, at least. And do peek in to see what the next big thing is. Heck, if you wait long enough, I may actually pass through puberty before your return. Cheers.

madawgg
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
ghost is being ghost!

Ghost818
03-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Just dropping by to say thanks for the kind words. I really do hope you guys enjoy your time on here just as I did.

Alice
03-15-2012, 06:21 PM
farewell ghost, we'll miss you

2Legit
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Sad to see you go bro. You add more to this forum than some whiners i see on here, 'wahhhh wahhhh, the m4 is nerfed, my life is over, im not spendin any more gold, ohhh, new event, wallsafes, i just spent 200g and got 7 emeralds, i love this game, now nothin, wahhhh, im quitting, no, im not, F funzio, wahhhhhh, '

Wish some of those whiners/losers would quit instead of real forum members.

LMAO:D:D:D: It's so true, I can't stop laughing

I mean foreel, for those ppl who keeps whining about this and that, FUNZIO never force you to buy gold. So, if they nerfed an item, big deal, move on. You don't need to keep making a thread about it, bcoz I don't think they give a fack what you say

Au Revoir, GHOST!

Bruiser
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Adios Amigo, always a laugh with you on here, I'm beginning to feel like a veteran now with all you guys leaving. Take care bud

Nudie
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Blink! Where did he go?

nvbealone
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
another RIP

Bruiser
03-16-2012, 04:14 AM
This trend will continue if Funzio keep biting the hand that feeds it. Each day i get more annoyed at their antics and volatile theories that make no sense OR they choose not to disclose fully what their intentions are/where etc