PDA

View Full Version : Skill Points??

bstocks
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I am sure this has been asked before but I have been searching for a while and cant find anything. Anyways, what is the best way to distribute your skill points when you level up?

Flipmode
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
It does exist, search again.

For me energy>defence>attack>stamina.

JohnnyR
03-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Depends on your level. I'd recomend focusing on building your energy bar early so you can complete missions and farm good units like the desert leader early and amphibious trooper later in the game. Once your bar is to the point where you can go 6 or 7 hours from empty to full, a lot of people split the points down a/d, or they might just focus on defense. Personally, everything I earn goes into attack, as I attack a lot and I let my defensive units deter with their visible stats.

Also, a point to consider is that skill points put toward attack and defense do not affect your attack or defense score in a visible way. They just increase chances of success.

Also, remember to put some on stamina every now and then. It is annoying to have to wait 3 minutes per attack cos you found a cash cow dropping 150k and ya have no stamina left!

Mcdoc
03-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Depends on your level. I'd recomend focusing on building your energy bar early so you can complete missions and farm good units like the desert leader early and amphibious trooper later in the game . . .

Also, remember to put some on stamina every now and then. It is annoying to have to wait 3 minutes per attack cos you found a cash cow dropping 150k and ya have no stamina left!

Once again I perfectly agree with Johnny's comments as I copied them.

Early on - I wanted to farm the missions so I took my energy way up. THEN - when I was ready to get aggressive and go out on the attack - I got my Stamina up to 25 so I could actually enjoy a good hunt before running out. Truthfully - I went 3 points Energy on one level up and then the next level up I'd go 2 points Stamina (really one point) and the 3rd point back to energy. The next time I went 3 energy and time after would go 2 points back to Stamina and alternate patterns one for defense, one for attack.

So the end result for me right now at LvL 79 is 1000 Energy, 25 Stamina (stopped at 25 a long time ago) and since level 65 I've focused all on Defense and attack to get them up to 65 defense, 50 attack. I'm a very aggressive player who has relied more on farming cash via PvP than I have relied on through cash buildings - I mean after all - there are no wait times or upgrade costs to go attack 25 times :)

I'm sure there are many paths, but in the lower levels you are best served to concentrate on the missions until you feel strong enough to go Agro on the world :)

Happy Hunting

Flipmode
03-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Only ever attack if I totally outclass opposition, so attack is pointless for me. Rarely find a cash cow sufficient to make PvP really profitable. Just a means to an end for getting valour and find it replenishes quickly enough for the amount of time I can put into the game. (One attack run when I get in, another before bed)

Also, I only PvP if I have two goals at stake (attack player of #level and attack player with #allies) so additional stamina is wasted on me.

Defence seems a good skill to repel those players who think 10% higher attack means a guaranteed win.

Energy is just all round good for cash, achievements and loot farming.

Mcdoc
03-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Defence seems a good skill to repel those players who think 10% higher attack means a guaranteed win . . .

I think that your defense skill points are your biggest unknown factor here that can totally be in your favor. I have funneled 65 points here and I get News Reports ALL the time of people who attack me and leave anywhere from $1,600 to to $20,000 cash for me and when I go back to look at their stats to see if I can squeeze some more cash out of the cow - their stats totally own me & I can't get a successful raid on them. The defense stat is something that no one else can see so even though it looks like they should totally win against you - they are lulled into an attack and get stung by a bee leaving behind unvaulted cash that they have collected on their attack campaign and haven't broken their rival list to go vault it. Funny thing is, they usually can't believe what just happened and then attack me again, then try a raid - so in. My news feed I will see that I won $16,000 from their unsuccessful raid, then after 3 more attacks I will lose $1,600 of their money back to them because I was sleeping and obviously didn't vault the cash they left behind :)

So again, I think defense points are your best protection against aggressive PvP players (like myself) who scour the rivals list looking for "easy targets".

kuku
03-19-2012, 01:27 AM
i have a question to my skills guys.

i have atm

1D
1A
1940EN
30ST

i think its to mutch energie now -.-

i will skill now only to attack, no need to skill anything to def or?

Luke7676
03-19-2012, 01:47 AM
i have a question to my skills guys.

i have atm

1D
1A
1940EN
30ST

i think its to mutch energie now -.-

i will skill now only to attack, no need to skill anything to def or?

I'd start dropping some into attack and defense.. Unless your a big gold player and it's not needed.. Hard to say without more info.

phucera
03-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Attack is fastest way to up level & get money.
My Base have just been set up for 01 week & without real money.
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/phucera/3.png

43K money/hit :o (sometime over 150K/hit)
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/phucera/4.png

& 30k valors, enought for shopping?
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/phucera/5.png

Tim @ MW
03-19-2012, 06:56 AM
One week does not a strategy make. Soon you will run out of people to make money from. And the buildings and vaults you ignore to upgrade will come back to haunt you.

Expand and build a lot of money buildings while you can.

phucera
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
You are right, beside attack to get money, do seting up & upgading the large-money getting building.
I do not know if at higher lever, the time for expanding and building are more higher as normal ?. If not, the time for strategy made is the same but faster at Units equipment & ................decorating your Base:). View my base at #78: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18770-Come-in-and-share-your-beautiful-base-pictures-%29/page8

Col.34w
03-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I have spent most of my skill points on defense. I am a free player and have not been successful camping especially after the ammo box craze. My army is pretty weak compared to some players that raid/attack all the time, for me it is still not always profitable and I hate losing units, especially Valor units. Been working on my income and upgrading unit buildings so if PvP gets "repaired" I might start raiding again. My experience with 74 defensive skill points has been a huge help in fending off attacks because I am left with cash on my wall quite a bit and some of the battles I would/should have lost without a high defensive skill. I wish we knew for sure..
Level 59
Attack 8400
Defense 11400
Skill Attack 20
Skill defense 74
Energy 830
Stamina 12

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I have spent most of my skill points on defense. I am a free player and have not been successful camping especially after the ammo box craze. My army is pretty weak compared to some players that raid/attack all the time, for me it is still not always profitable and I hate losing units, especially Valor units. Been working on my income and upgrading unit buildings so if PvP gets "repaired" I might start raiding again. My experience with 74 defensive skill points has been a huge help in fending off attacks because I am left with cash on my wall quite a bit and some of the battles I would/should have lost without a high defensive skill. I wish we knew for sure..
Level 59
Attack 8400
Defense 11400
Skill Attack 20
Skill defense 74
Energy 830
Stamina 12

These stats aren't particularly terrible. You might have too many allies, are you max allied right now? It might be a bit dangerous right now to lower your ally number if you are on some strong rival's newsfeed, but in the long run if you cut your ally list you might be able to build your economy/base and be able to fend off attackers. While doing this, make sure to build up your unit density by purchasing stronger units. Remember you are limited in the amount of units to bring into battle-make those unit slots count. Super Hornets are strong and easy to get, only require a level 1 (or is it level 2?) advanced air base and have low casualty rate, a very quick way to raise your stats.

Col.34w
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Hey JohnnyR
I am maxed out on allies in fact over, 320 allies. The only resason for it is because it was on my mission list and wanted some loot! I have a few Super Hornets (8), but I don't have enough Valor to get more. When I attack even weaker players and win I lose my Valor units occasionally . My economy is ok at 181k and growing, but am concentrating on upgrading shipyard to get some Stealth Frigates as well..currently playing as China ( killing me) as I have 680 ATroopers which make up most of my army, but plan on switching to UK soon when I get my Frigates.
Sound reasonable? Oh and my vault will be 10mil on Saturday..

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Well, each country has it's advantage. Have you taken advantage of the GIGN's cheap valor cost? With China's 10% bonus to infantry, if you haven't stocked up on those, I would do that before spreading things out-but that's just my opinion, and isn't really applicable if you plan on switching anyway to UK. Sounds like you done well with the ATs at least, no worries about your low end. Good econ and vault, BTW-sounds like you won't have a prob with high end sea units if you keep going.

Mcdoc
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
@ Col.34w

Don't worry about getting Allies back when you drop some for the immediate advantages. The FASTEST way to pick those allies back up is to add your game ID to your signature in this forum :)

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
@ Col.34w

Don't worry about getting Allies back when you drop some for the immediate advantages. The FASTEST way to pick those allies back up is to add your game ID to your signature in this forum :)

Bingo dude, yeah-I was pretty surprised at the boost to my pending list when I stuck it on there. Personally, think it's wise to go for a few more valor missions to bulk up with some higher power units, and THEN drop down.

General advice for allying down-
-Do it all at once.
-Don't attack anyone for a while prior. Do not attack anyone on your way down. Nothing sucks more than having a guy with 20k Attack smacking you around while you are at 50 allies strong, lol.
-Make sure you have a viable meat shield to take the hits. When you lower your ally count, your bottom units end up being higher up on the stat list-don't cut it too close to the top! If you do, make sure they are ALL low casualty items.

Just from my mixed experience. I lost a TON of strike eagles my first time down...never again.

Mcdoc
03-20-2012, 06:34 AM
@ JohnnyR

Love your FNG signature :)