PDA

View Full Version : S'up dudez what'd I miss?

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P71XU.png

Whip88
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Is this really tramp?

flop
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
They see me rollin

Tren
03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
trust me, RUN

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Welcome back Tramp Stamp, Im sure you farm M4s so you noticed the rusty ****s, and the event wouldve shown up in game. All you missed is all the BS that happens on the forums, Chaos, Confusion, and tons of Theories...its just um...most of them cant be backed up.

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Rusty ****s sounds painful. Maybe you have too much iron in your diet.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM

and that was what the forum was lacking....:D
Welcome back sir.

Tren
03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
TS why far you q u i t?

Dreno33
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
TS, could you point me in the right direction for a list of goal completions?

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Rusty ****s sounds painful. Maybe you have too much iron in your diet.Oh no, I never got the rusty ****s disease cause I havnt farmed at those specific maps for a while. Leila takes care of me pretty darn well, I heard she does with most, (kinda bothers me) but it is what it is.

emcee
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Sounds like Tramp 2.0. Original Tramp does not use this vernacular.

Whip88
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome back are you logging into the game again? or are you just stopping by?

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
TS why far you q u i t?

Ehh, it got boring. I'm really into this cup and ball now.

Whip88
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
haha i wanna play with the cup and ball.

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds like Tramp 2.0. Original Tramp does not use this vernacular.

Welcome back are you logging into the game again? or are you just stopping by?

Think of it as Tramp Stamp 2.0.1, which includes a few limited time events designed to milk some last lulz out of an end-of-life product.

dudeman
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Ehh, it got boring. I'm really into this cup and ball now.

dudeman likes this.

Whip88
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Well regardless its good to see you here.

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 08:59 PM
By the way, I hope someone told you this or you saw, but all your hard work wasnt erased, but moved into the Creative section and merged with Duke's Decoration thread.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21151-Hood-Decoration

Tren
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Ts you have to see this
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

erik
03-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Good to see you!! Welcome to Dramatown.

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
In all seriousness, my popping in is in response to continued emails and whatnot. I don't mind getting them, but apparently there's demand for closure in public form. I wrote this essay thing but it was long and boring and didn't accurately reflect my emotional state, which is apathy. Plus I hate butthurt quits, which is why I kept my departure message as succinct as possible. So, due to popular demand, here's the abridged version in Q&A form:

Why did you quit?

I got bored.

Was it because of what happened to the econ topic?

No.

If Funzio restored the topic, would you come back?

No. Honestly, I didn't give two ****s about the topic. My annoyance was transient, and it was due to yet another example of incompetence and questionable priorities, not because I felt slighted. I'd have felt the same way if, say, Syn's topic got un-stickied.

Are you coming back?

No. In fact, I think my departure was flawless. I spared myself further annoyance.

Did you foresee the nerf?

Yes, though I didn't expect the drastic form it took.

What is your opinion on the M4 A1 nerf?

I think it's been about covered. dudeman's best post I've seen him make is on the subject. epicrecipe and DiscoDoc have a chain of insightful comments. Max Power, allhaildiscordia, and JimmyShines have piercing but fair opinions on the matter. I agree with TemplarX in that many of you are too eager to accept at face value anything Funzio tells you, especially when most of what they say makes no sense whatsoever and you have two overly defensive employees contradicting each other. I know there was other good stuff in there so sorry if I didn't mention your name, but those guys covered most of it. I never dreamed that this company would actually take the stance of, "No, we're not malicious, and how dare you accuse us of that! We're merely incompetent and negligent!" I mean, wow.

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Ts you have to see this
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/002/144/fry.jpg

Nicholost
03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
...many of you are too eager to accept at face value anything Funzio tells you, especially when most of what they say makes no sense whatsoever and you have two overly defensive employees contradicting each other. Dang it, dude. I actually like believing that the people are generally good and the world is an okay place. Don't ruin this for me!

Thanks for providing some closure. The why-you-left topic has been quite popular lately.

epicrecipe
03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
TS, the CCMark quote in your sig was his response to my feedback. It completely outflanks my point and leaves me with the only sensible strategy: stop spending RM and unplug. I'm going to see how this plays out a bit more, but I've grown bored for the same reasons.

i need muney
03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
I didnt get promoted at work :(

qwikster
03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Why did you quit?

I got bored.

good to hear from you one last time. i share your sentiment. just hanging on by the thread.

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm going to see how this plays out a bit more, but I've grown bored for the same reasons.

The near complete inability to form a long term strategy in a long term strategy game, coupled with the devastating effect of not playing (cases in point: M4 A1 nerf, missed lockbox event w/ free banking reward), are the primary reasons I declared retirement rather than a hiatus. What basically happened is I, at an intuitive level, did a cost-benefit analysis and determined that options going forward did not provide enough for me to stay in the game and that my remaining interest would decay rapidly if I put the game down for a week. It actually took less than that. After about 24 hours, the game wasn't "in my head" at all anymore beyond an inward chuckle at the frustrated persons surely hammering that level 5 Loft over and over again with no results.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
tramp...you gat anymore of that fish?

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Another reason I left is that saltwater fish will be extinct by 2048 and I plan to live at least that long.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
-1 for those mayans...

Tramp Stamp
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
You're behind the times. Mayans have been nerfed.

epicrecipe
03-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Precisely. I'll add that the official response confirms the real imbalance I described in my initial reaction (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21661-Honestly-its-your-loss&p=131478&viewfull=1#post131478)

As for unplugging, I experienced the same thing when I dropped a series of Storm 8 games a couple years ago. It's remarkably easy to walk away.

BTW, PM sent.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Assuming the mayans had a fully equipped mafia to assume the total destruction of us humans means they needed7,000,000,000 for each of the melee, guns, armour, vehicles and explosives.

I think they were hacking bro. I can only equip 500 humans.

Steve0
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Welcome back TS

Nudie
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
This is all too depressing. I think I'll go try open a lockbox or something...

Max Power
03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Yep, that's our TS.

Good to see your commentary. Always enjoy your missives. Fare thee well, as they say.

duder
03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
While you were out we were able to develop a definitive unified formula for building upgrade choices that includes ROI, marginal utility of time, factors in expansion timing, and provides a perfect choice set regardless of play style.

But the thread disappeared.

Caleb
03-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Glad you are back, if only briefly. Maybe you can stop by to liven up the place in the dullz points between Events and Dramaville.

I appropriated your threads and combined them in a doc, which I would ceremoniously hand over to you or ask your blessing to continue to promote. Your analysis of the game is still sought after and appreciated.

And yeah, your timing on exiting the Hood seems to have been spot on.

Dillinja
03-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Woaah awesome dude, now every-time I look down at a trampstamp I can carry on with my rhythm instead of stopping and thinking about where you've disappeared to.....

xclusiv
03-15-2012, 08:19 AM
for me tramp stamp, brought in more depth in the game, with the spread sheets information building info strategys.

im not sure the way funzio intended this game to be played, but if they encouraged farming and other things it does make the game alot more interesting

Tramp Stamp
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Woaah awesome dude, now every-time I look down at a trampstamp I can carry on with my rhythm instead of stopping and thinking about where you've disappeared to.....

Try lifting slightly the shirt of an 18 year girl rebelling against daddy.

Santa
03-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Try lifting slightly the shirt of an 18 year girl rebelling against daddy.

So are you back for real? Or is this just a check in to keep up with the news?

Tramp Stamp
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Just wandering by.

Swifty
03-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Just wandering by to lift a few shirts?

Swifty
03-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh, wait.

Did you say shirt or skirt?

Santa
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh, wait.

Did you say shirt or skirt?

Either one is fine with me. Please don't ban me.

Dorian Gray
03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Good to hear from you TS. It's sad to see people quit the game out of boredom. It's also rather strange though as well, coming from my perspective.

My mom got me into this game. So before I even downloaded the app I knew the basic premise of the game and one of the most obvious aspects of the game is how boring it was going to be. Waiting... for your energy to fill up. Waiting... for your stamina to fill up. Waiting... for your buildings to pay off. Waiting... for construction to complete. Waiting... for an upgrade to complete. But she wanted me in her mafia so I started the game with expectations low. I ended up finding the forums and enjoying the CC expeience a lot more than I thought I would, finding it fun to set and achieve my personal goals.

If I want excitement out of a game I play First Person Shooters where I have to strategize in 'real' time against 'real' people where you can communicate with a team in a fast paced action oriented enviornment with bullets flying and explosions going off where split second reactions can mean the difference between life and death...

But there's a longer term planning satisfaction I can get from this game that I don't get from other games I play. So despite the games inherent boredom I'm sure I'll be drawing enjoyment from this game for a long time to come even if it's only to see how far I can take my Hood's economy.

Santa
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
CC really draws you in early on. It's somehow quite addictive.

AppleMacGuy
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM

LMAO...too funny...

You just couldn't keep away huh?!

epicrecipe
03-15-2012, 06:29 PM
But there's a longer term planning satisfaction I can get from this game that I don't get from other games I play.

What is your long term strategy?

I agree with what you say here, but nerfing inherently disrupts one's ability to farm, which is key part of a long term strategy, along with selective camping, mafia management, respect and economic development. Funzio has made it clear that they will tinker with game mechanics to 'balance' outcomes. Not in ways you'd expect like tiered weapon drops or mission benefits relative to rank and time/$. They will take action to benefit or harm entire swaths of players. Read around, this has led to paralysis, frustration and abandonment.

How does one plan in an environment that actively thwarts strategery? What is your long term plan?

When this deeper level of gameplay is removed - the very thing that gives satisfaction to you and TS and I - boredom naturally ensues.

Dorian Gray
03-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I hear you and I'm in the middle of catching up in the M4 sticky. My long term planning statement was made more with economy in mind which is one of the more stable parts of the game I would say.

2Legit
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
DUdeeeeeeeeeeee, WB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed those images you come up with every post you make