PDA

View Full Version : Building Question

beaux
03-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Started earlier today to erect a comedy club this afternoon think it said it was going to take like 5-5:30 hrs. to finish. Everything was going fine then later afternoon the icon that is usually on a building when is going up went away and another sign came up in it's place looks like a man with a rake or shovel and a little pile of dirt and it won't tell you how long till building is done or any other information. Anybody else ever had this problem or have an idea of how to deal with it.

Euchred
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Comedy club takes 9 hours to build. I've noticed that buildings while being built can be tricky to click on. To get an update try to build something else and a window of what you're currently building and how much longer it's going to tale should pop up.

The only drawback to this is you have to have enough money on hand to build whatever building you click on to get the pop up window that something else is being built. If you don't it will just say you need more money.

beaux
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I did an up grade on one of my buildings during the time that the club was building and it went right on and started and won't let anything else start because it's running. Don't mind just want to make sure it's going to come out in the end.

Euchred
03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
It should from what I can tell. But if you want to see exactly when it's going to finsh then use the above method it basically tells you you can't build because your comedy club is being built and says when it's going to be done underneath.

dudeman
03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Comedy club takes 9 hours to build. I've noticed that buildings while being built can be tricky to click on. To get an update try to build something else and a window of what you're currently building and how much longer it's going to tale should pop up.

The only drawback to this is you have to have enough money on hand to build whatever building you click on to get the pop up window that something else is being built. If you don't it will just say you need more money.

There is an easier way around that little bug. Instead of pulling money out of the bank, just move something in your hood. You don't actually need to move it, just select the move option and then cancel the move.

Now you can get the info from your current build/upgrade in progress, and you don't need to risk any cash on hand.

beaux
03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Nothing will show up on it when I click on it not move upgrade nothing.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Did you receive a call or anything whilst playing crime city? Not drawing attention to anything fishy, but things like this always seem to mess up the game for me in some fashion...especially in the past.

I suggest deleting it, turning off your phone, then after powering on, install CC again.

Having rabbits tail, 4 leaf clovers or throwing salt over your shoulder will help with this.

EDIT: *deleting it* - referring to the app itself. My apologies.

beaux
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
It's on the iPad the HDversion. If I delete the comedy club and reload will I lose the cash invollved?

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Yes! Don't do that! I meant deleting the CC app.

dudeman
03-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Nothing will show up on it when I click on it not move upgrade nothing.

I know that you can't select the "problem building" being built or upgraded, and Euchred seems to have found one solution to that issue. I am telling you an alternative solution that works for me, but I think you may not have done it correctly. Maybe I could have been more specific.

Knowing that you already cannot select the problem building, move something ELSE in your hood. You can still select any other object in your hood, be it a building or decoration, so you have to try this solution with an object you know you can move. Select "move" after you highlight any object other than the problem building, then cancel the move. Or move it, it doesn't matter. NOW try to select the building that was giving you problems.

You should be able to get the building information to pop up now.

Edit: FYI, I am also using CCHD on an iPad (2). In case that helps in any way.