PDA

View Full Version : 4 emeralds in a day, quality over quanity

xclusiv
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
in my experience it has been the higher level map and more energy job you do the better chance you will have in the box containing a gem, if you were to to farm alot of boxes at low level maps low level energy. the boxes are less likely to contain gems and you will be wasting your time. if you get the boxes from the higher maps higher energy you will get gems.

got 4 gems on day 1. from boxes at higher map levels.
got 0 gems from boxes at low map levels.

Brent
03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
i got 2 today... I got all my safes at North Side so i'd say i have a descent chance to get an emerald. I only had 3 fails and about 8 succesful opens so its looking pretty good for me so far.

madawgg
03-14-2012, 07:04 PM
lol you can speculate that, but it's not true. What lock boxes contain is solely dependent on probability. SO no matter where you got ur boxes, you will have an equal chance harvesting emerald from them...and if I recall it correctly, I got 5 the first day in the last lockbox event

epicrecipe
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I always thought the item was random at each open. Programmatically, this would be easier to design and CCMark said the probability of catching the later emeralds is lowered. I hadn't considered that each safe is assigned a specific item. I suppose this logic could have been coded...It'll be interesting to see if your theory plays out.

Swifty
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I do not think xclusiv is right on this one, but it would sure explain a lot of things in my own experience if he is correct.

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
This is not entirely true. All my safes come from Leila, except for the 2nd emerald I got which was from PVP. With every safe opened my rewards are getting crappier. -_-

Dreno33
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
This is not entirely true. All my safes come from Leila, except for the 2nd emerald I got which was from PVP. With every safe opened my rewards are getting crappier. -_-

are you using gold or money or free to open?

i have 2 more boxes

tries 9 fails 8
emeralds 1

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
All of my attempts have been with the money. None free None gold.

Alice
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Finally Made it to 4 in the first day. 22 attempts all with cash option

Xira
03-14-2012, 09:29 PM
I am at 8, about 8/16 currently using gold. I got 6 safes off 10 energy on one person today lawl...

BudMan
03-15-2012, 03:28 AM
So is anyone having any success getting emeralds by using gold? I'm considering buying some in hopes of getting free bank deposits. I've been reading around but not seeing many people mentioning buying gold and they seem mainly concerned about which weapons they're getting. My main concern in this game right now is making a ton of money. I've been farming Blast Suits at The Parking Garage in Empire Central Station and have gotten 11 safes. I unsuccessfully opened 2 and did open one for $25,000. I have 10 left and would love to buy enough gold to get emeralds out of all of them (obv). But this seems unlikely after what I've been reading. So just to reiterate, my question is this...

Does buying gold to open a safe guarantee and emerald?

P.S. I'm at level 104 and my income is $126739/hr. About to build my 2nd nightclub so getting free deposits would be HUGE for me at this point. Thanks! :D

Max Power
03-15-2012, 04:42 AM
I have 7 emeralds. Almost all my boxes come from Liela. I spend gold to open them. I went from 0 to 7 lickity split, now I am at a wall.

Anecdotal? Of course, but the concept that the prize in the box is a variable based on where the box came from to me appears untrue, and from a programming standpoint makes zero sense.

More witchcraft.

BudMan
03-15-2012, 05:24 AM
^^^That's one good sign. Anyone else?

Xira
03-15-2012, 05:51 AM
I stated previously I am stuck at 8 with gold. The first event I remember be stuck at 8 a bit and 9 was rough, at least 25 opens. With the new prices it will hurt a bit more as well.

duder
03-15-2012, 05:59 AM
I think I can put this one to rest re: higher lv/lower lv maps - I have 3 emeralds... I, uh, don't have access to higher level maps. That's all from the first 3 maps.

Rocky35
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
I think I can put this one to rest re: higher lv/lower lv maps - I have 3 emeralds... I, uh, don't have access to higher level maps. That's all from the first 3 maps.

It show that the OP of this thread is an idiot. Biggest complainer since the m4 is nerfed, 'wahhhh, im not spending more gold, who's with me? Who's quitting with me? huh, no one, no one?'

and now the idiot is posting false information that everyone know level maps hav nothing to do with the success of the safes opening. wahhhhhhh

Holicaholic
03-15-2012, 06:58 AM
It show that the OP of this thread is an idiot. Biggest complainer since the m4 is nerfed, 'wahhhh, im not spending more gold, who's with me? Who's quitting with me? huh, no one, no one?'

and now the idiot is posting false information that everyone know level maps hav nothing to do with the success of the safes opening. wahhhhhhh

Calling other people names on the internet? You must have the biggest e-boner right now.

Max Power
03-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Calling other people names on the internet? You must have the biggest e-boner right now.

LOL......!

BudMan
03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Just bought some gold. 1 for 1 with getting an emerald by opening a safe with gold

Swifty
03-15-2012, 07:10 AM
@BudMan

I hope that trend continues for you.

Rocky35
03-15-2012, 07:14 AM

Im just stating a fact bro. Im not being mean and calling everyone names, just him. Dude is a senior member with 545 posts to his name, been here long enough to know everything. It was already stated during the last lockboxes event, that the success rate of opening has nothing to do with maps or whether u get it from pvp or pve.

Look at all his threads, dude whines about everything. hey, if you think people like this are cool, and want to stick up for him, no sweat. Im just sick of seeing stupid rants, and now, dumb posts from the guy. Just my 2 cents.

Holicaholic
03-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Im just stating a fact bro. Im not being mean and calling everyone names, just him. Dude is a senior member with 545 posts to his name, been here long enough to know everything. It was already stated during the last lockboxes event, that the success rate of opening has nothing to do with maps or whether u get it from pvp or pve.

Look at all his threads, dude whines about everything. hey, if you think people like this are cool, and want to stick up for him, no sweat. Im just sick of seeing stupid rants, and now, dumb posts from the guy. Just my 2 cents.

You're stating a fact, and he is stating an opinion. His first sentence starts out with "in my experience", not "this is how things are, period.". I fail to see how calling him an idiot adds anything to this topic or the forum in general. I'm not sticking up for him in particular; I'm just trolling a troll.

xclusiv
03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
im at 5 emeralds right now, didnt have much success opening boxes, but hitting 10 gems before event ends looks promising.

Amor
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Ever heard of PID? Some games have it (Runescape for one), I do not know if CC does. Stands for 'Player Identification' and it affects all aspects of the game including luck, high hits vs low hits, etc. Maybe some of us are blessed with good PID and some are cursed. I seem cursed -.-

Swifty
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I got low PID.

I have statistically analyzed various results, and I am consistently below average.

Except multi-click Nadya, that came out right on average.