PDA

View Full Version : Defence Buidlings

Dean T
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Does it really matter where the defence buildings are placed? I see that it looks like they protect an area around them, but does it really matter. I am thinking that as long as they are there it shoudn't matter where they are. Any one have suggestions on this?
Dean T

JohnnyR
03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, there's a blue halo around them that raise the defense of surrounding buildings. Taking in this observation, I'd stack my towers in a way that multiple halos cover the more valuable money buildings, such as oil rigs, munitions, ore mines, nano techs, etc. This is theoretical, as there are no observable stats or values one can judge the effectiveness of towers with. Heck, they might not even stack... Perhaps if each building had a defensive value that was increased the more halos covered them, we'd all have a way to strategize....for now, tis a mystery and a guessing game.

This is a part of the game I wish Funzio would or could flesh out a bit.

Mcdoc
03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
I agree with Johnny, I pLace my defenses With the idea that the blue circle and the Defense symbol above the buildings actually means something or Funzio wouldn't have spent the time coding those graphic effects Into the game. I can't for sure tell you how it works or if multiple defense buildings stack up on a cash building - BUT - I can tell you that my Oil Rig was raided for $105,000 so I moved it closer to land and put 2 mine fields and a Sam unit within range and it hasn't been successfully raided since! Not complete verification, but a scientific approach with seemingly solid evidence to prove my theory.

So the unknown factors on top of this question are how many Attack Skill points the raider has versus the Defense Skill points you have invested AND THEN how much does their alliance attack overpower your alliance defense to begin with???

Devs - please please please help shed some light on this issue. Some people claim that the defense buildings are useless one you reach a 10k Alliance Defense on your own while others like myself strategically plan our base configurations around the perceived function of overlapping that Blue Defensive Ring.

War Priest
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
It's because they need to be upgraded. A defense building with a score of 25 isn't going to do much. I had EMP cannons before golden units and they worked out good. Of course their score is 125 at level one so if there upgraded to a high score they work.