PDA

View Full Version : Joeycools Wall box satisfaction guide

Joeycool
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
This is my guide to satisfaction during the event.

Get this in your head right now... do one of 2 things

1. Gamble
2. Dont gamble

Lots of people were angry at the end of the last event because they didn't get the Sig.

If you want the top weapon... you are going to have to buy Gold. Full stop.

If you buy a load of gold you may still not get it. Its a big gamble. You need to understand that. You are not guaranteed it. You may well spend lots of gold and get nothing worth while at all. So if you are not a gambling type... don't gamble.

Its no good complaining how rubbish Funzio are if you get unlucky and spent 500G and got nothing but a bit of respect points and some useless items that wont boost your stats after the event is finished. Because Funzio are not rubbish. When you gamble... you are not guaranteed to win... capisce?

Do not spend time looking at all the threads where people are posting how many safes they have opened and how many emeralds they have if you are going to gamble. It will destroy you. Because you will not have as many emeralds as them... then you are going to start to feel cheated. And what was a fun event will become "unfun" very quickly. There may not be many of these threads about now, but over the next few days there will be loads. Play your own game. Let other people get on with their own game and do not let yourself get jealous of others good luck!

Dont worry about how many wall safes you are getting... by the end of it will have more safes than you will have time to open!

If you are not a gambler... then see this as it is... free goodies. You can use the free option to open all the boxes you possibly can and it will have cost you zip! Result!

In summary... if you are going to have a punt and put some gold into it... go into it understanding that you may spend a fortune and get nothing.

Myself... I plan on spending a fortune! That Funzio bank account isnt going to get full by itself is it??!

Swifty
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
+1 Joeycool, as usual

Aid
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
+1 Joeycool, brilliant

Fricco
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
-2 JoeyCool,
just trying to keep the balance. ;)

Joeycool
03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
-2 JoeyCool,
just trying to keep the balance. ;)

Thats Funzio's job Fricco. Stop nerfing threads! ;)

Luke 3457
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM
+1 did tramp pass the torch? Great post! I'm feeling the gambling spirit!

Nudie
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
My momma always sez "Don't gamble with love"

Joeycool
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
My momma always sez "Don't gamble with love"

You cant hurry love either apparently.

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
+1 Joeycool

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
+1 for the guy too cool for his own name ;)

Joe Brown1
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
+3 Joey - gotta counter Fricco and give you one for myself.

Besides, I now have to go sacrifice a chicken with a rusty M4A1 to restore my luck and get 7 more emeralds.

duder
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
@joey
Do you hire yourself out to urinate in a fellah's morning cereal too? 'Cause if you don't I'm thinking career change...

Oh, uh, and a +1 (that means we agree right?)

cookies
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Lots of people were angry at the end of the last event because they didn't get the Sig.

snip

Because Funzio are not rubbish.

snip

Game making people angry is poor design, but that is just me ofc.

Al boss
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
+1 nice work

Nicholost
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Rad thread. I'm going to link everyone who complains about Wall Safes to this.

+1 to you, sir.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 09:45 AM
It's sad how people who pay cash end up pissed and freeloaders like me are happy to get free goodies :)

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 09:58 AM
It's sad how people who pay cash end up pissed and freeloaders like me are happy to get free goodies :)

Thats key mate! If you dont want to get mad with these events... dont spend gold!

Seems like Funzio have these events a bit wrong for that reason.

I suggested in another thread, that for future events I would like to see the prizes given for goals that you can achieve with hard work. Rather than blind luck. For example log in and fight 10 people 10 times a day. Something along those lines.

And I say blind luck because although as stated in this thread, that it is a gamble, we are not given any odds. Therefore you are blindy gambling. For all people know the odds could be 1000/1.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Im with you Joey. The harder you play - the better the reward

doug19
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Like that idea Joey! A lot of other simmilar games have rewards based like that, Funzio could learn something from them...

Santa
03-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Good idea Joey! +1

The only thing I can see Funzio doing though is adding a small amount of "hard work goals", I mean they make most of their money off their "random chance" events. If I was running a business like his, no way I would get rid of gold consuming events. How would I make any money?

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Good idea Joey! +1

The only thing I can see Funzio doing though is adding a small amount of "hard work goals", I mean they make most of their money off their "random chance" events. If I was running a business like his, no way I would get rid of gold consuming events. How would I make any money?

Charge an entrance fee.

I think the people who spent money on this event will not be spending money on the next one.

Ram
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/rirvqg.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/25f0j6c.png

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Ram, normally I would say something stupid regarding the fact that you just posted the same thing in three different threads, but you just got the Burner, man... without cash. That glory is worthy of at least three more duplicate posts. Congrats, man. Post on...

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Ram, normally I would say something stupid regarding the fact that you just posted the same thing in three different threads, but you just got the Burner, man... without cash. That glory is worthy of at least three more duplicate posts. Congrats, man. Post on...

I'm sure he will.

Nicholost
03-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm sure he will.

Haha! You called it. I think he's up to six posts with those images.

Joeycool
03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
He does like to blow his own trumpet bless him.

i need muney
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Here also? Oh, man =))))

Ram
03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
He does like to blow his own trumpet bless him.

I like to play with my own trumpet!

Amber_
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Very good post Joey. I just wrote absout this in the "wall safe event is live"-thread.

Royal Flush
03-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Wholeheartedly agree Joey but it's overshadowed by Funzios greed - they've upped the gold costs by 50% and shaven a day off the event ... To me anyone spending any RM on this isn't just accepting that its gambling, it's also accepting that you want to waste your money by giving it to a company that is non deserving of it - Rockstar, EA etc should be getting everyone's money for their hard work, not these guys that have put together a very simple game & turned it into a cash cow thanks to the obsessed!

Jill
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Great thread JC, agree 100%

Nudie
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think anyone is against Funzio earning money, it's just that many are annoyed by how non-customer-focused they are.