PDA

View Full Version : Though: M4's AND Safe Event

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Just going to throw this thought out there.... Ok, so the higher level players have higher chance of finding the safes, and many of them found the sig in the last event because they had plenty of time to open the boxes. So the odds for them getting 10 emeralds is pretty high.... Now they get to free bank all of their money. Here is the stinger, even if we (those without maxed # m4's) buy gold items to equal or better items we can't attack them and take their money?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Sorry *buy gold items

If you look at the bottom of your original comment there is an edit button to the right of center.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
can you please rephrase that in the form of a question ?

Swifty
03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
The OP is saying that the elite get more elite, and I agree with him, but I do not see this as a game-breaker.

There are plenty of my rivals that are too powerful for me to attack, but I do not have enough stamina to attack/rob all my rivals that are in my sweet spot (their defense is 80% or less than my attack).

Fricco
03-14-2012, 08:46 AM
How is it that a HL player has any advantage of finding a safe box over any other player,
can you not do a job a receive loot ?

Whoopdido1980
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
What is your definition of "high odds"? I'm just about to get to level 112 and I've still only seen maybe 5 or 6 Diamond Sigs. Maybe that number skyrockets when you get to levels 150 plus, but at my level basically nobody got one. I didn't get one either and I don't expect to get this Emerald dealie-bob either.

But I agree that if a high level player got the Sig and gets this Emerald deal and got 500 M4's, he/she has a HUGE advantage over everybody else. The only thing I consider unfair is the M4 deal. The events are just luck and it's each player's own decision whether or not they want to buy gold either to use for the events or buy crates or items or gold buildings or whatever.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
How is it that a HL player has any advantage of finding a safe box over any other player,
can you not do a job a receive loot ?

I can only think of the idea that they would have far more energy and they supposedly drop along energy usage lines.

I saw this during the diamond event when my low level account couldnt get hardly any boxes to drop cuz i just didnt have enough energy. I didnt come close to the Sig. On my hi lvl account I got the Sig with a day and a half to spare.

Dont know if thats what the op was referring to but, my two cents.

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Higher levels have higher jobs that require more energy. The drops are based on energy costs if I understand this event correctly. Last event I was level 30 or so, not high drop percentage. Also because of level, rivals did not have them to steal from. A little disheartening but that's the game. I'm just opening a thought for discussion?

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Replace experience with energy. You expend energy, you earn respect :)

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Replace experience with energy. You expend energy, you earn respect :)

Done. Sorry, new to actually opening a thread and the forum in general.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
thats understandable but your OP says we (HL) have more time, everyone has that same limit and not sure about this event but i do believe everyone had a fair amount of left over lock boxes???

Counter,
i could see where you are coming from but i know a lvl 85 player with 4 Emeralds now,
which leads me to believe drops for safes are evenly distributed.

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 09:09 AM
What is your definition of "high odds"? I'm just about to get to level 112 and I've still only seen maybe 5 or 6 Diamond Sigs. Maybe that number skyrockets when you get to levels 150 plus, but at my level basically nobody got one. I didn't get one either and I don't expect to get this Emerald dealie-bob either.

I am only level 63 so I have not seen one yet either. It seemed like many on the forum got one.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
your lvl is the reason you didnt see one,
im not sure the exact numbers but i believe you had to be lvl 80 or so
to obtain the Diamond Sig. There was a different gun for lower lvls dont recall the name.

Gaming Will
03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
thats understandable but your OP says we (HL) have more time, everyone has that same limit and not sure about this event but i do believe everyone had a fair amount of left over lock boxes???

Argh! The "more time" is in reference to finding them early in the event. In the first event it took literally 3 days for me to find one (level 30 or so). In this event I found one in the first few hours. I am not at all saying this event is uneven for low level vs high level. I am merely trying to discuss The combination of the M4 issue with higher level players and an inability to match those stats with all things combined.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM

Counter,
i could see where you are coming from but i know a lvl 85 player with 4 Emeralds now,
which leads me to believe drops for safes are evenly distributed.

My low lvl(lvl 35) left me with 3 unopened boxes, my hi lvl(lvl 85) left me with 138.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Done. Sorry, new to actually opening a thread and the forum in general.

Sure thing, just trying to help, contrary to some peoples opinions. :)

Joe Brown1
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
I agree with CounterSniper - I don't have a low level CC but my MW is at lvl 30 and I actually ran out of boxes for about 8 hrs during the current event. Couldn't get any from PvP or missions. I think the same stats apply to both games.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 09:43 AM
@Fricco,

remember also that at lvl 85 your friend is in the highest bracket and would have much more energy than someone fifty levels below him so 4 emeralds is reasonable.

fuzzy
03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
your lvl is the reason you didnt see one,
im not sure the exact numbers but i believe you had to be lvl 80 or so
to obtain the Diamond Sig. There was a different gun for lower lvls dont recall the name.

I am level 68 and I have the Diamond Heater 212/221 from the lock box event. I was most likely at level 58 or so when I got it.

DiscoDoc
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Their strategy here and with nerfing items seems to be to milk the current user base for cash as opposed to trying to grow it and expand opportunity. Only they have the aggregate user data so it's hard to fault them for what they see as the best way to make money, but it's something middle-tier players should be aware of. New players won't know any better and once they start spending money I imagine they have probably reached that middle tier and will venture in here and see it.

It's definitely interesting as I have a hard time seeing the profit in discouraging that middle-tier as that's where you will create your bulk gold buyers, avid "clickers" (for lack of a better term), and even your occasional gold buyers. I would think that would be where you grow your business, but I'm obviously not an expert in this particular industry. It could be an end of life strategy if they are expecting to bring out a new game or they feel they are reaching the end of this one I suppose.

I've done a fair amount of customer and prospect data mining in the financial and energy sectors so it's kind of interesting to hypothesize. To be fair I have limited knowledge of this industry though so that's about all I have.

I think they deserve credit for interacting here with the changes and keeping the threads alive. They aren't going to change anything, but it shows that they are at least open to the community. I wonder if that's a product of the industry being so new. I imagine a lot of them are learning as well.

madawgg
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
so what, hl players do not have a better chance of opening. The last lockbox event i have 200 lockboxes left untouched. Do you consider that as an advantage as well? this game is as fair as possible, but obviously it cannot be all-fair

Fricco
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
@Fricco,

remember also that at lvl 85 your friend is in the highest bracket and would have much more energy than someone fifty levels below him so 4 emeralds is reasonable.

Very true, i was just saying how someone with a lower energy could obtain many boxes,
i dont have 2 acct nor do i remember what it was like below 50.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 10:44 AM
I am level 68 and I have the Diamond Heater 212/221 from the lock box event. I was most likely at level 58 or so when I got it.

Thank you for the clairification. :)