PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Worst VALOR unit?

ObamaSux
03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Same concept as before... Which burns out for you the fastest?

I've lost over 300 Strike Eagles, but I still vote GIGNs as the one with the highest losses. Avengers are a close second, but they're half as expensive.

iansgkim
03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
casualty rates of valor units are as follows (From lowest to strongest)

Stealth Frigate > Super hornet > Combat Boat > Strike Eagle > M270 MLRS = Seahawk Helicopter > Avenger > GIGN > Jungle Stalke

Combat boats are the bests when ur level is low, Super hornets when u're at highest.
I personally think Avenger and GIGN are last valor unit you should buy... it's god awful expensive yet useless..

ObamaSux
03-14-2012, 08:12 AM
BTW everyone, the text AND the background is white in the poll... You can highlight the whole box to see the options. If anyone knows how to fix that, I'd appreciate it!

Blackstone
03-14-2012, 09:47 AM
GIGN - Strong stats, but very high loss ratio for me.

War Priest
03-14-2012, 09:49 AM
I think the GIGN is one of the best. I have really never lost any.

JohnnyR
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Strike Eagles really drop if you happen to have a low ally count and they're your lowest unit. Other than that, Jungle Stalkers really blow. Bought hundreds of them, all they do is die. Got tired of replacing them.

stricker
03-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Strike Eagles really drop if you happen to have a low ally count and they're your lowest unit. Other than that, Jungle Stalkers really blow. Bought hundreds of them, all they do is die. Got tired of replacing them.
Yeah, my jungle stalkers are dropping like flies now but they served me very well during the earlier levels to get Att/Def up quickly. That is where they were valuable IMHO. I'm now lvl 62 and they've been falling off pretty steady since lvl 50 or so like meat shields.

Agent Orange
03-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Funny my Strike Eagles do better than my Super Hornets which makes me think that the quantity is a factor since I have just over a hundred Eagles but way over 300 Hornets.

Aidan
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Funny my Strike Eagles do better than my Super Hornets which makes me think that the quantity is a factor since I have just over a hundred Eagles but way over 300 Hornets.

It's a diff story fr me. I hv 264 hornets n 30 strike eagle n the eagle die more often thn hornets both on low n full allies approach

vball
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree with Agent Orange. I have had poor success with any but the Hornets and Stealth Frigates. Right now am just banking my valor as I do not need the extra units at this point.

It would still be interesting to see if you had all low and very low casualty rate units, would you lose less or more than if you had meat.

I have tried both and seems that having meat seems to help me lose less higher value units.

Ryan5100
05-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Should i buy super hornets or stealth frigates?

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Depends on your country, Russia-go Hornet, UK, go SF. If neither, I'd go SF for it's lower casualty rate.

Ryan5100
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Depends on your country, Russia-go Hornet, UK, go SF. If neither, I'd go SF for it's lower casualty rate.
im USA so i guess ill just use SF when i get level 6 shipyard thanks

Thunder Child
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Should i buy super hornets or stealth frigates?
I do both, at a rough ratio of 3:1 (SF:SH)... UK flag.

Jp lfs
05-06-2012, 07:44 PM

I totally agree. Why is everyone hatin' on the ninja's?

JMC
05-07-2012, 05:09 AM
GIGNs stats are not concentrated enough in either attack or defence. They can easily be replaced by cash units that are not very expensive, so it isn't worth it to throw your valor into GIGNs. They also tend to die a lot as i've heard. If you haven't lost any, i assume you don't have very many in your army to begin with. Also, everyone is either UK or Russia, unless they made a mistake. Not many are running the infantry boost as it's really not very good.

Hassleham
05-07-2012, 06:59 AM

Of course it is. If you imagine, (just for the sake of this argument), that one Eagle has a 0.2% chance of dying and a Hornet has a 0.1% chance of dying.
If you have 100 Eagles then there's a 20% chance of losing one in a fight. But if you have 300 Hornets then there's going to be a 30% chance of losing a Hornet in a fight, even if the loss rate of a Hornet is less.

Poopenshire
05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
in 2 weeks i lost 30 GIGN, they are not worth keeping around, i only had 100 total i am now below 70. I must have had about 130 fights. I also lost 35 avenger in the same time frame. My stats are increasing to the point I will be phasing them out anyway, but it would be nice not to lose them so much. like i said in another post i lose either a SH or SF 1 out of every 5 or so fights, and thats with people <1/4 of def as my attack. One reason I am slashing my allies again.

Bronson
05-07-2012, 07:35 AM

I bet they are brilliant when your close to a full gold army I bet you don't even bring them to battle lol

For me the GIGN suck giant hairy king kong balls, I had close to 100 when at a low level I probably have 3 left now

RonaldPVincent
05-07-2012, 07:46 AM

Arent GIGNs french Specops?

Anyway jungle stalkers worst

M270s are the best

(4 me)

manbeast
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
i'd say m270 is the worst. casualty rate is terrible and why waste valor on a defensive unit? almost every in-game cash unit you can buy in the game is defensive. theres almost no good offensive units. in-game cash builds defense-valor builds offense. ergo, m270 is the worst

JMC
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't say M270 is the worst of the valor units, but it's worse than the super hornet and stealth frigate. Not everyone can afford to fill their army with money units of similar stats. Also defence stat is much more important than attack stat. If you're selecting your targets carefully you dont need that much attack stat, tho it is nice for close fights and to scare people off in fear that you'll retaliate.

They die a ton, but they've got the most lopsided stats out of them all making them good. Im going to get 450 or 500 of them, then go back to super hornets.

manbeast
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
wow 500 of them? thats a lot of valor. do u have most of your skill points in defense? i always considered attacking more important than defending since i attack way more than defend. so my skill points are 100 atk and 10 def lol

Hellstorm
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Lol... Dude I love your math. But that's like second grade logic. Think about your calculations again, the casualty rate stays the same and doesn't accumulate itself with each unit you add. But still genius

manbeast
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Lol... Dude I love your math. But that's like second grade logic. Think about your calculations again, the casualty rate stays the same and doesn't accumulate itself with each unit you add. But still genius

are you talking about queeef? i didnt do any math...

JMC
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM
wow 500 of them? thats a lot of valor. do u have most of your skill points in defense? i always considered attacking more important than defending since i attack way more than defend. so my skill points are 100 atk and 10 def lol

I have 80 attack and defence. Digital walker states that attack skillpoints should help with casualties, but they did just about nothing so i stopped wasting them there. Start putting them in defence again, but they also don't make a huge difference, so for now i'm getting a little bit more energy. Might put more in defence later.

I attack more, but i choose targets that have less than 20% of my strength. For that reason, quickly increasing attacking or keeping it high isn't that important as i can choose my targets. When it comes to defence, you are not choosing who attacks you, so you want to have as much defence as possible to ward off attackers.

manbeast
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
very good points. i'll def. start putting more skill points into def. pissed me off the other day when i lost a fight, and i go check the guys stats and his attack was only 19k!! and he was usa w/ no bonuses. he had quite a few gold units though. i'm guessing he just had a lot of atk skill points compared to my 10 def lol