PDA

View Full Version : Best farming for safes?

Holicaholic
03-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Anyone found a good place to farm the safes? I won't have time to save enough money to unlock the DD farming location, so that's out. Any advice? I have a few from Boardwalk, but they don't seem to drop as often as the lockboxes did from there.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Anyone found a good place to farm the safes? I won't have time to save enough money to unlock the DD farming location, so that's out. Any advice? I have a few from Boardwalk, but they don't seem to drop as often as the lockboxes did from there.

Ive been farming the rusty's at the Junkyard and though i only got three of them i got 9 safes.

Make that ten safes and four rusty's.

Swifty
03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I had a wall safe, but someone stole it.

Fricco
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
swiper, no swiping !!!

Shoes
03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I am having to time my safe collecting to just before the timer runs out as I am being constantly attacked, and so far have lost 5 to rivals! But then I am doing the same to them.....

Sasha54
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
So far only at the Junkyard - but maybe because that's where I basically hang out these days. And I stole one in an attack........lol

beaux
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
I've 4 from Teahouse in Chinatown

Aid
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I have gotten over 12 from artist quarter, any of the higher energy (over 100) seem to be dropping fairly regular

Joeycool
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM

I kissed a wall safe and I liked it.

Joeycool
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
People... I wouldn't worry about Farming wall safes. If it goes anything like the lock box event you are going to have hundreds left over at the end that you didn't get time to open.

Swifty
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Maybe, but people keep stealing mine.

Penutt
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
People... I wouldn't worry about Farming wall safes. If it goes anything like the lock box event you are going to have hundreds left over at the end that you didn't get time to open.

Very good point because I had like 50 left once the event was over with for the locc boxes and once you obtained the diamond sig during the last event opening up any other locc boxes was useless. As for the best places to get them from, I have got a majority of mines from doing jobs but have also came up on some from robbing and attaccing other players. It just depends on if they have any or not.

Fig Oni
03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
I am having to time my safe collecting to just before the timer runs out as I am being constantly attacked, and so far have lost 5 to rivals! But then I am doing the same to them.....

Buy defensive explosive as the result in a lower loss of boxes.
Personal opinion.

Let me know if it helps.

Paulio
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I've farmed 8 wall safes from Gino Falcone on the Boardwalk ... out of 9 attempts. Not a bad ratio - give him a shot and let me know how he works for you.

schnuffler
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
I like to farm wall safes from other players. They "drop" pretty often :)

wupuck
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Very good point because I had like 50 left once the event was over with for the locc boxes and once you obtained the diamond sig during the last event opening up any other locc boxes was useless. As for the best places to get them from, I have got a majority of mines from doing jobs but have also came up on some from robbing and attaccing other players. It just depends on if they have any or not.

It's the 1st 5-10 that are important so your not wasting any time "waiting" to get the next safe.

Early on, pay attention to what sort of buildings a player has,
- if they have any of the newer buildings, its likely they have played recently.
- If nothing is ready to be collected, it likely they've visited the game recently
- thus, if theres alot of "rob-able" buildings its likely they haven't played the game recently

Happy hunting!

Santa
03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
IMHO the best way to get safes is to play like normal. Farm your normal stuff. Rob your normal buildings. The safes will come, the only point in "farming" for safes is if you have a crapload of gold.

If you do have gold to spend, then you can throw what I just said out the window.