PDA

View Full Version : Implications of Events and the End Prize Awarded

AppleMacGuy
03-14-2012, 04:52 AM
After this current event has ended there will be a number of players that will have earned both the +1 RP prize and the no-deposit bank deposit prize. They are both rewards for event success - whether you achieve it with/without gold is immaterial for the purposes of my point that follows.

The real issue IMO that these 2 events now raise is that they unequivocally favour current players, i.e. after this event there will be a number of players that will have earned both the +1 RP prize and the no-deposit bank deposit prize.

As it stands new players will have no opportunity for either of these. In which case surely Funzio must consider the need to re-run events that offer the opportunity to gain these at some future date for new players and possibly players that missed out first time around? They must have considered the implications...it would be interesting/nice of they shared their thoughts on this?

Fricco
03-14-2012, 05:35 AM
does raise ones curiosity....
great point Mac.

epicrecipe
03-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Free banking is a *huge* advantage and will only strengthen a player as their economy improves.

Holicaholic
03-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Free banking is a *huge* advantage and will only strengthen a player as their economy improves.

I believe you have stumbled upon the point of this topic, good sir.

cookies
03-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Spent 600ish gold on the last event and got a diamond heater 20 minutes before the event ended, but will most likely not go through this ordeal again.

Not only did the event break my strategy of camping to raise income, forcing me to mission/rob/attack people for 14+ hours a day to see any lockboxes at all since i am still comparbly low level, it would also have caused alot of frustration if i had ended up being stuck with 9 diamonds after the time/money spent on the event.

The current reward item pretty much nets as a permanent 10% income increase which is far too powerful to leave it to chance in my mind.
The wall safe event is a horrible design in my opinion. Rewards should be fun, interesting and achievable for anyone that puts a certain amount of effort into it, and not offer game breakingly imbalanced rewards to a select few who get lucky.

If they had put the item up for sale, i would most likely have bought it, even if it were expensive but the events are more stressful and frustrating than fun.

AppleMacGuy
03-14-2012, 06:16 AM

Absolutely, hence why I bring this up. For me, it would mean an additional 1.5 million per day...

Dipstik
03-14-2012, 06:18 AM
10% income is "game breaking"? Seems to me I could get that by paying about $20 to funzio, but it wasn't worth it for me to do that either. You realize that adding +1 respect to all fights is more than a 10% increase and respect items are FAR more important than items you buy for cash?

Now I see why Funzio demands such a ridiculous profit margin from its players... It's required in order to put up with the incessant whining.

Swifty
03-14-2012, 06:21 AM
In a different thread, two players have already told me that neither the diamond sig nor the emerald burner represent signficant advantages in the game.

I won't name them because they will no doubt post the same opinions here.

However, I still maintain that they do represent significant advantages. And I do not begrudge the players that get them. That is not my point. My point is that they do give the players that get them a significant advantage in the game, and thus are a powerful incentive to succeed in the special events.

Holicaholic
03-14-2012, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they do both events more than once. I've heard people say that you still technically have all your lockboxes, you just can't see them. If they do the same event more than once it would be nice to keep the count from the previous event.

cookies
03-14-2012, 06:47 AM
10% income is "game breaking"? Seems to me I could get that by paying about $20 to funzio, but it wasn't worth it for me to do that either. You realize that adding +1 respect to all fights is more than a 10% increase and respect items are FAR more important than items you buy for cash?

Now I see why Funzio demands such a ridiculous profit margin from its players... It's required in order to put up with the incessant whining.

I would be getting an extra 300k per day which equals to 2USD per day worth of money if you bought it. So yeah, your 20 dollars would get you an equal amount....for 10 days...

AppleMacGuy
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Firstly, your math is ****...the additional income is perpetual whilst you continue playing/collecting income, so your $20 statement is wholly incorrect.

Second, this thread was not started as an "incessant whine" - it was started to foster a genuine discussion of the implications of the event end prizes for new players who miss out. Go back and read my first post and point out where the "incessant whine" is located. Next time take your finger out of your ass before you post **** like you have. At least your name "Dipstik" is on the money lmao.

TRAZ
03-14-2012, 07:09 AM
I honestly just appreciate getting the opportunity. I'm sure it'll come around again. There was more than one opportunity for the lockbox event wasn't there?

Holicaholic
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
I honestly just appreciate getting the opportunity. I'm sure it'll come around again. There was more than one opportunity for the lockbox event wasn't there?

No, not for everyone. Anyone who had an iPad could move their game over for the HD event, but other than that there was only one chance.

madawgg
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't see why this is a game breaker...considering the number of ppl who can put their hands on that item?

Swifty
03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
@madawgg

Thanks for bringing up that further point.

I am saying it is a significant advantage for the individuals, but I do not think it is a game-breaker. It is an important distinction.

JaceD
03-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Doesn't no banking give the same advantage that Tycoons already have over other players? So if an Agent were to get no banking, they would make the same amount as they would if they picked Tycoon. Obviously if someone is already Tycoon they get an even bigger advantage, but I guess I don't see why saving 10% is such a big deal when there's already that same imbalance.

cookies
03-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Doesn't no banking give the same advantage that Tycoons already have over other players? So if an Agent were to get no banking, they would make the same amount as they would if they picked Tycoon. Obviously if someone is already Tycoon they get an even bigger advantage, but I guess I don't see why saving 10% is such a big deal when there's already that same imbalance.

The big deal is that anyone can upgrade to Goodfella for a few gold pieces but this is a one time deal that is based on luck.

madawgg
03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
exactly. upgrade to goodfella is only 120 gold piece. I wonder how many ppl would spend more on lockboxes instead of investing that 120 into upgrading their class standing. IMO, upgrade to goodfella is way better, although im not spending any gold lol

duder
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Man, I'd just assumed the respect event would be repeated.

It's an interesting point; generally an active player who started earlier has a compound advantage over a player starting today - more opportunities for loot, respect, income, etc. I guess this is somewhat offset by growing into a place where it is difficult (read more time consuming) to be as aggressive - though really, this game is pretty much all about offense (no offense nycpizzalover - I love what you're doing).

I can see the point that the nobank certainly is nice, though I think a solid economic foundation doesn't really require that additional boost. The +respect output, on the other hand, man - that's unbalancing. Seeing as the top gear that the majority of the players will likely strive for will be respect gear, players who picked up that little toy are getting a nice little boost to their path towards dominance. While I agree the only way to balance the field is to make the event available multiple times, it really only works if you make the event only available to players who didn't get the item.

You almost need a diminishing impact tiering system for the event output based on your previous event gains. I wonder if that's something funzio would think about implementing. That would even things out nicely. Everyone still gets the opportunity for top shelf gold equivalent item per event and it would be a way to diminish the advantage that existing players have over new players.

I wonder what the tiering would be:

1) +respect
2) no bank

3) increased loot/pvp drop rate?
4) % chance to get energy or stamina from successful actions?
5) diminished explosive burn rates?
6) decreased equipment/building costs?
7) % boost to equipment stats?

You'd probably need to develop a pretty long list, then do an impact analysis to figure out the advantages and to rank them appropriately. But you'd basically want to put the top advantage items available in the early events.

... why I am making this suggestion? I don't make suggestions for how to change the game... I just sit at the lower levels and flaunt too much cash on hand. Please ignore this post everyone.

Holicaholic
03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
For the record, Tycoon + banking = 99% of your total income. No bank = 100%

DiscoDoc
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
The whole point of this game is for you to spend money to compete. The more time invested you have in the game the more likely you are too spend money to keep your place as they pull the rug out. I'm guessing this is part of the product life-cycle and we have reached the point where trying to milk more out of the top-end makes sense (I also imagine it helps keep new customers). It will cause attrition in the middle tiers, but obviously they feel they win in the cost/benefit game.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
like Mark said, this is not a box game. Things will constantly have to be added, subtracted, nerfed and sometimes increased.

The free deposits will not change the entire game dynamics as everyone will not receive the grand loot, but the reward is such that it creates a big enough need and desire to have, which is exactly what funzio wants and is exactly what we want.

Swifty
03-14-2012, 12:07 PM
@G Wiz

I am very much looking forward to the "sometimes increased."

Dipstik
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Apparently some people are having trouble figuring out that I was talking about paying $20 for the 150 gold to upgrade to "goodfella." No, I'm not talking about a one time purchase of cash you idiots.

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Apparently some people are having trouble figuring out that I was talking about paying $20 for the 150 gold to upgrade to "goodfella." No, I'm not talking about a one time purchase of cash you idiots.
No need for harsh language buddy.

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
No need for harsh language buddy.

You want some harsh language, check this out.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21728-if-funzio-changed-the-stats-of-your-m4a1-in-your-inventory-would-you-quit

Ghost818
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
You want some harsh language, check this out.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21728-if-funzio-changed-the-stats-of-your-m4a1-in-your-inventory-would-you-quit
Burn atleast has a decent vocabulary.
Check this fruitloop out
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21662-New-Crates!!!-(Contraband-Crates)

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Burn atleast has a decent vocabulary.
Check this fruitloop out
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21662-New-Crates!!!-(Contraband-Crates)

And of course once again the mods have let us down. Might as well just make it a free for all.

madawgg
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
lol btw i think this kind of event will prbly go on for a long time, maybe once a month? I can think of a lot more to add. how about 10 extra mafia members? i bet ppl would die for that. for me 10 more mafia means more than 1000 boost!

Swifty
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
The 10 extra mafia members would be a truly humorous reward.

It would be, once again, Funzio putting the Fun back into Funzio.

Nudie
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Seems to me the open rate using cash option has been lowered. I for one am not planning on losing any sleep on this event. The last one messed up my schedule too much. Would be nice to have zero deposit fee but my economy is so bad that it wouldn't make much of a diff.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
The 10 extra mafia members would be a truly humorous reward.

It would be, once again, Funzio putting the Fun back into Funzio.Totally agree!

I'm also glad that the tier weapon bonuses have identical perks...but for a lower level that fruit might take a while to ripen.

duder
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
what's level got to do with anything???

theONE
03-19-2012, 02:15 AM
ban all events i say

i know i should get a life, but thats the point, i played EVERY hour of the event EVERY.

I have been stuck on 8 emeralds with over 2 days to spare. Thinking I was pretty smug about being so dedicated to the event more then the lock box I would defintely get something this time.

It's now less then 24hrs left and i'm STILL stuck on 8 emeralds. WTf?? lost sleep for nothing, yes i'm not using gold but its dedication for that i've played every hour and i'm not rewarded with the best item.

I say ban it, its useless and only good if you blow gold on it, and those who say they don't use gold well thats beyond lucky, its like winning the lottery. You win it so of course you'll be cocky about it saying "duh its just luck of the draw using gold or not using gold get over it" pft.

Might aswell remove the events or have a lower level one that allows you to win out of multiple items from minor to major like a being at a carnival. This is too unrealistic so why bother?

Bush Maori
03-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Looking back at other posts and the amount that funzio made from the event there will always be more events throwing out tasty loot to all the fish new and old alike.

The thing that would concern me the most would be offering new rewards featuring say +5% cash on banking or +2 respect and making em not stackable, negating all the other top tiers so far.

Just from the people that use the forum that have stated what they spent it seems funzio probably drew in an extra 10k minimum. Easy cash cow...

Max Power
03-19-2012, 07:54 AM

You have chosen your handle wisely.

Dipstik
03-19-2012, 08:30 AM
That comeback was TOTALLY worth waiting a week to hear! WOW did you get me good! I'll think twice before posting my thoughts online again, believe me!