PDA

View Full Version : Chase the Unicorn all the way to the bank

Benjithx
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Frustrated to say the least...

I understand that there is a business behind this game that employs people that need to eat, etc. etc.... but this T-Bar "snipe hunt" is shaping up to be the best (or worst) example of Funzio's Profit over Gaming Experience mindset.

I have 5 T-bars from about 12 opened boxes. Now I have hit the wall and my last 10 attempts haven't opened anything (All Knife attempts). I have 32 supply boxes that likely won't ever be opened.

I don't mind that gold players can gain an edge with there wallets, but being led down a long road with a carrot to finally be told it can't be done without cash leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

No good Funzio, No good:mad:

War Priest
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
What is with the title? Thought this was a spam thread at first.

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Wow what a title...I'll have some of whatever OP is smoking

stricker
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
it is a spam thread.... title was posted on "Can't get past 7 Titanium Bars :( thread too...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21572-Can-t-get-past-7-Titanium-Bars-(

maybe this should be under the feedback sub-forum.

Benjithx
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I originally posted on that thread, but realized it's not quite the same topic. Just wondering if I was the only one feeling this way... That's all

War Priest
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
it is a spam thread.... title was posted on "Can't get past 7 Titanium Bars :( thread too...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21572-Can-t-get-past-7-Titanium-Bars-(

Yeah I had seen that post before this thread, and reported it thinking it was spam. Then seen this thinking it was spam about a bank and it's not.

digitalwalker
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Box even is more acceptable than that 50G Irish fighter.. Makes previously bought gold units jealous :(

stricker
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
I originally posted on that thread, but realized it's not quite the same topic. Just wondering if I was the only one feeling this way... That's all

just giving you a jab Benjithx...
remember, it is a game :-) and supposed to be fun. lol

Mcdoc
03-13-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21572-Can-t-get-past-7-Titanium-Bars- (ORIGINALLY POSTED MY McDoc) (

@ Stricker - I assure you I have never posted Spam

This post is or spam either. It is a simple venting of frustration to fellow forum members to find out if our experience is just our own bad luck or if everyone else feels like they are chasing a carrot.

Quite frankly I'm offended! And don't tell me o offense was intended - YOU prematurely ejaculated the word "spam" from your mouth.

War Priest
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM

This post is or spam either. It is a simple venting of frustration to fellow forum members to find out if our experience is just our own bad luck or if everyone else feels like they are chasing a carrot.

Quite frankly I'm offended! And don't tell me o offense was intended - YOU prematurely ejaculated the word "spam" from your mouth.

Mcdoc, you misunderstood. The creator of this thread went into your thread earlier and spammed it. It was reported so was probably removed. stricker was simply pointing out the spam in your thread, due to my comment about the title of this thread.

"Chase the Unicorn all the way to the bank" was spammed in your thread earlier today.

stricker
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Wow McDoc... seems I stirred the pot on this one, eh? I was not calling your thread spam. I was jeb-jabbing Benjithx.

Yes, I understand the need to rant out some frustration too. Benjithx has done nothing that hasn't been done on the boards before. As a matter of fact, I actually thought he demonstrated some restraint.

I will slow down on the teasing... well, maybe for a few minutes anyway! haha... :)

Seriously, McDoc. Send me a PM if you need me to clarify anything.

Mcdoc
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

I read it to mean that the Lower Casualty teaser unit is like a Unicorn - we've all heard about them and even seen drawings - but no one has ever seen one in person and in this case - some people have probably bought Gold for the 1st time thus "Chasing the Unicorn all the way to the bank" - :)

Agent Orange
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Many gold players were not impressed either and have avoided buying gold to open the boxes. As a free player it wasn't an option. It's unfortunate that it looks like it is going towards being an impossible thing to get and if that is the case a real slap in the face to loyal supporters of the game.

Mcdoc
03-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Mcdoc, you misunderstood. The creator of this thread went into your thread earlier and spammed it. It was reported so was probably removed. stricker was simply pointing out the spam in your thread, due to my comment about the title of this thread.

"Chase the Unicorn all the way to the bank" was spammed in your thread earlier today.

Hey WP - thanks for the clarification. I missed that whole event and series of posts so I misread Stricker as calling me out. I didn't mean to overreact - but I am one who reports spam regularly and Im sincere in my own post.

@Stricker - thank you for your PM to deflate the situation and since I publicly lashed out at you I also publicly apologize for my reaction - obviously you accidently stepped on a nerve. I am usually pretty good about spotting humor and sarcasm as I am good at dishing it out myself.

Anyway - I hope that we all end up reaching our goal of that amazing unit that claims to give a lower casualty rate.

Good luck to all as we press on for more Titanium Bars.

stricker
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks McDoc. And, I also apologize for not thinking the post through and being too flippant with the word spam. I typically do more lurking and joking on the forums than providing advise and helping others, as do many folks like yourself. I greatly appreciate the insight you and so many provide here.

WP - Thanks for helping me out of a jam, brother!

Benjithx - Do know I was jabbing you as a "FNG" but don't quit on the forums. These guys here make the game worth playing when it really gets mundane! ...and, I guess I still pull a FNG myself sometimes. ;)

HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!