PDA

View Full Version : I need some help concerning farming!

Koppen
03-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Since the m4 a1 ain't farmable now I'm looking for a new spot to farm on.

I looked around on maany threads but I just get confused of all the short words and I really don't understand it...

So now I'm asking, I'm level 50 and I love farming, so where should I farm now?

Thanks in advance

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Since the m4 a1 ain't farmable now I'm looking for a new spot to farm on.

I looked around on maany threads but I just get confused of all the short words and I really don't understand it...

So now I'm asking, I'm level 50 and I love farming, so where should I farm now?

Thanks in advance

The have a new weapon out, it was just released last night.

The blue scrap box at the Junkyard yields a Rusty M4a1 with stats around 11/7.

I want 500 of those bad boys.

Seriously though. I'm never frickin farming anything again and whatever players find to replace the m4 they will nerf.
This isnt the first time they've pulled this crap.

I expect that they want players to stop farming, the side effect is I will also stop buying gold, sale or no sale.

Way to execute that business model, huh

Koppen
03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Sure it's lame that they nerfed it, but if I start farm another decent armor/melee/weapon I might Atleast get a few of them before they get nerfed :-)

So I'm still interested in where to farm!

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Sure it's lame that they nerfed it, but if I start farm another decent armor/melee/weapon I might Atleast get a few of them before they get nerfed :-)

So I'm still interested in where to farm!

At your level i cant think of anything better off hand, i would stick with the Rusty's.

Someone else might be able to point you towards something better but i dont recall right now.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Take a look at one of the loot spreadsheets like this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Zt3JFNCsmdHNRLXRrRGlPT0huczI5N290MTQ1d Hc#gid=3

Pick something that looks interesting and try it.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Take a look at one of the loot spreadsheets like this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Zt3JFNCsmdHNRLXRrRGlPT0huczI5N290MTQ1d Hc#gid=3

Pick something that looks interesting and try it.

Putting the FU back in Funzio is more like it. haha

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:50 AM
@CounterSniper

I would have put that in my signature but I did not think of it.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
@CounterSniper

I would have put that in my signature but I did not think of it.

Please feel free, with my compliments.

Koppen
03-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Looked around on the site you posted, it gave me a headache and I couldn't decide where to farm lol... Thanks for the help though! Seems like my farming days are over, can't see what else to do though, this shizzle with m4s really brought my longing to play this game down..

If anyone got suggestions Im still interested :-)

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Looked around on the site you posted, it gave me a headache and I couldn't decide where to farm lol... Thanks for the help though! Seems like my farming days are over, can't see what else to do though, this shizzle with m4s really brought my longing to play this game down..

If anyone got suggestions Im still interested :-)

Seriously, I looked earlier(till my head started hurting) and I didnt see anything that compared to the Rusty M4 at your level

Koppen
03-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Agree, and since I don't want to rush my levels, I can't find anything else to do except buying/upgrading buildings... Farming rusty m4s ain't that appealing really

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Agree, and since I don't want to rush my levels, I can't find anything else to do except buying/upgrading buildings... Farming rusty m4s ain't that appealing really

Ive got a sleeper account at lvl 50 with the same username, you can come by anytime you're bored and rob the sh?t out of it, I dont pay a lot of attention to it and am habitually late at collecting as my level 100 is my primary focus.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 08:08 AM
The M4 location nerf should tell you that farming is officially discouraged.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 08:11 AM
It is one of many changes yet to come in search of the mythical balance.

Koppen
03-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Well what else to do? I barely rob/attack people and used most of my skill points at energy, and now this... Blaah

Dorian Gray
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
The M4 location nerf should tell you that farming is officially discouraged.

Yeah, that's why the NPCs drop loot more than once. :rolleyes:

Nicholost
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that's why the NPCs drop loot more than once. :rolleyes:

To change that functionality would require the release of a new client version (v2.3?) and make everyone upgrade to that version. Since they cannot force anyone to upgrade from any previous version, they made the change on the server and nerfed the loot drop. That change affected everyone without the need for a new release. Epicrecipe's post is correct, Funzio is denouncing farming with this action.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I am not sure they are denouncing farming in general, I think they are trying to balance the game, just like many online games before them.

And just like they did with the Mossbergs. And there will be more changes in the future, but hopefully some of those future changes will include useful additions to the loot table.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I am not sure they are denouncing farming in general, I think they are trying to balance the game, just like many online games before them.

And just like they did with the Mossbergs. And there will be more changes in the future, but hopefully some of those future changes will include useful additions to the loot table.

Hope you're right Swifty.

They could have really managed this whole thing much better.

How hard would it have been to post a peremptory message warning that the M4 was being withdrawn but that there are better things comings.

This a PR FAIL that could have easily been avoided.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
@CounterSniper

agree with you on the PR thing, could have been handled much better

Dorian Gray
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Hope you're right Swifty.

They could have really managed this whole thing much better.

How hard would it have been to post a peremptory message warning that the M4 was being withdrawn but that there are better things comings.

This a PR FAIL that could have easily been avoided.

One place where Funzio needs improvement is letting the community know what changes are coming down the pipeline.

Nicholost
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
One place where Funzio needs improvement is letting the community know what changes are coming down the pipeline.

Agreed. A heads-up a week before the change would have earned some grumbles, but squashed the outright anger. If they had coated the deal with the promise that a new item, even one not quite as powerful as the M4A1, but still good, would become available, or that the M4A1 would be available to purchase with RP, that would have been best.

Also, I'd like to read the Crime City release notes (I'm into that sort of thing). Are they publicly available?

erik
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Agree with Nicholost... in fact, I hope someone can post an updated spreadsheet to confirm all changes across all drops.